Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+5
The Detonator
Gothicmess
chris9999
SharpEyedHawk
TheUnknown
9 posters

a Chatbox

TheUnknown
    TheUnknown

Male Posts : 11
    Speed Credits : 30
    GMT : +1

a Chatbox Empty a Chatbox

Post by TheUnknown Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 pm

mm, i have been thinking if admins can add a chatbox to the top of the site, for small talk , and chatting, its always nice to be able to direct talk other members
    SharpEyedHawk
    SharpEyedHawk

Male Posts : 77
    Speed Credits : 1290

a Chatbox Empty Re: a Chatbox

Post by SharpEyedHawk Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Good shout, I agree.
    chris9999
    chris9999

Male Posts : 133
    Speed Credits : 498

Post by chris9999 Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:44 pm

that will be great. now that we dont have premium hamachi anymore i cant find anyone to duel
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Well we did have a chat box installed on several occasions but for some reason it didn't work, people kept referring to Hamachi for chatting, this is due to the fact that we had a massive network of 100+ users online at the time and it was easier to open a Ham window then to open the browser.

A massive network will be made in the following week or so, your request will be taken into consideration if the network is not a big hit.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:51 pm

As far as i know, Premium Ham networks on free hamachi accounts has been addressed by LogMeIn. They have stopped the creation of such networks and any free account that possesses such network is not able to join.create new networks until the premium network is deleted. For this reason unless an admin purchases a paid account premium networks won't work. I've seen chat boxes work before and without the efficiency that ham now doesn't give us to work in big numbers we will need to find another method.
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:07 pm

Was unaware that we were not able to create mass networks anymore, chatbox looking pretty good right about now, to be honest I don't know if we have any official TDA hams enabled.

Some new Ham networks would be a great addition for the community
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Though last time we had such a Chatbox, it was constantly dead. It's worth another shot, though
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:59 am

The Detonator wrote:For this reason unless an admin purchases a paid account premium networks won't work.
    That's true, and there was another kind of chatbox that we used for a while also in the past. I think it was called chatango? It was an ok chatbox that worked well alongside with Hamachi if I recall.

Until a new kind of HAM network can be made, I'll enable the forum chatbox for everyone's convenience to at least have some chance to chat. To be honest with you guys I was going to suggest a Topic about the chatbox, but I got busy with my job and the in-between time to discuss it. I'm glad you made the suggestion Unknown.

Again, I'll have the chatbox opened up just for now. If there's a problem with it or anything else lemme know.

~ cat
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:26 pm

The Chatango is a good idea because it will stay in the widget area wherever you go in the forum. Currently Im not sure if this skin will be able to handle that kind of widget but you can give it a shot and see.
    Lucci
    Lucci

Male Posts : 437
    Speed Credits : 1272

Post by Lucci Wed Mar 02, 2011 1:46 pm

Ogurl I can chat with all my home dogs? I'm down wit dat!
    DoodleBop
    DoodleBop

Male Posts : 54
    Speed Credits : 402
    GMT : -6 i think

Post by DoodleBop Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:49 pm

yea that worked out real well:/ its still dead and i have a premium hamachi cuz i flow like that

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:59 pm