Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

2 posters

JurracVell :D

LightOfLife
    LightOfLife

Male Posts : 163
    Speed Credits : 419
    GMT : +1

JurracVell :D Empty JurracVell :D

Post by LightOfLife Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:48 pm

I decided to make a deck combining Jurrac with another archetype that they work well with, Flamvell. Here's the list, I'll explain a bit about it afterwards if you aren't familiar with the deck type..

Monsters (17)

Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness

3x Jurrac Guaiba
    3x Jurrac Dino
    3x Jurrac Aelo
    3x Flamvell Firedog
    2x Flamvell Magician
    Flamvell Poun
    Kinka-Byo

Spells (15)

3x Fossil Dig
    3x Book of Moon
    3x Rekindling
    Heavy Storm
    Mystical Space Typhoon
    Giant Trunade
    Cold Wave
    One for One

Traps (Cool

2x Trap Stun
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole
    Mirror Force
    Solemn Judgement
    Torrential Tribute
    Call of the Haunted

Extra Deck (15)

3x Jurrac Gigianoto <--- BOSS
    Mist Wurm
    Stardust Dragon
    Colossal Fighter
    Thought Ruler Archfiend
    Black Rose Dragon
    X-Saber Urbellum
    Goyo Guardian
    Brionoc, Dragon of the Ice Barrer
    Ally of Justice Catastor
    Magical Android
    Jurrac Velphito
    Armory Arm

You may be wondering, where are some of the other Jurrac monsters? In this type of build, the better higher level Jurracs such as Titano and Herra aren't needed, they don't fit. Ptera and Stauriko, although also good, are too passive as this build is clearly aggro oriented. As for Velo, he suffers from the same problem as Bird of Roses. His effect is too easy to get around. Plus, this deck has more than enough searching power already via Fossil Dig, Firedog, Guaiba and Poun.

Some people may overlook the fact that Aeolo has 200 Defense, giving it synergy with Poun, Firedog and Rekindling. Not coincidently, Aeolo is the star of this deck. I search him out early and often, looking to get him in the Graveyard to set up Rekindling plays. Kinka-Byo is used here obviously to revive a fallen Aeolo, which can then be tributed for Guaiba or Dino depending on what I need. There are a lot of combinations you can pull off with this deck leading to numerous Syncrho Summons. A mid game Rekindling + One for One in hand can spell game.

Heavy, Trunade, Cold Wave and the two Trap Stun are here to make sure I get my attacks through. Book of Moon at three is a staple, as it helps you run over larger monsters with Firedog and specifically Guaiba and Dino. I originally ran Shrink, but had to make room. I'm debating incorporating them again. Lastly, having the ability to have three Reinforcements of the Army for Dinosaurs in the form of Fossil Dig allows me to run a lower monster count.

The deck was a lot of fun to create and is even more fun to run. It clearly isn't a top tier deck, as it has some pretty bad match ups with the more commonly seen decks. It also has a bit of trouble recovering after losing momentum. The plus side is, once you do start gaining momentum, the deck becomes rather hard to stop. You can definitely take some people by surprise. As always I'm looking forward to hear the communities opinions on the deck and what they would add/change. Thanks for looking ^^.

Male Posts : 13
    Speed Credits : 0

JurracVell :D Empty Re: JurracVell :D

Post by Quickstrike1991 Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 pm

its alright, but I could find better options for Aeolo. If you decide to use Aeolo as the star of the deck why don't you try something like getting Aeolo among other Jurracs to the graveyard then summon Jurrac Meteor. There are many ways to get Meteor out and he wipes the field. Combine that with Spiritual fire art- Kurenai and not only are you wiping the field clean, but also doing 2800 LP damage.

Now here is where Aeolo comes in, Meteor can get any Tuner back onto the field essentially giving you a free hit. combine that with Rekindling and you get +3 Aeolo on the field, then use their effects to get any Jurrac you want that is lvl 4 stars or lower and swing for game.

1700+1700+1700+2800 = 7900LP damage. and this isn't including other potential cards that can be played before the battle phase (solidarity if you run pure dinosaur) or cards your opponent has used (Solemn Judgement. Solemn Warning).

I would also like to talk about Kinka-byo, I never really found him all that great. with 3 rekindling, call of the Haunted, Monster Reborn or Jurrac Meteor; Aeolo can come out instantly.I would also suggest running a foolish burial if you want rekindling's effect to come sooner.

I find Velo to be a great card in any Jurrac themed deck, unlike Guaiba you will get a monster once he is destroyed, potentially protecting you from direct damage with the next monster your opponent has. Guaiba will only benefit you once he destroys a monster and He can be just as easy to get around as Velo.

You also have to remember that Cold Wave and Heavy Storm is Banned. I would like to say this would be good in traditional, but with 3 book of moons, you could not even play that. I suggest removing cold wave and two books for another Mystical Space Typhoon, 2 shrinks to protect your monsters (as well as using shrink to take advantage of Guaiba's effect on their turn ), and perhaps a smashing ground or Enemy controller in exchange for the Heavy Storm.

All in all it needs some serious revamping and I know you can make it into a truly threatening deck with modifications. Hope this helps.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm