Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

5 posters

The Dragon Deck: Necessities

Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

The Dragon Deck: Necessities Empty The Dragon Deck: Necessities

Post by Crescent Mon Jul 05, 2010 2:36 am

I'm sure you all know about this deck style Razz Dragons are one of the most common decks out there, and in this typers opinion, surely one of the most powerful. This article isn't about how to make one (Though i'll be typing one tomorrow or later Razz), it's about cards that are near necessities for a few different dragon deck styles: the common ones Razz I'm covering the Blue-Eyes decks in this article, Hopeless in my next Razz

Spell:
    Future Fusion (Gets certain dragons in the grave for use to summon Ultimate very fast: 3x Legend of The White Stone for three Blue-Eyes, one Wyvern, and one Metal for 5-Head almost assures a Ultimate and Metal at the end of the turn. From here, get out Metal, then poly Ultimate the next turn, using Metal's eff to get a Blue-Eyes from the grave out too. Now you have 2800, 4500, 3000, and a normal summon on the field, in basically one turn Razz)
    Dragon's Mirror (This can be used when you poly out Ultimate and have 3 Blue-Eyes in the grave, allowing a 2nd Ultimate in one turn. I also use the combo of from there, using Return From The Different Dimension to summon the 3 Blue-Eyes AGAIN, either poly or have 3x 3000 and 2x 4500's in ONE TURN)
    Gold Sarcophagus (This is an amazing searcher card. This card effectively searches out vital cards like Future or Mirror, and you get them in 2 turns from use. Very helpful in tough situations Razz)
    Ancient Rules (This card allows you to special summon a level 5 or higher normal monster from your hand. There is a free Blue-Eyes, 3000 attack beat-stick, still allowing your normal summon too Razz)

Traps:
    Call of The Haunted (This card is a staple, yes, so it's use is obvious. A smart use for this card is using it to revive a Metal or Blue-Eyes, even an Ultimate if it was already properly summoned, but was somehow destroyed)
    Altar For Tribute (Questionable... Most effective when using Metal. This combo allows you to tribute a Ultimate, gain 4500 LP, then revive it with Metal. This card is more for the deck style that may take a lot of damage while battling Razz)
    Battle Mania (I recommend someone write a separate article on this card. After swarming the field in one of many various ways, suppose your opponent Threatening Roar's you, we've all been there Razz Now you have your field covered with powerful monsters, and he has a few stallers on the field, maybe Marshy or Spirit, Dandy even. Activate Battle Mania during their standby phase and your problems are solved, maybe even game over. This card forces all monsters your opponent controls that are face-up to turn attack and all positions after that can't change, so no flip effects even Razz Then they must attack that turn, if able. Thus, forcing serious damage on your opponent in one turn, and you only have to click activate Razz)

Monsters:
    Kaibaman (Blue-Eyes lovers rejoice if you've never heard of this guy. You may tribute this guy to special summon one blue-eyes from your hand. Now, this sounds like Ancient Rules, just as a monster, except the fact he's a warrior. For this reason, he is much stronger. With the many cards that let you get warriors to your hand, Kaibaman is an effective way of summoning a 3000 Attack beat stick quickly and effectively Razz)
    Red-Eyes Black Metal Dragon (Okay, you all know this card, and i've mentioned so much about him already, i'm just gonna put him on here Razz)
    Legend of The White Stone (Because I also already described the great effect of this dragon, i'm also simply putting him in here Razz)
    Prime Material Dragon (Alright, one of my absolute favorite cards. This card has a double helpful effect. First, it changes all effect damage to gain the same amount. There goes an average burn deck, done for Razz It's second effect is most notable though. It can negate any card effect that destroys, you discard one card for cost. That stops Torrential, Bottomless, Mirror, you name it. This card is a want for almost any deck, but specifically dragons because they make it so much easier to summon him. Metal special summons, Totem can come from grave as a tribute, Masked can get a new dragon out for a tribute, etc Razz)

Alright, OBVIOUSLY this is not EVERY card that can help these decks. These are just a few that are very nice to have in them Smile If you have comments or questions, please do tell ^^ For now, that's all from me lol!
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

The Dragon Deck: Necessities Empty Re: The Dragon Deck: Necessities

Post by overd0se.KayKay Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 am

A bit off topic? Very Happy

e: post is not here anymore :/ x)
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:54 am

Wait, what're you talking about, KayKay?
    MissTayylor
    MissTayylor

Female Posts : 2
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by MissTayylor Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:20 am

i agree Smile ; i ran a dragon deck before and used everything you meanshened except tthe blue eyes bit :L ; do yo recomend running white night dragon ? or is he just a waist of space ?
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:27 am

^Well, if you are running Hopeless variant, White Night Dragon might be a good choice for beater outside of Dark Horus, not DARK but better effect. Heavy emphasize on might btw xD
    MissTayylor
    MissTayylor

Female Posts : 2
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by MissTayylor Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:36 am

CaptainChrno wrote:^Well, if you are running Hopeless variant, White Night Dragon might be a good choice for beater outside of Dark Horus, not DARK but better effect. Heavy emphasize on might btw xD

thanks now i can tell my friend to useit since she thinks its kind of a waist and i didnt know myself :/ but thanks for pointing that out Smile
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:54 am

Crescent wrote:Wait, what're you talking about, KayKay?

DJD posted someting before and deleted it :/.

Chaos Sorcerer ftw Razz Very Happy
    6 Light monsters if you play 3 dragons and 3 stones and some dark monsters so why not him too .D
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:50 am

Needle Bug of Nest... dont looks down at that weird trap, xD..... That trap card will become Cool in this Dragon Variant.... U can dump 5 cards in top your deck and make Totem Dumped too, if u re lucky... at next turn we can SS it for tribute fodder LADD or another high level Dragon... i have do this to u, Crescent, remember? but LS not good, cus totem's stupid effect which cant be special summmon if there are other monster beside dragon in our grave... Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:57 am