Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

Japan Regionals

OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Japan Regionals Empty Japan Regionals

Post by OptimusYale Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:23 am

Everyday I check out shriek, I don;t know why but I enjoy just looking at whats happening in the OCG compared to the TCG and to be honest, it seems like a totally different type of game compared to the TCG. The TCG is currently dominated by Sabers and Blackwings, and although Blackwings do dominate the OCG too, there are some strange decks which find themselves winning things or at least getting to the top 8. I just thought for those of you who don't check shriek, I'll write a little article about the Japan regionals which were hosted last month.

Japan East

Japan East was a pretty regular tournament. Out of 72 participants, the top 4 decks were as such:

Blackwing
    Blackwing
    Perfect Declarer (angel ceremony)
    Infernities

Now infernities have been ripping up life over the waters for sometime. They regularly take top spots in tournaments and do well against all kinds of decks. Of course they revolve a little around luck, but what kind of decks dont? and BW's taking the top spots is pretty damn usual too, we all know how powerful those blighters are and how annoying it can be to constantly face one. Howerever what is interesting is perfect declarer finishing 3rd. In case your not sure what it is, its Herald of Perfection's japanese name. Using a ritual monster in todays meta's seems crazy but this deck managed it! Unfortunately, theres no deck list for me to analyse for it, so I'll just do a small discussion about the card.

Faries are pretty damn good. They boast high attack powers and their effects are pretty damn nice! Herald of perfection is no different however it's attack is pretty low!

Herald of Perfection
    Level 6: 1800/2800
    This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card, "Dawn of the Herald". When your opponent activates a Spell Card, Trap Card, or Effect Monster's effect, you can send 1 Fairy-Type monster from your hand to the Graveyard to negate the activation and destroy that card.

Having this monster on the field, with a hand full of faries means that your opponent cannot destroy your cards by effects, and with this card boasting a huge defense, it seems your opponent will have a hard time clearing your field of anything, meaning you can lock your opponent while you systematically work a way of killing of his lifepoints (Be it high attack or even burn cards). I must say I am intrigued at running a deck of this type just because of the control you can have with it! That said, summoning it could be a pain in the ass, plus you will lose hand advantage quickly if your opponent decides just to magic rush you to try and kill it (using multiple copies of fissure and smashing ground will cause you to spam your faries to the grave).

Anyways on to the other region, which I find most fascinating!

Japan West

The top 8, yes I'm looking at top 8 here, only shows 1 BW deck. The top 8 are as follows:

Machina-gadget
    Debris-dandy
    Gravekeepers cat
    Frognarch
    Light dual
    BW
    Bamboo(natural bamboo shoot)
    Perfect declarer

Spoiler:

The lack of BW's, and the fact there are a lot of different deck types means that the japs are trying to be more creative than simply running the meta. The machina's deck has the usual mach element but also runs DD warrior lady, snowman eater and DD crow....it's a pretty pro deck looking at it!
    http://shriek.twoday.net/stories/6409664/#one

I think this deck is one of my favorites of the tournament, with probably the perfect side deck for this meta. Consecrated lights in 3's in case your opponent uses BW's, dust chute etc etc...its a perfect deck (IMO) which isn't meta in any way!

Second place went to debris dandy...a deck which has showed its ugly head in both OCG and TCG, but is still a refreshing deck none the less due to the fact it isn't BW or LS! Obviously the focus of the deck is tuning, and in the OCG with Trishula lurking around, its a pretty sweet set up!

Anyways, I thought it would be intriguing for you guys to see what happened over there, and the machina gadgets is definately a deck to try out yourself!

laters all
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Japan Regionals Empty Re: Japan Regionals

Post by Gothicmess Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:00 am

3 DD Crow is ownage for most meta decks I'll give you that, the deck was very well thought to begin with, deck thins real nice, Spell for monster removal and Fortress for a 1 hit and run per turn,so I really can see why this deck toped, would kill most decks, would fail against rouge decks though.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:01 am

You say that but he beat debris dandy's in the final and they're pretty rogue Razz
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:05 am

Dandy is a common card, hence why DD Crow killed it.

Debris targets in the grave, DD Crow again, so only real "beaters" were Mystic tomato and Sangan, not really a good way to go.

After those 2 monsters and Dandy were gone he can only resort to defense, and thats not gonna be enough to beat a Gadget deck, or any deck o.o
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:10 am

Naturia Bamboo Shoot (Japan Name) -> Naturia Bamboochute (English Name)

And yeah, it's an overly good card (not broken because it's not splashable xD)

Actually, Herald of Perfection deck has always made it into top 8 in the recent TCG tournaments since it has been released Razz I think we'll see more of it in the upcoming events Wink

I sometimes read shriek too and one deck often comes in the top decks that has yet appeared in TCG, Hero Beat (maybe Light Dual in your article). Elemental Hero deck with LIGHT monsters and sometimes Snowman Eater splashed in = Awesome abuse of Elemental Hero The Shining + Elemental Hero Absolute Zero. Interested in building this when The Shining comes out xD

Other than that, how fare Scrap decks do in OCG? I'm very interested in that deck Razz
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 am

havent seen any scrap decks and to be honest that machinas deck was the first one I saw winning tournaments. I'm not sure if people have fully worked out how to utilize them!
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:27 am

Just saw the Machina build. I can relate to him a little by not running Machina Peacekeeper, Scrap Recycler, and other extra stuffs cause I don't run them too xD Seems to be a neat build with more stun cards than the usual Machina build, that's prolly it fares well (although maining 3 Crows is a bit overkill to me).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:29 am