Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+5
xcross21
WilBer
Yuri Bakura
The Detonator
DanceJonDance
9 posters

March 2010 Banlist Predictions

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

March 2010 Banlist Predictions Empty March 2010 Banlist Predictions

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:03 pm

As you all know Konami updates the Yu-Gi-Oh ban list every six months--the ban list takes effect in September, and March--which means that we are getting close to the next ban list from jolly old Konami. Here are my predictions on what will be gone, what will get limited, what may come back, and who will get screwed. (Remember, these are my predictions, and I'm basing this off the stuff I know from real life dueling as well as other people's opinions, and what I made of everything I've gathered so far.)

Let's start off with what will get banned. I personally believe that not too much will get banned, except for Brain Control. A lot of people also speculate that this card will get banned and with good reason. This card is currently banned in The TCG Pegasus League, and usually whatever they ban, will get banned in the overall ban list the next time it comes around. I think Brain Control will get banned because with synchro summoning as the main strategy to win a duel, Brain Control has been at its peak. With all the high attack monsters with their crazy effects running around the field, you can usually be sure that if you save this card until the end you will usually win. Your opponents may have full control of the field, and you draw brain control to screw their strategy up, and win the game. This card is way too broken in this format, and it will probably go.

On to Limited cards. I think the decks that will be affected the most by Limits will be Lightsworns, and Zombies because they've been so big right now, and there's really nothing out there to stop them. Here's my take on how limits will affect LS: First on the List Judgment Dragon... for obvious reasons. When it's special summon you can pop the entire field. With JD at two, it's just too much OTK; you can special summon a JD, pop the field, special summon another JD, summon a monster and go for the game, there's no real strategy in this and the card is way too broken. I'm surprised it wasn't hit before, and I think it's been lucky to stay off the Limited list for as long as it has, but I think this time around Konami will cut the wings off JD. The next card that I think will be limited is Beckoning Light . In my opinion, this is the best card in a Lightsworn deck, and that's why i think it should go to one. If you draw this card within the first few turns, then you can pretty much toy with your opponent and set up for the win by milling out a good chunk of your deck, and setting beckoning light, after that you activate it to get back double JDs, Luminas, Honests, etc. and just OTK the next turn. The last card that I think is going to get hit that will affect Lightsworns is Charge of the Light Brigade. I think this card should be limited because Reinforcement of the Army is at one, and it only makes sense to make this card go to one as well because charge is so much better than ROTA because it sends the top three cards from your deck to the grave, and you could send wulfs, necros, plaguespreaders, and you just gain so much advantage with Charge because it speeds up Lightsworn decks better than any other card.

Now let's move on to how limits will affect Zombies. The most obvious limit will be Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier. If you guys think this card is broken when you play a zombie deck in KCVDS then you don't know the reason why zombies are so big. Believe it or not, this card is not on the ban list at all! I don't know why KCVDS has it limited at one--I guess Seto saw this limit coming from a mile away, and decided to just get it over with early. Let me draw you a picture of how Brionac works outside of KCVDS, you bottomless your opponent's brionac, and two turns later he brings out another one and OTKs you by sending Mezukis to the grave. In KCVDS we've gotten used to saving our bottomless for Brionac--at least that's what I do when I face zombies--but in real life there's really no way to stop Brionac and zombies, which is why Konami has to step in and limit Brionac, if they don't then god help us all. Next card on the list will be Goblin Zombie. I don't think Konami is looking to kill zombies with the ban list, but I do think they are looking to slow down the deck, and putting Goblin Zombie at one will definitely slow down the deck a lot. There will still be ways to get him out with cards like Pyramid Turtle, and Mystic Tomato, but having it at two is just too good of a set-up because it increases your chances of drawing it in the first turn and setting up for the Brionac >Goblin Zombie> Mezuki loop. Next on the list is card that nobody really pays too much attention to, but is definitely one of the best tuners out right now is Deep Sea Diva and it should probably get limited. When you summon this card you can special summon another level three or lower sea-serpent monster--usually another diva. This card is so dangerous because it's a little like an Emergency Teleport without the Emergency Teleport. You can summon it, synchro summon with one for a level six, then synchro summon with the other one to bring out your stardusts, etc. Last card for zombies that I think will get hit is Burial from a Different Dimension. I don't think Konami is going to be touching Mezuki, and if they're not then they should definitely limit this card so people can't abuse mezuki like they have been doing for a while. With this list zombies will definitely be slowed down, but I don't think people will stop playing them. I just think it will force people to build more old school zombie decks with Zombie Masters, Book of Life, and other zombie support cards.

The only card I see getting Semi-Limited, and making a come back, is Solemn Judgment. I think this card was limited to make Lightsworns the top deck for the past six months because with only one solemn it was very hard to get it, and you couldn't really protect your Light Imprisonment Mirrors or Royal Oppressions that would shut down Lightsworns so well in the last format. Putting it back up to two will make people play more cautiously knowing that their opponent might have a Solemn face down making them unable to make the plays they want to make. I think putting it back at two will have a definite impact on the format. I doubt they will put it back at three though because three was absolutely amazing, and that old saying that goes 'you don't really know what you got until is gone' really hit us once they took Solemn away.

