Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+8
coolnerdbird
xcross21
the jancok
Atem
WilBer
wolverine
Flodian
CatGirl
12 posters

A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09

Poll

Who Is Your Fav. "Main Cast" Character?

[ 1 ]
    A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b1333%A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b15 [33%] 
    [ 0 ]
    A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b130%A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b15 [0%] 
    [ 1 ]
    A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b1333%A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Vote_b15 [33%] 
    [ 1 ]

Total Votes: 3
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Empty A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09

Post by CatGirl Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:18 am

First topic message reminder :

Welcome
    To
    A Hiro’s Tale!

By
    ~ CatGirl ~

In this story, I’ve put together a set of amusing characters that’ll tell the story about a 15 yr. old orphan teen boy named Hiro, who’s trying to clear his name by attending to Roseworth High School with the help of his manic best friend,Tyrain. Along the way, Hiro meets a charming, yet an arrogant bully named Evan, and a hard-study pretty girl named Tara.
    As the story progresses, Hiro’s burning questions about his forgotten family will soon unveil once his 16th birthday arrives within 3 days… There’s no turning back on what he desires to know, he begs to understand what caused his family to fade away. Therefore, he must fight to figure it out, but it’s somewhere hidden.. Near the school.. Can he find it?

**Some Secrets To Share**
    I don’t mind telling you what kinds of tools I’ve used to come up with this short story. Might help you too if you like storytelling or whatever you like to write about. Some tips here might be what everyone else does too. Great! Very Happy

1) When it comes to choosing a name for your characters, you ask yourself, “How would this person act? What are his/her wants? Does he/she have a sense of humor? How evil is he/she? How can he/she resolve this issue?” I mean there’s dozens of questions only you have to analyze to make a character. It can depend on who you see on TV, magazine, movie, history, or about a family member, a best friend, or someone you think can make him/her be different from everyone else other people can admire or dislike.
    It’s like you’re putting on Julius Caesar’s shoes in order to play the part of Shakespeare’s play in college; you read the script, you must know it, and begin to understand this character’s behavior of how Caesar is expressed the way Shakespeare described in the story. Once you come up to the stage and act the part, you might feel what the writer felt inside the character. From a tragic moment when his own best friend Brutus kills him, Caesar shouts, “Et tu, Brute?- Then fall Caesar!” Shocked by his best friend’s deadly hand to take away Caesar’s life, he falls. Seeing this might’ve surprised you because you might’ve felt how surprised Julius was, thus be the same to you as you follow the story.

2) Music can do wonders, especially when it comes to Soundtracks, which is my weapon. I pick several songs to play to help blend the moods to shape moments of the chapter as I type. For example, I play a silly tune when I’m writing up a comical moment or a fight scene from a Star-Wars song. ^^

3) An item I use for a little more inspiration, like your favorite card, picture, or anything of value right next to you while you’re typing/writing. Example: Your dad gave you a baseball signed by your favorite player for your birthday you’ll treasure forever to have beside you while you’re doing your homework and such.

4) Some of you might’ve done this, but I’ll say anyway: Write your story on a document BEFORE you post (What I’m doing for TDA) in case you need to make any other changes before posting (Last thoughts before ‘post publishing’). It’s a good idea to get a better view of your writing beforehand. If you just simply write your story all on the TDA post site and something happens to mess it up before all your hard work is done.. It’ll vanish altogether! Certainly you writers don’t want that kind of disaster on your hands. Write and save your work on a document BEFORE posting. Once done, you copy/paste on the post edit and fancy it up whatever you want (Color, font, etc.). Trust me; you’ll be very happy if you do what I do for this story to ensure security. No pain, no gain. Very Happy

And now the Main Cast!

Like a Star @ heaven ~MAIN CAST~ Like a Star @ heaven

*The Leading Hero* --- Hiro Jasaki

Newly transferred 15 yr old Hiro Jasaki joins Roseworth High School in pursuit to clear his unknown past.
    Hiro’s lack of socializing with others made them feel uncomfortable around him because Hiro has no history of his life to tell, except the fact that he was raised in an orphanage resulting getting picked on by bullies such as Evan. Therefore, Hiro thinks that he has no interest in communicating with anyone, except for his best friend, Tyrain Salo. Most of his time in the orphanage, Hiro would relax by his favorite hiding place beneath an old abandoned stone bridge he called Loom Bridge, to read his favorite medieval adventure stories of heroism, tragedy, and romance to fill his mind in place of his unknown memories with imagination. Other times he taught himself how to use a sword by using sticks and brooms with Tyrain over time while they were kids. Hiro's potential is unknown, which makes him hard to understand what he wants to do in the future.
    His personality describes him to be fickle and docile of a person. So unbelievably hard to predict. Talking to school principals, squealing girls who have crushes on Hiro, and to chat with others makes him uncomfortable too. Despite all that, he’s rarely seen as conscientious while he trains on his own turf with his fantasies he reads from his favorite books. Alone with his mind near the bridge, he reveals his inner self as a warrior, hungry for a chance to thrive what he hoped to believe that he’s some kind of knight fighting to save a life. Sadly, he knows it’s only a dream. Yet, he firmly believes his fantasy to be true.
    Truthfully, all of his questions about his past and his medieval fantasies are about to unfold.

