Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

My rare brag: Shonen Jump ^-^

CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

My rare brag: Shonen Jump ^-^ Empty My rare brag: Shonen Jump ^-^

Post by CatGirl Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:11 am

Of course we know about the new YGO movie playing in the US recently. They only have 4 showings on Feb 26-27th & again Mar 5-6th. Matinee at either 12:30 PM or 2:00 PM. Obviously I went to the Feb 26th 12:30 show. ^_^" Blown away..! O_O" Dah best!! >_<
    Moving on, the Shonen Jump website has set-up a fan-art contest to place the winner, 2 runner-ups, & the honorable mentions on the big screen previews before the movie plays. The next day I checked the Shonen Jump website for any updates for the contest and found the results. Guess who's among the list? *points to* Yours truly. ^_^

CLUE
    Spoiler:

http://shonenjump.viz.com/content/emyu-gi-ohem-fan-art-contest-winners

~ cat
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

My rare brag: Shonen Jump ^-^ Empty Re: My rare brag: Shonen Jump ^-^

Post by Crescent Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:01 pm

I know your name now ;D lol Great drawing, Cat (:
    chris9999
    chris9999

Male Posts : 133
    Speed Credits : 498

Post by chris9999 Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:30 pm

good drawing it was a nice idea to draw it like that
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:50 pm

all of them are drawing? i think the runner up (second one) is not a drawing .-. its look like PS or poster -.-

ur drawing look nice , especially the yugi one
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:01 am

Thanks guys! Wink

WilBer wrote:ur drawing look nice , especially the yugi one

Yup, I've done other drawings of him before which is why he looks really cool in this one. Wink
    I had to pick the thinnest pigma (ink) pen for his eyes, which is a delicate part of the entire drawing. A 005 size pen for the finnest lines like for instance the iris and the construction of the eyelids. Then to fill the eyelids, I'd switch this one for a 03 size (bigger). After carefully making the eyes, I focused on his mouth. This is also just as delicate because when we see him throughout the entire series, it's thin and almost fragile, it must be drawn with great care. This can be achieved when I use the 005 pen. But before I draw the smile, I tested with the pencil to see how small and how slightly curved upward his smile should be. Once I have the smile I want, it'll be inked in. I gotta be careful though, one wrong move and it'll be messed up. I would use correction fluid if it's not right, but I have a feeling when the judges look at it the points would costs me on account of it.
    Anyway, I figured that the Dark Magician Knight armor would be fitting to the entire drawing with Jaden in the Neos costume, and Yusei in the Stardust costume. When it comes to drawing outfits, you're your own magical tailor. ^^" lol

~ cat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 2:55 am