Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+16
Zerix
Shade
Janembo
Jaden Yuki
Nhant
wolverine
WilBer
the jancok
Supreme_King
CatGirl
Alhmanic
Mercer Bond
xcross21
Atem
OptimusYale
DanceJonDance
20 posters

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Poll

Who would you like to see duel next?

[ 11 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b1342%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b15 [42%] 
    [ 3 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b1312%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b15 [12%] 
    [ 5 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b1319%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b15 [19%] 
    [ 7 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b1327%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Vote_b15 [27%] 

Total Votes: 26
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Empty TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Well I basically have to learn to write fiction for a class I'm taking -_- Seems like writing non-fiction doesn't quite cut it if you want to be a professional writer according to my teacher, and she suggested I try some fiction stuff so here is a little fan-fic I'm going to attempt to write a fan-fiction based on some events in TDA. The characters will involve members from the academy x] their personalities will of course be changed to fit bad/good guy roles. Just imagine how you guys would look in this fanfic x] as a lot of you will be taking part in it

Before I begin I'd like to give a shout out to Catgirl, and the long gone Phoenix Enforcer for laying down some basics in their own fanfics to help me write my own. Please don't laugh at me xD

~Chapter One: Dark Signer Birth~
    Opening
    A boy in his late teens finds himself laying down in a dark room as he wakes up from what seemed to be an eternal sleep. Confused of his whereabouts, the boy looks around the dark room to give himself some self of orientation. The room is more like a cavern than an actual room, and at the center of the room there is a hole with a bright light emitting from it. The boy stands and finds that half of his clothes have been torn to shreds, and as he sees his torn clothes he has a flashback. In his flashback he sees himself falling down the bright hole and feeling agonizing pain as he makes his way down the seemingly bottomless pit. The boy realizes he must have fell down the hole, and wonders why he is not dead. Curious he walks over to the hole and as he stares into the deep bright abyss he has another flashback. This time he is no longer in pain, and feels as if he is ready to pass out, but suddenly a blurry vision of a giant black figure with dark blue stripes stops his fall, and he once again comes back to his senses.

The last thing the boy remembers before waking up in the dark room is being mugged and nearly beat to death in the satellite for his deck and duel disk. He put up a valiant fight, but the five against one odds were too overwhelming for him to handle. The boy finally decides it's time for him to leave and looks around for a way out. He glances around desperately and sees a passage with a staircase going to a floor above. He cautiously makes his way to, and up the stairway and finds a bright white light at the end of the stairs, the boy can't help but wonder if he has actually died. He gets closer to the bright light, and his eyes can't seem to adjust to the change if lighting from the dark room below and the bright room above. He puts his arm before his face to block the light and finally makes his way to the top, and to his surprise he is inside a bright room with a desk, and luxuries such as bottles of alcohol a huge screen display. At the far end of the room there is a large window giving view to to a massive construction site in the middle of Neo Domino City. Before the massive window stood a man in gray with white hair to match his outfit looking down on Neo Domino City. The boy recognized the figure as he was the richest man in Neo Domino City, Rex Goodwin.

Spoiler:

Goodwin: (Turns his head as he overhears the boy entering the room) Ah, so you're finally awake... congratulations on surviving the ritual... DJD.(Goodwin turns his head once again facing Neo Domino City) Beautiful.. isn't it? (The door slides shut behind DJD sealing the cavern room)

DJD walks towards a door that appears to be an exit, but as he makes his way to the door goodwin begins to speak again

Goodwin: What you saw down there is known as an Earthbound Immortal DJD.

DJD remembers the flashback, and stops.

Goodwin: (Smiles at DJD's curiousity) You were on the brink of death and I saved you from certain doom. You see DJD, when a person dies, he or she is given a chance to live by becoming a Dark Signer at the time of death. If they display a great will to live or a reason for revenge, an Earthbound Immortal may spare them turning them into a Dark Signer in the process. This phenomenon derives from the Netherworld itself.
    DJD:Sorry, I don't believe in fairy tales anymore.

DJD makes his way towards the door again, and as he walks he passes by a hanging mirror on the wall which reflected his image, but his eyes had changed color. The color of his iris had turned a dark yellow, and the rest of his eye had turned black. Angrily DJD turns around to face Goodwin

DJD: What have you done to me?!
    Goodwin: (calm) The Earthbound Immortal that saved you is known as Ccapac Apu. He is one of the strongest among the Earthbound Immortals.
    DJD: What do you want from me?
    Goodwin: I merely want to help you DJD. I helped you keep your life, and now I want to make you a proposition.
    DJD: I didn't ask for this Goodwin. I owe you nothing.
    Goodwin: Ah good, so you know who I am. Well I know a bit about you too. You were the first student to ever rank Obelisk Blue in his first attempt at Duel Academy, but you dropped out before you could graduate because of personal problems you had against the instructors. Soon after, Duel Academy burned to the ground, and many people blamed you for it. You dropped off the map in Neo Domino City, but made a name for yourself dueling underground at the Satellite
    DJD: (shock) How...
    Goodwin: Surprised? Don't be DJD; my eyes reach further than Neo Domino City, The Satellite, and The Netherworld itself. So much so that I was lucky enough to have one of my men find you in a dump of a hospital in the Satellite with one foot in your grave. For reasons unknown to me there was enough desire in your heart to seek revenge that you survived the ritual, and now you stand before me.
    DJD: You've wasted enough of my time, and like I said before I didn't ask for you to save me so I don't owe you anything.

DJD continues to walk towards the door, determined to ignore what Goodwin had just said to him, however, Goodwin has one last thing to say.

Goodwin: I'm bringing back the legendary Battle City Tournament DJD, and I need your talent.

DJD makes a stop again, his eyes filled fire fire. He doesn't turn towards goodwin, but his halt is a good enough sign for Goodwin to know he has peaked DJD's interest.

Goodwin: Surely you studied it in Duel Academy? The tournament ran by Seto Kaiba, and Kaiba Corporation so many years ago. It gathered hundreds of top duelists into Domino City, and just imagine how many duelists would gather in Neo Domino once a tournament of this magnitude is announced. I'm calling it Neo Battle City! Surely whoever you seek revenge against is likely to show up.

DJD smiles, and turns his head towards goodwin.

DJD:So what do you want me to do?
    Goodwin: (smile)Well first we'll have to build a new deck for you, and give you a change of clothes.

Chapter End

If you don't want to search through the posts to find the chapters you can find them by clicking the following links:

::Chapter Two: Plan A::

::Chapter Three: The Dark Signers::

::Chapter Four: DJD vs. SK::

::Chapter Five: Brotherhood Promise::

::Chapter Six: Boat Ride::

::Chapter Seven: Tournament of Revenge::

::Chapter Eight: X Marks the Spot::

::Chapter Nine: Fortune Scoop::

::Chapter Ten: Burning Memories::

::Chapter Eleven: Severed Bond::

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 am; edited 20 times in total
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by the jancok Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Oh wow o.O, Nice story man... very epic, also i guess i'll coming soon xD.
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Male Posts : 61
    Speed Credits : 774

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 2 Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by Mercer Bond Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:14 pm

Oh I loved the duel between you and Supreme_King but the why'd you have to have Rex end it XD

Anyway I'm psyched to see what the tournament has in store for the readers.
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:40 am

Mercer Bond wrote:Oh I loved the duel between you and Supreme_King but the why'd you have to have Rex end it XD

@ Mercer: That conflict had me frozen in my seat for more. Even when Goodwin stopped the fight was exciting. It would be called the "Uh-Oh" moment when it comes to top-notch bosses givin' ya a strict order not to specifically do something you're not supposed to do! Very Happy
    Dum-Du-Dum-Duh-Dum! lol XDD Another bingo DJD. Smile

@ SK: You make a great evil signer in the story. ^^

@ xcross: Hey, you're in the tournament! ^^

Offtopic responding to xcross: Chapter 06 will be installed soon. Right now my network's zapped out of existance.... again. Using the other computer until my laptop relocates the network. xD

~ cat
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:18 am

~Chapter Six: Boat Ride~
    The Detonator was standing on the roof of his house staring at the sunrise behind the clouds of smoke generated by the factories of the Satellite. His eyes were filled with determination as it was only a matter of hours before his life changing experience would begin. Sitting on the edge of that very same roof was Flodian, also staring out into the same sunrise that was hiding behind all the smoke, his facial expression gave off a sense of hope. The two truly believed in their hearts that they would win the tournament and finally have a better life, but they were completely unaware of the plans going on for the tournament. Soon the young xcross joined them on the rooftop, he was carrying a bag on his back with seemingly all his belongings. His eyes filled with the same fire as his other two friends. Det looked back as he sees xcross arrive, and smiles.

