Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
WilBer
e^ipi+1=0
6 posters

Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight

e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Male Posts : 64
    Speed Credits : 93
    GMT : +7

Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight Empty Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:29 am

if Darksoul is used to tune for Hyunlei while DCK is face-up.
    does Hyunlei Misstiming to activate it's effect?

note:check their spell speed, and SEGOC rules.
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight Empty Re: Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight

Post by WilBer Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 pm

what i know darksoul effect activated after hyunlei eff
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight Empty Re: Hyunlei, Darksoul, and DoomCaliberKnight

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:57 pm

I don't get what you're saying actually ._.
    care to explain how the chainlink built.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 pm

To answer the question you have to realize that Darksoul's effect activates, regardless whether you want it to activate or not. Meaning Doomcaliber activates to chain Darksoul before Hyunlei is properly summoned. Since Hyunlei's effect activates after it's successfully summoned, I assume it would not lose timing, but rather activate on a separate chain, after the Darksoul-DCK chain is successfully resolved.

This is subject to fixing, especially from Det xD
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:10 pm

following your reasons, Plant Synchro wil be fail, due to Dandylion+Debris+Nuke =/= clearfield + 2 token.
    //In fact, Dandy+Nuke is both placed in the same chain with Dandy in Chainlink 1, and then BRD in chainlink 2, resolve backwards.
    wat if DCK/LaDD is added on the list?
    well that's the question....
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:13 pm

Well, since the separate chains option is not viable, I assume Hyunlei will just be chain link 3, and not negated by DCK and carry out normally.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:15 pm

unfortunately DCK is a quick effect(Spell speed 2) and placing hyunlei whose effect is trigger(Spell speed 1) is impossible.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:47 pm

You have just answered your own question then. No separate chains, no Hyunlei chained after DCK, so no Hyunlei eff.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm

duh...
    just don't lock this topic yet...

~ No, i dont. Although ur question was so situational, It was so crucial and complex question. And thats good, though. I ll keep this open till u satisfied^^

~ Who else? xD
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:11 am

Lets look at this from another angle.

BRD, Dandy vs DCK

Sync using dandy.

Chain link 1
    Dandy is sent to the grave and thus start the chain, does not resolve but activates.

Chain link 2
    Since DCK is mandatory it is chained at the activation of Dandy, tributing himself

Chain link 3
    BRD is summoned (Chain link 3 assuming the effect is used)

RESOLUTION

CL3
    BRD destroys herself since no monsters are face up

CL2
    DCK negates Dandy

CL1
    Dandy does not resolve.

Now, seeing as Darksouls activates at the same time as dandy, well, I would think that the same principle applies to the Chain.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:55 pm

wut...I found this ruling in DCK's wikia,trustworthy?
    Example 5: Player A's "Sasuke Samurai #4" attacks Player B's "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole" while "Doomcaliber Knight" is face-up on the field. "Sasuke Samurai #4's" effect is Chain Link 1 and "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole" is Chain Link 2. "Doomcaliber Knight's" effect is chained, and it will negate and destroy "Neo-Spacian Grand Mole".[1]
    Mandatory->Optional->Mandatory? O.O
    and it doesn't even mention which player have DCK ._.
    it'd be trustworthy enough if it's Deus Ex Machina...but AtemVegeta...who's that? D:
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:46 pm

Thats not right o.o

I'd believe that from a Koa'ki Meiru Guardian but it is not possible with a DCK since it would go off at the first effect activated, regardless os priority and such.

At this scenario, Grand mole does not get a chance to even activate.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:17 am

Spoiler:
    Great...
    Now testing suggest, BRD,Dandy and DCK works ignoring SEGOC?

a bit explanation:
    CL1: Dandy (active in graveyard)
    CL2: BRD(active in the field)
    CL3: DCK(active in the field, and on the grave during resolution)
    resolve backward:
    DCK negate BRD, 2 token poping in the field.
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:04 am

e^ipi+1=0 wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Great...
    Now testing suggest, BRD,Dandy and DCK works ignoring SEGOC?

a bit explanation:
    CL1: Dandy (active in graveyard)
    CL2: BRD(active in the field)
    CL3: DCK(active in the field, and on the grave during resolution)
    resolve backward:
    DCK negate BRD, 2 token poping in the field.

awesome you really did it
    well isnt it what it should be << fail grammar
    what i want to say in my first post is about that dck will negate hyunlei?

or what u call SEGOC make something different? what is SEGOC? IDK about it sorry
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:15 am

Ask again if you didn't found it after googling.
    and...Darksoul effect actually activated before Hyunlei for the record.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:28 am

Cards do not miss the timing unless they are activating their effects while a chain is resolving. Hyunlei will never miss the timing in this scenario. Darksoul's effect in this scenario will start as chain link 1 since its condition is met first, Hyunlei, activating straight after as link 2 upon its successful summon. This is a type of SEGOC that isnt really SEGOC, although both effects are optional, they are not exactly trigerring at the same time, but are placed on the chain at the same time. Its a bit confusing but its one of those things that needs a lot of explaining to understand Razz

