Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

More Blackwings to come?

DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

More Blackwings to come?

Post by DanceJonDance on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:16 am

I was watching the episode where crow summons Black-Winged dragon and he used some random Blackwings O.o I saw him use the bws that are coming out in this upcoming pack in may so does that mean some of these cards are coming out as well? x]

Blackwing - Kochi the Daybreak
    Level: Level 4
    Tuner/Effect
    ATK/DEF: 700/1500
    This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster in the turn it is Summoned.

Blackwing - Etesian the second sword
    Types: Winged Beast/Effect
    Level: Level 3
    ATK/DEF: 400/1600

When a "Blackwing" monster you control attacks an opponent's monster, and that monster is not destroyed by battle, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the ATK of the "Blackwing" monster that attacked.

Blackwing - Jet the Blue Sky
    Level: Level 1
    ATK/DEF: 0/800

When a face-up "Blackwing" monster you control would be destroyed by battle, you can discard this card instead.

Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
    Level: Level 4
    ATK/DEF: 1600/1000
    Card Effect Type(s): Trigger/Ignition

English:
    You can return 1 card you control to the hand and take 400 damage to Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If this card was Summoned this way, destroy it when a card is Set on the field.

Out of all these blackwings Zephyros shows the most promise. With the swarming abilities of blackwings it should be easy to return a bora, special summon zephyros special summon your bora again sac zephyros for sirocco and gain a 3700 atk piercing beat stick.

There are tons of ways you can abuse this with blackwings. Another combo I thought about would be using ultimate offering. You summon blizzard get back something like bora, activate zephyros pay 400 then bounce your blizzard, then pay 500 to summon another blizzard again bring back another bora or shura. Pay another 500 and summon sirocco and you can have an 8300 atk beat stick for an OTK x]
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Re: More Blackwings to come?

Post by CaptainChrno on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:46 am

If Zephyros will be released, Konami yet again adds more broken card to the Blackwing >.> It should have been removed from game when it's removed from the field when it's special summoned by its effect, like Plaguespreader Razz
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:50 am

plaguespreader is a tuner though which imo is way more broken than Zephyros and you can summon it by returning a card from your hand to the deck which allows you to sac plague for caius or something. Zephyros is just gonna be like a bad malicious.
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay on Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:56 am

,You can just set a spell card and summon Zephyros? :O

A nice combo with zero x))
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno on Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:48 pm

What makes me saying that Zephyros is broken is because it's splashable to many decks Razz It's very easy to summon too, just as KK said, just set a spell and return it to hand >.> (400 damage can be ignored Razz ) Tributers and Synchros definitely benefit from this card...

And also,
    Mass Driver + Zephyros + any spell or trap = OTK
    xD
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:43 pm

Also the combo Crow did in the anime with Zephyros

BW Dragon + Zephyros + Spell/Trap = OTK it seems very easy O_o

also i think there is a trap that when you return it to your hand it does something but i do not remember something else
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:58 pm

Zephyros isnt only for OTK O_o we can use it simple as a synchro metarial in synchro beatdown decks ^^

BWz are meta really !!!
    overd0se.KayKay

Post by overd0se.KayKay on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:00 pm

CaptainChrno wrote:What makes me saying that Zephyros is broken is because it's splashable to many decks Razz It's very easy to summon too, just as KK said, just set a spell and return it to hand >.> (400 damage can be ignored Razz ) Tributers and Synchros definitely benefit from this card...

And also,
    Mass Driver + Zephyros + any spell or trap = OTK
    xD

OTk if you have more LPs Razz

I think bw dragon is good in this combo ^^
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:30 pm

How about Cannon Soldier then? At least it has more damage xD
    overd0se.KayKay

Post by overd0se.KayKay on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:35 pm

why not x)).