The Detonator:And then there were three.
    Flodian:What took you so long cross?
    xcross:(depressed)I was saying goodbye to my parents.
    The Detonator:Cross.. you know we are not coming back right?
    xcross:I know, we're going to win that tournament, and make it out of here!

Flodian stands up, and grabs a bag next to him that was holding some clothes, and his deck.

Flodian:He's not talking about that Cross.
    The Detonator:Win or lose we are staying there.
    xcross:But what about our family!? We can't just leave them here!! Besides it's not like they're going to allow us to stay there! You guys are crazy to think they won't be tracking us at all times
    The Detonator:I've talked to my mother, and she knows this is the best thing I could do for myself.. We also talked to your mother Cross.. She only asked us to take care of you..

xcross remembers the goodbye he had with his mother earlier that morning, and remembers she was on the brink of tears. He couldn't understand why his mother would feel the urge to cry if he was only leaving for a couple of weeks, but suddenly everything made sense. He dropped his bag and turned around determined to make his way back home. However, before he could make a run for it Flodian stopped him by grabbing his arm.

Flodian:We made a promise to your mother not to let you go back cross, I'm sorry.
    xcross:(Watery eyes)Let me go! I don't want to leave my mother!

xcross struggled to break Flodian's hold, but to no avail.

xcross:Let me go Flodian! It's not my fault you don't have any parents! You have nothing to lose, but I do!

Flodian's expression suddenly went blank, and released xcross. Xcross realized he had said something hurtful to Flodian, and instead of running off he stayed, dropped to his knees, and began to cry. Det walked over to cross and patted Flo on the shoulder as he passed him. He keeled next to cross and put his arm around him, and looked up into the sunset.

The Detonator:You see that Cross? On the other side of all that smoke is a better life for us. Your mother would want you to live that life, and not have to scavenge for your food. Your mother will always love you, and she is doing this for you. Do you think this isn't hard on her?

xcross looked up at det with tears in his eyes.

The Detonator:I know it's difficult, but we are your family now, and I promise we won't let anything happen to you. Some day we will return and see your mother, but for now we have to focus on making it out of here... It's the only way we'll ever have a better life, and you know it. Now wipe your tears otherwise we're going to be late for the boat.

xcross stands up and wipes the tears from his eyes with his forearm

xcross:I'm sorry Flo..
    Flodian:We're going to be late. Let's go.

Flodian walked towards the stairs that led to the bottom of the building and the rest of the group followed. The day of the boat ride had finally come, and each one was leaving something behind the moment that boat set sail. The boys walked to the docks, and when they arrived they found that the lines to board the boats easily had over two hundred people each.

xcross:(Shock)All of these people are duelists?!
    Flodian:No.. all of these people are trying to make it out of here.

Towards the end of the lines were three officers, one in the middle seemingly was the leader. He was tall and had tan skin with dark hair to match it. He was wearing a Neo Domino police uniform which meant he was in charge of security for the boat rides.
    Spoiler:
    One of the officers at his side called out his name 'Officer Trudge' and told him that one of the people in line did not have a forty card deck.

Trudge:Get out of line you scumbag! If you don't have at least forty cards in your deck then you can't ride this boat
    Man A:Please officer have some mercy allow me to get on this boat!
    Trudge:Me? Have mercy on you!? Ha! You're not even worth my pity!

Trudge grabbed the man by the arm and shoved him out of the line. He then walked in front of the man, spitting on the floor as he passed him, to make an announcement to the rest of the people in line.

Trudge:All of the people who don't have forty card decks better get out of line right now! I will not be dealing with this nonsense all day! This boat will leave the next time a person that walks here without the required amount of cards to ride.

Most people began to leave the line as most of them lacked the required amount of cards to get on the boat. Back at the end of the line the boys reacted to the actions of Officer Trudge.

Flodian:Grr.. What a jerk. We should teach him some maners!
    The Detonator:We knew this would happen, it's best if we just ignore it..

Before Flodian could speak he noticed that people who had left the line had gathered in a small circle. They seemed to be gathering all the cards they had into a single deck. One of the persons was counting the cards that were gathered.

Woman AThirty-Three... that's all we could gather my dear... I'm so sorry...
    Girl:(depressed)It's okay mother.. Perhaps we could give these cards to someone who really needs them..

Another person from the group walked towards whatever was left of the line, and began begging people for any spare cards.
    Man B:Please sir... my daughter needs to ride this boat, it's her only way out of here.
    Man C:Get lost old man! It's every man for himself!

The girl chased after the old man, and comforted him.

Girl:Father please, it's fine.. You do not need to beg.

The boys walked up to the girl and her father.

The Detonator:We'll get you on that boat. Each of us has side decks which means we'll have spare cards to fill your deck with forty cards.

Man B:Oh my, thank you kindly young man! You are a blessing!
    Flodian:Don't mention it gramps. We'll take care of your daughter while we're in Neo Domino until she can be on her own safely (gives thumbs up and a smile)
    xcross:We'd better get in line before that officer goes crazy again guys.

The girl hugged both her parents, and said her farewells. She joined the boys, and they all walked towards the end of the line. As they stood there they saw that the line was surprisingly small.

Flodian:Guess not everyone is as lucky as us when it comes to card scavenging...
    The Detonator:I actually expected more duelists to show up. Seems that only the familiar faces from the underground duels are here...
    xcross:Yeah.. I saw GothicMess, WilliamBerlin, and The Jancok all make their way in the boat.
    Flodian:Meh... in front of the line are those jerks Carver, and Yusei Fudo..
    The Detonator:I wonder if DJD made it inside the boats already.
    Girl:Excuse me.. did you say DJD?
    The Detonator:Yeah, I dueled him in underground duels several times.. I was never able to beat him.
    Girl:There was a boy a few weeks back who was in the hospital where my mother, and I work at. He said his name was DJD. He was injured really badly, but one day he just vanished.
    Flodian:Heh, serves him right! That overconfident jerk!

The girl was clearly sensitive, and did not take kindly to Flodian's words. The girl was the daughter of two local self-studied doctors, she had long brown hair, and big brown eyes. She wasn't very tall, and seemed a bit timid. Based on her reaction she had towards Flodian's comment you could tell she was a kind-hearted person who was interested in everyone's well being regardless of who they were. Flodian saw that he upset the girl, and decided to change the subject.

Flodian:I'm sure he's okay... I mean the guy was a jerk, but I'm sure he can take care of himself... so what's your name anyway?

The girl looked up at flodian and with a big smile responded

Girl:My name is CatGirl. Nice to meet you!

The line continued to slim down until finally it was the turn of The Detonator. Trudge gave Det a dirty look as one of the officers examined his deck. The officer cleared Det's deck, and handed him a duel disk.

Officer A Proceed to the boat as we will be leaving soon.

Det made his way on to the dock, and waited for the rest of the group. xcross was next, and the officer cleared his deck, and handed him a duel disk as well. Next was CatGirl, she handed her deck with a smile to the officer, and waited for her deck to be cleared. Officer Trudge looked over the examining officer's shoulder to see CatGirl's deck, and stopped the officer.

Trudge:Wait a minute!

Trudge snatched the deck of cards from the officer's hands and examined them with a look of disgust in his face.

Trudge:You call this a deck girl?! This is just a bunch of cards stacked up to call it a deck! This boat ride is for serious duelists! Go on get out of here!

Trudge threw CatGirl's deck of cards to the floor and the cards scattered all over the floor in front of Trudge. CatGirl dropped to her knees with tears in her eyes in front of Trudge, and began collecting the deck of cards her friends and family had worked so hard to collect in order for her to make it out of the Satellite. Flodian walked up to Trudge, and got on his face.

Flodian:Hey! You jerk! The rules clearly state that the deck must contain forty cards at least! It doesn't say it must be a specific set of cards!
    Trudge:I suggest you get out of my face dirtbag before I reject you too!
    The Detonator:Flodian! Don't!

CatGirl finished picking up the last of her cards and got up in front of Flodian

CatGirl:Please don't lose your spot on this boat because of me!

CatGirl grabbed Flodian's hand and placed the cards Det, xcross, and Flo had kindly loaned her so that she could make the boat ride. However, Flodian was not having it. He took the cards and placed them right back in CatGirl's hand

Flodian:Ha! I bet you guys are just rejecting people because you guys are scared that a satellite "dirtbag" will win this tournament! You Neo Domino people are just scared of us! Pathetic!
    Trudge:Ha! I could defeat the likes of you in a duel in two turns! Don't insult the people of Neo Domino!

