Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+25
j0hnb0i
Fallen King
Fatal
KingMP94
SabreW
IversonSt3
Efane
Ray1500
Blaze
The Detonator
OptimusYale
Shock
TinoTheSinner
Giapostolo
Pharmacist
Kalin Kessler
Scorpion67
ALucard
Yuri Bakura
overd0se.KayKay
svstar34
TheRuler
vem123
Vongola-x
DanceJonDance
29 posters

KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010 - Page 7 Empty KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:56 am

First topic message reminder :

::First Stage Rules::
    - Four player will be randomly assigned to a group (total of eight groups) and each member of a group will have to face each other (total of three matches per member)
    - Getting a win will earn you three points, a draw will get both players 1 point, and a loss will earn no points.
    - At the end of all the matches the two players with most points out of each group will advance to stage two. In the event of a tie for points we will look at duels for and duels against (much like the GF and GA system)
    - But wait it's impossible to get a draw in yugioh right? Wrong. This tournament will be special because every matches won't be best two out of three.
    - Matches in this tournament will consist of four duels each, and the only way to win is to win 3 or 4 duels (3-1, 4-0) meaning that you can still get a 2-2 outcome which will result as a draw.
    - You cannot stop dueling once you get three wins like you'd do in a regular two out of three match. You must duel your opponents four times in order to complete the match.

::Second Stage Rules::
    - Second stage will be a traditional sixteen player knock off tournament.
    - In this stage we will revert to the traditional two out of three match system and the best duelist will win.

::Hamachi Network::
    - Each one of the participants from every academy is Required to join the following hamachi network:
    KCTAU World Cup (no password)
    - Failure to join this network will result in you becoming responsible for contacting your opponents, and if you cannot the people who are in the network will be given priority when it comes to a disqualification.
    - The network will be a premium network and will be open for approximately 24hrs. It is the responsibility of academy leaders to get their representatives to join.

KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010 - Page 7 11ieafs

Round of 16 deadline is 4 days. Sept 3, 2010. Also, OTK decks are banned this round.

::Knock Off Round::

Round of 16:
    - DGA's Vongola-X vs. TDA's DanceJonDance
    - DGA's Fallen King vs. DGA's Scorpion67
    - DGA's J0hnBoi vs. TDA's Overd0ze.KayKay
    - SDA's IversonST3 vs. TDA's Alucard
    - TDA's Efane vs. SDA's Blaze
    - TDA's KingMP94 vs. TDA's Giapostolo
    - DGA's Shock vs. SDA's Pharmacist
    - SDA's Vem123 vs. TDA's OptimusYale

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:52 am; edited 5 times in total
    Blaze
    Blaze

Male Posts : 31
    Speed Credits : 0

KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010 - Page 7 Empty Re: KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010

Post by Blaze Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:19 am

ok then!let's do it!finals sda vs dga,me vs vongola!good luck to both of us and let's have a good final!btw i would like to record but i can't if vongola can and wants to do it it would be excellent
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Male Posts : 130
    Speed Credits : 1508

KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010 - Page 7 Empty Re: KCTAU World Cup Tournament Summer 2010

Post by Vongola-x Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:07 pm

2-1 for me. Bit unfair win cuz his kc broke down :/

Well, seems DGA managed to win it somehow. Very GG's with Blaze, 1 of the hardest opp's to duel against.
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm

congratulations to dga!well done vongola!it was 1-1 we both had excellent hands and my kc lagged.that's a thing that made me crazy,i came all the way to final beating tough opponents and did so many things and losing final to a lag just kills,so i will probably stop online gaming,i am tired of noobs of online of it's lags and everything.good continue to all of you
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:13 pm

