Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

5 posters

Darksoul Semi-Official Ruling

FinasLionheart
    FinasLionheart

Male Posts : 50
    Speed Credits : 45

Darksoul Semi-Official Ruling Empty Darksoul Semi-Official Ruling

Post by FinasLionheart Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:02 pm

XX-Saber Darksoul
    Code:
    If this card you control is sent to the Graveyard, during the End Phase you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster from your Deck to your hand.

New Semi-Official Ruling
    - You get to search once for each time it is sent to the Graveyard.
    - The effect activates and resolves when the card you control is sent to the Graveyard.
    - Adding 1 “X-Saber” monster to your hand does not start a Chain and still happens even if Darksoul isn’t in the Graveyard.

Suppose the new ruling will be officially applied later, I have some questions that I want to ask:

Does the decision to add the card is selected when it is sent to the Graveyard (making Darksoul effect activation optional and can misstiming when being used for synchro/tribute summon) or during the end phase (making Darksoul effect activation mandatory)?
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Darksoul Semi-Official Ruling Empty Re: Darksoul Semi-Official Ruling

Post by vem123 Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:04 pm

during the End Phase you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster from your Deck to your hand.

I think the choice is made during the End Phase because of the wording
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:42 pm

Since I haven't seen any official ruling about this, I can't be sure, BUT :

Since it activates and resolves in the graveyard, but it says "During the End Phase you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster from your Deck to your hand." I believe that he will activate when sent to the graveyard and you will decide whether to add a Saber monster to your hand or not at the End Phase. It also says that adding 1 "X-Saber" monster to your hand doesn't start a chain and still happens if Darksoul isn't in the grave, and that's because the effect activates when Darksoul is sent to the grave.

Ok, I got confused myself, but I believe this is pretty much how it works. Though as I said above, I'm not sure because I haven't seen any ruling Smile
    Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Post by Ruby Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:35 pm

You target and add the card at ep,
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:22 pm

Lets look at the text and understand what is happening:

"If this card you control is sent to the Graveyard,..."

If the card gets sent to the Graveyard while you control it, this part of the effect activates and resolves immediately, think of it as a mandatory Trigger Effect because nothing really happens that is optional until the End Phase. Think of it as: If I am sent to the Graveyard i will activate.

"...during the End Phase you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster from your Deck to your hand."

Now the optional part of the effect comes into play. The effect already activated and resolved, leaving a lingering effect until the End Phase. Once you enter the End Phase, you can then decide if you want to add an X-Saber or not.

So XX-Saber Darksoul cannot miss the timing since he is not an optional trigger effect. He is in fact mandatory that activates and resolves, leaves behind a lingering effect, and then allows you to decide in the End Phase whether you want a card or not.
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:34 pm

@ Det

Indeed, that's the word that I couldn't remember!

Lingering Effects Very Happy

Same goes for Final Countdown, I think there was a question about Final Countdown, if the countdown will stop the turn you play Cold Wave.
    FinasLionheart
    FinasLionheart

Male Posts : 50
    Speed Credits : 45

Post by FinasLionheart Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Wew, that means Darksoul is getting better and better. I lost my bet against Hyaweh Suspect Thanx for the answer, you can close this now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 am