Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

Wanghu vs Valley

WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Wanghu vs Valley Empty Wanghu vs Valley

Post by WilBer Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:51 pm

well i got a condition

i summon valley and call prio to rfg it and other mons to draw 2 card while wanghu is on the field

my ques
    is that true if i cant call prio

and

is cyber valley eff work , valley rfged but dont get eff , or wanghu destroy valley and cause no valley eff

myself believe cause no eff for valley cuz valley is link 1 and wanghu is link 2 , meanwhile valley 2nd eff dont have cost ._. or anything

well its make my head gonna explode so someone help me
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Wanghu vs Valley Empty Re: Wanghu vs Valley

Post by CaptainChrno Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:51 pm

I believe Cyber Valley is destroyed first by King Tiger Wanghu before you can call prio to activate its effect. Here's the chain simulation:

1. King Tiger Wanghu is already on the field.

2. Cyber Valley is summoned.

3. Since the effect of King Tiger Wanghu is mandatory, its effect immediately activates when Cyber Valley hits the field, meaning that its effect starts a chain (as chain link 1). This is the part why you cannot call priority.

4. Because Cyber Valley effect itself is an ignition effect, you cannot chain King Tiger Wanghu effect with Cyber Valley effect.

5. Without further intervention, the chain resolves (which is in this case, only the effect of King Tiger Wanghu will resolve).

6. Cyber Valley is destroyed.

Hope it's clear enough Razz CMIIAW, I'm still learning too Very Happy
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:46 am

Confirming CaptainChrono's answer.

The reason why you can't call Priority is because both effects are Spell Speed 1 and Spell Speed 1 effects cannot be chained to each other unless both effects activate at the same time.

In this case, Tiger King Wanghu will activate first (it activates immidiantly when the monster is summoned), and you cannot chain your effect, its like trying to chain Royal Decree to Solemn Judgment.

The chain will go as follows:

Player A summons Cyber Valley
    Chain Link 1: King Tiger Wanghu's effect activates.
    Chain Link 2: (Player A can activate Spell Speed 2 or 3 cards now).
    ---Player A has no response, chain resolves backwards---
    Chain Link 1: King Tiger Wanghu's effect resolves, Cyber Valley is destroyed.

--The Detonator--

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:44 am