Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
Shadow
chris9999
6 posters

chris9999's gfx

chris9999
    chris9999

Male Posts : 133
    Speed Credits : 498

chris9999's gfx Empty chris9999's gfx

Post by chris9999 Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:08 pm

bleach wallpaper
    Spoiler:

signature
    Spoiler:

another sig
    Spoiler:

rate and comment plz Very Happy

Last edited by chris9999 on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Shadow
    Shadow

Male Posts : 29
    Speed Credits : 201

chris9999's gfx Empty Re: chris9999's gfx

Post by Shadow Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:13 pm

cant c anythin :/

upload on image shack or tinypic
    chris9999
    chris9999

Post by chris9999 Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:14 pm

fixed
    YiYi
    YiYi

Male Posts : 60
    Speed Credits : 10

Post by YiYi Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:16 pm

Very good start on a grunge signature for the first one, however more work can me done with the flow. As for the second Bleach one, I understand what you were trying to do with the lines but the effect didn't come out too clearly and I would suggest either using just a stock brush or taking it out. Other than those things good start ^_^
    chris9999
    chris9999

Post by chris9999 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:27 pm

thx gonna try that flow stuff

here is somethink i always wanted to try
    before
    Spoiler:

and after i repainted it Very Happy
    Spoiler:

rate and comment plz
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:52 pm

Well, to be honest that isn't really good Razz

First of all, take a look at the fingers of the image, at their tip. Does it feel right to you?

Also, all of the lighting effect there was on the original image is gone because you used only 2 colors, one for the light parts and one for the dark. It doesn't really look good like that. What I would've done (never did this, but just saying what I'd try) is use the pen tool to draw masks around the places I want to change, make it a selection and then copy it to a new layer. Then I would add a Hue/Saturation / Color Balance/ Curves adjustment layer until it looks as I want it.
    Hebi
    Hebi

Male Posts : 55
    Speed Credits : 231

Post by Hebi Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:10 am

Nice sigss man! u rock!
    chris9999
    chris9999

Post by chris9999 Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:38 pm

thx for your comments everyone

@stef that's too advanced for me. I did it with the brush tool and used three colors i am gonna try putting more details. all i have done with photoshop till now was removing text from pictures ( except what you see here ) so i am just checking things out. I know all the gfx gurus in here can do it better Wink (not ironic)

latest in this one i tried using Hue/Saturation color balance and flow i think i totally failed in using the last one Very Happy
    chris9999's gfx Ninjasig

i also wanted to participate in the signature of the week competion(<-- dont know how to spell it ) but i had less than 60 posts scratch
    YiYi
    YiYi

Post by YiYi Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:41 pm

Really liking the NInja signature. Good flow and over all effect. One small suggestion is to cut the top parts of the signature down to where his hair is. You dont want to have too much unnecessary information on your signature
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Firstly learn everything about C4D. Then, listen this advise: You don't need backgrounds always. Use black fill. C4Ds and render(s) be font and background looks better. You can use C4Ds like backgrounds.

I only mean change/improve your background style.
    YiYi
    YiYi

Post by YiYi Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:57 pm

@Berkay
    Why use a C4D for a background when his current Grunge style is working out. I understand that trying out different effects is a good idea but why mess with the formula right? C4Ds has been so over used that it is now near cliche. I personally think that with the grunge background it gives his art an identity. Instead of his art being one in a thousand, it can be a thousand in one. A good signature does not need to have C4Ds. Simple techniques such as brushing and smudging can produce a brilliant signature.
    chris9999
    chris9999

Post by chris9999 Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:41 pm

yeah C4Ds limits your creativity. i like using brushes more than C4Ds

in the bleach signature i am using a C4D
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:10 pm

Well, actually they don't limit your creativity. They can give a boost to it. If you really wanna be creative, you must learn how to use 3D Making programs (3D Max, Blender, Cinema 4D (from this program comes the misused word C4D, while they are just 3d graphics) etc) and make your own C4Ds Razz

BTW, you can create awesome BGs without C4Ds too, I agree with YiYi. You just need to learn how to use the possibilites PS has to offer and master them.

Also, I like the last siggy, but a thing you could do is 1) Reduce the content of your text and 2) never tried it but it just came to my mind right now O.o Try putting the outer glow of the render in another layer and smudge it to create an even better flow! Don't know if it'll look good, but it's an idea xP You never know until you try...

Also, to make BGs, don't forget about all of the Filters PS has to offer (I really like the wave filter for example), you can create pretty neat BGs if you use them right Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am