Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
The Detonator
CaptainChrno
6 posters

Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell

CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell Empty Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell

Post by CaptainChrno Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:57 am

Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell

I suddenly want to write something about yugioh. So, here we go, Flamvell Sneak-a-Peek Very Happy

Although most of these Flamvell Cards can't be used by us right now, we can discuss about them Razz So, this thread is also used to discuss anything regarding Flamvell, whether its deck build possibility, strategies, combo, etc.

I'll open this thread by introducing the information regarding Flamvell that I compiled from yugioh.wikia.com and some of my remarks...

I. What are Those... Flaming Guys?

Basically, Flamvells are FIRE monsters who mostly have 200 DEF. Most of their effects involve inflicting burn damage or increasing their fellow attack points.

Flamvells also have their own sub-archetype, much like X-Saber and XX-Saber (my fave!), which is Neo Flamvell. Most of their effects involve removing from play cards in opponent's Graveyard and gain benefits for doing so. This also opens the possibility of Anti-Meta Decks made from Flamvell monsters since most cards in Meta Deck is better having their cards in grave or deck farao

In current format, Flamvell is infamous because of two cards, Flamvell Firedog and Flamvell Magician. They are often splashed into Kitty Deck, which makes Flamvell Kitty Deck, or Stardust Assault Deck. Besides those and maybe Rekindling, the others are either forgotten or ignored (although this is thanks to most of them are unreleased yet in TCG Razz )

II. Flamvell Lineup

Code:
    Flamvell Archer
    Fire/3*/Pyro/Tuner/1000/200
    Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 face-up Pyro-Type monster to have a face-up "Flamvell" monster gain 800 ATK until the End Phase.

KCVDS Availablility: Yes

This card is one of the many Tuners in their lineup. Its effect is qood enough to boost your monsters ATK to the point that they can destroy most monsters in the same level or even the higher level. Useful against annoying cards with high ATK that needs to be destroyed fast like Stardust Dragon or Goyo Guardian. It can also provide quick Black Rose Dragon using Firedog effect in case you need it Smile

My Rate: 3/5

Code:
    Flamvell Baby
    Fire/1*/Pyro/Tuner/800/200
    You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to have 1 target FIRE monster you control gain 400 ATK.

KCVDS Availability: No

This card is also another ATK booster like Flamvell Archer. Its not as useful though since it's still technically -1 for you but with only 400 bonus ATK. The upside is this card is easier and faster to use. Oh, and this card is not like Honest or Kalut. Its effect is Ignition effect so you can only activate it in you Main Phase. Don't get your hope up Wink

My Rate: 2/5

Code:
    Flamvell Commando
    Fire/6*/Pyro/2200/200
    This card cannot be Special Summoned. This card can only be Normal Summoned by Tributing 1 "Flamvell" monster you control. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 monster in your Graveyard with 200 DEF to inflict damage to your opponent equal to that monster's ATK.

KCVDS Availability: Yes

Now, this guy is the beast of Flamvell Burn Wink In one turn, you can deal an easy 100-2500 damage, depending on the monsters that you have in your Grave. This guy can be frightening if you make a Flamvell Burn Deck (maybe?). Even if it got Bottomless-ed, you can at least deal heavy damage once before you say goodbye to him Very Happy Unfortunately, this card cannot cheat his way through Flamvell Firedog...

My Rate: 4/5 (This card is useful even though you don't use Burn Strategy)

Code:
    Flamvell Dragnov
    Fire/2*/Dragon/1100/200
    When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, inflict 500 damage to your opponent. You can remove from play this card in your Graveyard, along with 1 face-up FIRE monster you control, to add 1 "Flamvell Dragnov" from your Deck to your hand.

KCVDS Availability: Yes (Name is Flamvell Dragunov)

This card is a... meh? It got one-time-used-conditional burn damage. Its second effect even generates disadvantage in my opinion. Most of FIRE monsters out there are more useful than this card, so... removing him and 1 FIRE monster in field to get a copy of himself doesn't really worth it. You might have some use of him for burn deck... But then again, there are better burn dealers out there.

My Rate: 1/5

Code:
    Flamvell Fiend
    Fire/5*/Fiend/2100/1200
    If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Pyro-Type monsters in your Graveyard x 200.

In an early game or fast game, this guy is not useful. His burn damage might shine in late game or slow game though, if you somehow could fill in your Graveyard with many Pyro monsters, you can deal burn damage that can make Flamvell Commando ashamed of himself. 10 monsters and you will deal 2000 damage (+2100 damage if you strike directly). This card also opens the possibility for Magical Pyro Decks to emerge. But still, this card is hard to use and utilize its effect to its fullest.

My Rate: 2/5

Code:
    Flamvell Firedog
    Fire/4*/Beast/1900/200
    When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you can Special Summon 1 FIRE monster with 200 or less DEF from your Deck, except "Flamvell Firedog".

