Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

TDA Quizzes: Week 2

The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

TDA Quizzes: Week 2 Empty TDA Quizzes: Week 2

Post by The Detonator Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:28 pm

TDA Quiz Week 2:
    Theme: Fusion Material monsters and Fusion Summoning.

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS TOPIC, YOU WILL RECIEVE A WARNING IF YOU DO SO

Anybody may participate in this event. You may use online resources such as yugioh.wikia and your KCVDS to read card effects and help you answer the questions. All answer are to be set out in the following way and PM'd to me in the TDA PM system:

Here's how your answer sheet should look like
    Spoiler:

If you want to add any additional comments to the quiz feel free to do so as I will read each one and appreciate the feedback. You might want to include questions you liked, questions you didn't like, what other type of questions you would like to see on the quiz etc. By next week I will release the results and let you know who the winner(s) are for the week as well as give you detailed answers for each question. Good luck and hopefully this will continue to build yor Yu-Gi-Oh card knowledge.

The winner(s) will recieve 200 SC

Question 1:
    Which of the following statements regarding Fusion-Substitute monsters is INCORRECT?

a). Fusion-Substitute monsters can only be used as a substitute for Specific-Fusion Material monsters, only 1 Fusion-Substitute monster can be used per Fusion Summon.

b). Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used for a Fusion monster that require you to remove monsters listed on it from the field.

c). Fusion-Substitute monsters can be used for a Fusion monster which states that only the specifically listed material monsters can be used.

d). Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used for a Fusion monster that does not specifically name its monster materials.

e). Fusion-Substitute monsters can be used if a Fusion monster has both a named material monster and an un-named material monster, in this case, you can only substitute for the named material monster.

Question 2:
    Player A plans to Fusion Summon Rainbow Neos from his/her Extra Deck. Which of the following is correct?

a). Player A can activate Miracle Fusion and remove from play Elemental Hero Neos and Rainbow Dragon from his/her Graveyard then Special Summon Rainbow Neos from the Fusion Deck.

b). Player A can activate Polymerisation and send King of the Swamp and Rainbow Dragon to the Graveyard. Player A can then Special Summon Rainbow Neos from the Fusion Deck.

c). Player A can tribute The Light - Hex Sealed Fusion and Rainbow Dragon from his/her side of the field and Special Summon Rainbow Neos from the Fusion Deck.

d). Player A can activate Future Fusion and send King of the Swamp and Rainbow Dragon from the Deck to the Graveyard. Player A can then Special Summon Rainbow Neos during their second Standby Phase after activation (providing Future Fusion is still on the field).

e). None of the above.

Question 3:
    Player A has tributed The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion[i] and [i]Cyber Dragon from his/her side of the field and Summons Cyber Twin Dragon from his/her Fusion Deck. Which of the following is correct?

a). Player A cannot conduct the above Summon because Cyber Twin Dragon states that "A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters".

b). You cannot use Re-Fusion on Cyber Twin Dragon after it has been destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.

c). Player A cannot conduct the above Summon because The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion cannot be used as a Fusion-Substitute while it is using its second effect.

d). You can never equip Fusion Weapon to Cyber Twin Dragon after it has been Summoned to the field.

e). None of the above.

Question 4:
    Which of the following statements regarding Fusion Monsters is correct?

a). Not all cards that provide an alternative Summon of Fusion monsters will consider the Summon as a Fusion Summon.

b). Fusion Monsters cannot be returned to the Deck by card effects becuase Fusion Monsters must return to the Fusion Deck.

c). Cards like Call of the Haunted cannot be used on any Fusion Monster because they can only be Special Summoned by Fusion Summon.

d). Fusion Monsters are the only monster that can attack on the first turn of the duel.

e). Fusion material monsters used with Polymerisation cannot be used from BOTH the hand and the field, you can only send them all from the hand OR all from the field.

Question 5: True or False?
    All Fusion Summons are Inherent Special Summons.

Question 6: True or False?
    The Extra Deck is the same thing as the Fusion Deck.

Question 7: True or False?
    De-Fusion cannot be activated if you do not have enough room on the field to Special Summon all of the Fusion Material monsters used.

Question 8: True or False?
    Whenever you Special Summon a Fusion Monster(s), it is considered a Fusion Summon, but it is the same as a Special Summon.

Question 9:
    in a sort paragraph, explain your answer to question 8.

Remember to PM me the answers, good luck to everyone who enters. Also as you may notice, there is no Question 10 this week, its difficult to think of those questions x[ I'll be more prepared next time.

