Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

Time to sell your cards!

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Time to sell your cards! Empty Time to sell your cards!

Post by DanceJonDance Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:37 am

Why? Because practically every card that was worth something about four months ago is getting reprinted. Konami seems to be riding the success of Infernities and Sabers a little too obviously and have announced several reprints of some of the key cards for decks we consider to be top tier that do not require you to buy a Shining Darkness booster pack: Blackwings, Lightsworns, and Dandywarriors.

Konami's first move already took place in the form of Gold Series 3 which reprints every worthwhile Blackwing from Raging Battle and Crimson Crisis with the addition of a Gold Rare Icarus Attack meaning that getting almost every Blackwing will only cost you about 60 bucks and you'd just have to worry about getting lucky and pulling Armor Master and Armed Wing. You're probably saying to yourselves that players will still have to worry about getting their hands on cards like Dark Armed Dragon and Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor, but you'd be wrong. Gold Series 3 also includes a reprint of the most expensive card in Lightsworns: Judgment Dragon. Also, if you remember not too long ago Konami released special edition boxes for Ancient Prophecy and Stardust Overdrive which contained Super Rare reprints of Solar Recharge and Charge of the Light Brigade. In addition to those Konami released another boxed named Twilight Edition which contained an Ultra Rare reprint of Honest making the most expensive Lightsworn cards accessible to virtually anyone.

Come August Konami will make the second move and this is what I meant when I said you'd be wrong about players still having to seek other key cards. On August 31st the first wave of the 2010 Collector's Tins will be released each containing five booster packs, one Secret Rare variant card, and four additional super rare cards. The secret rare cards are the usual cover card reprints of the last three booster packs so there's nothing too unexpected there; the real surprise are the super rare cards. There will be three tins and each one will contain four different Super Rare reprints. The Majestic Star Dragon tin will contain a Super Rare reprint of Elemental Hero Stratos, a card previously only available as JUMP promo or Championship pack rare. The Black-Winged Dragon tin will contain Super Rare reprints of Chimeratech Fortress Dragon, a card previously only available as a JUMP promo and Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor, a card formely priced at over forty dollars. Finally, the Dragon Knight Draco-Equiste tin will contain a Super Rare reprint of Dark Armed Dragon, a card that needs to background information on. With these tins players are guaranteed to get some of those previously hard to get cards for only twenty dollars in addition to 4 other cards and five booster packs; sounds like a good deal to me.

In late September and Early October Konami makes its final move in the form of Duelist Revolution: Special Edition and Structure Deck: Marik. Duelist Revolution's Special Edition will hit stores in September 21st and each box will contain one of two Super Rare variant cards: Gold Sarcophagus or Drill Warrior. Gold Sarcophagus and Drill Warrior are worth well over thirty dollars each right now and have become key staples of some decks. The biggest surprise for me was Structure Deck: Marik, which hits stores on October 19th. The box contains a gravekeeper themed structure deck with some memorable cards from the show reprinted as commons like Lava Golem, Metal Relect Slime, and.. what? Mirror Force?! That's right Mirror Force will finally be reprinted as a common after reigning as an Ultra Rare for nearly ten years! The strucutre deck will also contain reprints of all three Egyptian God cards; the rarity of these cards are still unconfirmed.

The original versions of these cards will plummet in price once the reprints are released, but that won't be for a couple of months and a lot of these cards are still hot. If you want to make some money you could try selling your cards now and buying them back later when they drop in price, but you probably won't make too much profit. I'd rather just keep my cards and when the time comes when I have to face a bunch of blackwing decks I will have some sort of self-satisfaction knowing my Vayus are Ultimate Rare unlike their crappy Super Rare Vayus. However, rarities don't change effects, a Dark Armed Dragon will do as much damage to an opponent whether it's Secret Rare or Super Rare so it's up to you guys to decide whether or not you should keep your cards or sell them while you still have the chance.

OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Time to sell your cards! Empty Re: Time to sell your cards!

Post by OptimusYale Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 am

Well you talk about mirror force, but its been common in japan for well over 10 years. It was actually a common right at the beginning as part of the Jonnouchi Structure deck, in that same set (kaiba and yugi also) came common BEUD, common black magic curtains and common heavy storms etc etc.

The only real thing by doing this is they are making competitive dueling more acessable to the poor kids, after all this format is no longer about creativity but winning tournaments.

It also means that Konami probably have 'the next big thing' lying in the wings of their fortress, meaning those cards would be pretty useless anyway. Thats just my 2 cents!
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:23 am

Must get rid of mirror force =O
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:12 am

Ultra Rare looks cooler. My old deck didnt has any common cards Very Happy. Even my Book of Moon is Super Rare and My Chaos Sorcerer Ultra (in my first turbopack 2 booster was keraklinos in my 2 this guy Very Happy). Well Mirror Force Common Why not? I mean strong cards that the most deck needs shouldnt be expensive. In the past you had to pay for cards liek Raigeki MF and the chaos monsters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am