*The Best Friend*---Tyrain Salo

Long time 15 year old friend of Hiro’s for 10 years and he still puts up to Hiro’s strange fantasies, although Tyrain does find their game of sword fighting amusingly fun (Hiro keeps telling him it’s no game, it’s some part of his hidden talent he never knew he had; could Hiro’s father be a knight?). Tyrain’s lifestyle consists of wealth selling energy-saving electric Hummers, Toyotas, and other major car products. When he first met Hiro, Tyrain asked his own parents to help him get an education to attend to Roseworth High School with him, the wealthiest high school in Tokyo. He does all he can to keep Hiro out of trouble among other snob bullies from insults about Hiro’s unknown past in his own deceitful and loud-mouth way in order to prevent a possible fight. But it sometimes lands him into detentions to risk his neck for Hiro’s sake, because he knows how upsetting it is talking about Hiro’s past. Later on, he’ll know there’re more dangerous things than just mopping floors down the hall and scrubbing cafeteria dishes. Not even close compared to what’s normal.
    Highly dogmatic when it comes to Hiro reading fantasy books about Knights of the Round Table and such, so he attempts to exchange them for more appropriate modern reading material like race car models, geographical history, invention of the iPod, and whatever else he can get to rid Hiro of his silly imaginations. Even though Tyrain pressures Hiro to forget about looking back at passed troubles, he still confides in him with consideration. Extroverted like you wouldn’t believe, especially when it comes to his favorite Rock music group: The Core Stars.

*The Girlfriend*--- Tara Yuui

Freshman year Roseworth High School student Tara Yuui is soon-to-be Hiro’s secret crush on his first day in high school. She doesn’t even know how much she means to Hiro while she’s quietly studying outside by the school garden’s water fountain. Nor does she notice that she receives a lot of secretive attention from him almost everyday, as in Hiro spies on her to make sure nothing crosses her path like a guardian angel keeping watch over her soul. Tara has some difficulties to concentrate on her studies when Evan shows up to tease and she tries to escape from him. Constant following by Evan and Hiro made her uneasy for a while, but later she comes to rely on Hiro to defend her from the annoying Evan which of course gave Hiro a chance to get to know her. He learns that her mother works as a landscaping architect and her father is a gourmet chef. She then asked Hiro what his life was like, but instead of telling her the actual truth, he bends his story by what he read from his books of his father selling the sweetest wine and his mother sold beautiful garments. This plan almost made Tara doubtful, but thankfully she believes his story. Tara will soon be surprised for what lies ahead for the two of them.
    Very enthusiastic with her studies, yet she tends to be on the shy side when she wants to speak out her ideas. If Hiro hangs around, she unwinds to better describe what she wants to share. She shows to many of her own friends how considerate she really is when she helps tend to the library on an everyday basis. Therefore, she dreams to be a librarian, but Hiro says she should be a writer because she spoke of telling colorful stories for many people to enjoy and hope to publish them all.

*The Show-Off*--- Evan Baily

Junior year Roseworth High School student is smug, handsome, and an ambitious teen bully, who delights himself the company of other high school girls drooling over him while he has his eyes set on teasing the hard-studying Tara. Evan’s aggressive side puts him on edge when he’s constantly confronted against Hiro whenever he comes too close to Tara’s strong dislike. Nobody is safe around a punk like Evan, you should pretty much get into your classroom before he gets close enough to make you his punching bag, but he easily gets away with it. Talk about unfair. His constant verbal insults on Hiro’s life puts Tyrain on boiling water and is sent to detention while Evan twists his lies to the teachers who find both Evan and Tyrain throwing punches in the hallway. If you think Evan’s life of bullying is bad enough, wonder what fate will come to him later as the truth of Hiro’s past comes into view.
    Oh, he’s extremely spiteful towards Hiro. Evan builds up on his rage, jealousy, and hatred shouting catty words to weaken Hiro’s assertiveness. He’s conceited to have everyone at the school so intimidated, which leaves Hiro and Tyrain to deal with Evan’s bossy attitude everyday and being very manipulative in all of his efforts to seize Tara as his girlfriend by force.

**NOTE**: This story is suitable for all ages. I guarantee it. Very Happy

I’ll do my best to update this post due to busy hours. Chapter #s on this topic will change.

