Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
e^ipi+1=0
Yuri Bakura
6 posters

what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question)

Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question) Empty what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question)

Post by Yuri Bakura Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:54 am

what does absolute zero means ? PLEASE do not copy information from wiki because i don't understand a xxxx from there.

As far as i know, absolute zero is −273.15°C. Does this mean every object including oxygen's absolute zero degree is -273.15 ? and is this the minimum temperature for everything ?

If it is not the minimum temp for everything, then some object must has lower than -273 degree right ? Then they must pass the absolute zero right ? This mean, absolute zero will happen right ?
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Male Posts : 64
    Speed Credits : 93
    GMT : +7

what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question) Empty Re: what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question)

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:08 am

absolute zero is a temperature where all object move at it's slowest speed like electron and AFAIK light as well. it's

we don't have a variable regarding cold, but we have a variable to determine the heat, and the absolute zero temperature means that there's no heat at all on the object, however this is impossible because any heat from the environment would affect that object unless that object is being really isolated.
    CMIIW.

Last edited by e^ipi+1=0 on Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
    kanzaki
    kanzaki

Male Posts : 140
    Speed Credits : 1213

what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question) Empty Re: what does absolute zero means ? (Life Question)

Post by kanzaki Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:52 am

Scientific: in addition to e^ipi+1=0, this is also similar to trying to get to the speed of light(fastest you can travel, today*), which is impossible.
    It is impossible to reach absolute zero (slowest speed), maybe future scientist will be able to do so. Or maybe when we can reach light speed, we can reach absolute zero.

Life: Absolute zero, from my opinion, is when everything reduce to nothingness, which means, the end of everything, which means the end of the world?
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Since the two people above answered your question I'll just add something more that you may not understand from what they said.

Absolute Zero is easier to describe as 0 Kelvin, which is equal to -273.15°C.

You cannot reach 0 Kelvin in any way, this is a theoretical temperature. I will not explain the reason since I don't understand it that well either. You can do a research on the internet if you want but you'll stil encounter some thermodynamics which you probably not know about them.

You can reach temperatures NEAR 0 Kelvin, like 0,1 Kelvin. In these temperatures some strange (and awesome, because I don't really know much about this stuff) phenomena happen, like superfluids. One of the characteristics of a superfluid is that it has zero friction, or at least 0 visciosity which from what I know is almost the same thing. An example of a superfluid is Liquid Helium.

But I started talking about something out of topic, so this is it Razz
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:26 pm

Absolute Zero means 0 Kelvin or -273°C. We can reach this warm but I guees near values can be reach in labrotary place.

Absolute Zero is the warm which every get froze in that time.

Hehe Chemistry means me xD
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:00 pm

BERKAY wrote:Absolute Zero means 0 Kelvin or -273°C. We can reach this warm but I guees near values can be reach in labrotary place.

Absolute Zero is the warm which every get froze in that time.

Hehe Chemistry means me xD

Sorry if this counts as spamming but I had to say this :S

First of all, BEFORE answering the question, see if it was already answered. If you want to add something then do it, don't just say the same answer that was already given.

Second, after seeing if there was already an answer, READ it, and if you don't understand it just ask, don't go saying whatever you know without being sure after someone already exlained it just to increase your post count.

Third, 3 people already said that 0 Kelvin CANNOT be reached, and it's not called "warm". Temperature is the right word, and if you can't remember this, at least say cold.

Fourth, what do you mean "Absolute Zero is the warm which every get froze in that time."? Only liquids can be frozen, or in other words, solidify, except Liquid Helium, which I guess you'd know what this is if you read my post. When you said "every" you probably meant everything, but everything includes solid stuff, which cannot be frozen. Also, since 0 Kelvin is a theoretical temperature the whole statement is false.

Fifth, "Hehe Chemistry means me xD"...

It's Physics. To be exact, Thermodynamics. It's Chemistry too, but it's more involved in Thermodynamics.

'Nuff said.

Sorry again if this counts as spam Sad
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:42 am

Question Answered

I remember learning about this in chemistry but i hated chemistry so ignored it .-.

~Locked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:26 pm