Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+27
Kalin Kessler
Sil
firefsp
Tyann
Crescent
kyosuke kiryu
kiryu111
Aludra
CaptainChrno
Tyki
Jaden Yuki
Gothicmess
xcross21
coolnerdbird
OptimusYale
DayTime
WilBer
Janembo
The Detonator
DragonEmperor
CatGirl
wolverine
Flodian
Lunchbox
Nhant
Supreme_King
DanceJonDance
31 posters

Let us get to know you.

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Let us get to know you. Empty Let us get to know you.

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:13 am

This post is for people who would like to tell us a little more about themselves so that we can know that behind that user name there is a person that likes other things besides dueling.

I'll try to break the ice and tell a bit about myself.

My name is Jon, I'm 19 o__o and I have always liked yugioh since it came out in about 02? 03? I collected for a while then quit, but still enjoyed the game, at that time it was just way too expensive to keep as a hobby. I played some emulators with yugioh games, until I eventually stumbled on KCVDS this summer, I got into it and on my spare time (which is not a lot these days..)I run this forum with my staff to bring the events you guys enjoy xP

I'm in college, I go to san francisco state it's my first year there because I took a year off. My major is English, and I'm hoping to become a college professor after I get my masters and be a writer for a magazine/newspaper on the side. I usually like to go out on the weekends, and focus the weekdays on homework, since most of the homework I do requires me typing stuff, I get to be pretty active on hamachi, which is why you guys see me on a lot, but I also leave my laptop on sometimes which is why you guys see me, and message me, but I don't reply x] I have a pretty good set of friends, who are also in school so it's hard to keep in touch and hang out during the week (especially the ones who go to colleges far)which is why we get together on the weekends.

Uh.. I play the guitar, I learned when I was seven because my mom forced me to, but once I actually got the hang of it, it became a pretty huge passion for me... let's see what else o_o.. Umm.. I have a gf, and I'll probably move in with her after I finish my G.E. cause I plan to transfer to Washington State, or Pennsylvania state university, and she is moving with me, sooo that's something to look forward to.

I want to travel the world, successfully finish my career, and make room in my busy schedule to spend as much time as possible with you guys because sincerely some of you guys have become really good friends, no matter where you are, what you look like, or how you act. I'm open to any questions, and I'd like to hear more about you guys now x]
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Let us get to know you. Empty Re: Let us get to know you.

Post by Supreme_King Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:15 am

Ok guys, this is The Supreme King sharing a bit of his life to you.

I'm 14(soon 15), but I consider myself way more mature than that, since I don't like to bully someone or something similar(like harassing noobs since I was one myself a couple of years ago). I stumbled upon KCVDS a couple of years back and back then I used to run mixed decks which were epic fails but a lot of fun to run:D Now I just want to become better by the moment, also to learn how to make fun, yet competitive decks and how to become an even better GFX artist.

As for my real life, I'm one of the best(if not the best, no bragging) student in my town. With such a reputation to keep, I'm sorry if I'm hard to be found online at times, but studying is my top priority at the moment. Also, I love working with computers, that being the reason why I want to become either a professional graphic artist or a very good computer programmer. Also, atm my life is a little complicated, especially since I'm waiting to buy a new pc and the one I layed my eyes on is a great one for the buck, this stopping me from being as active as I was at the beginning.

My hobbies, well, I only have very few, but my favourite is Card Magic Very Happy . Whenever you want some magic, I'm your guy. I only started learning magic around half a year ago but I've already become pretty good at it.

So guys, this is what I think is interesting about myself to be said. See ya around and let's have fun!

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:47 am

Hey guys some of you have seen me around a lot already and know a little about me, but here is some more stuff about my personal life off the computer xD

Well i just turned 16 on oct 19 ( i barely just got my permit, but i dont have a car >.<). I'm a sophomore in High school. I live in cali, the sunny state haha. I started playing yu-gi-oh a year or 2 after it came out and played for about a couple years then i stopped and i just recently started playing again, when all the metas like bws, ls , and gb cme out. My deck was an old school beatdown, so i pretty much got beat everytime i went to a tourny. I don't have that much money so im just pretty much trying to trade for new cards. I also onlt started playing KCVDs in the summer when my freinds showed me, but they don't play anymore. When i first started playing KCVDS i was pretty noob and thought i was the best with my dragon deck stuffed with like 60 cards lol. I thought there was not much more to KCVDs than dueling, until i was recruited to an academy, LDA, and i found out about academies. I i was at LDA i began to get better at dueling an aimed to get to the top. When i first got tested there i was put into the slifer dorm , the lowest one -_- I aimed to get to the top and progrressed my way to Ra, then Obelisk, and then i was asked to become a tester. I then switched over to TWA, but my time there was pretty short. Then DJD told me he was making an academy and I was willing to support him all the way so now here i am xD.