--The Detonator--

Last edited by The Detonator on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:07 am; edited 3 times in total
    coolnerdbird
    coolnerdbird

Male Posts : 95
    Speed Credits : 1636

TDA Quizzes: Week 2 Empty Re: TDA Quizzes: Week 2

Post by coolnerdbird Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:08 am

I dont want to be a jerk or anything but according to KCVDS "Polymerisation" is spelled with a "z" not an "s". I just thought I would let you know 0.o
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:34 pm

@ Coolnerdbird,
    I'm Australian so we use S's instead of Z's in words like "organise" etc. So its just habit.

RESULTS:

Question 1:
    Correct answer: c
    a). 0%
    b). 12.5%
    c). 50%
    d). 37.5%
    e). 0%

The correct answer was c. and most of you did well with this question.

Response a).
    This statement is correct, you can only use a Fusion-Substitute monster for monsters that are specifically listed on a Fusion Monster. That means a specific monsters name is written rather than a Type or Attribute as the material. Furthermore, you can only use 1 Fusion-Substitute monster per Fusion Summon.

Response b).
    This statement is also correct. There are some Fusion Monsters (such as the Gladiator Beast Fusion Monsters) that do not actually use Polymerisation and require you to instead remove or send cards from the field to the Deck, Graveyard etc. You cannot use Fusion-Substitute monsters in this case as you are not actually conducting a Fusion Summon. If you read the text of these cards they state that you are Special Summoning the card, not Fusion Summoning it.

Response c).
    This statement is the incorrect statement. Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used in a Fusion Summon where the Fusion Monster states in the card text that: "A Fusion Summon of this card can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material Monsters". This text overrides the ability of a Fusion-Substitute monster to be used as a substitute because you are not meeting the condition of the Fusion Monster when attempting to Fusion Summon it. In order to meet the condition you MUST use the stated materials because its the only way the Summon can be conducted due to the way the card's text is worded.

Response d).
    This was a tricky response as many of you gave it as your answer. Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used for unnamed Fusion Material monsters. Fusion-Substitute monsters state that they must be used as a substitute for a Fusion Material MONSTER, because of this they cannot be used for an attribute or a type of monster as these are not classified as monsters.

Response e).
    Once again this statement was correct. Like i stated aboce, Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used for unnamed Fusion Materials and the same goes for monster with both named and unnamed materials. You can only use a FUsion-Sunstitute for the named material.

Question 2:
    Correct answer: e
    a). 37.5%
    b). 12.5%
    c). 0%
    d). 0%
    e). 50%

Same skew as the first question. Let's reveiw.

Response a).
    Many of you answered this incorrectly and i can see why. Many people get muddled up with Miracle Fusion and Rainbow Neos. Miracle Fusion can only be used quite simply on an "Elemental Hero" Fusion Monster and although Rainbow Neos has an Elemental Hero Material Monster, it itself is not an "Elemental Hero" Fusion monster. This means Mircale Fusion cannot Fusion Summon it.

Response b).
    This response was also incorrect. Rainbow Neos as we covered in the first question, has one of those text where a condition needs to be met to Fusion Summon him. Fusion-Substitute monsters cannot be used as the text states only the above Fusion Material monsters can be used. Substitutes cannot override this condition so King of the Swamp cannot be used.

Response c).
    This cannot be correct because Rainbow Neos states in his effect text that he can only be summoned by Fusion Summon and the tribute effect of Hex Sealed Fusion does not actually Fusion Summon the target Fusion monster. Also, like I said above, you cannot use a Fusion-Substitute monster to Summon Rainbow Neos as he has a condition in place that only the written Fusion Materials can be used.

Response d).
    Once again, this cannot be done for 2 resions. 1st being that Fusion-Substitute monsters have no effect while in the Deck (so they can never be used with Future Fusion), and secondly, once again. Rainbow Neos needs it Specific Materials to be used in the Fusion Summon.

Response e).
    The only correct response was e). and could only be identified if you knew all the above about Fusion Summoning cards like Rainbow Neos.

Question 3:
    Correct answer: b
    a). 50%
    b). 25%
    c). 0%
    d). 12.5%
    e). 12.5%

I knew this would be difficult and it appeared it was. Nobody was very sure about the correct answer with 75% of you giving the incorrect responses. Well done to the few that got it right.

Response a).
    The most vital thing to notice here is the way the Hex-Sealed monsters work. Firstly they can be used as Fusion Substitute monsters, thats fine, but the second effect that they possess is the tributing effect which SPECIAL SUMMONS the Fusion Monster, it does not FUSION SUMMON it. This is important as most Fusion Monsters like Cyber Twin Dragon state that they can only be Fusion Summoned with the above materials. BUT if you are not specifically Fusion Summoning and simply special Summoning (like you are with the hex-sealed monsters) then this Summon is perfectly legal as the restriction is placed only if you want to Fusion Summon. Watch out for wordings in EVERY card when dealing with things like this.

