Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!

Harper7000
    Harper7000

Male Posts : 21
    Speed Credits : 4

The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon! Empty The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!

Post by Harper7000 Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:11 am

Hey people of TDA ^^. This is my fanfic which is a stylized take on the KC universe. It is set in the Yugioh Universe, but I use KC members as characters. This will include you. However, this is about my journey through different academies, which means most of you won't be mentioned until Season 2 unfortunately. But if you like my fanfic, send me a pm about what you want to look like, what deck you want your character to use, and if you want to be a good guy or bad guy.
    Comments/constructive criticism is more than welcome. Enjoy Smile.

Hey, my name is Harper7000, but call
    me Harper. My life has been... Nuts, to say the least. I'm not even sure where to begin. Well... I guess the beginning is a good a place as any to start.

The year is 2510. Over the last 500 years, much has changed. In 2460, there was an excavation of Seto Kaiba's original mansion in New Domino City, and while doing so they discovered Kaiba's original virtual video game technology, the one that the Big 5 tried to trap him in. But after a few years of enjoying the video game simulations, people theorized that if their entire minds could be uploaded to a video game, what's to stop them from uploading it to some sort of virtual universe where they could live forever and do whatever they want? As a result of this idea, most people of the world of 2510 spent most of their lives in the vast virtual world known as Pseudospace, instead of the real world. Here, anyone could do basically anything he or she ever wanted (for a small monthly fee paid to Kaiba Corporation of course). Kaiba Corporation (KC) was of course the richest company in both worlds. Seto Kaiba II (the descendant of the original Seto Kaiba) was considered by most people to be President of Pseudospace. No one cared who ruled the real world. People only stayed in the real world long enough to eat, sleep, and other such things. After waking up in the morning, everybody would go into statis mode inside Pseudopods, which were machines ysed to upload one's mind into Pseudospace. Also, for some reason, people in Pseudospace insisted on being called by odd-sounding nicknames instead of their real names Razz.

But a shift to the true "digital age" could not stop the shadow games... The game dubbed "Duel Monsters" by Maximillion Pegasus was still popular in Pseudospace, and still played an important part in significant events, if not more so than it did before. Seto encouraged dueling to solve problems instead of actual wars. But, since there are no actual countries anymore, and a universal language is used in Pseudospace, wars were almost non-existent. Instead, Dueling Schools became more and more popular, and there were many, many of them. But the academies which truly dominated the dueling world were Turbo Duel Academy (TDA), led by DanceJonDance, Dark Armed Dragon (DAD), led by Dark_Armed_Dragon, Advanced Duel Academy (ADA), led by Snakedoc, and Toon World Academy (TWA), led by Maximillion Pegasus II (also named after his ancestor Maximillion Pegasus I, creator of duel monsters). These academies constantly battled each other in friendly (or unfriendly) wars to see which of them was the greatest. Despite the duel feuding, entire nations were at peace, racial boundaries were broken down, and people did things they had only dreamed of doing before Pseudospace.

However... Not all was well in the universe. Back in Los Angeles California, a world away from everyone else, two cloaked men stood talking on top of a deserted building. They wore black hoods and capes that obscured their faces and form.

Cloaked man 1: "Why do we have to meet here anyway? It's a dump, no one even likes the real world anymore!"
    Cloaked man 2: "That's exactly the point, no one will overhear us because no one is here."
    CM 1: "True, but it doesn't mean I have to like it, being here..."

They stood silently for a while, cloaks flapping in the cold wind. Soon, other cloaked men joined them, and they all went inside the building. Inside, there was a vast room containing 20 or so Pseudopods, the sleeping pods where a person's mind was uploaded into Pseudospace. A man awaited them there. He wore the same cloak as the others, but his hood was thrown back. However, a black mask with red markings obscured his entire face. One of the cloaked men who had entered addressed him.