Trudge walked past Flodian, and addressed the remaining people in the line.

Trudge:I warned you all! The next time one of you scumbags wasted my time the boats would set sail. Thank this kid for every single one of you losing your spot!

Flodian walked up behind Trudge with his fist raised in front of his face.

Flodian:Instead of hiding behind your badge of authority why don't you put your money where your mouth is?! If I beat you in a duel then I get your rarest card, and we all get to board the boat, and if you beat me then I will allow you to take me to prison and take all my cards.
    Trudge:Why would I bother? Your cards are probably worthless! Let's go boys!
    Flodian:If my cards are so worthless then you should have no problem beating me! Sounds to me like you're scared though.

Trudge walked over to the box where all the duel disks were being held, and grabbed two. He put one on, and threw the other at Flodian.

Trudge:I guess it can't hurt to make an example of you!

Both duelists activated their duel disks, and the life point counts were set.

Trudge:DUEL!
    Flodian:DUEL!

Flodian:8000 LP Trudge:8000 LP

Trudge:I'll start things off! I'll set two cards, and summon Krebons in Attack mode! (1200/400) I'll end my turn

Two cards are placed face down before Trudge, and a monster with a smile from ear to ear wearing a purple Joker-like costume is summoned on Trudge's side of the field.

Flodian:(Draws)Here we go! I'll activate the magic spell Future Fusion!

A hole is opened in the ground in front of Flodian with a bright light radiating from it.

Flodian:This card allows me to send any fusion material monsters listed on a fusion monster to the graveyard, and during my second stanby phase I can Fusion summon the fusion monster from my extra deck!

Flodian's duel disk began shuffling, and after a few seconds five cards were pushed forward from his deck. He grabbed the five cards and placed them in the graveyard pile of his duel disk.

Flodian: I'll finish by setting another card face down and, I'll end my turn
    Trudge:Ha! You sent five monster cards to the grave, and you left your field wide open! This just proves you satellite trash are no match for high caliber duelists.
    Flodian:Ooops... before you begin your turn I forgot to mention.. one of the cards i sent to the graveyard is Red-Eyes Wyvern. This card has a very special effect. You see during the end phase of a turn in which I did not summon I can remove it from play to summon a monster from my grave that has the word "Red-Eyes" in its name, and since I sent this other monster to the grave I'll special summon it by removing Red-Eyes Wyvern from play. Now I special summon Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! (2800/2400)

Flodian's best card took the field to everyone's amazement. Nobody in the Satellite had ever seen such a rare card. The dragon was a metal version of the Red-Eyes Black Dragon. As soon as it hit the field it let out a thunderous roar. Trudge looked up at the beast, and he knew he was in trouble.

Trudge:(Thinking)How in the world did a Satellite dirtbag like him get such a powerful monster!? It must be stolen! Nonetheless I must counter it. (Outloud)It's my turn! Draw!... Excellent. I'll summon Assault Beast in Attack mode! (1900/1200). Since Krebons is on my side of the field I can use it to tune my Assault Beast! Now I'll tune both my monsters whose levels total six, and synchro summon Goyo Guardian! (2800/1000) Since both our monsters are evenly matched I won't attack, but I'll set one card face down, and end my turn.
    Spoiler:
    Flodian:(Draws)Well that's one standby... Now I'll activate my dragon's special effect. Whenever he's face up on the field I can special summon one dragon type monster from my hand or my graveyard. I choose to special summon Dark Horus! (3000/1800)

Another metalized dragon was summoned on Flodian's side of the field. It too let out a roar as he made it to the field, this dragon looked much more powerful than red-eyes, and Trudge was amazed that the way Flodian could summon such a powerful monster without any effort.
    Spoiler:
    Flodian: Now Horus! Attack his Goyo Guardian!

xcrossAlright! Flo has this one in the bag!
    The DetonatorI wouldn't count that officer guy out just yet.

Horus spit out an intense red flare from its mouth directed at Goyo Gurdian, however, Trudge was not going to go down so easily.

Trudge:You've triggered my quick-spell Shrink! Now your Horus' attack is halved to 1500!

CatGirl:Oh no! Flodian's dragon!

Horus' flare began dimming as Goyo Guardian forced his way through it, and struck Dark Horus shattering it into the graveyard.

Flodian:6700 LP Trudge:8000 LP

Flodian:No! My horus!
    Trudge:But that's not all scumbag! You see whenever Goyo Guardian destroys a monster and sends it to the graveyard, I can special summon that monster to my side of the field in Defense Mode!

As Horus is shattering he quickly regenerated on Trudge's side of the field taking a defensive stand.

Flodian:Darn! I'll have to end my turn..

CatGirl:Hang in there Flodian!

Flodian gave CatGirl a thumbs up then focused his sights back on Trudge.

Trudge:You're no match for me, and your little cheerleaders can't save you! Draw! Now I'll switch your horus to attack mode, and activate my facedown card Royal Decree! This card negates the activation and effects of all trap cards on the field!
    Flodian:(Frustration)Oh no!
    Trudge:Oh yes! Now your own monster will be your demise! Horus attack his Red-Eyes!

Horus let out his flare towards red-eyes shattering it to the graveyard on impact. Flodian covered his eyes to block out the bright flare's light.

Flodian:6500 LP Trudge:8000 LP

Trudge:Now Goyo, Attack his life points directly!

Goyo charged at Flodian landing a successful blow. All Flodian could do was brace for the impact since all trap cards were rendered useless.

The Detonator(shouting)You better not lose Flodian!
    xcross(Depressed)He's done for... I can't look!

Flodian:3700 LP Trudge:8000 LP

Trudge:What's the point of having such strong monsters if you don't know how to use them! I'll end my turn! Haha!

Trudge laughed hysterically as Flodian began his turn

Flodian:You should really wipe that smile from your face...
    Trudge:Oh yeah? Why is that?
    Flodian:Because this turn you'll lose!
    Trudge:Ha! Don't make me laugh!
    Flodian:(draws with a smile)You seem to be forgetting my spell card Future Fusion. It's been two standby phases since I activated it, which means I can now bring my ultimate beast to the field! Come on out Five-Headed Dragon! (5000/5000)
    Spoiler:

A five headed beast roared its way on to Flodian's side of the field, its roar sent chills down Trudge's spine, and its attack points made his knees shake. Trudge knew he was in trouble as his own Royal Decree would not allow him to counter the monster with traps, and his two monsters were no match for Flodian's mighty dragon.

Flodian:Now I'll summon Spear Dragon in Attack Mode! Here's where the fun begins though. Whenever there's a face-up dragon type monster on my side of the field I can remove it from play to summon a good friend of mine. Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon! I'm sure you're familiar with him. Now I'll activate the magic card Lighting Vortex! Since you have no dark monsters in your grave you can't use Horus' effect.

A series of lightnings struck down on Trudge's monsters shattering them into a million pieces. Trudge's field was wide open, and Flodian was not done Embarrassing Trudge.

Flodian:Since Dark Horus is now in its rightful owner's graveyard, I can use Red-Eyes' effect to special summon it!

Flodian's side of the field included three powerful dragons all intimidating to look at. Trudge stood in shock as he was about to be defeated by a kid from the satellite.

Flodian:Now... my dragons finish him off!

All dragons charged a flare from their mouths, and released at the same time. The three flares spiraled to make one giant ball of fire which struck Trudge violently. Trudge was still in shock and did not move as the flare approached, and hit him.

Flodian:3700 LP Trudge:0 LP

The crowd behind Flodian cheered, Det and xcross gave each other a big high five, and CatGirl smiled as Flodian got the victory. As the light from the Flare cleared, a defeated Trudge was revealed. He was on his knees, and his deck was scattered in front of him much like he had scattered CatGirl's deck. Flodian walked up to Trudge, and kneeled in front of him. He looked through Trudge's cards, and picked up the Goyo Guardian. He got up and added the card to his deck.

Flodian:Thanks for the warm-up duel.

Flodian looked at CatGirl, and gave her a head signal to follow him. CatGirl followed behind him as they both joined Det, and xcross on the dock.

CatGirl:Thank you so much again!
    Flodian:Meh, don't mention it. That guy had it coming

Det put his arm around Flodian as they walked along the dock

The Detonator:Did you really have to make such a scene?!
    xcross:You sure showed him Flo! I knew you'd beat him all along!