Special thanks go to DanceJonDance, who suggested a story to share for every member of TDA. Smile
    Also to Phoenix Enforcer; I’ve read his post on “How to Write A Decent Fan Fic” here at TDA and it states clearly (As I see it) how to write a good Fan Fic anyone can enjoy. ^_^

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you…
    A Hiro’s Tale

Enjoy the story guys! Wink

-------------------------------
    Chapter 01

Opening…
    At an old abandoned stone bridge covered with vines and water does not flow beneath it. You find Hiro lying underneath the bridge holding a book over his head calmly reading to himself.
    Hiro (Calmly): Tragic. How sad. The knight sacrifices his life..
    Voice shouts (Annoyed): Hiro! Hey Hiro!
    Hiro calmly ignores the call.
    Voice shouts (Mocking tune): Oh, Hiro! I know you’re there someplace!
    Hiro continues to ignore the voice as he reads on.
    Voice shouts (Really annoyed): Hiro! I know you can hear me! Quit ignoring me again!!
    Still not bothering to get up and continues to read.
    Voice belonging to Tyrain comes into view from the corner of the bridge with an irritated stare and struts toward Hiro.
    Tyrain stops 2 ft. away from him (Annoyed): Geeze, Hiro! What gives!?
    Hiro (Calmly): Yes Tyrain. I’ve heard you shouting towards the heavens.
    Tyrain (Mad): Oh, don’t start with that Renaissance talk again. Why the heck didn’t you answer me?
    Hiro (Calmly): Because if I did, you criticize my reading and I would, again, be forced to stop reading at the very moment when-
    Tyrain (Mad): Yeah. Yeah. Mr. Tin Man has a hard time getting over a wimpy wooden fence and finally splurts out to his dearly sobbing girlfriend, [Imitates the knight resting on one knee with both hands at his chest] “Cynthia! Will you get a hold of yourself and marry me already so Hiro can go to Roseworth High School?”
    Hiro closes his book (Calmly): You spoil dramatic moments more than spoiling me.
    Tyrain stands (Mad): Oh, please! Are you kiddin’? Same book for ten years? Who can stand reading it for ten years since I’ve known you!? The only book you ever read!
    Hiro glares (Sternly): Please Tyrain. It’s all I have before my parents suddenly disappeared from the face of the Earth. I would appreciate it that you should at least-
    Tyrain (Scoffs): Sorry, man. Sorry. But are you just too closed-minded with just the one book and nothing else? Come on, man. At least read a book on the side once in a while. Which reminds me, did you finish reading my sociality book I’ve loaned you?
    Hiro (Calmly): No.
    Tyrain (Frantic): What?! Why?
    Hiro (Calmly): Does not interest me to socialize with people other than you.
    Tyrain (Slightly mad): Oh, fine. I wanted you to know what school life’s gonna be like Hiro. You gotta prepare yourself to talk to people… (Mad) Like a human being!
    Hiro (Stern): I know how to socialize. I don’t need that book.
    Tyrain (Mad): Since when!? I’ve never seen you talk to anyone else besides me!
    Hiro (Stern): Exactly. You’re the only one. I assume there must be people who act the same way as you.
    Tyrain almost falls over (Irritated): Wrong!! Hiro! You’ll be surrounded by people that are not from some freaky fairy land full of peasants! And another thing is that I won’t be around if we happen to split into our classes constantly for the next four years! Give me that! (Yanks the book from Hiro)
    Hiro gets up to retrieve the book (Getting mad): Give it back Tyrain! (Tyrain bobs and waves against Hiro’s attempts to grab the book) Leave me the way I am!
    Tyrain dashes off across the field with Hiro running right behind him.
    Hiro (Mad): Stop and give me back my book!
    Tyrain looks over his shoulder (Mad): Nuh-uh! You want it back, you better start reading other books that’ll open your mind instead of being closed-minded! You need to shape up for your future Hiro!! I'm not kidding!
    Both continue to run…
    At Roseworth High School entrance at 8:50 A.M.
    Tyrian makes it up towards the entrance and stops by the gate before Hiro catches up right beside him.
    They gasp for air for a minute. Then Hiro yanks the book roughly away from Tyrain. They throw angered glances a each other for a moment.
    Hiro (Mad): Huff.. This… Is pathetic Tyrain.. Huff.. What makes you think I’m closed-minded? Huff..
    Tyrain (Mad): Hiro. Same book.. For ten years…Huff.. Is about.. Huff.. Enough.. Sigh.. (Recovered) You gotta start expanding your lack of knowledge man. I’m doin’ this favor for you as a friend. My parents were more than generous enough to give the both of us a fancy education. I’m not gonna let you back down an opportunity of a lifetime. You got me? I’ll fight ya the same way with your chopsticks game.
    Hiro (Annoyed): How many times have I told you? Wooden sword training is not a game.
