Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+31
KingMP94
Aludra
Dark Smash
fouzman
Gino
comanda
Fish
Mushi - The Rebel
vem123
slonaka
Cheesedoggy
kyosuke kiryu
Giapostolo
Mac852
Domonkasho71
CaptainChrno
Tyann
HyawehHoshikawa
Sil
Yusei Fudo.
Crescent
Myst
The Detonator
Colton
overd0se.KayKay
The New Pharaoh
firefsp
ALucard
OptimusYale
Nhant
DanceJonDance
35 posters

TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament.

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament. - Page 5 Empty TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament.

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Hello kiddies!

I don't know how many of you are active in KCTAU, but for those who aren't and aren't sure what it is let me give you a brief history lesson. KCTAU is a place for dueling teams and academies to gather, exchange ideas, host wars or tournaments and they keep an official track of an academy/team's progress in said events.

With that out of the way I wanna talk about an academic event I've made possible with the help of Vem123, Kuroro Lucifer, King Kaiba, and Firestorm.

Do you guys remember the TDA World Cup? The one we're actually in the middle of running right now? If you are unfamiliar with it here are the rules:

Spoiler:

So where am I getting at with this? Simple. With my help, this tournament has been adopted by KCTAU to be used as a legit World Cup Tournament, but for academies, and as the creators TDA will have the honor of hosting the first tournament here in TDA. You guys might be a bit confused so allow me to explain.

::How the KCTAU World Cup works::

There are currently three academies participating in this event: TDA, SDA, and YKJ. An additional academy may be added later though.

Each academy will send a specific amount of members (depending on their qualifier rounds) to register here at TDA where they will compete in a tournament like the world cup tourney we are currently hosting. Each member will represent their academy as well as a country of their chosing, and will duel to bring the title back home, but of course we won't allow them to do so without a fight! The tournament will be hosted every season (summer, fall, winter, and spring) and each season the tournament will be hosted in a different academy and next season TDA memebers will have to go to another academy and try to win the title and bring it back to TDA.

We will be hosting the first one so we must make sure to treat the representiatives from other academies with repsect when they come here to compete for their country/academy.

::How to qualify::
    I will host a 32-man tournament and sign ups will work on a first come first served basis, except for the top seven who are in the current world cup (i am excluding flodian since he will be gone soon). The only way these people will not participate in this tournament is if they choose not to. Depending on how the qualifier tournaments go in SDA nad YKJ we will determine how many people will qualify for the world cup tournament since only 32 spots are available. We think that it will be between eight or twelve people per academy meaning the top eight in the 32 man tournament will automatically qualify for the world cup.

The tournament will be first come first served as mentioned earlier, BUT if we get 64 sign ups we will do a 64 man tournament.

::FAQ::
    If you have any questions about this event this is the threat to post your questions in. Otherwise follow the sign up rules.
    Nhant wrote:Wooohh So what academies are gonna be in it for sure?
    Code:
     For now TDA, SDA, and YKJ. However SDAV2 is looking to participate as well
    firefsp wrote:is 1 people 1 country or ..
    Code:
    There can be more than one representative per country

THIS IS A MUST READ! I CAN'T STRESS THIS ENOUGH! YOU GUYS ARE SIGNING UP BUT YOU AREN'T READING THE RULES SO YOU GUYS AREN'T GETTING ACCEPTED. DON'T COME WHINING LATER IF YOU DID NOT GET ACCEPTED
    ::Sign up rules::
    - When you sign up you must specify which country you will represent
    - You must have at least 20 posts to sign up, otherwise don't bother.
    - Upon signing up you MUST repeat MUST join the following network: TDA Qualifier//no password
    - When you sign up you are commiting yourself to participating in this tournament so please make sure to have time to complete matches. If you think you won't have time please don't sign up.

::Matches::

Round 1:
    Nhant vs The Detonator
    HyawehHoshikawa vs. Crescent
    Mac852 vs. GotchicMess
    Domonkasho71 vs. DJD
    CaptainChrno vs Colton
    Yusei Fudo vs. Alucard
    Kalin Kessler vs Myst
    Kyosuke Kiryu vs OptimusYale
    Efane vs. Cheesedoggy
    Comanda vs. Giapostolo
    Overd0ze.KayKay vs Sil
    Firefps vs. KingMP94

Round 2:
    The Detonator vs. Crescennt
    Mac852 vs DJD
    Colton vs. Alucard
    Mushi vs. OptimusYale
    Efane vs. Giapostolo
    Overd0ze.KayKay vs. Gino
    KingMP94 vs. Coolnerdbird
    Tyann vs. Myst

::Current Qualifiers::
    The Detonator
    DanceJonDance
    Giapostolo
    KingMP94
    Myst

::Rewards::

The following will be awarded to TDA Members based on their performances:

Qualifying for the World Cup: 500 Speed Credits

Earn a win in a group match: 200 Speed Credits

Earn a tie in a group match: 100 Speed Credits

End group stage with the most points in corresponding group: 500 Speed Credits & 1 Shadow Point

End group stage with the second most points in corresponding group: 1 Shadow Point

Make the Quarter-Finals: 500 Speed Credits

Make the Semi-Finals: 750 Speed Credits

Make the Final: 1000 Speed Credits

Win Third Place: 1000 Speed Credits

Win The Tournament: 1000 Speed Credits, 2 Shadow Points, A KCTAU World Cup Summer '10 Champion userbar, A custom banner rank, and an induction into TDA's hall of fame.