The four made their way inside the boat only to be greeted by the other duelists. The other duelists did not seem as happy as the crowd outside to see Flodian and the rest of the group. The happiness of Flodian's victory quickly ended, and reality sunk in. Every duelist on that boat was out to get them for the grand prize, and Flodian's newly acquired Goyo Guardian painted a big bull's eye across his chest. The group did not back down from the dirty looks everyone was giving them, they knew this was what they signed up for, and they were determined to make it to the top. They proceeded towards a door which lead them to the deck of the ship, and they all watched Neo Domino City on the horizon. Soon after the ship began moving and the journey towards Neo Battle City began for these four friends.

Chapter Six End

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:05 am; edited 3 times in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

Post by xcross21 Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:35 am

Sweet awsome duel Flodian obliterated Trudge although he deserved it XD keep rocking the chapters djd gj
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:02 am

Epic OTK flo, nice one xD

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:27 pm

yay all deck were meta but its ok make that become better ^^

actually ive to say DJD its the best fan fic i ever read in my life maybe u should make Yugioh TDA comic xP

btw , u make SK character so cocky o.O poor ._.
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Post by Mercer Bond Sat Mar 06, 2010 5:22 pm

Hmmm, that has to be my favorite chapter yet. The best part has to be the emotional scene where Cross wants to go back, no doubt.
    wolverine
    wolverine

Male Posts : 248
    Speed Credits : 773

Post by wolverine Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:32 pm

awesome that duel was intense i cant wait to find out more
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:21 pm

Great chapter DJD, good job. Of course we will want to get to the end of this story. Smile
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Post by CatGirl Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm just as excited s you are Atem. Smile

Go Flo! Go! lol ^_^

~ cat
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:19 pm

Some of you guys have told me that some stuff in my fanfic is inaccurate to the 5d's storyline. I just wanna say that this is a fanfic and some stuff is taken out of the 5d's story, but everything is completely different. There are no yusei fudos or jack atlases in my story, and as you guys can see dark signers are not entirely evil. Yes there are inconsistencies because this is not Yugioh 5ds, this is my fanfic, and it's different.

Before you read this chapter make sure to check the video on this link out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKlppcr9leg

Skip to about minute 4:30 to hear Lazar's laugh. He will be making an appareience in this chapter and every time he laughs his laugh is supposed to sound that way :]

~Chapter Seven: Tournament of Revenge~

The day of the tournament had finally arrived, and Neo Domino had never looked more lively. There were duelists flooding the streets in every corner, and little kids who had come out to cheer on their favorite duelists. Businesses were booming with customers as Neo Domino had now become the number one tourist attraction for duel fans everywhere. Until that day only rich people could afford to watch live duels in dueling arenas, but today dueling would be done on the streets in plain sight for everyone to see, especially Rex Goodwin. Rex Goodwin, aside from being the richest man in Neo Domino, was the head of Sector Security. Sector Security is an institution intended to enforce the law, and keep the peace in Neo Domino. The organization was said to be in charge of keeping the Nazca lines in check by several conspiracy theorists, but most people disregarded the theories of the Nazca lines as meere fairy tales which allowed Goodwin to experiment on the lines under the radar. He obviously exploited the power of these lines and was able to harvest the power of The Earthbound Immortals in order to create his team of Dark Signers. Goodwin was a man of myth, and most of the myths about the man were false, but some were true. One of the true myths is that he was the leader of an undreground organization called the Yliaster--literally meaning "the first chaos in the matter of all things." This organization started roughly 3,000 years ago in the Andes of South America, and people who swear their loyaty to this organization usually have some sort of control over society.
    Spoiler:
    According that Goodwin told DJD, he is using this organization to harvest the power of the Crimson Dragon for the good of mankind. Goodwin had been waiting for this tournament to come for a long time, and the time was finally here. He stood in his usual spot looking down on Neo Domino with a smile on his face; all the pieces were coming together. As Goodwin stared down, a tiny effeminiate man with blue hair wearing red lipstick walked into the room.
    Spoiler:
    His name was Lazar, and like Goodwin he was part of the Yliaster organization. Lazar was Goodwin's right hand, and was second in command of Sector Security. Unlike Devak, Lazar was not much of a duelist, but he was much smarter which gave him preference with goodwin. He is arrogant and sadistic, often laughing at other people's pain. However, his attitude goes from arrogant to that of a coward when the situation does not favor him. He clearly hides behind his badge of authority to get his way, and knows most people can't do anything about it.

Lazar:(Smirk)Seems like all the pieces to our puzzle have gathered hehehe!
    Goodwin:(Faces Lazar)Did you handle the Satellite situation?
    Lazar:Yes, the trash will be put out as soon as the tournament is over. We installed a tracking device on their duel disks.
    Goodwin:(turns to face Neo Domino)And what if they are to take the duel disks off?
    Lazar:The duel disks are set to stay on their wrists at all times, if they take them off... well let's just say that's not all that'll be coming off them! hehehe!
    Goodwin:I want to talk to DJD and OptimusYale in private.
    Lazar:(bows to Goodwin)As you wish.

Lazar turned and walked out of the door. Goodwin continued to keep his ever watchful eye on Neo Domino as he prepared for the events that were to come. Goodwin had been working on this plan for many years, and the plan was ready to be executed. Meanwhile outside of the sector security building, Det, Flo, xcross, and CatGirl found themselves at a local restaurant with several empty plates beside each boy at their table. The boys had been eating as if they hadn't eaten in weeks. Each one of them was eating as if their stomachs were bottomless pits except for CatGirl. She kept her manners and ate her food slowly and with a smile on her face not minding the way her companions were eating. However, this was not the case for the rest of the restaurant. Everyone who was not from the satellite stared at them with disgust as if they were wild animals, the boys could hear chatter coming from the tables about their clothes, their manners, and their smell, but it didn't seem to bother the boys. Det finished one of his plates, and wiped his mouth.

The Detonator: That Goodwin guy sure knows how to throw a tournament! I can't believe he's giving away ree food for everyone who is wearing a Satellite Duel Disk!

xcross put his fork down and with an intimidated look he looked around to see the people giving them dirty looks.

xcross21: Yeah.. but it also makes us stand out from the rest..

Flodian put his fork down as well and gave xcross a pat on the back.

Flodian:Don't worry about them Cross! I think they're more scared of you than you are of them!

The duel disks handed out to the people who road the boat from Satellite to Neo Domino were different from the ones people already had from Neo Domino City. The difference was that all the Neo Domino residents had either an official Neo Battle City duel disk
    Spoiler:
    or a custom version which varied from duelist to duelist. However the Satellite version was a bulkier version of the official one, and had different colors. In addition to that, they had all been tampered with by Lazar's men to not come off the duelist's arm until they got back to Satellite. Anyone who forcefully removes the duel disk will set off a small bomb within the duel disk (which is why the duel disk is bulkier) which would surely blow off their arm.
    Spoiler:

xcross messed with his duel disk a bit after Flodian's pat on his back confused as to why the duel disk was stuck to his arm.

xcross21: (frustrated) I kind of wish it would come off! It would make it a heck of a lot easier to eat without it
    The Detonator: Why do you want to take it off? The tournament is about to start anyway. I'm sure they're made so you keep them on until you're eliminated or something so people know you're not a part of the tournament anymore.

A boy in his teens got up from his table and walked over to the table Det, and the rest were sitting. He stopped next to it and took off the backpack he was wearing and took out a black duel disk from inside, he dropped his backpack, and placed the duel disk on his right hand. The top blade then moved across from one side to the other to meet the bottom blade to create the full blade for the duelist to place his cards, the disk lit up momentarily, and then turned off.
    Spoiler:
    The boys were all staring at the boys' duel disk as it was obviously custom made. The boy's name was Mercer Bond and he was often referred to as a prodigy by people in the dueling circuit of Neo Domino.
    Spoiler:
    At age 13 he made the transfer from the Ra to Obelisk dorm in Duel Academy, however he was never able to wear the Obelisk Blue uniform because Duel Academy burned to the ground soon after. Duel Academy discontinued its services after that and Mercer decided to duel professionally and has been making a living from it for the past several years. He has never won anything big but he always manages to place top eight in massive tournaments in Neo Domino. He came close to winning a tournament called the 'Deck Them Tournament' but he lost to Janembo, the current world champion, in the final. Mercer turned to the boys on the table with a smirk.
    Mercer Bond:Your low rate duel disk doesn't come off because it is the means by which Neo Domino will keep track of its trash.

Flodian never liked the terms Neo Domino people used for people in the Satellite so when Mercer referred to them as trash a spark lit up inside him. He got up from his table with his fist in front of his face

Flodian: Who are you calling trash you rich snob!?
    Mercer Bond:Heh.. you satellite monkeys sure bark a lot. We'll see how much you guys bark when you're all sent packing by the real duelists of Neo Domino.

