Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

2 posters

Deck Engine's List

SabreW
    SabreW

Male Posts : 35
    Speed Credits : 207

Deck Engine's List Empty Deck Engine's List

Post by SabreW Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:21 am

Some of you may know, but I'm not that good of a deck builder. Sure, I make some interesting deck that you may like. But I realize that most of them are missing something that I think I need to actually win. I thought that was the right engine to steer them towards W's instead of L's. So I found a list of Deck Engines online that I might want to use and was hoping you guys could help me fill in the blanks if there are any. I'm hoping that together, with this list, a lot of good decks could be made and used.

Legend:

Engine Types:
    DR - "Draw Engine": As it says. Always considered DT, and can also be GY or HA with distinction that you actually draw from the deck.
    DT - "Deck Thinning": Searching, Summoning from the deck, etc., not counting drawing.
    FP - "Field Presence": Swarming in general, as well as getting more cards on the field than your opponent
    GY - "Graveyard Control": Locking the GY or using elements that utilize the GY to generate an advantage, like the other types here.
    HA - "Hand Advantage": Related to DR and DT but also includes adding cards to your hand that don't necessarily come from the deck.
    OTK - "Aggressive": Dealing a lot of damage in general, not necessarily a One-Turn Kill as the name implies but could build up to it.
    QS - "Quick Synchro": As it says. A form of FP that focuses on Synchroing (possibly among other advantages).
    RFG - "Remove from Game": A type of GY control by preventing cards from reaching it.
    ST - "Stall Tactics": As it says, via attack nullification through effects or monsters that don't get destroyed by battle, lifepoint gain, etc. and the repeated use of these cards.

For Card Counts:
    • *: Optional Cards
    • X+: At least X copy(s) of the card
    • X+*: Optional card at X copy(s) to be usefull

1) Destiny Hero Engine - DR/QS/GY/DT - A flawless engine in my opinion that gives you excellent draw power. It really serves the purpose of either Tribute Summoning or Synchro Summoning, revolving around Destiny Hero Malicious - Removing him from the graveyard and grabbing a free one from the deck. Of course there are side purposes, like using Destiny Hero Plasma, etc. but this is mostly the main goal.
    Now, with the release of Elemental Hero - Absolute Zero, this is the best engine to use as it can easily load up the GY with enough D-Heroes.

EDIT: With the advent of the March 2010 Banlist, this engine may face difficulties of being consistent, with both draw cards reduced to one copy each.
    • (1) Elemental Hero Stratos
    • (2) Destiny Hero Malicious
    • (1+*) Destiny Hero Plasma
    • (1+*) Destiny Hero Diamond Dude
    • (1+*) Destiny Hero Fear Monger
    • (1+*) Destiny Hero Dasher

• (1) Destiny Draw
    • (1) Reinforcement of the Army
    • (1) Allure of Darkness
    • (1*) Scapegoat
    • (1+*) Trade-In (# of Lv. 8 D-Heros/3)

2) Monk's the Way to Go - QS/FP/DT - Dominant in the last format, Summoner Monk is crippled with it being Limited to 1. However, it still opens many great options, giving you the options of vast numbers of Level 4s in your deck and swarms nicely.
    • (1) Summoner Monk
    • (1+*) Rose, Warrior of Revenge
    • (1+) Flamvell Magician
    • (1+) Mystic Tomato

3) The 'Sworns - DT/FP/GY/OTK - An aggressive set of Lightsworn cards to help mill. Has quite a large amount of cards to support this engine, while helping fill up the GY quickly for explosive plays.
    • (1*) Jain, Lightsworn Warrior
    • (2+) Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
    • (2+) Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
    • (1+) Celestia, Lightsworn Angel
    • (1) Plaguespreader Zombie
    • (2*) Honest

• (1) Charge of the Light Brigade
    • (2+) Solar Recharge

4) Feathers of Doom! - FP/QS/OTK - Now you can add the speed of Blackwings to your deck. Simply throw in the base skeleton and still expect great results. Powerful card advantages, swarming, DARK and Wing-Beast types give them access to a variety of support.
    • (3) Blackwing - Shura the Blue Flame
    • (1) Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
    • (1) Blackwing - Mistral the Silver Shield
    • (1) Blackwing - Blizzard the Far North
    • (1*) Blackwing - Sirocco the Dawn
    • (1*) Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow
    • (1*) Dark Armed Dragon

• (1) Allure of Darkness
    • (1+) Icarus Attack

5) Feathers of Doom 2! - FP/QS - Another variation of using BWs as a Synchro Engine. Note that Grepher can kill your hand really fast and BWs already do enough of that, so be careful. You can mix up the cards here and from the previous engine to your liking as they are mostly related.
    • (2+) Blackwing Vayu
    • (2+) Blackwing Sirrocco
    • (1+*) Blackwing Elphin
    • (1+) Dark Grepher

• (1+*) Foolish Burial
    • (1) Allure of Darkness
    • (1) Burial from a Different Dimension

6) Night of the Undead! - FP/QS/GY - One of the best engines out there in my opinion. Gives you +1's and easy Synchros! However, note that because of Zombie Master, you will get -1's from your hand.
    • (1+) Zombie Master
    • (1) Plaguespreader Zombie
    • (2*) Pyramid Turtle
    • (2) Goblin Zombie
    • (1) Mezuki
    • (1) Spirit Reaper
    • (2) Mystic Tomato