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Jul 31, 2010 1:35 am; edited 21 times in total
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament. - Page 5 Empty Re: TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament.

Post by Tyann Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:37 am

yeah.. confirmed....
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament. - Page 5 Empty Re: TDA's WC Qualifier Tournament.

Post by DanceJonDance Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:07 am

Congrats myst you're our first TDA world cup qualifier.
    Myst
    Myst

Male Posts : 148
    Speed Credits : 514

Post by Myst Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:54 am

Well Thx!! Hope i keep up like this for the name of the academy ;P(and mine tbh)
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:05 am

beat mac 2-0

current tda qualifiers
    Myst [Greece]
    DJD [Spain]
    Mac852
    Mac852

Male Posts : 33
    Speed Credits : 277

Post by Mac852 Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:06 am

confirmed
    Giapostolo
    Giapostolo

Male Posts : 39
    Speed Credits : 629

Post by Giapostolo Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:30 pm

its "Crescent" XD
    Anwz
    beated efane 2-1 GGs!
    KingMP94
    KingMP94

Male Posts : 108
    Speed Credits : 4433

Post by KingMP94 Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:58 pm

No sign of coolnerdbird :/
    Efane
    Efane

Male Posts : 82
    Speed Credits : 422

Post by Efane Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

he beat me, both times drew the only d fissure in deck -_-
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Male Posts : 101
    Speed Credits : 290

Post by Kalin Kessler Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:19 pm

Jon Me and Myst never dueled cuz we prolly in diff time zones. soz we;re gonna have r duel nao. >=O ill edit and post results later. okay i asked myst to duel but he said no. jon this isnt fair. myst was the 1 inactive >=3 we should have our duel right now and settle it
    coolnerdbird
    coolnerdbird

Male Posts : 95
    Speed Credits : 1636

Post by coolnerdbird Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:55 pm

KingMP94 wrote:No sign of coolnerdbird :/

Im on almost everyday O.o'
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Post by Kalin Kessler Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:47 pm

Myst wrote:Well Thx!! Hope i keep up like this for the name of the academy ;P(and mine tbh)

you didnt even duel me coward. you were inactive and when i asked you to duel, you declined
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:07 am

Kalin Kessler wrote:
    Myst wrote:Well Thx!! Hope i keep up like this for the name of the academy ;P(and mine tbh)

you didnt even duel me coward. you were inactive and when i asked you to duel, you declined

No reason to call people cowards. Even if people are inactive or decline to duel you have no reason to flame on them at all especially since you're now a staff member. Don't let this happen again.
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Post by Kalin Kessler Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:14 pm

okay >_>" he should be dq'ed for intentionally trying to win by default tho...tht would be cheating... <--- thts not flaming...
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:47 pm

deadline for this is in three days.
    Myst
    Myst

Post by Myst Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 pm

Well DJD isn't there any stat checker for who was inactive or not coz i don't care about the coward thing but to say i try to win by default meh... The duel will be done in this 3 days but if i can't find him coz he is gonna be inactive again and he starts again saying lies then.. i prefer to quit..
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Hmmsnce 2day my Hamachi doesnt work anymore :/

I PM Gino
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Post by Kalin Kessler Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:13 pm

dude im on every day...djd knows tht...i bug him daily lol. and to reach my my ham info is on the side bar

<----------------------------------
    KingMP94
    KingMP94

Male Posts : 108
    Speed Credits : 4433

Post by KingMP94 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:24 pm

2-0 against coolnerdbird. GGs mate Wink

3 Greek qualifiers o.O
    coolnerdbird
    coolnerdbird

Male Posts : 95
    Speed Credits : 1636

Post by coolnerdbird Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 pm

confirm xP
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Just to inform you guys. There have been 20 qualifiers from all academies till now and 9/20 are greeks.

Greeks are DOMINATING!!! xD
    Myst
    Myst

Post by Myst Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 am

Well remove one xD. I had the match duel with Kalin and i lost 2-1 xD. The duels were pretty nice: in first ma hand didnt help me and JD found the inappropriate hour to visit me 2 times, in second i did a good combo and won him and the third brought the epic FTK from Jinzos and Limiter Removal. Thats all.

Ngs Kalin hope u keep it up xD
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Post by Kalin Kessler Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:04 am

Thanks Myst. Hey Bro, I'm sorry about calling you a coward and I hope you accept this apology. I appreciate you understanding and giving me this chance. I promise I will do my best and get a high spot in this tournament.
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:09 am

@ Kalin and Myst
    One more and you both get a warning. Kalin I already talked to you. Don't make me regret me adding you to the staff. If there is a problem take it to an admin/mod or take it to hamachi or private messages.
    Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Post by Kalin Kessler Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:11 am

Got it Jon. Won't happen again. I promise <3. Btw, due to different time zones, and the deadline being tomorrow, would it be alright if you prolong the tournament 1 more day for me and Tyann? The tourny can resume as soon as we are done <3
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:40 am

i win 2-0 against crescent. gg Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm