Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
Sam
HyawehHoshikawa
6 posters

A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P

HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P Empty A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:24 am

If I activate Debris Dragon to Special Summon Rescue Cat, can i activate Rescue Cat effect or it's effect is still considered negated even in the graveyard?

If there's The Last Warrior From Another Planet, can i tribute him to Normal Summon a high level monster, or I can just set that high level monster?
    Ruling said i can Tribute Him for Tribute Summon, but NDS said i can only set :O

If X-Saber Airbellum attack and the card's to be discarded is Gorz, where'll Gorz be placed? Field? or graveyard?

Last edited by HyawehHoshikawa on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sam
    Sam

Male Posts : 106
    Speed Credits : 2220

A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P Empty Re: A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P

Post by Sam Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:34 am

1- No you can't

2- You can't tribute summon while he's on the field even if you want to tribute him. This situation is just like Koa'ki meiru drago + REDMD. While drago is on the field you can't remove him to special summon REDMD. same thing with last warrior, you can't tribute summon.

hope i helped o,o
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P Empty Re: A question about Debris Dragon and another...:P

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:42 am

hmm...then why does dandylion's effect is still active? after being summoned by debris.
    and 3rd question is also up :p
    Panamericano

Male Posts : 121
    Speed Credits : 1339

Post by Panamericano Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:00 am

1- I knew that this question's answer was "No" but I didn't know why because Skill Drain is activating the effect. But quoting : "Skill Drain & Plasma only negate a face-up monsters effect, if the monster is face-up at the effects resolution." Case of Dandy, Debris goes with it, so it's eff activates.

Debris Dragon/Junk Synchron/Etc only negate a monster's effect if it activates on the field. Regardless of where the monster goes.

2- Sam Tisdale is right, no you cant. Like you cant Krebons + Vanity's Fiend.

3- You attack with Airbellum and you select your opponent's Gorz. Since Airbellum's effect is Mandatory, it is automatically Chain Link 1. Gorz is optional, so, it is Chain 2.

Chain 1 - Airbellum
    Chain 2 - Gorz

Gorz is special summoned to the field, and Airbellum's effect goes harmlessly.

Sam
    Sam

Post by Sam Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:30 am

You're wrong about question 3.

You attack airbellum activates Chain Link 1. Gorz activates chain link 2. gorz is summoned, airbellum discard 1 random card. same thing with trago too
    Panamericano

Male Posts : 121
    Speed Credits : 1339

Post by Panamericano Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:39 am

You discard another card instead gorz?

Edit: I gave another thought, and you are right. Sorry for wrong ruling Smile
    Sam
    Sam

Post by Sam Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:45 am

Yes.
    Goomoonryong

Male Posts : 16
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Goomoonryong Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:17 am

The card is discarded at random so you don't select the card when Airbellum's effect activates. So since Gorz itself was never selected, there is no way for the effect to fizzle unless Gorz was the only card in hand.
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Fri Jul 30, 2010 12:45 pm

1- Since Rescue Cat's effect activates and resolves on the field (even if being sent to the graveyard as a cost), it can't be used with Debris Dragon. Dandylion activates and resolves in the graveyard, that's why it doesn't get negated.

2- I don't know why the video games say that it can't be done, when the ruling clearly says:
    This card may be Tributed to Tribute Summon a Level 5 or higher monster.
    Maybe it's just bad programming.

The case with Drago and REDMD is different, because REDMD has an inherent summoning condition which is not considered a cost, thus you can't summon him when Drago is on the field.

3- Just like others said. Gorz is summoned, you discard another one.
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:39 pm

1. I mean you want to use priority while summon it. But I think you can't. Its effect negated by Debris already. Dandy's effect actives because its effect work in graveyard. But Rescue Cat's work on field.
    YGO Wikia wrote:Monsters may still be Set while this card is on the field.
    3. Airbellum says that "When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent..." This means after damage calculation. Before Damage Calculation's end Gorz bring himself. But Airbellum comes later Damage Calculation.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Smile
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:04 pm

@ All
    Well thx all for clearing the question, I think all the question is answered. and this topic can be locked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 9:15 pm