Flodian was ready to charge at Mercer, but Det grabbed him by the arm just in time. Flodian was enraged by the comments Mercer made.

Flodian: Lemme at him Det! This guy's got it coming!
    The Detonator: (Annoyed) At this rate you're going to defeat every duelist before the tournament even starts. You know these comments are going to be made all the time so just let them go.
    CatGirl: He's right Flodian. Talk is cheap and things will be different once the tournament starts!

xcross didn't say too much, he was obviously intimidated by Mercer and pretty much everyone from Neo Domino. He felt like the trash everyone said he was every time someone looked at him, and he was worried that it was going to get to him during the tournament. He looked down and tried to ignore the situation. Mercer proceeded to walk away from the table, but before he left he stopped and without turning around addressed the group.

Mercer Bond: It's a shame really.. such a pretty girl with two animals, and a cowardly puppy. I will make sure you guys are on a ship out of the Neo Domino before the day ends.

Mercer walked out of the restaurant, and left the group behind. Flodian calmed down and sat down again. Det knew xcross got intimidated, and gave him a pat on the back.

The Detonator: They're just trying to get inside your head cross. Don't let it bother you.
    xcross21: I know, but sometimes...

before xcross could finish a loud voice came on the speakers of the restaurant, and seemingly everywhere around Neo Domino. The voice in the speakers was that of Lazar's and it seemed he was getting ready to start the tournament.

Lazar on Speaker: Attention duelists! In approximately thirty minutes Director Goodwin will officially address you all to officially start this tournament. Please get your decks, and duel disks ready if you haven't already done so.

The boys walked outside, and in Battle City fashion they saw Lazar's face stamped on every screen across Neo Domino as he made the announcement. When they stepped out he screen went black again. They looked at the building with the biggest screen which happened to be Sector Security. They looked up and the building that towered over the other structures in Neo Domino showing the power that came from within the institution it represented. Xcross stared in awe.

xcross21: I wonder who's looking down from all the way up there...

Up there was obviously Goodwin who had been looking down all along. The door in Goodwin's office opened and in came DJD and OptimusYale followed by Lazar. They were both wearing their hooded capes over their heads concealing their eyes. Goodwin turned to them and examined their outfits, he then turned to Lazar.

Goodwin: You may leave now.

Lazar left the room leaving Goodwin, and Optimus in the room.

Goodwin: Well now, I hear you two have become quite fond of each other.

DJD and Optimus were not sure where Goodwin was getting at and their confusion showed in their face.

Goodwin: Devak told me you two provoked Supreme_King into dueling you DJD.

Optimus became irritated because he knew Devak lied to Goodwin about the situation.

OptimusYale: Hey wait a minute! Supreme was the one putting us down, the guy had it coming!
    Goodwin: It matters not. Where I'm getting at with this is that you are supposed to be a team, and dueling within the team can cause some problems.
    DJD: You're talking about those shadows aren't you?
    Goodwin: I suppose the rest haven't informed you about that.. I guess none of them believed it was true when I first warned them.

Goodwin turned around and once again faced his massive window to overlook his creation--the neo battle city tournament. As he seemingly admired the gathering of duelists he continued.

Goodwin: Now that you're a dark signer you have powers that transcend this realm DJD. I'm sure you felt it when you were dueling Supreme? Your sudden incontrollable anger?

DJD recalled his duel with Supreme and remembered that both he and Supreme were overly angry at each other.

Goodwin: Anger and other negative emotions are the way in which the Earthbound Immortals are connected to you guys and so whenever you guys express these emotions they are amplified. When an Earthbound is given the chance to connect with its human master a bond occurs in which the Earthbound tries to manifest itself in our realm and we must not allow this to happen. You see when an Earthbound successfully manifests itself it connects its realm, known as the shadow realm, to our own.
    DJD:So why are we not supposed to let this happen?
    Goodwin: Earthbounds are always hungry, and unfortunately their hunger is only satisfied by human souls. Whenever this realm and the shadow realm are successfully connected during a duel, the duel will carry higher stakes. The monsters, believe it or not, become real and any damage you take is felt physically. Whoever loses a duel when both realms are connected also loses their soul to the earthbound immortal and with it... their lives.
    DJD:How exactly do you know so much about the subject Goodwin? There's something you're not telling us.
    Goodwin: I am not here to tell you about myself. I'm here to let you know what you need to know, and you are here to help me. Our relationships are strictly business, now if you'll excuse me I must take care of some business.

Goodwin walked passed the two duelists as DJD stared at Goodwin the whole way through. Goodwin walked out of the room with a confident look in his face as if making eye contact with DJD but not doing so at the same time. Goodwin always carried a swagger to him as if he knew nobody could tell him what to do, and often nobody did. Whenever DJD questioned him he usually changed the subject or would simply ignore him as he did just now. The door shut behind Goodwin leaving DJD and Optimus in the room alone, they looked at eachother with the look you give someone when you both are thinking the same thing.

DJD: Something's not right about him..
    OptimusYale: I know what you mean..

Optimus walked toward the window where Goodwin usually stands with a serious look in his face. DJD followed and stood by his side both duelist looking down on Neo Domino City.

OptimusYale: I mean how can he stand looking out this window all day! Something is seriously wrong with that man
    DJD: (Anime sweat drop) Yeah... that's what's wrong..

As they stared down the window every screen visible in Neo Domino turned into an image of Rex Goodwin. It had been thirty minutes and the tournament was about to begin.

Goodwin on Television: Hello, my name is Rex Goodwin, and I am the host of this tournament. You are all here to display your dueling skills against other top duelists from all over the world. Many professional duelists have gathered in this fine city in order to prove they are the best in the world.

As Goodwin spoke people cheered, anxious for the tournament to start.

Goodwin on Television: The tournament will be divided into two rounds: The first round will require each of you to gather ten locator cards in addition to the ones you've already received. Satellite duelists...

Suddenly the thunderous cheering became roaring boos. It was obvious Neo Domino was not okay with Satellite duelists in their tournament and wanted their voices to be heard.

Goodwin on Television: can find their locator cards in the locator cards in the graveyard slot of their duel disks. This slot was locked, but I shall unlock it now.

Down in the city all the duelists who were from the Satellite suddenly had a click in their duel disks and their graveyard card slot slid open revealing two locator cards.

Goodwin on Television: Now everything has been set and the best duelists will come out on top. The first will go on for a maximum of three days, and once eight duelists have gathered ten locator cards the final round will begin. I expect everyone to be kind to our Satellite guests as they are all duelists too... Well now let the tournament begin!

People cheered as the tournament had finally started, and everyone was after the grand prize. People below the Sector Security building were interrupted by a limousine who had stopped in the middle of the road. The windows of the limo were tinted so they were unable to see who was inside. Whispering quickly began and people started wondering if Goodwin was inside or someone with as much money as Goodwin. The engine turned off and from the passenger's seat came out two boys. The first one that came out wasn't anyone the crowd recognized. He was a boy in his late teens wearing a red custom duel disk, and right behind him came out Janembo, the current world champion wearing a custom green duel disk. As soon as Janembo stepped out of the limousine the crowd around them cheered, everyone expected Janembo to take the prize. Janembo rose his hands welcoming the cheering of his fans.

Janembo: Thank you! Thank you!

People began charging towards Janembo with pens and paper. It seemed as if they knew he'd show up and were ready to get an autograph, however the boy that accompanied Janembo was't having it. When a small boy tried to reach for Janembo the other boy shoved him out of the way.

Atem: Back away from the champ!

The boy's name was Atem. He was Janembo's best friend, and often trained with Janembo to perfect his dueling skills. Atem did not participate in tournaments, and never made public appearances with Janembo. Many people speculated that Janembo was too good and someone had to be helping him build his decks, and with the sudden appearance of Atem in Neo Battle City those speculations came rushing to the heads of the crowd around him. People began wondering if Atem was perhaps the master mind behind the success of Janembo.

Janembo: I'm afraid I'm only here for the tournament. I've no time to sign autographs.
    Atem: Let's go get those locator cards as soon as possible so we don't have to deal with these low rate duelists anymore.