Enough about that. Well i love to hang out with my friends, but i don't get to hang out wiht them much anymore ever since high school hit, i try to be with them as much as possible though. I'm in a couple clubs at my school like key club, red cross, and bboy club. My favorite sport is track and i am on the track team, but the season hasn't started yet. Another thing i do in my spare time is bboy, breakdancing incase u didn't know. When my friend first showed me this i thought it was the coolest thing in the world so i decided to try it for myself and now i have been doing it for about 2 or 3 years now. I go to competions and battles sometimes, but im not that great yet. This is pretty much all about me =D

Last edited by Nhant on Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lunchbox
    Lunchbox

Male Posts : 220
    Speed Credits : 2096

Post by Lunchbox Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:56 am

Hey guys, this is Marik Ishtar here and I'll tell you a little bit of my life =)

Hmmm, lets see where to begin...

I am 18, I am a professional gamer for Major League Gaming. The highest winning I got from playing in a tournament in MLG is $12,000. I had to split it with my team obviously lol. I take pride into what I do. I want to keep gaming in MLG until I can't. I have not won a championship yet. My I have a feeling my time will come XD. I am known as Lunchbox. I am a real nice guy. I am very chill and down to earth. I am in Highschool. I am a 12th grader aka a Senior xD. MLG is going to have their championships which is like the SuperBowl of MLG. The championships are on January 8th threw the 10th. So all weekend long. If you want to watch me do what i do, at that date you can watch me on Jan 8th-10th on www.MLGPro.com. I will be the long hair person named Lunchbox on team Instinct. Wish me Luck =). Anyway as I said before, I take pride in what I do, and I am damn proud of that. I use to be made fun of in a jokingly way. But until I showed people what I do, they thought it was awesome. So you guys should check it out soon. And yeah I don't know what else. But I love you all <3

- Lunchbox aka Marik Ishtar
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:02 am

You should change your TDA name to lunchbox Marik xD
    Flodian
    Flodian

Male Posts : 648
    Speed Credits : 6588

Post by Flodian Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:35 am

Sup guys, I'm Flodian and I'm the newest mod. ^_^

I'm 17 and in my last year of high school, which is really a disguised name for application hell. I started yu gi oh when it just came out all those years back. Back when Dark Magician and Blue Eyes were like uber gangster and the time of 80 card decks. But I quit shortly some time before GX started. I found KCVD at the start of the school year and took up yu gi oh again.

I'm sorta the graphics mod around here (since my duelling skills aren't top tier and would besmirch the capabilities of the rest of the mods) so if you need anything that involves GFX feel free to ask me. However I'm still very much a beginner at photoshop, I started roughly last Christmas so I doubt I'm even using 10% of what there is to use. So maybe we call all learn together. ^_^

As for the real life me, I like to play basketball and volleyball (used to play competitively... but school has taken over) and of course hanging out with friends. I'm currently trying to start random clubs at my school for the sake of more volunteering hours... so wish me luck on that. xD I'm also your typical nerd... not to be confused with geek though. If you don't know the difference read the 5th entry here
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerd

Anyways, have fun around the forum guys and gals and I'll see you around. ^_^
    wolverine
    wolverine

Male Posts : 248
    Speed Credits : 773

Post by wolverine Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:43 am

well this is wolverine telling things about himself

well i am 13 and turning 14 in Jan 29 and i am in 8th grade. I am drawer i am the best in my class i am taking high school art for a high school credit. i have been playing yugioh for 1 or 2 years i have never been good at it but i can't hurt to learn more. The first academy i went was speed world and was put in the lowest rank but then it had to close because it was joining with a another academy so then i joined DAD academy i have lots of good friends there. I went to toon world because one of my friends told me about it so then a joined. when i was there DJD told me if i wanted to join TDA and of course i did so now i am here.

