Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

Deck of the Month [February]

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Deck of the Month [February] Empty Deck of the Month [February]

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:50 am

Welcome to the third installment of Deck of the Month. This time around I decided to go with a deck that you will be able to build in KCVDS, and a deck that is pretty competitive. I wouldn't really consider it a meta anymore because it's not as efficient as it was before, and not many people run it now because Solemn got limited, but it's still really good if you know what you're doing, and know how to make good reads.

This deck is a beast... it runs a lot of beasts and stuff it's really beastly.

The price of this deck is probably pretty up there so I'd probably just recommend to mess around with this deck in KCVDS because if you make it in real life it won't be worth your money.

If you guys didn't catch my super lame joke earlier, and haven't guessed still then I'll clear things up for you. This is a Gladiator Beast deck so most of you should know what these cards so I won't take too much time explaining how it works, and for the first time I'd like to include a side deck. Anyway without further ado Deck of the Month for February:

MAIN DECK

3x Test Tiger
    You guys should know what this does, it's basically there to speed up the deck. He can special summon a lot and take full advantage of the Gladiator Beast summoning effects.

1x GB Hoplomus
    Pretty good defense for level a level 4 at 2100 so it will make your opponent bump into him allowing you to special summon another GB, and when he's GB summoned he gets 2400 DEF.

1x GB Retiari
    Kind of crappy, but when he's GB summoned you can remove one card from your opponent's graveyard. With the big thing right now being zombies this guy can get rid of Mezukis, Malis, and Plaguespreaders.

2x GB Samnite
    Used with Rescue Cat

1x GB Murmillo
    Just there to kill stuff since it can destroy a monster when he is GB summoned.

1x Elemental Hero - Prisma
    Just one because you can't run three cold waves anymore so you can't do Prisma then Test Tiger, then Gyzarus anymore without it being bottomlessed or something so just one is good now. It's a good come back card if you can pull it off and pop two of your opponent's cards with Gyzarus.

2x GB Laquari
    2100 ATK beater when he gets GB summoned

1x GB Secutor
    It's easy to make Heraklinos with this guy since you can special summon two GBs with it

2x GB Darius
    Good to set up a Gyzarus since it allows you to special summon a GB from the graveyard.

1x Rescue Cat
    Because it's the cutest deadliest card Razz, and because it allows you to get either two samnites, or samnite and test tiger into darious, get a bestiari and get a Gyzarus or all kinds of other shananigans.

1x GB Bestiari
    Pops magic and traps, he was so good :[ too bad he's limited.

1x GB Equeste
    He'll allow you to recycle your cards

1x Sangan
    To get your kitties and Test Tigers

2x Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer
    Just because all decks right now seem to be zombies and light trash so this guy will beat those decks up badly. He will definitely help you for a few turns and stall those dreaded JDs and Chaos Sorcerers >_>

1x Brain Control
    Staple

1x Heavy Storm
    Staple.

1x MST
    Staple.

1x Gladiator Proving Ground
    It's like a GB ROTA

1x My Body as a Shield
    Crappy Solemn substitute

1x Gladiator Beast's Respitel
    Just in case you open up with it and junk cards like murmillo and hopefully draw out your Besiaris, and stuff you do wanna summon.

3x Book of Moon
    My favorite spell. Really good against tuners, and stopping synchro summoning. It gets over stardust and you can gyzarus it.

1x Trap Stun
    Sort of a replacement for cold wave because playing cold wave in this deck is kind of bad cause it relies heavily on its traps. Trap stun will allow you to negate stuff like bottomless and still allow you to play traps and spells your next turn

1x Solemn Judgment
    Self-Explanatory

2x Waboku
    Because Brionac is godly right now and this guy will stop the OTK since you don't have a gorz. A lot of people would prefer to run Threatening Roar, but this card is really good in GBs because you can activate it after an attack is declared, so the attack will go through, but your GB won't be destroyed, and since it was attacked it sets up for a GB special summon. It can also be used during your own turn unlike Threatening Roar and again set up for some GB special summon to do shananigans.

