Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
OptimusYale
Gothicmess
6 posters

Soul exchange, why this card is broken.

Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Soul exchange, why this card is broken. Empty Soul exchange, why this card is broken.

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:18 am

Most people don't see the potential of this card for assuming it's only purpose is for a tribute summon.

Lets get started. Soul exchange

has been under rated by far to long,
    for only a number of duelist know how
    to exploit and save this card for a crucial
    moment.
    It has the ability to go over almost any
    monster and effect in the game, on the
    counts that it does not destroy but tributes
    the opponents monster.

Say your opponent has the upper hand
    in field and hand control and you have
    only Cannon soldier and a soul exchange
    Soul exchange, why this card is broken. SoulExchangeSDRL-EN-C-1E
    in your hand, and your opponent has
    1000<, you win the game by tributing on
    of his and your own Cannon soldier, now
    if that doesn't give you a "cu-doz" I don't
    know what will :]

With the drawback of not being able to
    attack this turn, you can use this fairly
    good in a Rock deck, tribute Hi's monster
    for a Sphinx and start your defense and
    begin your opponents turn with a good
    defense setup <>

This card cant alone give you control of the field, it has no power by itself, you need something to tribute that monster with, so It's not compatible with all the decks out there IE: Ojama, GB.

But it can change the game around and in most of the times give you the win.

For example: In My Frog deck, if you summon Kinka Byo and use it's effect to Summon Substitoad, tribute your Treeborn for a Dupe Frog, use soul exchange on your opponents monster to tribute it with Substitoad for yet another Dupe frog, then tribute Substitoad for a Flip flop frog, now this gives you a defense only limited to, no attacks from your opponent, with aegis of the ocean dragon lord, it gives you protection agains, JD, Rose dragon and even Vortex.

This defense is only vulnerable against RFG effects like Chaos sorcerrer, or Caius effects, or tributing effects, such like Share the pain or Soul exchange, even Lava Golem and bounce effects. Wich is pretty limited considering the current meta strategies are not in the RFG aggressive side, and more on the swarming side IE: Mezuki, PSZ.

Now with all this said I hope more people will be aware of the hidden power of Soul exchange.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Soul exchange, why this card is broken. Empty Re: Soul exchange, why this card is broken.

Post by OptimusYale Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:16 am

It's a good card, but its not the greatest. You can't sync summon with it, you can't attack the turn its used. Its not agressive enough at all. It's good for stall, direct lp and lock decks, but anything else its pretty much a dead draw.
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

Soul exchange, why this card is broken. Empty Re: Soul exchange, why this card is broken.

Post by the jancok Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:50 am

I like that card so much in LADD deck Razz. Sometimes can dead draw but actually it's very very very helpfull.
    Dragoroosey
    Dragoroosey

Male Posts : 18
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Dragoroosey Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:39 am

well i had it in my dino beat down before the decks were erased. i used it alot and relied on it sometimes but i has cost me a dule or 2 because its a dead draw.
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:59 am

Well I do get what you see as a dead draw for some decks or if you rely on other means of getting your tribute costs met.

This card alone will not help you as I mentioned before, but it will help you get over almost any monster in this game.

I personally use it in My Frog deck only, Beast decks and Ojama don't really need it. You can abuse it in a Rock deck though.

The way I learned to use it, or more like incorporate it is, Mobius and Substitoad.

If I have neither I can always summon a Kinka byo for a substitoad for +2 cards and a line of defence to start with a good bounce back strategy.

There have been times where I have no way of using it at the moment, but if you waited out and have a consistant deck, I assure you, your gonna use it.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:39 am

This card, as you said, is great in more of a defensive deck rather than an offensive deck. Decsk like a rock bounce where you can tribute an opponents monster and set a Gaurdian Sphinx. Since you dont need to attack anyway, you have a set monster ready to clear your opponents field of monsters next turn instead.

Frog decks, again perfect, mainly due tothe fact that frogs are defenders, like substitoad who will set in defence and Special Summon other frogs by tributing things. Since your not going to attack with him the sure, just tribute an opponents monster. Personally, in a pure monarch deck, I believe Brain Control takes the cake as it will let you attack the same turn for more aggression at the cost of 800 Life Points.

Like i said though, in defensive decks, perfect. I might add this to my arsenal.

--The Detonator--
    Dragoroosey
    Dragoroosey

Post by Dragoroosey Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:41 am

O.o

a new card in detanators arsenal

watch out dark signers xD

i would add this card to my decks but i cant think of any cards i can remove xD
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:46 am

Ye listen to my Stardust to be Drago

Watch out or be ripped apart >:O

--The Detonator--
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:58 am

I do think it's already in your LaDD deck isn't it?

I would think that Treeborn and Soul exchange would be there for a combo for sure Deto.

Also, Pyro clock of destiny has a place in many decks, specially Soul exchange decks, but thats another topic later in the week
    Dragoroosey
    Dragoroosey

Post by Dragoroosey Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:01 pm

well i still enjoy soul exchange but i dont beleive its broken but it is a good card but it also has it bad side of bad draws so its 50/50 card
    Janembo
    Janembo

Male Posts : 294
    Speed Credits : 2900

Post by Janembo Wed May 05, 2010 7:06 am

I like soul exchange,Its excelent card for LADD and monarchs.I don't know why others don't use it(althogh for some decks other cards are better)but I like it since I can easyly get rid of treats AND summon monster what requier tribiute or use some eff what needs tribiute

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:59 pm