now for my life outside the internet. i am the smallest of 3 and my mom said that it is hard for me to get stuff.
    i listen to hip-hop, rap, and rock but not heavy rock i hate that but that's my opinion. i am trying to save up to buy yugioh tag force 4 for psp it is gonna come out the 15 of this month. i love to duel my friends in my neighborhood. my favorite thing to do is magic and rap and draw i also play the drums so i love to make beats it annoys my teacher witch is funny by the way. i love to learn more about yugioh because i still don't get somethings. i want to be a video game designer because my mom says i am very creative. well that is all i have to say about myself
    Lunchbox
    Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:06 pm

DanceJonDance wrote:You should change your TDA name to lunchbox Marik xD

Haha, yeah thats a great idea. I think I am going to do that. Do you know where I can request a name change?
    wolverine
    wolverine

Post by wolverine Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:27 pm

how come they call you lunchbox
    Lunchbox
    Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:28 am

wolverine wrote:how come they call you lunchbox

Lol yeah a lot of people wonder that. Lol its a long story, but basically my brother Justin who is known by Roy in Major League gaming use to make fun of me because I use to be kinda fat, and my brother use to call me Lunchbox from I believe Jay and Silent Bob back in the day. So I needed to come up with a name for MLG and I decided to go ahead and use Lunchbox. That pretty much covers it XD
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:06 pm

Surprised

*Reality world*
    Now that I'm over 18, school's (I agree with ya Nhant)becoming more of a big priority and next year will be my last for being homeschooled since I was 5, so I want to make it through as much as possible. I'm also busy helping with important duties for home, homework, and other issues. so it's tough nowadays to get a hold of a duel (Which is why I haven't been active lately in both HAM and KCVDS).
    Other than that, I have two female pets: Duchess; 13 yr. old long-haired cat, and Jenna; 5 yr. old American Eskimo dog.
    Smooth Jazz music has been a best friend to me because I like relaxing to friendly moody tune and it’s not too exaggerating either. If I need a Jazz-It-Up type of Jazz song, then I’d like to dance with it. ^_^ I thank my grandparents for it when they introduced me to Jazz at age 12.
    Personality: Old-Fashioned.. Very.

Basics of reality (How I got started with Duel Monsters):
    Well, it happened on July of 2003 at age 11 when my mom had surgery. Later, we stayed at my grandparent's home until she recovered. During our stay, I grew bored watching the news in the living room and thought what else is on in the guest room. I kept flippin' the channels until I hit the Kids WB station (Used to be that station, but it's long passed since 2005?). It was then I saw for the 1st time the duel of Yami against Pegasus. At first I thought, "Ah, well.. Maybe a couple of minutes. This Yami guy is cool so far." But those couple of minutes turned into half an hour, and from that point, I checked on the TV guide for the next episode. My dueling days began..
    The next day, I went shopping with my grandmother for my 1st dueling deck: Yugi's Structure Deck (From the moment I saw Yami/Atem, he became my favorite character, so I made this deck pick a good choice). As the years pass, I kept using the original D. Magician and another D. Magician (In gold text) from a booster pack, which became my confidence card. So whatever I can find in collecting Yu-Gi-Oh! Merchandise whether it’s by stores, malls, conventions, fairs, to yard sales. Some are not too easy to find nowadays, acting as Eagle Eye for any traces and get it if I could.
    The good old dueling days:
    I played duel monsters close to home at a little book store at the plaza, which is about ½ mile away from home, every Sunday; easy enough to ride my bike. This book store was when I once played Pokemon before Yu-Gi-Oh! took over. No matter what outcome I end up, I still enjoy each duel no matter what. A few wins here and there. ^_^ “Do you trade?“ guys ask me, but my answer has always been “No” because I never wanted to trade, not even to trade my cards that are like missing pieces to a combo. I do eventually find the card(s) I’ve been looking for later in weeks/months/years. So I stay patient. And besides, every card I have is considered special; doesn’t really matter what it is.
    One deck I’ve used for a looooooooong time, was my Darkness Deck #1 (It also has a brother: Darkness Deck #2, but it’s not as strong). Later on I decided to make it into a Spellcaster Counters Deck since the Spellcaster’s Command deck was released. The dueling results improved by a lot. There were a lot of times when I get my opponent to surrender if he either has no card in their hand to save them, set Spell or Traps, or I choose not to attack when I use my “Wall Of Revealing Light” trap card. lol
    How I came to KCVDS:
    Just this year, after nearly 8 yrs. of playing duel monsters at the book store, I came by and saw that the playing area was completely deserted. As I parked my bike, a friend of mine, who owns the store (Also known him for years during my short Pokemon months and long Yu-Gi-Oh! years) came out to tell me that nobody’s coming to play Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore. I couldn’t believe my ears, I’ve asked “Why?”; Nobody purchased enough Yu-Gi-Oh! merchandise to keep the support of having the game go on every Sunday.
    But what else I found out beforehand, one of the guys told me that a new rule was to stop trading cards, and I think maybe it sounded too… Well, disappointing to the traders. I dunno. But I can’t explain how upsetting it was when I came to find out. Another guy (Before the sad news), filled me in on the details about where to duel online, and that’s when I heard about KCVDS.
    A few months later, I stopped by the book store and saw that went out of business. I was crushed, but I won’t forget those fun times I’ve come to play Duel Monsters.
    Academy to Academy:
    Kk, so I made my first entry into Battle City (Now called Kaiba Corporation). Then Aster (Through HAM) asked me to join Light Duel Academy. And finally, DanceJonDance asked me to join his new academy, which I was more than happy to join and hang out and about with you guys. ^_^ I may not be active in KC, but I’m around for both LDA and TDA.