Janembo went from celebrity to yet another participant in the tournament in a matter of seconds. Janembo, and Atem faded into the crowd leaving their limousine behind in front of sector securities. Just when people thought all the commotion was over the doors to sector security opened. The doors usually never opened unless there was some sort of police escort outside waiting so this came as a big surprise to the people gathered outside. As the doors opened six hooded people emerged.
    Spoiler:
    The dark signers had finally come out of the sector securities building and they were ready to duel. People gathered outside were a bit intimidated by the dark signers because of their outfits, and because they had come out on the building that runs Neo Domino. Each Dark Signer was wearing a unique duel disk. They were almost completely black and decorated to look like the head of a dragon, and their decks were placed in the mouth of the dragon.
    Spoiler:
    The Dark Signers stared down at the competition as they stared back.
    Devak: It's time to make Goodwin proud.
    Supreme_King: Should we just take them out now? I really want this tournament to end so I don't have to go looking for a certain someone for three days.
    Carly: (Smirk) Or we could just wait until they take each other out, and finish them off right before they get ten locator cards.
    OptimusYale: You know Carly you're so smart! I think I'll hang out with you for the rest of this tournament so I don't get lonely.

Carly gave Optimus the usual look of disgust and then turned back to face the crowd.

Nhant: (Soft spoken voice) We should just take them out quickly..

Socked, everyone turned to Nhant surprised that he had finally spoken after so long.

DJD: Nhant is right, we should take out the big fish first. Me and one of them have a score to settle.
    Devak: (smirk) It seems all of you have someone you're after in t his tournament.

DJD stepped forward and began walking towards the crowd. As he walked Optimus called out to him.

OptimusYale: Wait a minute who are you going after?!

DJD stopped and looked back.

DJD: Janembo.

Chapter 7 end

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:42 pm

Sweet chapter man even though xcross is intimidated those jerks are making me want to knock their teeth out XD and I love how it ended the duel with djd and janebo will be interesting when it happens
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Post by Mercer Bond Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:59 pm

Good Chapter but does my character really have to be a 13 year old jackass XD? I must say though, the duel disk and backstory are quite sexy :3
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:09 am

No offense Mercer but I really want to knock your characters teeth out XD
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:48 am

Mercer Bond wrote:Good Chapter but does my character really have to be a 13 year old jackass XD? I must say though, the duel disk and backstory are quite sexy :3

He's not 13, he made it to obelisk when he turned 13 and DA burned down. It's been a couple of years since DA was burned.
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:49 am

OMG i finally speak. Even though it was only one line, it was EPIC... xD
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:27 am

~Chapter Eight: X Marks the Spot~

Opening
    The tournament had been going on now for several hours and the streets of Neo Domino were filled with duel monsters from one corner to the next in almost every block. Streets had been closed and people had skipped their jobs to witness the massive event. One of the duelists who had been having a lot of success in the short time the tournament had started was Janembo. He had already gathered six locator cards by defeating four duelists and taking one of their locator cards and their rarest card. It seemed as if Janembo was on a roll, and nobody was going to stop him.

Janembo found himself standing tall in front of a kid who was in tears.

Kid: (sad) Please champ, don't take my rarest card! You've no use for it!

Janembo had just defeated him and took the kid's locator card and Heavy Storm. As he stood above him people gathered around were talking of how Janembo defeated the kid in only two turns, and how great Janembo was. Janembo ignored the kid's pleading and turned to Atem.

Janembo: Another heavy storm for my collection and my seventh locator card, it seems like I'll be finishing this tournament faster than I expected.
    Kid: Please champ!
    Atem: Get away kid before I report you to sector securities for attempting to break a tournament rule!

Janembo placed the heavy storm card in his pocket and added his seventh locator card to the graveyard slot in his duel disk. He had a confident look to his face as he smiled. He began walking away from the kid when suddenly there was a loud explosion-like noise. Everyone ducked slight in their positions from the unexpected noise. The sound came from somewhere nearby as Janembo's ears were ringing from how loud the noise was.

Janembo: What the hell was that?
    Atem: Perhaps some sort of terrorist attack? We'd better get out of here..
    Janembo: Agreed.

A crowd began gathering near the place where the explosion had gone off, but Janembo and Atem walked away from the crowd. Among the crowd was Det, Flo, xcross, and Catgirl. xcross being the shortest jumped around trying to see what had happened. The crowd was too large for any of them to see anything, but they could hear gasps of horror from the front of the crowd. Suddenly an ambulance showed up with paramedics rushing out of it as it parked. They made their way through the crowd with a stretcher and the crowd moved out of their way as they made their way back. This time the Det and the rest had a better view of what was going on when suddenly all their faces went pale.

The Detonator: (Shock)It's WilliamBerlin!

CatGirl covered her mouth as she saw William being rolled out on a stretcher. William was a young underground duelist int he Satellite who made the trip on the boat. He was not the best duelist in the world, and like many he hoped this tournament would be his ticket out of the satellite. However he now found himself passed out on a stretcher, his body covered with a white sheet-like cloth covered with crimson stains. It was obvious that William was in critical condition.

CatGirl: My God..
    Flodian: Who would do such a thing?! He's just a kid!
    xcross21: I have a bad feeling guys... we'd better stick together at all times.

The noise had been heard all over the city and it caused some commotion. On the other side of Neo Domino near the park was the rest of the Dark Signers minus DJD. They had all heard the noise as well and were all looking in the direction it had come from.

]OptimusYale: Jeez that was loud, what in the world is going on over there?
    Carly: I doubt it was a duel..

Devak continued walking on because he knew what had happened. William tried to take off his duel disk and set off the bomb within. Devak was the only one of the dark signer's who knew about the explosive device and was told not to tell anyone.

Devak: It's none of our concern. We've wasted enough time, we need to find the signers.

The rest of the Dark Signers followed Devak agreeing with him.

Supreme_King: How exactly are we supposed to know who are signers or not?
    Devak: Just like you, they have a mark somewhere in their body. The mark of the Crimson Dragon.
    OptimusYale: So... you expect us to check everyone's entire bodies? I mean my mark happens to be in my arm, but DJD's was in his chest so how are we supposed to know if the Signer's have their marks in their arms?

Carly looked back at the sector securities building towering over the rest of the buildings in Neo Domino. They were about two miles away from it and yet it was still visible in the skyline. Carly stopped and turned around.

Carly: I'm going to go take care of some business as well. You guys can hang out looking for these signers all day if you want, but I'm growing tired of it.

Carly began walking in the direction she had come from leaving the rest behind; they were looking at her as she walked away. Optimus stepped forward seemingly ready to follow her.

Carly: Don't!

Optimus stopped with a sad look in his face then turned to the rest of the Dark Signers.

Supreme_King: She's right.. we're on a wild goose chase.
    Nhant: (Soft Spoken Voice) We were told we would duel for Goodwin, and that's what we should do...

Nhant separated from the group and began walking off heading west from the direction the rest of the Dark Signers were. Optimus stared at Nhant walking away and put his arms behind his head

OptimusYale: (annoyed) Look who's mister I have to keep saying cool stuff now..
    Devak: Perhaps splitting up is not such a bad idea.
    Supreme_King: Good, now I can get to duel some of these noobs.
    OptimusYale: Wait so who I'm I going to talk to now?!
    Devak: You're not here to talk, you're here to duel.

Devak and Supreme_King began walking off in different directions leaving Optimus in the spot they had first stopped all alone. Optimus looked a bit sad, but then decided to go look for DJD as he was the only person who he could actually talk to. He didn't know where DJD was so he headed off into a random direction hoping he'd find him. Meanwhile the area was clearing off where the explosion had taken place, and xcross was eager to get out of there as soon as possible. The group began walking off when suddenly a familiar voice stopped them in their tracks.

MercerBond: Well well well.. if it isn't the satellite trash and their cowardly puppy!

The group stopped, and xcross stood behind everyone. Flodian being the hot head that he is spoke first.

Flodian: I'm gonna teach you a lesson this time!
    MercerBond: I guess you'll have to do. Although I was hoping to get at the little puppy, I bet he's too scared to even duel at all. I'd finish him off in one turn! OTK all the way!
    The Detonator: Oh please kid, cross would wipe the floor with you.. seriously who do you think you are? Just because you're from here it doesn't mean you're better.
    MercerBond: Is that so? Why doesn't your little chihuahua prove it?
    The Detonator: Alright then, go kick make him eat his words Cross!

Det grabbed xcross from behind him and pushed him forward.

xcross21: But Det!
    The Detonator: No buts, you're gonna kick this guy's butt.
    MercerBond: Come on kid, don't be scared. I won't bite! I'll just take your locator cards!
    xcross21: Cards..?
    MercerBond: If you're going to duel me you'll have to wager both your cards!
    xcross21: No way! If I lose I'll be eliminated!
    CatGirl: That's why you're not going to lose, we believe in you.

xcross stared at CatGirl who was smiling back at him and got a quick flashback of his mom's smile. Xcross got a determined look in his face as he thought about his mom back home, he was going to duel and win this tournament so he could have enough money to bring his mom to Neo Domino with him. Xcross turned to MercerBond, and he was ready to put it all on the line

xcross21: Alright then! You want a duel?! You got yourself one!