Blaze explained me the situation. There was not a clear winner, and it's a pity for Blaze. He's the only one who didn't even lose one match. He never proceeded by dq while you won by default top 8 and top 4. You could at least reduel. Not what i was waiting from DGA. I am really dissapointed. In my ears this sound like cheating. I was 100% sure you would say ''reduel'' But you picked that blaze loses coz his kc crushed...just to win a tournament. I am sure Blaze would reduel if he was in your position. I know you well, i never expected you would do something like that.
    anyway grats on winning
    P.S if you think it's unfair, go and reduel..
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:26 pm

vem stop it.i lagged and it was vongola's dicision,he chose to win,i don't have something personal with vongola,i don't need any reduel or anything.dga wins and all ends here.it's all finished.congratulations again to dga!
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Blaze I didn't say to him to reduel, i told him that he had to reduel. I was sure you weren't gonna accept the reduel like you did vs MUFC. We know how to lose, winning a game is not important and some people forget that everything is done to have some fun. Of course i am angry, of course i am surprised by Vongola's and ''DGA's'' -as he said- decision. The fact that we accept an unfair defeat, makes me happy seeing how other people do everything for winning a tournament.
    I just wanted to say something to Vongola, and i didn't want to say it to him private. I want to explain the situation and how SDA members feel right now and try to tell every participant in this tournament that winning isn't that important. There are more important things.. Like you said yourself vongo - ''SDA hates me now T.T''- . Yeah it's true, i have angry comments from many members of SDA about the way you guys acted. You may lose some friends just to get a win on a game. I am really sorry for you right now.
    I am also sure you aren't enjoying your win in the WC like you would do after an exciting duel vs Blaze.
    Anyway, congrats again to DGA for ''winning'' this tournament.

I also want to say to Blaze, that i understand his decisions and for me he is the best player on this tournament that played more fair than everyone else and managed to get to the final by beating everyone on his way. I am sure every else SDA member feels the same.

Seems like the World Cup is over, i don't know if there will be a next one and which academies will participate. But since DGA ''won'' i suggest that they will host it.
    At least SDA took the 2nd place, while the favorite for this tournament ended up 3rd. It's really nice that we proved everything can happen in a game and there is no real favorites for it until it ends.
    IversonSt3
    IversonSt3

Male Posts : 291
    Speed Credits : 1646

Post by IversonSt3 Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:46 pm

This is just "l-o-l". As you said vem it's just a game, so relax! Vongola took the desicion I would take and I am telling this cause its true and everyone would do it. Imagine that you are in a show that you can take for example 50.000$ or continue to take 100.000$! I am pretty sure that you would risk to take the 100.000$ (reduel) and you would take the 50.000$ (win without being very happy). I don't know what was the "fair one", but I am 90% sure that you wouldn't reduel as vongola and surely you haven't got to get angry with Vongola ~ DGA. Wink After all..

It's just a freaking Children Cards Game!

Edit: I forgot to congratz vongola! Rolling Eyes

Congratulations!! Very Happy Wink Smile xD
    ALucard
    ALucard

Male Posts : 133
    Speed Credits : 11

Post by ALucard Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:59 pm

I want to apologize to all TDA members because I had to quit playing YGO at that moment Sad . I really couldn't do much about it, but a tournament is a tournament and must continue no matter what Wink
    Gratz to DGA... but there should've been another result...
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:22 pm

@Ive it seems you don't understand anything Sad
    I am just dissapointed with what vongola did. That's all
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:27 am

first of all ive it happened in the first turn.vongola played,i played and then lagged,we told each other the hands we had and we both had good hands and noone would have clear advantage.if he had advantage or anything i would tell him to take it without even thinkingg of it,but it was first turn. it was final you can't just end a final like this.i got some of the most difficult matches,i never won by coins and i tried a lot to get there and i lost to so cheap things.that's very annoying ive and you would have understood that,if that happened to you.i wouldn't have a prob if it was in the middle of the duel and he had the advantage i would say it's fair.but we just started the duel.that's the prob.i say again i am not mad with vongola coz he told me it was the whole dga's decision.something last.i don't know if you believe me or not,but i would give vongola a second chance if that would happen to him,i don't care whether you believe me or not,but i have prooved that i don't care so much about the win and i don't want anyone to pitty me,i just want to play fairly.don't know what's sda's position about this,i am talking personal for my self.there isn't any meaning on this.i don't have something personal with vongola but with dga if they want to take cups like this congratulations and as they say we are like bro academies,a bro never does so cheap things like this.that's all.it finished with vongola and dga as winner.plz don't post anything else,all ended here.i don't wanna continue arguing about this,i just wanted to make clear some things and express my personal opinion abou this.