    Tyrain (Smug): Whatever you call it, I’ll be using it to fight our way into our classroom.
    Hiro stares irritated, then lifts his head to look at the school building. Hiro’s eyes widen some in surprise at the beauty of the school; almost everywhere looks more like a 4-story greenhouse more than a 4-story school, an enormous statue of a wise old man holding a book on one hand and holding scales on the other hand on top of the water fountain. Large walkways lead towards the hedge of red rose bushes near the huge entrance door.
    Hiro (Amazed): This is Roseworth High School?
    Tyrain smirks (Slyly): Yup! Come on! Our first class is on in ten minutes!
    Hiro blushes (Surprised): Wait. Class is today?
    Tyrain (Annoyed): Yeah? That’s why I went to look for ya. We’re gonna be late!
    Hiro (Surprised): Why didn’t you tell me?
    Tyrain (Not amused): Hey, I’ve called ya. Forget it now. Cuze you've ignored me, this is what you’ll get. (Opens gate) Lets go, or we’ll be late already! I don’t wanna land ourselves into detention right off the bat!
    Hiro follows Tyrain into the school grounds.
    Inside the Rose Hall, Tyrain anxiously glimpses around for their classroom, while Hiro stares curiously at the lockers.
    Tyrain (Anxious): Huh. Room A-24 should be around here someplace.
    Tyrain spots Hiro examining a locker.
    Hiro (Curious): What are these? Closets?
    Tyrain tries not to laugh (Pleasant): C-Close. Those are student lockers where you can put your personal stuff inside. Almost every one of them has a lock to protect them.
    Hiro (Anxious): Oh, so like hidden treasures?
    Tyrain walks down along the classroom doors to find their room (Smug): Heh. Swell dude. (Stops walking to face the classroom door) Found it!
    Hiro catches up next to Tyrain curiously.
    Hiro (Curiously): How many people are in the class?
    Tyrain (Plainly): Oh, maybe 15 or 20.
    Hiro freezes with a nervous stare.
    Tyrain places hand on Hiro’s shoulder (Smirks): It’s alright man. I’m in the same room as you.
    Hiro blushes harder (Nervously): That’s not what I’m referring to Tyrain.
    Tyrain (Smirking): Heh. Don't worry, I’m right behind ya pal.
    Hiro (Nervous): No, let me stay behind you and go back to Loom Bridge.
    Tyrain opens the door wide open (Smug): Nope!
    Ta da!
    Hiro blushes red in embarrassment. He sees the students stare curiously at Hiro and Tyrain- The girls squeal hysterically at them. Guys react staring surprisingly with anxious glares at Hiro and Tyrain.
    Girl 1 with blonde hair (Heart eyed with excitement): Wow! Who are those dreamy guys?!
    Girl 2 brunette (Heart eyed): Are they rich with cuteness!?
    Girl 3 blonde (Heart eyed): Either one can sit next to me!! I don’t mind!
    Hiro blushes in panic and whispers (Nervously): Tyrain..! Please, I beg of you..!
    Tyrain grabs Hiro and drags him in whispering (Sneakily): See? They already have an interest in you already on your first day!
    Teacher {Lady} shifts her glasses (Annoyed): Two minutes late?
    Tyrain has his arm around Hiro's shoulder (Who is still red in the face) and makes a pose to charm the girls.
    Tyain (Smug): Sorry teach. Overslept. Won’t happen again.
    Teacher (Suspicious): Better not. I was about to sentence you two to detention if three minutes pass. But I’ll let it slide this once.
    Hiro and Tyrain walk towards their empty seats. Girls blush and try not to squeal as Hiro passes by.
    Tyrain takes his seat and stares at Hiro at the same time, thinking (Worriedly): Man, he’s fit to burst. Still, he’s gotta learn to take this crud from stalkers if he’s gonna survive High School. Dang.
    Hiro sits down. You see in 3 directions, three girls (Left, right, and front) glare with crush-blush looks at Hiro and you hear them giggle loud enough to make Hiro quietly panic and tremble.
    Hiro thinking (Nervously): How in the world can a man stand this much attention? I don’t suppose fifteen handsome knights come bursting into the room and swoon these giggling girls instead of me?
    Hiro tries to calm down: *Sigh*
    Tyrain glares nervously as he fiddles with his pencil thinking (Nervously): Hang in there man. This is only the beginning for your social nerves.
    END OF CHAPTER ONE

I know it might’ve been short. Heh, I hope you enjoy it so far. ^_^

~cat

Last edited by CatGirl on Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:40 am; edited 16 times in total
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09 - Page 2 Empty Re: A Hiro's Tale ~ Chapter 09

Post by Supreme_King Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

Epic chapter CatGirl, I really thought Hiro was gone for. Also the near-death-I-don't-wanna-lose-you confession is a very nice cliche that you have used there Wink

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:18 pm