Some cards that may come out of the ban list are: Neo Spacian Grand Mole, and Advanced Ritual Art. I think Neo-Spacian could really represent a challenge to synchros, and with Stardust Overdrive Konami is trying to give life to Rituals so it only makes sense that they take this card off the ban list. These are just speculations, and I don't really wanna get too much into why I think they will come out of the ban list, but don't take my word for any of this as I am not Konami, and I can't read the future Razz.

This new ban list will probably screw Lightsworns big time, and if they don't then I'm not sure what else players can do to stop LS. There is also some speculation that Vayu will get Limited, or Semi-Limited. I personally think three Vayus is a lot, unless you're running Vayu Turbo, and Limiting it would probably be too harsh of a move to slow down Blackwings, and Semi-Limiting it would probably be the best way to go, but I honestly don't think they will touch him. There is also speculation going around that Black Whirlwind will get Semi-Limited. I was honestly surprised that it didn't get affected by the last ban list, and it wouldn't surprise me to see it go down to two, but I just don't think Blackwings are too much of a threat right now to take away whirlwind, but Konami is sneaky and you never know what they're going to ban.

Conclusion:

Forbidden:
    Brain Control

Limited:
    Judgment Dragon
    Beckoning Light
    Charge of the Light Brigade
    Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
    Goblin Zombie
    Deep Sea Diva
    Burial from a Different Dimension

Semi-Limited
    Solemn Judgment

No Longer on List:
    Neo Spacian Grand Mole
    Advanced Ritual Art

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:32 am; edited 1 time in total
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

March 2010 Banlist Predictions Empty Re: March 2010 Banlist Predictions

Post by The Detonator Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:26 pm

Nice article you have a lot there that i agree with.

I didn't know Brionac wasn't limited :O wow good on kaiba for saving us all there.
    Neo-Spaciam Grand Mole will wreck Rituals too so I don't think they will touch him. Apart from that, it would be good to see what you have put up come into effect.

When does this come out? First of March??

--The Detonator--
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:28 am

I think it's march 1st, it usually is the first of the month.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

Post by Yuri Bakura Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:59 am

Hope that will happen xD neo grand mole will no longer at the list, then my deck will be strong xD
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:10 am

hmm sorry but i got his extra

No Longer Limited

Treeborn Frog
    Neo-spacian Grand Mole
    Advanced Ritual Art
    Smashing Ground
    Bottomless Trap Hole
    Ultimate Offering

Semi-Limit

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
    Black Whirlwind
    Solar Recharge
    Honest
    Cyber Dragon
    Destiny Draw
    Gladiator Beast Bestiari

omg how can i do LS or Zombie i think -.- its crushed

and ._. neo spacian unlimited is really -.- that annoying card
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

Post by xcross21 Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:53 pm

Well everyone has their own opinion for instance I think theres no way in haydes that smashing ground will off the limit list I mean come on it was limited for a reason unlike its opposite companion fissure smashign destros the monster with highest def which most of the time means monsters with high att as well while fissure just eff monsters with lowest att.

Ultimate Offering well if that would be taken off the limit list along with treeborn it would give monarchs a boost among other types such as LaDD.

and finally my opinion goes to black whirlwind first..havent blackwigns been tortured enough XD and with blackwings swarming abilty with their special summoning true it would be easy to get gale with it for synchros but you wont find much normal summoning in a BW deck I mean if one is on the field already a swarm fest would ust happen XD
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:22 am

WilliamBerlin wrote:hmm sorry but i got his extra

No Longer Limited

Treeborn Frog
    Neo-spacian Grand Mole
    Advanced Ritual Art
    Smashing Ground
    Bottomless Trap Hole
    Ultimate Offering

Semi-Limit

Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
    Black Whirlwind
    Solar Recharge
    Honest
    Cyber Dragon
    Destiny Draw
    Gladiator Beast Bestiari

omg how can i do LS or Zombie i think -.- its crushed

and ._. neo spacian unlimited is really -.- that annoying card

I've seen this list going around several places. It's based off a ban list that took place in the OCG, however the ogc is completely different than the TCG. Although often the ban lists are similar, it's not certain that this will be the official ban list.

Tree born frog at three is certifiably insane. It's like the ultimate defense, and ultimate food offering for cards like LaDD, and the forgotten Perfect Circle. I definitely see monarchs making a come back, and with the new booster pack Ultimate Powerforce, don't count Gravekeepers out.

This ban list is definitely trying to slow down the insanely fast game pace the game took with cards like black whirlwind, goblin zombie, and charge of the light brigade. It will be interesting what the actual list will be, and what will make a come back.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:10 am

DM's and toons to make a comeback!!!!!!