This card is a beast (literally and unliterally). He has 1900 ATK, which is nothing to laugh at for a level-4 monster. But he shines at his effect. He is effectively Flamvell Search Engine. At the same time, he has like a built-in double attack (since the monster you summon using this card's effect can strike again). Additionally, this card can make Synchro Summon very easy to do by summoning Tuner. All of his usefulness, combines with many Tuners available for Flamvell, makes him a staple for every Flamvell Deck and splashable for Synchro Deck. This guy also what makes Stardust Dragon /Assault Mode is easier to summon. This guy also what makes the infamous Flamvell Kitty Deck. Nothing else to say but he is one of the best lvl4 monsters. In the future, duelists will fear this guy as much as they fear Shura.

My Rate: 5/5

Code:
    Flamvell Guard
    Fire/1*/Dragon/100/2000
    A Flamvell guardian who commands fire with his will. His magma-hot barrier protects his troops from intruders.

KCVDS Availability: Yes (Name is Guard of Flamvell)

You might have seen this guy in some synchro builds or dragon builds. He has an excellent defense for a lvl1 Tuner. Thought, it also makes him a little bit unplayable in Flamvell Deck instead. It will survive most of opening plays and it's a good fact for a Tuner monster. Albeit, it doesn't make him a magnificent Tuner (which is furthermore dragged down by its very low level). Oh, and also a target for One-for-One card.

Code:
    Flamvell Gurnika
    Fire/4*/Dragon/1700/200
    When this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, inflict damage to your opponent equal to its Level x 200.

Notice that this card has the highest ATK possible for Firedog's effect and it also has a nice burn damage. So, this card can be a good alternative to summon through Firedog's effect to destroy more monsters and make more damage. Basically, it is an okay beatstick.

Code:
    Flamvell Magician
    Fire/4*/Spellcaster/Tuner/1400/200
    While you control an "Ally of Justice" monster(s), this card gains 400 ATK.

This card and Firedog makes an easy synchro for lvl8 Synchro monster. That is what makes this card the 2nd most infamous card in Flamvell Lineup. He is one amongst the few lvl4 tuners without side effect. Some people prefer this card even without having Firedog in their deck due to it's bottomless-proof.

My Rate: 4/5

Code:
    Flamvell Poun
    Fire/1*/Pyro/200/200
    If this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, you can select 1 monster with 200 DEF from your Deck and add it to your hand.

KCVDS Availability: Yes (Name is Flamvell Pawn)

The Sangan of the Flamvell. Now that's a better name Razz He can search most of Flamvell monsters. Although its effect still doesn't as powerful as Sangan, he is still a must for Flamvell Deck... Don't forget he can fetch out your Flamvell Firedog, you prolly best Flamvell monster while Sangan cannot.

III. Flamvell Brother's - Neo Flamvell

Code:
    Neo Flamvell Garuda
    Fire/3*/Pyro/1200/1800
    During your End Phase, if you control another face-up "Flamvell" monster, select 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard and remove it from play.

Just by looking at this card, you can get the general idea behind Neo Flamvell Archetype. This card helps you control the graveyard presence of your opponent. Useful to remove threatening cards like Necro Gardna, Any lightsworn, X-Saber, Zombie, Shiny Black C, etc. Unfortunately, this card's effect cannot be activated if you don't control other "Flamvell" monster. In the end, this card is only usable in Flamvell Deck or its variant...

Rate: 3/5

Code:
    Neo Flamvell Hedgehog
    Fire/3*/Pyro/Tuner/800/200
    If this card is destroyed by battle, remove 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard from play. If this face-up card is destroyed by a card effect, add 1 FIRE monster with 200 or less DEF from your Graveyard to your hand, except "Neoflamvell Hedgehog".

The feeling I got from reading this card's effect is the same with when I got from reading Flamvell Dragnov Neutral But this card is more useful since it helps its kin and with luck, you can get almost any Flamvell monster you need from you graveyard. The fact that it's a tuner also alleviate its usefulness in my eyes.

Code:
    Neo Flamvell Origin
    Fire/2*/Pyro/Tuner/500/200
    If you control a face-up "Flamvell" monster other than "Neoflamvell Origin", and there are 3 or less cards in your opponent's Graveyard, you can Special Summon this card from your hand.

Finally! A monster that benefits from the previous monster effect Very Happy I would say that this card works much like Gale minus the shrink effect. Since there are many cards including from Flamvell Lineup that can help you retrieve any Flamvell Cards with 200 DEF, let's say this card is a must for any type of Flamvell Deck. Help you synchro immensely.

Code:
    Neo Flamvell Sabre
    Fire/4*/Pyro/1500/200
    While 4 or less cards are in your opponent's Graveyard, this card gains 600 ATK. While 8 or more cards are in your opponent's Graveyard, this card loses 300 ATK.

The beatstick of the group. With his ATK that can reach 2100, this card can almost bypass any monsters if you get 2nd turn. Then, if you control your opponent's graveyard correctly, this card can be a long-term beatstick. This card can also be another beatstick alternative for Firedog's effect (again with this beast Razz ).

Code:
    Neo Flamvell Shaman
    Fire/3*/Pyro/1700/200
    If you have 3 or more "Flamvell" monster in your Graveyard, and this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle, select 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard and remove it from play. If there are no Spell Cards in your opponent's Graveyard when this effect is activated, also inflict 500 damage to your opponent's Life Points.