Accomplishments?:
    1) Since I was 9, I studied Aikido (Japanese defense martial arts and when I met my best friend on my first day) for 7 yrs., and currently have a 1st degree black belt. Also the 4th girl in dojo history and to have my name recorded in Iwamma, Japan. At the moment, I’ve been absent for some time due to other matters, but I will come back to train again.
    2) I volunteered to foster cats and kittens at home from 2005-2008 (Age 13-16). Jenna looked like a cat to some of the kittens and they enjoy playing with her. On the other hand, Duchess couldn’t care less and doesn‘t want to have any involvement whatsoever. She was mad at me for 1 month! XD
    3) Won 2nd place for Hobby collecting Yu-Gi-Oh! (Only the first wave! Hope to do a 2nd wave collection in the future). Also won 1st place for a mixed media (Not by computer) drawing of Atem from the front cover of Duelist Volume 10; I added my own anime character next to him. ^^ Two 2nd place drawings: One mixed media of Atem from the front cover of Duelist Volume 23 drawn in B&W, and the second one of Atem from the back cover of Millennium World Volume 5 drawn in mixed media. All this at a county fair.
    Another drawing I’ve done at an anime convention won 3rd place: Center perspective of three feline heroes ready to fight using their magic.

Recreation:
    1) Once in a while, I’d go to my grandparent’s vacation home to fish (Lots of Blue-Gill), take a spa, jetski, and relax in the living room listening to Jazz music while I’m either drawing, or typing up stories on my laptop.
    2) Record VHS tapes of Yu-Gi-Oh! Episodes as much as possible on Saturdays. Well, so far, I’ve recorded the 1st season, Capsule Monsters, and several of the Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s series.
    3) Watch famous movies, old & new with my mom. Does anyone know John Wayne? Gene Kelly? William Holden? Very Happy Kk, switching to modern time; Tom Hanks, Nichols Cage, Johnny Depp. Lol ^_^
    4) I’ve been to a few anime conventions in the last couple of years. Each one, I’d wish to relive them again.
    One anime store I won’t forget: There was an anime store 5 miles from home and I’ve only been there ONCE. When I looked around, I came across an Atem doll that was $20. I couldn’t get it then, but I remembered that there was this convention this store will attend to. So I decided to save up and got to the convention. Sure enough, that same doll was there the store brought and finally was able to get it. A couple of months later, I’ve asked my mom to take me back to that anime shop and when I got there, it went out of business too. >_< But I was lucky enough to get the doll. I think I had the feeling that maybe it won’t be too long before the store might not stay around and I might not get an opportunity; I made haste to get that doll ASAP and was successful.