CM 1: "So, when will we finally be able to take our grand revenge on our enemies that you promised us?"
    Masked man: (smiling) "In a way, now. Haha, I have found a way to make our opponent's lives a living hell and they will have no idea how to stop it. However... We must wait for now on destroying them. It is said that there will come a duelist who has the power over light AND darkness, the master of all decks, the one who is prophesied to be the greatest duelist of them all. For my plan to reach it's peak, I need him first."
    CM 2: "Ha! I don't even think he exists! He's just a legend."
    MM: "Oh, he exists all right, he is alive right now, but no one realizes who he truly is yet. Not me, anyone else, or even him. The day he is at his full potential will be THE LAST day for our enemies... But enough of that. This does not mean we cannot start our revenge, it only means our revenge will not be fully complete until he is ready. We have to proceed with our plan... there are ways to torture our enemies until that day. Turn on that Psedopod."

The pod he had indicated had been hooked up to some sort of machine with a metal ring wide enough for 2 people to walk through

MM: "This, my friends, is a gate to a different dimension. If all goes well, it will open a portal to the spirit world."
    CM 3: "Oh yeah? what if all DOESN'T go well?"

The masked man turned to face him menacingly
    MM: "That's a risk I am willing to take... Turn it on."

Next time: Chapter 1: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!" 

Last edited by Harper7000 on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon! Empty Re: The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!

Post by Yuri Bakura Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:23 am

a bit edit xD but nice to read it again xD
    Harper7000
    Harper7000

The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon! Empty Re: The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!

Post by Harper7000 Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Thanks yuri Smile. Yeah haha I tightened up the dialougue a bit, fixed spelling mistakes, stuff like that.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:21 pm

where is the chapter 2 anyway ?
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Wed Sep 01, 2010 2:31 pm

no one read this fan fiction ? meh ... to make it become more interesting, i will turn it to comic ^^
    Harper7000
    Harper7000

Post by Harper7000 Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:44 pm

I wish more people HERE would read this haha. Here's the next chapter anyway:
    The Ultimatum. Season 1: Beginnings - Chapter 1:A Fateful Duel Pt. 1, Assault of The Ancient Gear Dragon!

Harper glanced back and forth several times between the cards in his hand and the cards on the field. His opponent had a Stardust Dragon on the field, and he conrolled only a Gateway of The Six with 2 Bushido Counters on it and a facedown Call of The Haunted.
    (Lp. Harper:1000, Opponent:6000)

Harper: (thinking) "Ugh, if only that synchronwasn't Stardust, then i could use Lightning Vortex and..."

Suddenly he smiled, and a plan began to form in his mind.

Harper: "I activate Lightning Vortex, so by discarding Great Shogun Shien, I can destroy your Stardust Dragon!"
    Opponent: "Ha! You fool, I tribute Stardust Dragon to negate your pathetic spell card!"
    Harper: (smiles). "Now I activate Call of The Haunted, bringing back my Six Samurai - Zanji! Next, I special summon Grandmaster of The six Samurai with his effect!"
    Opponent: "Still not enough to beat me."
    Harper: "I'm not done, since i summoned 2 Six Samurai, that's 4 more Bushido Counters for my Gateway, which means I can remove them all to summon forth a "Shien" effect monster from my grave! And I choose... Great Shogun Shien!!! Now! (flourishes hand dramatically) My monsters, attack!

(Lp. Harper:1000, Opponent:0)

Opponent: "Aaagh!!!!! Gr, I'll get you next time Harper..."

Harper nodded and smiled as the people watching around cheered for him... But when the other duelists left, he gave a big sigh. His opponent hadn't really been that good... He had only summoned Stardust Dragon because he was lucky and because Harper had been going easy  enough on him to give him the opportunity to be lucky. Just another noob, and he was the 5th one Harper had dueled today.
    They were dueling in the KC hub, a place where duelists could congregate in the virtual world of Pseudospace and duel each other. It was a great idea in theory, dueling people that would normally be on the other side of the world from you, but Harper had yet to find a decent duelist in the entire hub, and he'd dutifully visited every day for the past month and a half. 
    A guy who appeared to be in his late teens approached him. He seemed a few years older than Harper, perhaps 18 or 19. He wore a white button-up shirt and black pants, had a black backpack on and had spiky brown hair.

Teenager: "hey dude, do you want to duel? I'm trying out this new deck..."
    Harper: (sighs, and then looks at the clock) "...Sure, why not? I have time."