A card that also helps you control your opponent's graveyard. Unlike the previous monsters though, this card benefits too from it by inflicting burn damage. But with his 1500 ATK, it's hard to use its effect.

My Rate: 1/5

IV. Flamvell Big Boss (a.k.a. Synchro)

Code:
    Ancient God Flamvell
    Fire/7*/Pyro/2500/200
    1 FIRE Tuner + 1 or more Pyro-Type Non-Tuner monster
    When this card is Synchro Summoned successfully, select a number of cards in your opponent's Graveyard up to the number of cards in your opponent's hand and remove them from play. This card gains 200 ATK for each card removed by this effect.

If you somehow fail to control your opponent graveyard, this card can make up for it and can provide a surprise beatstick. In my opinion, this card is best used in early game since your opponent's hand is not depleted much yet. Then, you can remove as many cards as you can to empower this guy. It's one of the better beatstick choice for Urgent Tuning when you are using Firedog.

Code:
    Flamvell Uruquizas
    Fire/6*/Pyro/2100/400
    1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
    During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. This card gains 300 ATK each time it inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent.

One of my favorite to put in extra deck. It falls behind Goyo or Brionac for lvl6 monster. But this guy can ensure you to deal heavy damage since it has piercing damage and the ever increasing ATK. If your opponent play defensive, use this card. This card is also splashable to any synchro decks since it doesn't require any specific materials. I usually put one of this guy to extra/side deck to deal with a defensive player Razz

Rate: 4/5

V. Flamvell Support

Code:
    Flamvell Counter
    Normal Trap
    Remove from play 1 FIRE monster in your Graveyard with 200 DEF. Negate the activation of a Spell or Trap card, and destroy it.

If you are running a Flamvell Deck, this card is a must have. Its effect easy to activate, and its effect can help you defense greatly, unlike Saber Hole in X-Saber which is more situational.

Code:
    Rekindling
    Normal Spell
    Special Summon from your Graveyard as many FIRE monsters as possible with 200 DEF. During the End Phase, remove from play all monsters that were Special Summoned by this effect.

A very good card if you are running Flamvell Deck since your monsters would be most likely have 200 DEF. This card can also make multiple synchro possible. This opens a possibility for Flamvell Synchro Deck (which is already exist I guess...). It is also useful for dealing heavy damage.

My Rate: 5/5

VI. Closing
    Flamvell Archetype opens up many possibilities of deck build. It seems quite fun too^^

So, if you have any comments, suggestions, anything that you want to add to the first post, you can always reply the post or PM me Smile

Note:
    - Sorry for my Engrish if you happen to find one Razz

Last edited by CaptainChrno on Wed May 12, 2010 9:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell Empty Re: Archetype Sneak-a-Peek: Flamvell

Post by The Detonator Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:56 am

I don't expect to see many Flamvell Decks in KCVDS at this point but most certainly they might pop up in the future. They do not have as much support as the x-saber monsters but they definately hold more versatility to be able to be used in different Decks, like you said Kitty Flamvell Decks, or the Assualt Decks we are starting to see more of.

In the end nice article, and breakdown of the effects and usefulness of the monsters. A good read.

--The Detonator--
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Tue Apr 13, 2010 2:42 pm

Wow i dont know neo flamvell has a continious D.D. Crow lol -_-
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:51 pm

Continous D.D. Crow... Now that's an interesting way of calling it Very Happy If only the effect can be activated in either player's turn, that would be perfect Razz

EDIT: Flamvell Synchro are added to the article
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

Post by the jancok Tue Apr 13, 2010 4:24 pm

Ur article seem's interesting^^. I don't agree about flamvell urquizas u wrote in rate 3/5 >,<. the original it is 4/5 Razz caused he can pwnz defense power from opponent x]. maybe ur opponent using marh stall and reaper. But i'm respect with ur article ^^, keep up the good work Razz.
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:56 pm

Ah, the rate for the monster is actually below the synchro monster. I rate Flamvell Uruquizas 4/5 Razz But then, he is almost never used by some ohers...
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:42 pm

rekindling is what makes the flamvell engine so broken it can instantly get you two level 8 synchros with a single spell card and that's pretty crazy; expect to see it in the banlist this September.
    Jaden Yuki
    Jaden Yuki

Male Posts : 131
    Speed Credits : 1315

Post by Jaden Yuki Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:28 pm

I hope that what DJD said does not happend!!! That Card is just great!!!
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Post by CaptainChrno Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:48 pm

If the time is right, you can synchro four times with 1 Rekindling, 1 Urgent Tuning, 1 Flamvell Firedog in hand and 1 Flamvell Firedog in graveyard. Rekindling is just broken >.<

Btw, with Firedog as the main engine, I think Urgent Tuning can be a good tech for Flamvell Deck. What do you think?
    Jaden Yuki
    Jaden Yuki

Male Posts : 131
    Speed Credits : 1315

Post by Jaden Yuki Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:52 pm

Actually i was thinking of testing that card. It does seem to fit with Fire Dog and magician but idk.
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:01 am

Urgent OTK xD that would be a good tech, but you could probably find something better instead.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:51 am