Well this is just anime at the moment. maybe there will be a 'once per turn'
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:10 pm

I think he is better than malicious.He is a malicious you can summon (almost) whenever you want,, not just once
    Janembo

Male Posts : 294
    Speed Credits : 2900

Post by Janembo on Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Zepro is nice...When is Konami going to add cards to some forgotten arch types like batteries or vennom?...
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:20 pm

what are you guys talking about? O_o you can't special summon it by setting a card lol. You special summon it by returning a card on your side of the field you control and paying 400 LP, and if you special summon it like that THEN if a card is set it gets sent back to the grave.

It would be an easy OTK with Black-winged dragon xD just set a spell bounce it back to special summon and place a counter on the dragon, then set the spell again to kill zephy, then keep bouncing it back xD way broken. It'll probably get re-worded later to something less overpowered. Like blackwing's treasure used to be literally a Destiny Draw for Blackwings and now it got changed to some mediocre allure of darkness.
    Lunchbox

Male Posts : 220
    Speed Credits : 2096

Post by Lunchbox on Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:31 pm

Nice I can't wait for Zephyros Smile)

- Lunchbox
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess on Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:19 pm

@DJD

I was wondering when someone would explain the effect to the non readers >>"

Setting a card destroys the monster, it doesn't special summon it x]

Although it is a pretty broken card in a dedicated swarm BW deck. Kinda reminds me of Swap Frog for some odd reason, must be for the recycling to hand advantage effect.
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:54 am

Well, you can always do this:
    1. Summon Cannon Soldier
    2. Set X card (random S/T)
    3. SS Zephryos by returning X
    4. Tribute Zephyros for Cannon Soldier effect
    5. Repeat Step 2-4 until your opponent says "Stop pwning me, dude!"

This card reminds me of Mist Valley Falcon
    "This card cannot declare an attack unless you return 1 card you control to its owner's hand."
    And in the tips in wikia,
    It says one card and not what type of card. So you can just set a spell or trap card to activated this card's effect. And after the battle phase you can just set it again.

So yeah, the above combo could work^^
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess on Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:36 am

Hopefully this will not happen once the translation is complete :/

Otherwise this card wil run wild
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:06 am

Well it seems most of the new cards from TSDH have been translated to english and have confirmed rarities and to no surprise

Black Feather Treasure (Rare in OCG)
    is
    Cards for Black Feathers (Ultra/Ultimate rare in TCG)

Black Feather - Ghibli the Hot Wind (Common in OCG)
    is
    Blackwing - Ghibli the Hot Wind (Rare in TCG)

Black Feather - Gust the Adverse (Common in OCG)
    is
    Blackwing - Gust the Backblast (Rare in TCG)

Black Feather- Breeze the Zephyr (Super in OCG)
    is
    Blackwing - Breeze the Zephyr (Ultra/Ultimate in TCG)

Notice how the rarities change from the OCG to the TCG dramatically.
    Now why would Konami do this? Maybe the TCG players are way more obessed with blackwings than OCG players? I doubt it since BF keeps winning crap in Japan. So why would Konami make such crappy cards into foil cards and good cards like Bora, and Sirocoo commons xD

I personally am excited for these new cards to be released as foils because all the stupid people at my locals will try to get them and build their Blackwing decks with them and I'll be like HA sucker! That's exactly what Konami wanted you to do and now your BW deck sucks Razz anyway why do you guys think Konami changed the rarities?
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale on Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:56 am

They change the rarities to fill in space. Remember OCG sets are 30 cards ( I think) and crappy cards then get the rarity they deserve. TCG sets are 100+ so they just make cards rare to fill in the numbers. remember OCG you get 3 cards a pack, TCG you get 9 is it?
    overd0se.KayKay

Post by overd0se.KayKay on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:01 pm

DanceJonDance wrote:
    Black Feather Treasure (Rare in OCG)
    is
    Cards for Black Feathers (Ultra/Ultimate rare in TCG)

lol instead of blackwing x)
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance on Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:05 pm

OCG cards are 80 and 5 per pack and TCG are 100 and 9 per pack.

