Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
Supreme_King
The Detonator
6 posters

TDA Quiz (Week 4)

The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

TDA Quiz (Week 4) Empty TDA Quiz (Week 4)

Post by The Detonator Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:17 am

TDA Quiz Week 4:
    Theme: Basic Knowledge and gameplay.

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS TOPIC, YOU WILL RECIEVE A WARNING IF YOU DO SO

Anybody may participate in this event. You may use online resources such as yugioh.wikia and your KCVDS to read card effects and help you answer the questions. All answer are to be set out in the following way and PM'd to me in the TDA PM system:

Here's how your answer sheet should look like
    Question 1: a
    Question 2: a
    Question 3: a
    etc. etc.

This week we will begin from the start. Consider it a week to test your basic knowledge. Read the questions CAREFULLY. They are not as easy as they seem.

If you want to add any additional comments to the quiz feel free to do so as I will read each one and appreciate the feedback. You might want to include questions you liked, questions you didn't like, what other type of questions you would like to see on the quiz etc. By next week I will release the results and let you know who the winner(s) are for the week as well as give you detailed answers for each question. Good luck and hopefully this will continue to build yor Yu-Gi-Oh card knowledge.

The winner(s) will recieve 200 SC, each entrant will recieve 10 SC per correct answer.

Question 1:
    What type of effect(s) does Stardust Dragon have?

a). Trigger Effect and Continuous Effect.

b). Continuous Effect and Quick Effect.

c). Quick effect and Trigger Effect.

d). Multi-Trigger Quick Effect.

e). None of the above.

Question 2:
    Which of the following Steps does not exist in Yu-Gi-Oh TCG?

a). Damage Step.

b). Battle Step.

c). End Step.

d). Draw Step.

e). None of the above.

Question 3:
    Which of the following is not a type of Monster Effect?

a). Multi-Trigger Quick Effect

b). Ignition-Quick Effect

c). Trigger-Quick Effect

d). Mandatroy Trigger Effect

e). Optional Trigger Effect

Question 4:
    Billy has a face-up “The Sanctuary in the Sky” on his side of the Field. It is Ben’s Main Phase 1. Ben wants to Set his “Secret Village of the Spellcasters.” Which of the following is correct?

a). Ben can Set “Secret Village of the Spellcasters.” Billy’s copy of “The Sanctuary in the Sky” is sent to the Graveyard.

b). Ben cannot Set “Secret Village of the Spellcasters” because there is a Field Spell card currently active on the field.

c). Ben can Set “Secret Village of the Spellcasters.” Billy’s copy of “The Sanctuary in the Sky” is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.

d). Ben cannot Set “Secret Village of the Spellcasters” because a player is not allowed to Set Field Spell Cards.

e). Ben can Set “Secret Village of the Spellcasters.” “The Sanctuary in the Sky” remains face-up and active on the field.

Question 5:
    Which of the following is a scenario in which the turn player can legally activate a Normal Spell Card?

a). As soon as turn player enters his Main Phase 1.

b). Immediately after the turn player Tribute Summons his “Jinzo.”

c). In response to his opponent activating a Trap Card.

d). Immediately after the successful resolution of his “Reinforcement of the Army.”

e). None of the above.

Question 6: True or False?
    The turn player retains Priority when he/she declares the end of his/her turn.

Question 7: True or False?
    Whenever you activate a card. It must resolve as much as possible, even if a card played by your opponent negates a part or part(s) of its effect.

Question 8: True or False?
    When effect activate similtaneously (at the same time) the turn players mandatrory effects will always be the first to resolve.

Question 9:
    in a short paragraph, explain your answer to the following Question:

Does Blackwing - Vayu the Emblem of Honor target cards with its effect? If so why, If not, why not?

Remember to PM me the answers, good luck to everyone who enters.

--The Detonator--

Last edited by The Detonator on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

TDA Quiz (Week 4) Empty Re: TDA Quiz (Week 4)

Post by The Detonator Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:14 am

i must say this has been the most active quiz yet so good to see more of you participating. I will shut this off soon due to the great response, so those of you wanting to participate for an acheivement, for SC or just for fun, get your answers in asap.

--The Detonator--
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:34 pm

RESULTS:

Question 1:
    Correct answer: c OR d
    a). 0%
    b). 5.56%
    c). 88.89%
    d). 5.56%
    e). 0%

The correct answer was c OR d. So most of you did well with this question.

Response a).
    Incorrect, their is no Continuous Effect on Stardust Dragon.

Response b).
    Once again, Stardust Dragon has no Continuous Effect.

Response c).
    Quick Effects are divided into two diferent types of Quick Effect, Trigger and Multi-Trigger. Speaking broadly this is a correct response.

Response d).
    This response was also correct. Why? Stardust Dragon has what is more specifically called a Multi-Trigger Quick Effect. I was going to make response C incorrect, but in a sense it was correct and most people did choose it. However Option D was the most appropriate response but the Question did not ask that. The person(s) who choose this option has been awarded extra SC. A multi-Trigger Quick Effect can be activated Multiple times in a chain, where as Trigger Quick Effects only can be activated once per chain. If an effect activates in a chain that can be negated by Stardust Dragon, you can choose not to negate it. If you then chain another effect that can destroy cards on the field, Stardust will activate again and you can choose to negate or not like with the first Chain Link.

Response e).
    C or D are correct so this is incorrect.