MercerBond smiled, and turned his duel disk on. The top blade met the bottom blade and his disk lit up mometarily. Xcross duel disk turned on and slid open it also lit up momentarily.

xcross21: Let's Duel!
    MercerBond: Let's Duel!

xcross21:8000 LP MercerBond:8000 LP

xcross21: Alright let's rock! Draw!I'll start off with 2 cards face down, and a monster face down in defense mode!

Three face down cards appeared before xcross as he ended his turn.

MercerBond: Draw!

Mercer looked at his hand and smiled.

MercerBond: Looks like this is going to be easier than I thought! First I activate the spell Valhalla, Hall of the Fallen!

Pillars began rising from the ground, and at the center of the structure there was a throne made out of stone. Behind it there were scarlet red curtains, and before the throne was some steps covered in a red carpet that matched the color of the curtains. Mercer stood in front of the stairs that led to the throne.
    Spoiler:
    As the throne was getting set people realized a duel was going on and soon a crowd began gathering around xcross and Mercer.

MercerBond: This here is going to be the throne of your demise!
    xcross21: It's pretty, but your fancy throne room won't be a match for me!
    MercerBond: This is much more than a throne room puppy, as long as this spell remains on the field I can special summon one fairy type monster from my hand to the field!
    xcross21: Not good..
    The Detonator: This is going to get ugly..
    MercerBond: Now I special summon Athena! (2800/800)

A fairy with a wand and a shield appeared before Mercer, she was wearing all white and there was a silver glow radiating from her.

MercerBond: I'm not done yet! Since there are no monsters in my graveyard I can special summon Guardian Eatos! (2500/2000)

Another fairy appeared infront of Mercer this one had wings, and a hat in the shape of an eagle, she was wielding a bow and it was aimed at xcross.

xcross21: This will hurt..
    Flodian: Don't let him psyche you out with his girly fairies Cross!!
    MercerBond: Heh.. these fairies are far more powerful than you think! I'll summon Boutiful Artemis now in attack mode! (1600/1700) but I'm not done yet! Since I now have two LIGHT monsters on my side of the field I can special summon my favorite card! Guradian of Order! (2500/1200)

A bright light radiated from the ground and from it emerged a warrior in a white armor with gold trim around it. A bright gold light was radiating from it and xcross knew he was in trouble. Mercer had just summoned four monsters in his first turn and three of them had 2500 attack or more!

MercerBond: Looks like your locator cards are as good as mine! Now my monsters attack!

Artemis attacked xcross' face down card and a monster with three claws was revealed shortly, but soon was shattered.

xcross21: No! My Airbellum!

The other three monsters all attacked xcross at once, Guardian Eatos shot an arrow from her bow and successfully hit xcross, Athena waved her staff and a burst of light struck xcross at the same time GE's arrow struck, and Guardian of Order simply charged xcross and hit him with a right uppercut as soon as the other two attacks landed. The crowd cheered.

xcross21:200 LP MercerBond:8000 LP

xcross dropped to his knees after the three strikes hit, and didn't get up for a while.

MercerBond: I ended my turn kid! or are you giving up to save yourself some dignity?

xcross didn't reply, his spirit had been broken. He had never faced someone with a deck that could swarm so fast, and he knew only a handful of cards in his deck could stand up to those monsters, and they wren't in his hand. Xcross was ready to place his hand above his deck as a sign of surrender when Flodian called out to him

Flodian: Don't you dare quit Cross! You can still win this!

xcross looked over at Flodian with watery eyes

xcross21: How?! There is nothing in my deck that can stand up to his monsters! You guys are always saying we can do these things but we can't!! We are just low life satellite junk scavengers and we need to accept it!

CatGirl walked up to xcross and kneeled in front of him, and to everyone's shock she slapped him across the face.

CatGirl: Don't ever put yourself down again! I won't allow you to! Now get up and show that guy what you can do!

xcross' spirit seemed to have pulled itself together and he once again found the will to duel on. He got up from his knees and stared at Mercer. Mercer was staring back in disgust.

MercerBond: (Annoyed) You guys done?

xcross had his hand in his face, but then placed it on the top of his deck and drew. xcross looked at his card and began thinking.

xcross21: (Thinking)It's a long shot.. but this card should buy me some time.. (Outloud) Alright! I summon Card Trooper! (400/400)

A little red and blue robot appeared in front of xcross, and it seemed more like a toy than a duel monster.

MercerBond: Heh... and here I thought you wanted to keep your dignity.
    xcross21: Don't underestimate my little friend here! He has a special effect! I can send the top three cards from my deck to the grave to have its attack raised by 500 for each one! (1900/400) Now my trooper attack his Atemis!

Cart trooper began steaming up and from its eyes it shot a laser beam which destroyed Mercer's monster on impact.

xcross21:200 LP MercerBond:7700 LP

xcross21: Take that! I set one card face down and end my turn.
    MercerBond: It'll be your last! I draw! Hmm.. nothing.. well I still got my three monsters and they're about to finish you off! Attack!
    xcross21: Not so fast! I activate Threatening Roar!

A huge lion appeared before xcross and let out a thunderous roar which stopped Mercer's monsters in their tracks.

MercerBond: Heh.. it seems you bought yourself a turn, no matter though. You're just delaying the inevitable.

xcross21: Alright my turn! Draw!

xcross looked at his hand and his face did not seem to cheer up, he knew he was in a tight spot and it would take a miracle for him to get out of it.

xcross21: First I'll activate my troopers effect. Then I'll summon X-Saber Raggigura! (200/1000)

A small chameleon with a red cape appeared before xcross and it was wielding two daggers.

xcross21: First I get to use its effect which allows me to get one X-Saber from my grave to my hand, and I pick XX-Saber Fullhelm Knight! Next I'll chain his summon to this! TORRENTIAL TRIBUTE!

Blue explosions began taking over the field destroying every monster in their path. Mercer covered his eyes and could only watch helplessly as his monsters were being destroyed.

CatGirl: Alright cross!
    Flodian: (confused) Why didn't he use that earlier..?
    The Detonator: He probably drew it last turn.
    Flodian: (confused) Then why didn't he use threatening earlier?!

Det stared at Flodian with a confused look; he realized Flodian had a point.

xcross21: Since my trooper was destroyed, I get to draw one card! (Draws) Alright! I activate the spell card Double summon! This card allows me to normal summon an additional time this turn, and I'll summon XX-Saber Fullhelm Knight! (1300/1000)

A small golden haired warrior was summoned on xcross' side of the field, it was wearing a silver armor and a red cape. He was wielding a long sword, and he was staring down Mercer.

xcross21: Now my knight attack his life points directly! LIGHTNING BLADE ATTACK!

fullhelmknight's sword began breaking apart into several chunks, however all of the chunks were connected by a lightning current that ran through his sword which allowed fullhelmknight's long sword to be used as a whip. He charged towards Mercer and whipped him with his lightning blade.

xcross21:200 LP MercerBond:6400 LP

MercerBond: Grr.. you're starting to annoy me.
    xcross21: Annoying people is my specialty! I end my turn!
    MercerBond: My turn! Draw! (draws and looks at card) Looks like it's all over for you kid! Since Valhala is still on my side of the field I can special summon Airknight Parshath! (1900/1400)

A fairy with a blue armor was summoned, it had a halo over its head and white plumage on its armor it was wielding a short sword and a shield.

MercerBond: Now Parshath finish him off!

Parshath charged Fullhelmknight and a big explosion took place created everywhere as soon as the blow was delivered. Mercer laughed hysterically has he had defeated xcross... or so he thought. The smoke was clearing up and xcross and fullhelm knight stood tall with his lifepoints intact.

MercerBond: What the hell!? My attack should have wiped your life points you dirt bag!
    xcross21: First of all I'm not a dirtbag! My name is xcross so start using it! And the reason I'm still standing is because of my knight's special ability! Whenever a monster attacks it I can negate one attack so for now my life points are safe!
    MercerBond: You're starting to become a pest! I'll have to end my turn
    xcross21: Alright my turn! Draw! I summon X-Saber Airbellum! (1600/200)

A humanoid beast with black and gold hair was summoned on xcross' side of the field, the beast had three enormous claws on its hands.

xcross21: Since there are two X-Sabers on my side of the field I can now special summon XX-Saber Faultroll! (2400/1800)

A warrior with a red armor was summoned, and it wielded a giant sword that looked sharp enough to slice through anything.