The reason we get 20 more cards is because in each release we get 10 previously OCG exclusive cards and 10 world premiere TCG exclusive cards which happen to be commons most of the time and not very good so I doubt the reason they make cards for a popular deck like bws into higher rarities in the TCG has to do with that. I'm pretty sure it has to do with the fact that most Americans are dumb consumers who will buy whatever they are told they should buy and Konami exploits that xD
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno on Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:10 pm

Cards for Black Feathers

Am I the only one who thinks the name is lame? >.>
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:19 am

@Chrno
    Of course not. That name is horrible -.- it should be like Feather Draw or something Very Happy

Anyway I thought I'd share these new bw cards with you guys to get your thoughts on them?

Blackwing - Etesian the Second Sword
    Level 3
    400ATK/1600DEF
    Winged-Beast/Effect
    When a "Blackwing" monster you control attacks an opponent's monster, and that monster is not destroyed by battle, you can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to inflict 1000 damage to your opponent.

Blackwing - Aurora of the Northern Lights

Level 10
    0ATK/0DEF
    Winged-Beast/Effect
    This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by removing from play 1 face-up "Blackwing" Tuner monster and 1 face-up non-Tuner monster you control. Once per turn, you can remove 1 "Blackwing" Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck to activate this card's effect. Until the End Phase, this card's name is treated as that monster's name, its ATK becomes equal to that monster's ATK, and it gains the same effects as that monster while face-up on the field.

Blackwing - Abroholos of the Megaquake
    Level 7
    2600ATK/1800DEF
    Winged-Beast/Effect
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can have this card lose 1000 ATK until the End Phase to return all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls to the hand. A monster that battles with this card is not destroyed by battle, and is returned to its owner's hand after damage calculation.

Blackwing - Mine
    Normal Trap
    If this Set card is destroyed by an opponent's card effect while you control a "Blackwing" monster, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent. Then, draw 1 card.

Black Back
    Normal Trap
    You can only activate this card during your turn. You can Special Summon 1 "Blackwing" monster with 2000 or less ATK from your Graveyard. If you activate this card, you cannot Normal Summon other monsters this turn.

My thoughts:
    Esteian sounds like a lame version of Kalut -_-

Aurora is definitely interesting, but definitely not useful. It's 0 attack make it really vulnerable against pretty much anything once your turn is over and I mean wouldn't it be better to just synchro summon if you're gonna have the tuning material on the field anyway? This card's pro is that it works with any non tuner so you can remove kalut and blizzard for Silverwind and hit your opponent for 2800. It's definitely one of those cards used to OTK or deal big damage in one turn, but the fact that it has 0 attack is a really big downfall. I guess it can be a good addition if you can protect it since it would allow you to sort of synchro summon without tuners twice in a row.. if the card sticks around long enough |:

Abroholos is also interesting o_o. It's actually not a bad card, but I don't think I'd run it because you can't special summon it. He's kind of like a synchro monster since you have to sacrifice two monsters to get it out, but unlike synchros normal summoning will diminish your hand advantage. I like its Hidden Myst Valley Soldier-like effect, it should get rid of annoying synchros and with 2600 attack he's more than capable of getting the job done. I think it'd be better if he was like armor master and could not be destroyed by battle xD but I guess konami is trying to keep blackwings as less overpowered as possible.

The traps are crap really.. you could use an actually useful trap instead of mine and the other one is better replaced with Call of the Haunted.

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 am

well they pretty much suck nuts imo, I don't think any of them will be hitting bw decks anytime soon!
    Sam

Male Posts : 106
    Speed Credits : 2220

Post by Sam on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:51 am

All of them sucks imo, Except Black back and btw you copied mine effect twice >:O
    During the end phase of your opponent turn use it, get almost any bw monster you want .. Thats the only card i like >:O

EDIT: oh crap, you can only activate it during your turn >:O. Well Coth is better now lol, Blackwings needs normal summon for Bww and to gain hand advantage So idk , they suck -_- Konami gone nutz o.o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:19 pm