Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

2 posters

negate an activation of effect

Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

negate an activation of effect Empty negate an activation of effect

Post by Yuri Bakura Fri May 14, 2010 9:34 pm

ok, here is a situation

my opponent have Dandylion facedown. I have Royal Oppression face up and Doomcaliber Knight. I use doomcaliber atk, and danddylion send to grave. So danddylion effect kick in, which have the effect of special summon. So can i just use oppression to negate the effect so doomcaliber does not need to negate since the effect already negated
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

negate an activation of effect Empty Re: negate an activation of effect

Post by The Detonator Fri May 14, 2010 9:38 pm

In this case, you are sending Dandylion to the Graveyard during the Damage Step. You cannot activate Royal Oppression during the Damage Step to negate Dandylion's effect (since it is Spell Speed 2 and these cannot be activated in the Damage Step). Doomcalibur will activate and be the only thing negating Dandylion.

In the case that this was not happening during the Damage Step, the order of activation will apply. Doomcalibur is a Mandatory Trigger effect. It will activate first (before the optional effect of Royal Oppression). He will tribute himself as a cost, and then you have thoe choice to chain Royal Oppression's Optional Effect (which would be silly to do)

--The Detonator--
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

Post by Yuri Bakura Fri May 14, 2010 9:48 pm

some more question,

i think after dandylion destroy and during send it to grave, it is not counted as damage step anymore

If Royal Oppression is face up ? I means it is not face down, this means i am not activate trap card during damage step

if all is true, this means if royal oppression is face up, other monster destroy by battle and send to graveyard and activate effect of special summon like Troop Dragon cannot be chain by Royal oppression even face up ?
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Fri May 14, 2010 11:28 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:some more question,

i think after dandylion destroy and during send it to grave, it is not counted as damage step anymore

If Royal Oppression is face up ? I means it is not face down, this means i am not activate trap card during damage step

if all is true, this means if royal oppression is face up, other monster destroy by battle and send to graveyard and activate effect of special summon like Troop Dragon cannot be chain by Royal oppression even face up ?

Question 1:
    Dandylion is destroyed during battle like you said. Its effect activates as soon as it is sent to the Graveyard (this is still the Damage Step)

Question 2:
    If Royal Oppression is face-up then only the card has been activated. You must still "activate" the effect. This is different to activating the card.

Question 3:
    Yes Troop Dragon cannot be negated by Royal Oppression, neither can Mystic Tomato or any cards that Special Summon a monster when destroyed by battle. This is the Damage Step still.

--The Detonator--

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:01 am