Player A Synchro Summons Xx-Saber Hyunlei with Darksoul
    Chain Link 1: Darksoul is activated
    Chain Link 2: Hyunlei is activated, the targets are selected.
    Chain Link 3: Doomcalibur Knight tributes itself in response to Hyunlei.
    --- resolves backwards ---
    Chain Link 3: Hyunlei's effect is negated and Hyunlei is destroyed
    Chain Link 2: Negated
    Chain Link 1: Darksoul's effect will linger until the End Phase. During the End Phase a X Saber monster will be added to the hand.

EDIT: my bad i just rethought what i said. Darksoul is always Chain Link 1 since its condition is met first. Hyunlei will always be chain link 2, DCK will always respond to Hyunlei.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:29 am

Cards do not miss the timing unless they are activating their effects while a chain is resolving.
    That Generalization Cool
    I'll take it...
    so I guess In SEGOC there's more than turn/mandatory rule but also trigger is prioritized before quick?.
    although both effects are optional
    to be precise, the Activation of Darksoul is mandatory,Wat optional is whether you want to add during the end phase or not. though it doesn't change anything that it's sent to graveyard earlier. Cool

Last edited by e^ipi+1=0 on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : ;)->8))
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:16 pm

e^ipi+1=0 wrote:
    Cards do not miss the timing unless they are activating their effects while a chain is resolving.
    That Generalization Wink
    I'll take it...

This is the definition of missing the timing

e^ipi+1=0 wrote:so I guess In SEGOC there's more than turn/mandatory rule but also trigger is prioritized before quick?.

In the TCG this situation does not directly involve SEGOC like i said. If a card such as Darksoul (Trigger Effect activating when hitting the Graveyard) is used for a tribute summon, or a synchro summon, its effect is treated as being activated first no matter what. It will always be chain link 1, even if the new summoned monster has a trigger effect (that activates when summoned). In the OCG, this rule does not exist and both effects are treated as activating at the same time and will follow SEGOC rules.

e^ipi+1=0 wrote:
    although both effects are optional
    to be precise, the Activation of Darksoul is mandatory,Wat optional is whether you want to add during the end phase or not. though it doesn't change anything that it's sent to graveyard earlier. Wink

Correct the activation is mandatory, but the effect is optional, this is still an optional effect. You choose if you wish to add a X Saber when darksoul hits the graveyard. If you choose to do so, then in your end phase you can add a monster. You do not choose during your end phase to add or not. You must resolve the effect at the time of darksoul being sent to the graveyard. All trigger effects have mandatory activations.
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 pm

Aah...
    during the End Phase you can add 1 "X-Saber" monster
    Mislead me,
    anyway thanx for clearing that up. this topic can be locked now. Cool
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:39 pm

No worries. I like rules x]
    Blaze
    Blaze

Male Posts : 31
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Blaze Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:25 pm

i can't be sure for my answer,but i have a great chance of believing i am correct.when darksoul got out,it's effect activated in battle phase and resolved in end phase,BUT in ycs bochum if someone of you read the feature match(i think the one in final,but not sure about it)darksoul had errata.So it activates in end phase and resolves in end phase too.In your case,you make the synch and hyunlei gets negates by doom if you choose to activate eff.

PS.in the feature match there was a doom who attacked darksoul and it was destroyed during the end phase and my friends who were there after they returned they told me that the rule changed
    e^ipi+1=0
    e^ipi+1=0

Post by e^ipi+1=0 Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Was it probably the ruling before errata?
    I recall seeing if Darkhole being crow'd before end phase it's effect will not activate however, yeah that's wat the old ruling said. not the current one (at least one in wikia)
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:58 pm

there was never a ruling stated that if you crow'd darksoul it wouldn't activate eff.b4 errata darksoul activated eff in bp and resolved in ep.after errata it did both of them in ep
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:36 pm

The current official ruling is:

"The effect of "XX-Saber Darksoul" activates and resolves when it is sent to the Graveyard. Once the effect of "XX-Saber Darksoul" has resolved, a Lingering Effect is created, and will resolve during the End Phase."

End of story.

This hasn't been changed since May of 2010.

(And for added interest the lingering effect does not start a new chain at the end phase).
    Blaze
    Blaze

Post by Blaze Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:21 pm

Doomcaliber Knight was Summoned and attacked into XX-Saber Darksoul. Zamir Set a spell or trap and lost his monster in the End Phase (the effect of XX-Saber Darksoul triggered, which in turn triggered the effect of Doomcaliber Knight). that's the part of the feature match in final of ycs bochum,all the judges were watching,so i think that prooves that i am correct and that in that ycs the rule about darksoul changed officially

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 4:08 pm