Future dream: One day publish my own series of manga books and I hope for Shonen Jump to approve of it. I’ve been writing/drawing this Story since July of 2005 at age 14. I won’t mention the total, but I’ll only say I have more than 9 different stories sharing the same title goin’ on. At the moment the process is slow. Still needs heavy work, have lots to learn, but I won’t give in. It’s what I’ve been wanting to fulfill. I wanna have my heart and dedication set on it. Even when I was a little kid, I’ve shown some hidden potential for art, so I guess I might’ve found my strengths as time passed. Later, I found out what I want to do in the future when 2005 came along.
    After I graduate high school, I hope to find a supportive job, graduate college, find some art/anime/illustration classes, and focus my dream towards publishing my manga Story. All I want is to stand on my own two feet and say, “ I did it.”

~ cat

Last edited by CatGirI on Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:16 pm

wow catgirl that was intense x] glad you opened up, maybe you could scan and upload the stuff you've written so far? I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd love to have some kind of weekly manga made by our very own catgirl x]
    Flodian
    Flodian

Male Posts : 648
    Speed Credits : 6588

Post by Flodian Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 pm

intense wall of text. ^_^ lol And I like DjD's idea lol.
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:55 am

@ DJD:

Wow, thanks for the compliment. ^_^ *looks at Flo* Like-wise. Smile

I will be happy to come up with short weekly stories for you guys. Smile Gave it a lot of thought on the day when you suggested this part of the idea. Kk, I wish to discuss more about it when I obtain the free time. Weekly, hmm. I'd like the sound of it. study
    My Story and my art, on the other hand, I cannot show you those because I take full responcibility for every note or drawing I've done, or even to tell what the Stories are about. Therefore, that's not possible. But I will make up other ones just for TDA. Smile

~ cat
    DragonEmperor
    DragonEmperor

Female Posts : 106
    Speed Credits : 1331

Post by DragonEmperor Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:14 pm

I could talk about myself, but it's better not to know who i real am. afro So the emperor will stay a mystery. lol!
    Lunchbox
    Lunchbox

Post by Lunchbox Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:07 pm

Awww that sp0ils the fun =(
    DragonEmperor
    DragonEmperor

Female Posts : 106
    Speed Credits : 1331

Post by DragonEmperor Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:06 am

fun for me for to know, and for you never to know. XD lol!
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 am

lets make a poll:

Should we force emperor to talk about himself??
    Let emperor be a mystery o.o xD

i vote talk about himself, even if something small xD

--The Detonator--
    wolverine
    wolverine

Post by wolverine Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:36 pm

yea i vote for him to talk
    why be a mystery
    Janembo
    Janembo

Male Posts : 294
    Speed Credits : 2900

Post by Janembo Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:16 pm

Well I saw you all wrote you history's so I guess I will writte my also:
    My name is Nikola.I am 14 years old.I live in Belgrade(capital of Serbia).I am usualy B+ student witch is prity good 4 me...Since I don't rely care much about school...but still I want to be atleast A- student.I am still in elementary school here,but that is by our scholarship...By American I whould be probably secnd or thrid year of high school(here elementary starts from 7 and it has 8 years).
    I could describe my self as....Hmm well it is hard to describe your self...but I could say I am little bit more playful.I like to joke very much...I even to much...I like to make people laugh and to people make me laugh becouse I think life whitout laugh is empty....Iv lived some things what are sad,I don't think it is topic to tell you what they are.I am type of person who is lazy...But If I want some thing to do or achive there is no stoping me...(no ,seriously^^)I'm alvaus a bit sleepy...But I can be hyper active also...Like 2 persons inside of me^^.
    I have finished 3 years of Programing school named:"System pro" and 2 years of school named "Z or cet on my languige"It is micro soft school for "talented" and I'm not even that talented...I just studdied,they helped us there to develop our logic(hard to explain this),and we learnt there to program in Macro media Flash(I made 1 cartoon),C#,C++,C virtual,3D studio max,and so on...
    I play bass guitar for about a year..And I beleve I'm doing great.I played in 1 band but mom told me I can't play cuz of bad grades=.=
    Well for future I think I will probably be or programer or musician.
    I'm big anime fan....I play yugioh for about 6 years...I like Magic the geathering better but...I don't know actionaly why I don't play it...To lazy I gues^^
    I play dota for 3-4 years or so...And I'm doing it pritty well...
    Lol this is big text^^
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:52 am