• (1) Allure of Darkness
    • (1*) Burial from a Different Dimension

7) The Weak Will Lead the Strong! - FP/DR/GY - With numerous amounts of strong Level 6 Dragon Syncros, Debris Dragon is hot off for a Tier 1 Deck. Summoning it will Special Summon a low Level monster from your graveyard, setting up for Synchro Summoning.
    • (2+) Debris Dragon
    • (2) Dandylion
    • (2*) Treeborn Frog
    • (2+*) Snowman Eater
    • (2+*) Lonefire Blossom

• (2+) Pot of Avarice
    • (1*) Foolish Burial

8 ) The Spies! - FP/DT/ST - Simply gives field presence and opens your opponent's field. Highly preferred for multiple Synchro-ing in one turn or for Monarch decks. Because of their high defence and stupendous +1's, I think that this engine is superior than most except the "Dark Armed Dragon" engine.
    • (2+*) Gravekeeper's Spy
    • (1+*) Gravekeeper's Guard
    • (1+) Gravekeeper's Descendant

9) HOT HOT HOT! - HA/FP - Useful for decks that require a lot of discarding. A 1900 ATK beatstick doesn't hurt either.
    • (3) Volcanic Rocket
    • (3) Volcanic Shell
    • (1*) Summoner Monk

• (1+) Blaze Accelerator

10) You Can Do Magic! - HA/FA/QS - Noted as a big engine that roamed four to five years ago, this particular one gives you great hand advantage with Crystal Seer, field advantage with the Apprentice Magicians, and Synchros with Night End Sorcerer!
    • (3) Apprentice Magician
    • (2) Night End's Sorcerer
    • (2) Old Vindictive Magician

• (2+) Creature Swap

11) DIVA DIVA DIVA! - FP/QS/DT - Recently selected as one of the MOST EFFICIENT engines, the DIVA DIVA DIVA substitutes the old Emergency Teleport Engine. You simply summon one and special summon the exact copy from your deck, allowing for either 2 synchro monsters, or a "build up" and end up with one, yet stronger monster. The PSZ can help put a second copy back to the top of the deck.
    • (2+) Deep Sea Diva
    • (1+*) Spined Gillman
    • (1*) Plaguespreader Zombie

12) Gear Me Up! - FP/OTK/DT - An easy of summoning a 3000 ATK beatstick out of nowhere, and can be quite a deterrent for S/T removals.
    • (1+*) Ancient Gear Gadjiltron Dragon
    • (2*) Minefieldriller

• (3) Geartown
    • (2+) Trade-In
    • (2*) Gaia Power

13) Time to Turn up the Heat! - OTK - Easy 1000 LP of damage, half of which are on legs, which is surely comboable (and good for protecting the LPs). Already fits nicely in Burn decks, especially with stall.
    • (3) Fire Trooper
    • (3) Mecha-Dog Marron
    • (1) Sangan
    • (2*) Mask of Darkness

• (1+) Inferno Reckless Summon
    • (1*) Foolish Burial

• (1+) Limit Reverse

14) Machines into the Different Dimension! - DR - An abuseable combo, Machine Duplication can hit a various amount of targets that can be an effective draw engine. Some of the cards can obviously only work in decks with Tuners.
    • (3) Cyber Valley
    • (3*) Tuningware
    • (3*) Darksea Rescue

• (1) One for One
    • (1+) Machine Duplication
    • (1+*) De-Synchro

• (1*) Return from the Different Dimension

15) Perfect Freeze! - OTK/FP/QS - The idea of this is summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero via Miracle fusion or Future Fusion and then making a combo to Tribute Summon Caius, The Shadow Monarch to remove a card of the back row and all monsters on opponent side of the field. Deep Sea Diva also opens the engine to the Destiny Synchro Path giving the posibility to have 1+ synchro monster and 1+ Elemental Hero Absolute Zero in one turn. (Cookie to who gets the name reference)
    • (2+) Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
    • (1) Elemental Hero Stratos
    • (2*) Caius, the Shadow Monarch
    • (1*) Mobius, the Frost Monarch
    • (5+) Elemental/Destiny/Evil Hero(s)
    • (2+) Water Type monsters
    • (2+) Deep Sea Diva
    • (2*) Treeborn Frog

• (2+) Miracle Fusion
    • (1) Reinforcement of the Army
    • (1*) Future Fusion
    • (1+*) Burial from a Different Dimension
    • (1*) Foolish Burial

16) Flamvell Engine - OTK/FP/QS - Most experts know how powerful this engine can get to be. This engine focuses on summoning the Flamvells and either swarming and attacking with Firedog, or Synchro Summoning with Magician.
    • (3) Flamvell Magician
    • (3) Flamvell Firedog

• (2) Rekindling
    • (2) Spiritual Fire Art - Kurenai

17) Synchro Cat - FP/OS - One of the easier and more popular Synchro Engines. Summon Rescue Cat. Use its effect to summon two Airbellum's. Synchro for two Synchro Monsters. Simple. More tournaments than I care to count have been won thanks to this engine in the past (Unfortunately, thanks to He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named, this engine can only be used in casual play now). (R.I.P. Rescue Cat =^.^=)
    • (1) Rescue Cat
    • (2+) X-Saber Airbellum
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Deck Engine's List Empty Re: Deck Engine's List

Post by Aludra Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:54 am

Very good articles,
    thx I learn a lot Smile

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:23 am