Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

Setting the standard (Academy fail)

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Setting the standard (Academy fail) Empty Setting the standard (Academy fail)

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:59 am

Here's a fun topic I'm gonna start and every time I see a copycat I will openly flame them because I'm kind of a jerk like that. I've been wanting to make a topic like this for a while but I've been too lazy, and I've been kind of a nice guy about copycats but if copycats are not nice enough to not copy off of us why should we return the favor?

If you guys find a noob academy that has copied an idea/concept from us be sure to post it here so we can flame them Very Happy. I'll start out.

Academy fail number 1: Dorm System Rip off [SW]

TDA's Idea: Just yesterday (October 17th, 2010) we announced a new innovative dorm system that would make every member work their way up to the top. You guys have read about it I'm sure.

The Rip Off: Today (October 18th, 2010) SW changed their dorm system to something similar where you have to earn your way to the top with ridiculous tasks like winning a gazillion tournaments. They even added an "admissions section"! Rude much?

Post all your academy fails here in the same format I posted mine and they will be added to the main post. Be sure to only name the failing academy by their initials and do not provide their url. We all know they want to leech our popularity so don't give them the pleasure. If you'd like to post anonymously send me a PM and I'll post for ya. x]
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Setting the standard (Academy fail) Empty Re: Setting the standard (Academy fail)

Post by The Detonator Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:15 am

Academy fail number 2: Story Mode rip off [NDA]

TDA's Idea:
    Story Mode dueling experience where you take on deck building missions and follow a story to earn SC.

The Rip Off:
    What can I say. Word for word rip off is the worst kind. Word for word Story Mode was implemented and even the exact same images were used. Its like the posts were just duplicated. Since then though SDA happily took down and apologized about the rip off.

Last edited by The Detonator on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Chrono
    Chrono

Male Posts : 48
    Speed Credits : 96

Setting the standard (Academy fail) Empty Re: Setting the standard (Academy fail)

Post by Chrono Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:30 am

Well you cant say that everything in this academy that is in other academy's is a straight up rip off from you guys...

Sure you "MIGHT" of implemented it first but who's to say who thought of it first? And who cares anyways?

Cant we all just get along?
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:37 am

We are getting along lol we're not trying to start any sort of arguments or anything--that's why we're not saying names. We are not saying that everything in our academy found elsewhere is a rip off because that is not the case. We are only pointing out people who have openly copied us, and we have proof to prove we both implemented and thought of the ideas first ;].

In theory every academy is a rip off from some academy so this topic is just here to have some fun, not to create conflict. This topic (like stated in the name) is simply to make the point that we are setting the standard in the academy world with the way we've rethought the concept of a forum-academy since many people are doing what we are doing. Thanks for your concern though.
    Chrono
    Chrono

Male Posts : 48
    Speed Credits : 96

Post by Chrono Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:48 am

Oh OK I see. Because it seemed like just a troll/whine thread to me at first.
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:39 pm

@Det , i hope you mean souther duel academy, if you do specify it.
    I may have ripped off other things from TDA but at least i didn't rip off story mode O.o
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:45 pm

@Vem
    Wrong one D: apologies i fixed it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:20 pm