Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

5 posters

Gemini Monsters

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Gemini Monsters Empty Gemini Monsters

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:58 am

Gemini Monsters are a somewhat new type of monster that most people are unfamiliar with. These monsters are treated as normal monsters but also have an effect that must be released.

The Basics:
    1. Gemini Monsters can be normal summoned during the main phase.
    2. Gemini Summons count as a normal summon.
    3. In order to release a Gemini Monster's effect you must summon it again.
    Example:
    -You summon Giga Plant by tributing a monster
    Spoiler:
    - Gigaplant will be treated as a normal monster with 2400 ATK for the remainder of this turn.
    - If Gigaplant was not destroyed during the first turn it was summoned, you can then Gemini Summon it on your next turn.
    - Since Gemini summons count as a normal summon, if you gemini summon you will not be able to normal summon or set anything the turn you gemini summon Gigaplant.
    - Once Gemini summoned Gigaplant's effect will be usable and you will be able to special summon plant type monsters from your grave.
    4. Gemini monsters are treated as normal monsters in your graveyard.
    5. Gemini monsters are only considered effect monsters on the field, once they have been properly gemini summoned, in your hand, and in your grave.
    6. Gemini summoning does not start a chain, however they can be chained with cards like Bottomless Trap Hole and Torrential Tribute.

Personal tips:.

Gemini monsters may seem like a drag to run, but their effects are overpowered and can be tough to deal with once they are successfully gemini summoned. Since Gemini monsters only count as normal monsters in your grave you can't use cards like ancient rules that allow you to special summon a normal monster. However you can use cards like Birthright and Symbols of Duty to bring them back from the grave. You can also use cards like Gemini Summoner which allow you to special summon a Gemini monster during your opponent's End Phase for 500 LP, and will set up for a successful Gemini Summon.
    Yusei Fudo.
    Yusei Fudo.

Male Posts : 227
    Speed Credits : 673

Gemini Monsters Empty Re: Gemini Monsters

Post by Yusei Fudo. Tue May 04, 2010 8:35 pm

I got a question DJD.
    I was testing my gemini deck with Gothicmess and i used evocator chevalier effect to destroy 1 card of his field by sending supervise to the grave.
    The effect of supervise send by chevalier effect activates and let's me special summon a monster from the grave?
    I tried this in my DS and worked but he says i can...pls resolve my question Very Happy Thanks
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Tue May 04, 2010 9:02 pm

As mentioned before Yusei, since Supervice is a mandatory effect you do not miss the timing and are able to special summon a monster if you have one in the grave.
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Tue May 04, 2010 9:54 pm

who says you can? O_o what happened? When you send vise to the grave with chevalier you get to special summon an eligible monster if that's what you're asking.
    Yog
    Yog

Male Posts : 12
    Speed Credits : 120

Post by Yog Fri May 07, 2010 4:03 am

I have a question, If you tribute summon it and after that you play Double Summon, it can be geminized the same turn it is summoned?
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Fri May 07, 2010 4:24 am

You can, this card will give you your "Right" to Normal summon once again in the same turn.
    Colton
    Colton

Male Posts : 29
    Speed Credits : 280

Post by Colton Fri May 07, 2010 5:16 am

Hm, gemini monsters, interesting o.o gives me an idea for a deck that requires a gemini monster for a synchro summon. But what I don't get is the effects of the gemini monsters. If I summon a gemini monster and it survived for 1 turn, does that mean I can summon it again if its sent to the grave? or what does that effect mean? (Excuse my thick headed-ness Razz)
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Fri May 07, 2010 5:39 am

Gemini monsters are treated as Normal monsters while in the grave so theres no point trying to summon it with it's own effect now is there :]

On the same issue, you can only activate the resummon ability if the monster is on the field, thus if special summoned in that turn, you can Normal summon it to be treated as an effect monster, but you cannot normal summon again in the same turn except with a card effect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 am