Nah seriously I can see JD either limited or banned

Goyo banned

Brionac banned

Honnest Semi Limited

Bestari semi limited

Those are my 3 cents Razz
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

Post by xcross21 Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:32 am

I agree with you on honest, JD and goyo but brionac if it would were to be put on the ban list it would be limited because I dont see it being banned for its effect.and Bestiari well true that would help GBs get back on their feet but what wouldduelists who duel against them do to deserve to face two of em XD
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:16 am

I dunno. Thats just what I heard that he's coming to 2. And 2 ain't that powerful, I think 2 would make glad beasts on par with Blackwings. But if ultimate offering came out unlimited then I would reconsider. Imagine the possibilities of control by summoning 3 glads on your first turn...Would be godly!
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:52 am

keep in mind that blackwings also rely heavily on the power of normal summoning along with black whirlwind so if ultimate offering goes to three, it would mean incredibly crazy swarming with blackwings. If you can manage to pull out a sirocco, offering, and whirlwind while your opponent has a monster on his side.. might as well call it game. The problem with GBs is that they don't have too much to give them hand avantage so a card like torrential, mirror, etc. would easily mess up a GB strategy especially since solemn is at 1.

I don't think any synchros will get hit with a ban, the only synchro that was godly was dark strike, and Konami got rid of him fast so Goyo, and Brionac are safe, but limited. I forgot to mention in my article the third meta going around right now which I think will probably get hit with the ban list pretty harshly.

Of course I'm talking about the Absolute Zero deck because that thing is just way too broken, and AZ needs to get banned if not limited. He is ridiculously easy to bring out and his effect is WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too broken. He has a lot of support from water cards, and it puts opponent's in horrible situations once that thing makes its way into the field. So I think he will get hit with a ban or limit, and Miracle Fusion will get hit with a limit.

(For those of you who only play KCVDS, and don't know what an Absolute Zero deck is let me give you a brief explanation.)
    Deck basically consists of one half water monsters, and the other half being some elemental heroes, and the destiny engine. Staple traps, and fusion spells such as miracle fusion, future fusion, etc.
    You ask why would anyone run a deck like this, well let me introduce you guys to Elemental Hero Absolute Zero:
    Spoiler:
    As you can see he is way too broken. Incredibly easy to bring out, incredible effect which will make your opponent think twice about bottomless, mirror, torrential, phoenix wing wind blast, brionac, pretty much ANYTHING that will remove it from the field will mess you up, and he definitely needs to get hit with the ban list.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:11 am

He seems worthy of getting banhammered all the way to next week. Whilst we're at it ban the rest of E-heros...they're overly supported and mainly useless...it will stop MANY noobs playing E-hero's too look cool when really they fail hard!
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:33 am

The only elemental heroes worthwhile right now is absolute zero, and stratos. They're mainly good because they works with destiny, and evil heroes :\ so yeah I agree: Elemental Heroes blow.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:05 am

Its annoying when someone goes hah I got my e heros....then you pwn them with a deck straight out the structure deck...its only fun the first few times!
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Sun Feb 14, 2010 3:04 pm

Forbidden :

Dark Armed Dragon : He is ways too Strong. If Hes on the field then he can destroy everything similar to Raigeki and Harpies Feather Duster.

Mind Control : Some people may ask : Why not Brain Control. Theres a good reason. You dont have to to pay. The other reason is that you can take face down monsters.

Mirror Force : Well, this card was 124081230 times in the banlist. Its a very powerful card.

Limited :

Judgment Dragon : Judgment Dragons can really really suck, hes very strong and hes quite easy to summon. Ls need to be slowed down.

Painful Choice : I just want this card back Very Happy. In the past this card was oberpowered and now it should be a bit more overpowered Very Happy

Hmm gonna add more later dont have time Very Happy
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't think DAD will get on the ban list. He is indeed strong, but he is way too situational. Unlike raigeki, and duster his summoning requirement, requires you to think about what's going on in your grave and is not like ban raigeki your monsters are dead.

Mind Control is pretty harmless, not many people run it simply because it's only good for synchro summoning where Brain Control is a game changer, and wins games.

Mirror Force: With this gone, there wouldn't be that many cards left to protect your cards and people would start using sakuretsu armors, dimensional prisons, etc o.o. A lot of people know hot to prepare for a mirror force so I definitely don't see it as too much of a threat, and will probably stay out of the forbidden area for a bit longer.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:39 pm

DanceJonDance wrote:
    Tree born frog at three is certifiably insane. It's like the ultimate defense, and ultimate food offering for cards like LaDD, and the forgotten Perfect Circle. I definitely see monarchs making a come back, and with the new booster pack Ultimate Powerforce, don't count Gravekeepers out.

No, because his effect cant be activated if treeborn Frog is on the field Wink
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:57 pm

I was the first to call brain control was gonz get banned D: just predicted the wrong format ;D
    FinasLionheart
    FinasLionheart

Male Posts : 50
    Speed Credits : 45

Post by FinasLionheart Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:29 am

lol at Deep Sea Diva predicted to be semi-limited Razz

EDIT: just realized it's March 2010 banlist prediction ><
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Anyway who using 3x Diva Very Happy TCG Ban List alomost like OCG Very Happy Bye byw Heavy Storm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:38 pm