3x Gladiator Beast's War Chariot
    This card is going to be your trump card in this deck, especially in this format. This card will negate a monster's effect which means it will greatly slow down decks such as zombies when they are using tomatoes or sangans to get plague and goblins out you can chariot them and slow their decks down greatly. You can also use this card against lightsworns when their effect to mill activates during the end phase, activate it and pop it. This card will slow down all the meta decks out there so it's really important that you get it asap, and that's why I run three. You can also recycle it with your Esquete to repeat it next turn... but we all know yugioh doesn't work like that and something will usually happen to screw you over.. that's why i didn't make this deck irl xD

1x Royal Oppression
    This card is kind of a tech card because zombies and LS are really big right now, and if you can manage to get Heraklinos early and ahve this card set, then you pretty much win the game.

1x Mirror Force
    Staple.

2x Bottomless
    Staple.

1x Torrential
    Staple.

EXTRA DECK

2x Gladiator Beast Gyzarus
    Trump Card

2x Gladiator Beast Heraklinos
    Trump Card

SIDE DECK

3x Trap Hole
    This is for all the strong monsters like Summoned Skull... cause he's pretty big, and GBs are really weak and can't handle him :/... jk this is for blackwings, they summon them you stop them from any potential special summoning by bora and gale, and if they are destroyed Black Whirlwind won't chain.

2x Legendary Jujitsu Master
    This is for GB mirror matches, and is not bad against Blackwings. It also never gets old when it gets attacked and your opponent goes like aww shiiieeeet it goes back to my deck .__.!

2x Banisher of the Radiance
    Good against Lightsworns, and really good against Zombies. You attack their tomatoes or sangans and you can be like haha no search for you!

1x Trap Stun
    In case you play trap heavy decks or blackwings that try to icarus and you go like haha NOT!

2x Mirror of Oaths
    For GBs or the three people who still play synchro cat.

3x Light Imprisonment Mirror
    This is for the fairies.... and the uncommon, but widely popular lightsworns.

2x Dust Tornado
    Good against blackwings because they main oppression, and you can get rid of it with this and their black whirlwinds as well, and stupid anti-meta decks.

So that was deck of the month Feb. I wanna give a shout out to TeamDDsLeader who was actually sort of mentioned here in the Light Imprisonment Mirror part cause his fairies owned my D-hero zombie deck the other day xD

Also, let me know of any mistakes i might have made. I tend to make those a lot when i write up deck of the month

WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Deck of the Month [February] Empty Re: Deck of the Month [February]

Post by WilBer Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:20 am

eh yay GB was a pretty good deck but -.-

what i think how can be meta become a Deck of The Month -.-
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:25 am

WilliamBerlin wrote:eh yay GB was a pretty good deck but -.-

cause like you said it was pretty good, but now it takes a lot of skill to pull off wins with this type of deck with the current ban list.

Gladiator beasts in my opinion are far from being meta anymore. They no longer top 16 in major tourneys anymore, and are being forgotten which is why i decided to make deck of the month GBs.
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:41 am

DanceJonDance wrote:
    WilliamBerlin wrote:eh yay GB was a pretty good deck but -.-

cause like you said it was pretty good, but now it takes a lot of skill to pull off wins with this type of deck with the current ban list.

Gladiator beasts in my opinion are far from being meta anymore. They no longer top 16 in major tourneys anymore, and are being forgotten which is why i decided to make deck of the month GBs.

eh u right -.- that deck are really forgotten idk why

btw what is top 16 in major tourneys?
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Now, if the banlist doesn't hit LS at all, they will top 16 very often. Either them or Zombie Synchro. Tele-DAD and GB days are over.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:06 am

I doubt the ban list will do anything too drastic to Lightsworns, but there's a new card coming out that will surely own LS. I'm going to write an article about it soon Razz
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:55 am

Nice, I was looking forward to the downfall of LS, I see them waaay too often.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:17 am