CatGirl: Way to go!
    Flodian: This jerk is about to get what's coming to him
    The Detonator:Looks like xcross is gonna pull through
    xcross21: This guy has a very special effect, you see once per turn it allows me to special summon one level 4 or lower x-saber from my graveyard, and I choose to summon the card I milled earlier with my trooper X-Saber Urz! (1600/100) He won't be sticking around for long though.. cause I'll use him and airbellum to synchro summon my best card! X-Saber Urbellum! (2200/1300)

X-Saber Airbellum began glowing as he jumped into the air and then disintegrated into three green circles of light that made a patter one after the other, soon after x-saber urz jumped through the three circles and as he made his way past all of them a bright light began radiating from the monster and X-Saber Urbellum emerged. He was a tall monster with a white skull for a head with black horns coming out of it, he wielded two giant swords on its back, it was wearing a black armor and a red raggedy cape
    Spoiler:
    MercerBond: How in the world can a dirtbag like you get his hands on a synchro monster?!
    xcross21: I told you my name was xcross! Faultroll attack his parshath!

Faultrol charged parshath with its giant blade and cut him in half instantly, it then shattered into the graveyard immediatelly.

xcross21: Now fullhelm attack his life points directly!

Fullhelmknight's sword began falling appart again as Fullhelmknight charged and as he made his way to Mercer the blade turned into its whip mode. Fullhelm successfully landed a hit on MercerBond, and Mercer could do nothing about it but hope that he'd draw another athena in his next turn to special summon it with Valhala.

xcross21: Now urbellum attack him!

Urbellum grabbed both swords from his back and drew them displaying the monsters strength as he wielded each of the heavy swords with a single hand. He then charged at Mercer and struck him directly with both swords. Mercer dropped to his knee, but quickly got up.

xcross21:200 LP MercerBond:2400 LP

MercerBond: There's still a lot of fight in me scumbag! There's no way I'm letting you win, my next card will surely be your doom!
    xcross21: Hmm.. maybe, but it's too bad you won't get to draw it. You see my urbellum has a special effect, whenever he inflicts damage to my opponent and my opponent has four or more cards in his hand I can put one of his cards back in the top of his deck!
    MercerBond: What?!
    xcross21: That's right! Whatever you were hoping for ain't coming... dirt bag.

The crowd cheered as MercerBond, a famous duelist was about to go down to a nobody from the Satellite. Det, Flo, and CatGirl all looked on with a proud look in their faces, however, mercer wasn't about to lose he got up and tried to make a run for it, but before he could get any further he was stopped by the crowd.

MercerBond: Let me through! Do you know who I am?! I'm MercerBond!
    xcross21: Are you ashamed that you just lost to a junk scavenger?! If you have no more moves left hand over your locator cards!

The crowd pushed mercer back into the duel, and mercer had no choice but to finish. He put a card back in his deck then drew it again as his turn started, Mercer did not say anything, and he tried to bluff xcross by setting three m/t, but xcross knew if they were anything good he would have set them a long time ago.

xcross21: What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? I assume you're ending your turn? Alright then let me finish this duel! Urbellum finish him!

Urbellum charged at Mercer again, and as he hit him mercer let out a grunt. Behind Mercer his hall of the fallen began falling apart, and with it the rest of Mercer's life points.

xcross21:200 LP MercerBond:0 LP

CatGirl: Alright Cross!
    Flodian: I knew you could do it!
    The Detonator: Told you you'd kick his butt!

xcross walked over to Mercer, who was on his knees his with a broken spirit. His deck had scattered all over the floor in front of him and his locator cards were among his deck. Xcross keeled down and picked up both locator cards bringing his total up to four, he then searched through the scattered cards in Mercer's deck and picked up his Guardian Eatos. He began walking away towards his friends, but made a quick stop to yell out

xcross21: My name is xcross! All you Neo Domino people better remember it!

Xcross began making his way back to his friends as the crowd cheered for their new Satellite hero. Among the crowd was Janembo who had been looking on since MercerBond was one of his former opponents, and thought he'd win.

Janembo: Those satellite monkeys sure have no manners... at least the kid's good. It should make for an interesting turn of events if a satellite monkey makes it to the final.

Xcross joined his friends and they all had smiles in their faces. The crowd began to scatter as Janembo stood with Atem staring at xcross and his friends with a look of disgust in their faces. As the crowd scattered Atem noticed a hooded figure standing still a few feet away from xcross and his friends, and it seemed to be staring at them .

Atem: Hmm.. a hooded man, I wonder if he's one of those people that supposedly emerged from the sector security building.
    Janembo: Hmm.. perhaps who cares though. I've had enough entertainment, it's time for me to get the three locator cards I need to advance.

Janembo, and Atem began walking away, but a scream from a familiar voice halted them. The hooded figure was DJD, and he was out for blood.

DJD: Janembo!

Janembo's face turned pale, he turned around and saw DJD walking towards him. Atem's face also turned pale, he looked at Janembo with a terrified look to his face. They had heard DJD died, and it was as if they had seen a ghost. They began stepping away from DJD as he got closer. However, DJD snapped his fingers and out of nowhere two police officers grabbed Janembo and Atem.

Janembo: What is the meaning of this?!
    Atem: Do you know who you are grabbing?! That is the duel monsters world champion! Release us at once!
    OfficerSorry, but that man over there outranks us.

They were of course referring to DJD who continued to walk towards Janembo. Det, and the rest looked on confused as to what was going on. They did not recognize DJD since he was wearing his hood. As DJD got closer his duel disk activated. The dragon head opened and revealed his deck, then blade then expanded and lit up momentarily. He finally made his way to Janembo, and took off his hood revealing his face. Flodian, Det, and CatGirl were shocked to see DJD as they heard he had disappeared in a hospital in the Satellite.

DJD: Seems you've done good for yourself Janembo.. world champion, fame, money... unfortunately it seems I've outdone you when it comes to power! Release them!

DJD snapped his fingers and the officers released Janembo and Atem, but stayed close enough to make sure they wouldn't run away. Janembo was nervous, and still pale.

Janembo: DJD... I thought you were...
    DJD: Dead?! You're partly right...

Janembo looked even more confused, he was terrified by the color DJD's eyes had taken, he really wondered if DJD was telling the truth by saying he was dead. A small crowd had gathered with all the commotion among them Det, Flo, CatGirl, and xcross. They were all confused as to why Janembo, the arrogant world champion, was so scared of DJD.

DJD: Unfortunately for you Janembo.. I've come back from the dead.. just to get my revenge on you.

Chapter 8 End.

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:09 am; edited 1 time in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:09 am

Ok now that rocked my character showed Mercer what it's like to be a real duelist!no offense mercer XD and the way you ended it with djd getting the security to keep janembo and atem from leaving and then seemed all creepy with the ive come back from the dead...just to get my revenge on you XD chapter 9 will be epic!
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:19 am

Atem's such a jerk. Please tell me he's being controlled by someone. Razz
    Haha, great chapters, we'll be eagerly waiting for the next one. And way to go, cross.
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Post by CatGirl Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:07 pm

@ xcross: I've told you you'll win. Very Happy See? ^^ That was a rip-roaring duel in there. lol!

I'll say the "DJD threat" had me lean closer to my laptop screen to see what's next! (Drum roll) "Prepare to meet your doom!" O_o"

Enjoyed reading it while I drank my morning coffee. study Awesome piece of work DJD. Eager for more. ^^

~ cat
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:51 am

Yeah it was a rip roaring duel but did ya really have to slap me thats gonna leave a mark XD
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:12 am

Nice chapter DJD and an awesome duel you wrote there for Xcross!
    My character is starting to slowly resemble Sasuke for some reason.
    Maybe it's the "saying one cool line, then walking away" thing..
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Post by Mercer Bond Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:16 pm

Atem wrote:Atem's such a jerk. Please tell me he's being controlled by someone. Razz
    Haha, great chapters, we'll be eagerly waiting for the next one. And way to go, cross.

I know how you feel... XDD
    Good Chapter, that was a good duel, and I was pretty close! Well let's see how it all goes down from here :3
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Post by CatGirl Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:15 am

xcross21 wrote:Yeah it was a rip roaring duel but did ya really have to slap me thats gonna leave a mark XD

Eh.. Sorry 'bout that cross. XD

~ cat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:26 pm