It was getting late, and he had to be in the real world pretty soon, but a quick duel couldn't hurt.

Teenager: "Thanks, the name's LNoir"
    Harper: (shakes hand) "My name is Harper, nice to meet you."

LNoir pulled off his backpack, unzipped it, and rummaged furiously through it. Several deck boxes tumbled out as he searched, and he picked one up and replaced the others. Harper saw at least a dozen more inside LNoir's backpack.

LNoir: "Ah, here it is, now let's do this! (he places the deck in and activates duel disk)
    Harper: (activates duel disk)
    Both: "Duel!"

(Lp: Harper:8000, LNoir:8000)

LNoir: "I'll go first if you don't mind. I draw! Hm, interesting hand. Well, i'll activate Gold Sarcophagus, and remove Heavy Storm from play, but I get it back after 2 of my standbye phases. Next I'll set one monster face down and 1 card face down and end my turn."
    Harper: "That's all? (looks at hand). This is how to start off a duel! First, i set 2 facedowns! Now, I summon The Six Samurai - Yaichi. Next, I special summon Grandmaster of The Six Samurai with his effect, and now I special summon Great Shogun Shien with his effect! Now, Grandmaster, attack his facedown! (Sangan explodes)

LNoir: With my facedown Sangan's effect, since he was sent to the grave, i can add Dandylion to my hand.
    Harper: "Whatever. My monsters, attack! (4200) 
    LNoir: "I activate Phoenix Wing Wind Blast to return your right-hand facedown to the top of your deck. And since I discarded Dandylion to activate my Wind Blast, I can special summon 2 Fluff Tokens."
    Harper: (thinking) "Why didn't he do that on one of my monsters?"
    (out loud) "Whatever, I end my turn."
    LNoir: "That's the first standbye phase for Gold Sarc. I set one card face-down in my field spell card zone"
    Harper: "Why face-down?"
    LNoir: "You'll see. I activate Lightning Vortex! By discarding one card, I destroy all of your face-up monsters!"
    Harper: "Wha... NO!!! Gr... You're lucky..." 
    LNoir: "Not really, and that's not all i'm afraid. I tribute my tokens to summon Earthbound Immortal Ascilla Piscu!"
    Harper: "Whoa... That thing is huge! And it can attack me directly even if I had monsters!"
    LNoir: "Correct, but that's still not the end. I set a field spell face-down, which destroys my old field spell. The old spell was Geartown, and when it's destroyed I get to special summon an Ancient Gear monster of my choosing from my deck! (searches through deck). I choose Ancient Gear Gajiltron Dragon!"
    Harper: "... Uh, I activate threatening roar"
    LNoir: "Very well, I end my turn"
    Harper: "I draw! Ugh, I set a monster and activate Six Samurai United. I end my turn."
    LNoir: "Draw. Now that it's been 2 standbye phases, I add Heavy Storm to my hand. I attack directly with Ascilla Piscu! (5500). Next, I attack your facedown monster with Gadjiltron Dragon."
    Harper: "You destroyed my Shien's Footsoldier. I get to special summon a level 3 Six Samurai, and I choose yariza. Now that he's out, that's 1 counter on my Six Samurai United!"
    LNoir: "That may be so, but my Dragon does damage to you despite your little footsoldier being in defense mode. (3200)

Harper: (thinking) "Man oh man, what do I do now? He has 2 really powerful monsters, one i can't attack but can attack me directly, and one I can't use traps on when he attacks! And if I destroy the field spell, he'll just summon another Dragon!"

Next time: Chapter 2: "A Fateful Duel Pt. 2, Academy Invitation!" 
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Male Posts : 130
    Speed Credits : 1508

Post by Vongola-x Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:29 pm

Just read the other chapters that are out on DGA...
    Harper7000
    Harper7000

Post by Harper7000 Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:10 pm

I'll post some more chapters later, cuz like you said, DGA is several chapters ahead. New chapter out btw Vongola
    Aster Bakura
    Aster Bakura

Male Posts : 41
    Speed Credits : 7

Post by Aster Bakura Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:50 am

really EPIC, everytime u publish new chapter, my brother will tell me and read together xD but i dunno why there are no comment at TDA ~,~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:07 am