Lets start mine

Im 13 go 14 , 8 grade , like all kind of food , dont like music , parents force me too got many lessons , my school is in all-boy school . i often angry , i got stress cuzz my sisters , i like dueling, i dont like spend money to get cards , play KCVDS for 1 years , maybe still KCVDS noob or maybe growing a bit , i like making deck , im a lazy ppl ( thats why i write like this ) , cant speak English well , i dont like give ppl my photo

I dont like go to vacation but i want to meet ya all guys , I hate become a top class duelist , dont have creativity , i like playing tennis , almost never do bad thing at school , hate many of sports , cant play any music , like hear song , I really like watching yugioh series from first ( Yugi ) until 5ds

I love dueling strong ppl cuzz from them i can get many lesson , person who make me joining academies is DJD i duel him in a HAM tourney lose then he say i should join TWA so i join and now i join TDA forgot who tell me about that .... , i got many academies Slifer or a rank which beginner are on except on LDA when i got lucky , but i will do better and better and will go to elite dorm .... Going with my monarch 55 cards deck first when 1.19 out i use fish synchro now i use dark synchro and little city anti meta going better many advice go to me so KCVDS and Acadmies make me happy

I like being in my room , own bedroom where all of my stuff there

I dont like to tell myself so much and dunno what to say , so i just make this really short and with bad grammars , spelling ,and other

but ill give u some facts about me
    ( PLEASE dont harass me )

This is facts about me :
    - I HATE PC PROBLEM ( THEY COME EVERYDAY )
    - I AM A BIT BISEX ( ONLY A BIT TRY TO FIX THAT PROBLEM )
    - I REALLY LOVE TO EAT AND EAT ONCE EACH 2 HOURS
    - I EVER GOT KISS BY MY FRIEND AND HE IS A BOY XDD
    - IM LAZY TO BRUSH MY TOOTH
    - I LOVE LADIES AND GIRLS MORE THAN BOY ( STILL ) Smile
    DayTime
    DayTime

Male Posts : 7
    Speed Credits : 3

Post by DayTime Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:58 am

Hi! I won't be sharing my name today (because I hate my name, it's ugly). I live in SoCal and I am a freshman in high-school. I used to duel on KCVDS frequently during the summer, and I might be a little more active during winter break. To be honest, I am socially and physically un-inclined, timid, and very nerdy. I'm 1st generation American-Chinese. and all the clothes I own are really preppy (All the jerks at school comment on what I wear, but in my opinion, I just dress classy unlike those fools who don't understand anything except for the latest fashion trends... idiots.). They are either from Tommy Hilfiger or Polo Ralph Lauren . I am in all honors classes, and am an A student, overloaded with school work 24/7. I usually only get 5-6 hours of sleep, and am working constantly throughout the weekend. My worst subject is English, and I would describe myself as being mature (even though I am too quiet for anyone to realize it except for my friends), really boring (if we don't share the same interests), and very .. strange with no self-esteem/confidence whatsoever (My parents always tell me that I shouldn't be so wierd, and their friends always say I need more confidence), and finally very critical of people or certain types of people that I stereotype and dislike.

Things that annoy me like no other:
    1. People who try to act cool, and be something they aren't.
    2. Girls who wear revealing clothing, or like showing off to impress men.
    3. Cocky, arrogant men who just think they are the best thing that ever happened to this planet.
    4. People in general who think they are really smart, attractive, amazing, special, good (and are not humble).
    5. People who cross their arms, or put their hands in their pockets.
    6. People who think that being physically fit is the most important thing in life.
    7. People who bully others, and use an excuse that they want to train you to "toughen up" or "fight back".
    8. Sexism. "Man Up." "Be a man." "You hit like a girl." "Ladies first."

