Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

How to Write a decent Fan Fic

Zerix
    Zerix

Male Posts : 104
    Speed Credits : 2032

How to Write a decent Fan Fic Empty How to Write a decent Fan Fic

Post by Zerix Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:34 am

I’ve noticed a lot of people were inspired by me to write fan fics =P So I decided to post this for you guys.

First two basic terms:
    Protagonist: The hero of the story
    Antagonist: The villains of the story

This is to teach you guys how to write a good Fan Fic. Keep in mind you can write it anyway you want but this is just something a lot of famous writers do. The following are things you need to have or things you can do to make a good fan fiction.

You need to have imagination
    You can’t write any kind of fiction without an imagination, write down all your thoughts even if they do sound crazy.

Proofreading, Grammar, And Pucntuation
    You don’t want to have posts that don’t make sense in your fan fic. Stuff like “Once upon a time it was hot and then I ate a watermelon its cold” That’s so cliché xP If you can’t proofread have a friend do it. Try to post with correct grammar, even if English isnt your 1st language try to get help from other people who are native to english. Pucntuation is hard to get a bull's eye on, but try to add commas, at least, in places for Appositives or for pauses.

There’s gotta be a reason why you’re writing
    Whether it be for entertainment or competition but have a reason, “Writing without a reason is like living without breathing.” –The Great Poet, Ryan

Plan out your scenes
    Even if there’s no paper or computer around think about what you want to happen in the chapter, then when you get to some paper or a computer type/write it out.

BASIC IDEAS
    Characters
    Even if you don’t have names for them think of a protagonist sidekick(s) and antagonists. And maybe even a damsel in distress. There are flat characters and there are round characters. Flat Characters are characters that are kind of in the background they don’t do much, they may do something really big but then they disappear or die. Round characters usually stick around for the whole story if not all, unless they die at the end is the only reason why I don’t see them sticking around for the whole story, but if they do die they die at the end.

Plot
    Think of a few basic ideas for your fan fic. Fiction works usually start with introducing their characters, introducing a main problem and what the protagonist has to do to save the day. Then as the story moves on more problems are introduced and the antagonists are introduced in the story as well. Then there’s a climax, where the exciting things happens and then the story ends with either a happy ending or a sad one, but all is now calm…

FORMAT
    Make it easier for your audience to read, add color, add spaces, basically anything to make it more readable. We will be changing this chat:
    "Hello, Bob!" Said Peter, as he walked up to him. "Hello, Bill." Replied Bob. "Bill? who are you calling Bill!!" Exclaimed Peter. Another man enters the room and says, "Hey, Peter whats up?" "Peter? That's your name?" Asked Bob.
    Into something more exciting and easy to read.

Make your Characters talk and do the actions
    Peter: Hello, Bob!
    Peter walks up to Bob
    Bob: Hello, Bill.
    Peter: Bill!?! Who are you calling Bill!?!
    A man enters the room
    Man: Hey, Peter whats up?
    Bob: Peter? That's your name?

Add Spaces

Peter walks up to Bob

A man enters the room

Add Color and Italics and Bold-Font

Peter walks up to Bob

A man enters the room

TA-DA!
    Which would you rather read? This:
    "Hello, Bob!" Said Peter, as he walked up to him. "Hello, Bill." Replied Bob. "Bill? who are you calling Bill!!" Exclaimed Peter. Another man enters the room and says, "Hey, Peter whats up?" "Peter? That's your name?" Asked Bob.

Or this:

Peter walks up to Bob

A man enters the room

(Don't answer)
    Hope this helped, special thanks to Ryan who helped write this.

sticky? =D
    DayTime
    DayTime

Male Posts : 7
    Speed Credits : 3

How to Write a decent Fan Fic Empty Re: How to Write a decent Fan Fic

Post by DayTime Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:06 am

Wow! Thanks so much. This really helped Very Happy Although, I'm confused on how “Once upon a time it was hot and then I ate a watermelon its cold” is cliche. But I laughed so hard at that... sorry hehe Embarassed
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:11 am

Wow this is a great guide on how to write a fan fic. Although I do no like to write , maybe except posts and replies. Even though i don't like to write i could tell that it would help a lot of people who are clueless about how write one.
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:00 am

Hmmm good one but still im confuse

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:31 am