Blaze.
    Sil
    Sil

Male Posts : 93
    Speed Credits : 452

Post by Sil Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:50 am

im wondering why vongola should be the one that decides on the victory. thats new to me. if a duel freezes in the first turn especially then just reduel... and if the game freezes in the mid and the opp doesnt want to reduel you ask the hoster of the tourny if he ends the duel otherwise you reduel. easy or? i never heard of any rule that the opponent gets to choose Wink and never forget this is just a game, so play fair.
    We dont play for money or sth like that, so i cant understand why one wouldnt reduel if the one isnt lacking social skills Razz
    anyway just some words from me.
    your
    sil
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Thu Sep 16, 2010 8:55 am

i let him decide,coz i got the lag and coz he claimed he had the advantage in his hands,but i told him about the moves we would do with the hands and what would normally happen,none of us would have that advantage,but vongola still claimed he would have it,so i didn't like to argue about it much.
    Sil
    Sil

Male Posts : 93
    Speed Credits : 452

Post by Sil Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:01 am

you should see at it this way, if he hadnt a first turn kill on the hand, he had to reduel. any card you draw is luck based, so its not determined who the duel is going to win. same would go for him. there is no need for speculations. if he didnt have a ftk it wouldnt have been his victory. easy as that. since the first hand is just the first hand. a bunch of 6 cards. ofc they can lead the way of the duel, but dont determine the winner Wink only if its a ftk it would be a legit win.
    And if someone crashes its normally not sth you two have to argue about more like, the hoster of the tourny and the two of you. which would normally end in a final word of the hoster and not in an argument Wink
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:44 pm

I agree with sil, saying "I have the advantage"/"I would have won" etc is NOT right. Anything can happen in the game if it's not an FTK. And even if it WAS an FTK, the opponent may wait for an OTK because he's afraid of your set cards, making the duel unpredictable again.

However, that's just my opinion. In fact, making such a fuss for an online tournament of Yu-Gi-Og that nobody cares about it and you ain't gonna win something material, seems really stupid to me. I am not gonna take the side of SDA just because I'm from SDA, but that doesn't mean I don't judge what Vongola said as kinda wrong. Still I wouldn't hold a grudge or anything, I just think that was a bit unfair.

The only person entitled to be angry here is Blaze.
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Post by Vongola-x Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:44 pm

First of all Blaze offered me the win and since some DGA members told me I should take it I did. But after seeing that so many people are arguing about this I have no problems to reduel. So keep the result as 1-1 for now. -.-
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:32 pm

i didn't exactly offer you the win,i told you to choose what's right to do for you,after we compared our hands and you insisted that yours was better,something that wasn't actually so much better.i didn't like to argue about that,coz i knew you would tell me that your hand was better i would tell that not and we would end up arguing without ending,i say again that i don't make all of this for a reduel.i just wanted to let everyobdy know what happened,i am not 100%sure if i will accept the reduel don't know i will let you know my decision.
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Post by Vongola-x Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:25 pm

He wins. Congratz to Blaze!
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:27 pm

vongola finally decided to give the reduel,i personally wouldn't accept it if it was for myself,but everyone wanted to see a final ending like ti should end and all told me to accept the reduel,i am not so happy about the way things turned out.i won 2-1 finally.gg's vongola.sorry for all this thing.the congratz go to you also vongola,you finally did the right and this was very good of you.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:53 am

Im glad this is finally all over Razz Congratulations to both Blaze and SDA for making it all the way the end. Congratulations to all academies to making it into the final 3. The image will be on display in the main forum until NBCT2 begins so once again, congratulations and well done.

~Locked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:52 pm