... I'll continue later o.o
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:09 am

Very interesting Daytime.I'm pretty sure your name is just fine, people usually tend to hate their names for the wrong reasons xD. Anyway, I'm actually an English major Mad you can ask Nhant and some others xD i've helped with their homeworks before, if you ever need help just let me know. I'm glad to help people out with English. I'm studying to be a writer/english teacher so it 's good practice for me xP.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Thu Feb 04, 2010 9:59 am

Ok let me properly let you know me

My real name is Simon. I'm a 22 year old English/Philosophy Graduate from Birmingham, England. I graduated with a 2.2 because most the time I was either drunk or playing xbox...and I never really studied hard. I'm 6'4 Blonde hair Blue eyes.I originally come from a small town in England called 'Dudley', about 20 minutes from Birmingham. I currently live in Sangju City, South Korea and I'm an English teacher at an Academy. I only applied for this job due to a bad break up with an ex girlfriend and I've found a job that I'm truly in love with! Korea is an Incredible experience and teaching the kids is unbelievable fun (most the time). So if anyone needs a little english tuition or help with homework I'll gladly help

So I got into Yugioh about 3 months before the original american cards came out (I still use cards from my original yugi starter deck). I collected mostly Japanese cards for a while. However I entered one of the first national unnoffical tournaments with a maha Vailo Beat down deck and would have easily finished top 5 but was removed as I was kind of overwhelming the kids who spent ridiculous money on their cards (to prove a point when I was DQ'd I left the hall, dueled every kid buying ridiculous ammounts of cards and beat everyone of them by at least 6000 LP's). Then I kind of retired to just playing with friends and then eventually not at all. I first played KCVDS when I was in my first year at uni, then during my second year I had a bust up with the mods and was banned for 3 days..then I kind of just never returned. When I came back my original account had been deleted so I jsut made the new one with my xbox gamertag Smile

What else is there to say? Well I'm a big football fan (soccer to most people here) and I support Wolverhampton Wanderers. Currently an EPL team and hopefully it will stay like that for many years! I have a younger brother and sister. My sister whos 19 gave birth to my gorgeous niece just a few days after I left for Korea. I currently have a girlfriend who's back home in the UK. I love outdoor activities like rock climbing, kayaking, Abseiling, hiking. Though I've had to reduce significantly the ammount of time on the rocks due to a problem with my left hand! It's painful and the joints are knackered so if I go climbing I have to pump up with painkillers!

I've recently started doing taekwondo everyday which is good but it goes against everything I learnt in other martial arts (Karate, Kickboxing and Muay Thai!)

future dreams: well I'd like to become a teacher in the Uk but the difference between the kids here and there is immense and I dont htink I could hack it. Would love to get my MA and PHD in philsophy and English and do that for a living! Anyways back to work!

Anyways here's a link to my facebok page for photos and the like! I have to get back to work but if you guys are on facebook hook me up Smile

https://www.facebook.com/simon.yale?ref=profile
    coolnerdbird
    coolnerdbird

Male Posts : 95
    Speed Credits : 1636

Post by coolnerdbird Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:05 pm

Coolnerdbird here, some of you probably know me, maybe....probaly not...slim chance... almost non existent... well on to my history

NAME: My real name is Henry, and there is no reason behind this name. My sisters were complaining how Ryan was a bad name, so they called me Henry 0.o My in game name is coolnerdbird, and the creation of that was actually kinda funny. I wanted to be a little creative awhile back and not use Henry1 Henry2 Henry 3 etc. for my games so i thought, what adjective describes me the best? I decided on nerd, that became the basis of my name. Next i thought, what am I not? And the answer was cool (I'm fine with people disagreeing *hint hint*), so my name became CoolNerd. But i really like rhymes so i decided to rhyme nerd, so that's where bird came out XD.

Age and stuff: 14 from California. I live in the SF so a lot of things are accepted here that are rejected elsewhere, e.g gay marriage. I'm a high school freshmen talking French.

Yugioh: I really liked Yugioh from the very beginning, When it first came out on WB I was sure to wake up early on Saturday to watch it. From the very first episode I wanted to play. In about 1 year, i convinced my parents to buy me a starter deck, I got yugi cause' hes the protagonist, although now that i think about it, i shoulda gotten Kaiba pack XP. I lost that deck now and my parents will never let that go, so since then to around a year ago, I did not have any cards. Around last year, I found out one of my best friends played yugioh, by the end of the year, My skills improved 10 fold and I had a new deck ( Thanks to my friend). I found out about KCVDS a long time ago, when it only had a few cards and synchros were not even considered. I stopped after awhile because it did not update but now im playing again.

Things that annoy me:
    People who think they are smart
    People who think they are strong
    Basically poeple who think they are better than what they actaully are.
    Nails+Chalkboard

well, im glad i got to know you guys better =)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:17 pm