Response b).
    This is the correct response. The reason for this is because you cannot Special Summon a Fusion Monster from the Graveyard unless it was properly Fusion Summoned before it was sent there. By using the tributing effect of the Hex-Sealed monster, you are simply Special Summoning the monster not Fusion Summoning it. This prevents you from further Special Summoning Cyber Twin Dragon as it's specific Summoning Condition (the original Fusion Summon) has not been met.

Response c).
    Incorrect, you can use both of The Light - Hex Sealed Fusion's effects at the same time to Special Summon a Fusion Monster.

Response d).
    A bit decieving but most of you realise that in today's game, it is so easy to change the level of monster on the field. Cards like Level Eater or Demotion all can change the levels of cards on the field. If you do so enough then yes, it is possible to equip Fusion Weapon to Cyber Twin Dragon.

Response e).
    Incorrect.

Question 4:
    Correct answer: a
    a). 62.5%
    b). 37.5%
    c). 0%
    d). 0%
    e). 0%

looks pretty good to me with the number of correct responses. But lets have a look anyway.

Response a).
    This was the correct answer, and as we saw from above, the reason for this is because it is possible to Special Summon a Fusion Monster without having to consider it a Fusion Summon.

Response b).
    Fusion Monsters most certainly can be returned to the "Deck" by a card effect like Pot of Avarice's or Morphing Jar #2's but are instead sent to the Extra Deck as they cannot be placed into the Deck. However, they cannot be sent to the "Deck" as a part of a cost for an effect or condition. This is because if the condition or cost needs the card to return to the Deck it simply cannot happen as the Fusion Monster cannot go to the Deck. Remember the difference between costs and effects. Costs are conditions and are specific, effects are resolutions and will do not require specificity.

Response c).
    Remember that cards like Call of the Haunted can be used on a Fusion Monster in the Graveyard as long as the Fusion Monster was sent there after being sucessfully Fusion Summoned.

Response d).
    Simply incorrect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase on the first turn full stop.

Response e).
    Incorrect again. Fusion Materials an be used from the field or the hand when you activate Polymerisation.

Question 5: FALSE
    True: 75%
    False: 25%

Ok we are still having some problems with the inherent and effect Special Summons. I feel a Tutorial is necessary to solve this problem. Fusion Summons are not Inherent. Fusion Summon's are all Summoned through effects of cards. Take Polymerisation for example, the card's effect is what sends the Fusion Materials to the Graveyard and is what Special Summons the Fusion Monster in the end. The Fusion monster does not Fusion Summon itself to the field with its own effect (which is the definition of a Inherent Special Summon). I'm going to keep asking similiar questions like this until you get them right!! Look at last weeks quiz, question 8 and 9 for the detailed explanations in Inherent Special Summons.

Question 6: TRUE
    True: 100%
    False: 0%

Well done everyone! They are both the same thing. The Extra Deck was once known as the Fusion Deck but due to the introduction of Synchro Monsters it is now referred to as the Extra Deck.

Question 7: FALSE
    True: 12.5%
    False: 87.5%

Nice work by most of you! I thought more of you would get this wrong but you all did a good job. When you activate De-Fusion you do not have to Summon the Fusion Material monsters that were used. THat part of the effect is optional. SO you are allowed to activate De-Fusion if you do not have toom for the monsters, so that means the Fusion monster will be returned to the Extra Deck and you will not be able to summon any Fusion Material monsters.

Question 8: FALSE
    True: 37.5%
    False: 62.5%

From the answers to previous questions, we are aware that not all Fusion Monsters are Fusion Summoned to the field when they are Special Summoned. This statement suggest that every time you Special Summon a Fusion monster it is treated as a Fusion Summon and that is incorrect. Sometimes Fusion monsters are simply Special Summoned by the means of Call of the Haunted while it is in your Graveyard (also cards like The Light - Hex Sealed Fusion's second effect SPECIAL SUMMONS the Fusion monster it does not Fusion Summon it). All Fusion Summons are Special Summons but a Special Summon is not restricted to Fusion Summoning so be careful with the way a card is worded when you are Special Summoning a Fusion monster.

Question 9:

See above question for detailed answer.

Nobody aced the test this week. But congratulations to both Gothicmess and Captain Chrono for being the 2 participants with a score of 8/9. You have both been awarded 200 SC and may take part in next weeks quiz but you will not recieve SC if you get the highest score.

The rest of you will recieve SC based on all of your question answers, every correct answer will earn you 10 SC this week. Once again i will PM you with the SC you have won this week.

Please let me know how you find the results, do you have more questions? Please post if you do i will be happy to answer them.

Thankyou all for taking part in this weeks quiz.

--The Detonator--
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Thu May 13, 2010 1:21 am

Well done Det. These quizzes can work the mind to the limit. ^^

Event completed. Topic locked.

~ cat

Sponsored content