Question 2:
    Correct answer: d
    a). 0%
    b). 1.85%
    c). 10.18%
    d). 54.62%
    e). 33.33%

Response a).
    Everybody should know that the Damage Step exists and is one of the most complicated steps of the game.

Response b).
    The Battle Step does exist and is the Step before the Damage Step in the Battle Phase. This is where the turn player announces attack targets with his/her monsters.

Response c).
    The End Step also exists and takes place after the Damage Step in the Battle Phase. The End Step is when the turn player declares he/she is ending the Battle Phase and moving to Main Phase 2 (cards like the Gladiator Beasts activate in the End Step).

Response d).
    The Draw Step does not exist. There is only a Draw Phase. This was the correct response.

Response e).
    Incorrect, there is no such thing as a Draw Step.

Question 3:
    Correct answer: b
    a). 22.22%
    b). 61.11%
    c). 0%
    d). 16.67%
    e). 0%

Response a).
    Multi-Trigger Quick Effects, as explained above, are a type of effect, it is just a specific effect rather than the broad term "Quick Effect".

Response b).
    The is no such thing as an Ignition Quick Effect. All Quick Effects are Trigger-Type Effects.

Response c).
    Like a Multi-Trigger Quick Effect, this is the type of Quick Effect that only can activate once per chain.

Response d).
    Mandatroy Trigger Effects exist are a more specific effect in regard to the general term "Trigger Effect". These effects must happen when triggered.

Response e).
    Another specific Trigger Effect is the Optional Trigger Effect. This type of effect is optional and the controller can choose to activate the effect or not when it is triggered.

Question 4:
    Correct answer: e
    a). 0%
    b). 0%
    c). 27.77%
    d). 5.56%
    e). 66.67%

Response a).
    Incorrect.

Response b).
    You can Set a new Field Spell if one already exists on the field.

Response c).
    When your opponent plays a new Field Spell Card face down while you control a Field Spell Card, your Field Spell Card is not sent to the Graveyard or destroyed. The ruling for Field Spell Cards is that only 1 can exist face-up on the field at a time.

Response d).
    You are allowed to Set a Field Spell Card.

Response e).
    This is how the sitation would play out. If you choose to activate the Set Field Spell, your opponents Field Spell then gets destroyed.

Question 5:
    Correct answer: a
    a). 77.78%
    b). 0%
    c). 0%
    d). 5.56%
    e). 16.67%

Response a).
    The turn player always retains Priority at the start of each Phase or Step. This is the correct answer.

Response b).
    You cannot activate a Spell Speed 1 card immidiantly after a monster is considered sucessfully Summoned. During this response window only Spell Speed 2 or higher cards can be activated.

Response c).
    Trap Cards are Spell Speed 2 (or 3). Normal Spell Cards are Spell Speed 1. You cannot activate a Normal Spell Card in response to a Trap Card.

Response d).
    Just because your card has sucessfully resolved it does not mean you now retain Priority. If you are in the middle of a chain, other cards must also resolve. If a card is triggered by the resolution of Reinforcement of the Army, that card will automatically make the turn player pass Priority. Remember, you retain priority at the end of a Chain, not the resolution of a card effect.

Response e).
    Incorrect.

Question 6: FALSE
    True: 33.33%
    False: 66.67%

The turn player always passes Priority whenever he/she declares the end of any phase, including the end of his/her turn.

Question 7: TRUE
    True: 61.11%
    False: 38.89%

When a card is activated, it must resolve as much as it possibly can. If parts of its effect is negated, the rest of the effect will be able to resolve and must resolve if applicable.

Question 8: FALSE
    True: 33.33%
    False: 66.67%

The Mandatory Effects are always first to be placed on the chain when similtaneous effecs go on the chain. HOWEVER, this does not mean the will be the only cards effects on the chain and will always [b]resolve[b] last since chains always resolve backwards to order of activation.

Question 9:

Yes, Vayu does target cards. Vayu targets a Blackwing monster in your Graveyard in order to Synchro Summon a monster from te Extra Deck. Not much information was needed for this question as long as new what it was targetting and if it was targetting.

Well done to Supreme_King and Captain Chrno being the only ones to ace this weeks quiz. They has been awarded 200 SC and cannot participate next week. THe rest of you will be PM'd your prizes. Good luck.

--The Detonator--

Last edited by The Detonator on Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:07 am; edited 1 time in total
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:37 pm

Booyah, Achievement completed for me Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Question 3 only. I knew there wasn't any Ignition Quick Effects, but got confused by Multi-Trigger effects which technically speaking don't exist anymore, because they are called Quick Effects. Tricky.
    No problem, i'll ace it next time.
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Post by Aludra Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:55 pm

oh det, I think There is only 1 person in question no.4, and that is ben, I didnt read Billy before, I was so careless >.<
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:17 pm

damn, i got wrong in question 7 (as far as i remember)
    i thought it's the case like PoA and D.D Crow >.>
    not realizing D.D crow isn't negating PoA >.>
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:06 am

AHM Suprme_King was not the only one to ace this quiz x[
    I skipped Captain Chrnos answers by accident.

Congratulations to both Supreme King & Captain Chrno both acing this Quiz and being awarded 200 SC.

--The Detonator--
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:19 am

xD

Was waiting for my answer correction from yesterday Razz Once more acing will give me another achievement, yay!
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:21 am

I know what a noob i am -.-

--The Detonator--

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 9:29 pm