Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+16
Zerix
Shade
Janembo
Jaden Yuki
Nhant
wolverine
WilBer
the jancok
Supreme_King
CatGirl
Alhmanic
Mercer Bond
xcross21
Atem
OptimusYale
DanceJonDance
20 posters

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Poll

Who would you like to see duel next?

[ 11 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b1342%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b15 [42%] 
    [ 3 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b1312%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b15 [12%] 
    [ 5 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b1319%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b15 [19%] 
    [ 7 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b1327%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Vote_b15 [27%] 

Total Votes: 26
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Empty TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

Well I basically have to learn to write fiction for a class I'm taking -_- Seems like writing non-fiction doesn't quite cut it if you want to be a professional writer according to my teacher, and she suggested I try some fiction stuff so here is a little fan-fic I'm going to attempt to write a fan-fiction based on some events in TDA. The characters will involve members from the academy x] their personalities will of course be changed to fit bad/good guy roles. Just imagine how you guys would look in this fanfic x] as a lot of you will be taking part in it

Before I begin I'd like to give a shout out to Catgirl, and the long gone Phoenix Enforcer for laying down some basics in their own fanfics to help me write my own. Please don't laugh at me xD

~Chapter One: Dark Signer Birth~
    Opening
    A boy in his late teens finds himself laying down in a dark room as he wakes up from what seemed to be an eternal sleep. Confused of his whereabouts, the boy looks around the dark room to give himself some self of orientation. The room is more like a cavern than an actual room, and at the center of the room there is a hole with a bright light emitting from it. The boy stands and finds that half of his clothes have been torn to shreds, and as he sees his torn clothes he has a flashback. In his flashback he sees himself falling down the bright hole and feeling agonizing pain as he makes his way down the seemingly bottomless pit. The boy realizes he must have fell down the hole, and wonders why he is not dead. Curious he walks over to the hole and as he stares into the deep bright abyss he has another flashback. This time he is no longer in pain, and feels as if he is ready to pass out, but suddenly a blurry vision of a giant black figure with dark blue stripes stops his fall, and he once again comes back to his senses.

The last thing the boy remembers before waking up in the dark room is being mugged and nearly beat to death in the satellite for his deck and duel disk. He put up a valiant fight, but the five against one odds were too overwhelming for him to handle. The boy finally decides it's time for him to leave and looks around for a way out. He glances around desperately and sees a passage with a staircase going to a floor above. He cautiously makes his way to, and up the stairway and finds a bright white light at the end of the stairs, the boy can't help but wonder if he has actually died. He gets closer to the bright light, and his eyes can't seem to adjust to the change if lighting from the dark room below and the bright room above. He puts his arm before his face to block the light and finally makes his way to the top, and to his surprise he is inside a bright room with a desk, and luxuries such as bottles of alcohol a huge screen display. At the far end of the room there is a large window giving view to to a massive construction site in the middle of Neo Domino City. Before the massive window stood a man in gray with white hair to match his outfit looking down on Neo Domino City. The boy recognized the figure as he was the richest man in Neo Domino City, Rex Goodwin.

Spoiler:

Goodwin: (Turns his head as he overhears the boy entering the room) Ah, so you're finally awake... congratulations on surviving the ritual... DJD.(Goodwin turns his head once again facing Neo Domino City) Beautiful.. isn't it? (The door slides shut behind DJD sealing the cavern room)

DJD walks towards a door that appears to be an exit, but as he makes his way to the door goodwin begins to speak again

Goodwin: What you saw down there is known as an Earthbound Immortal DJD.

DJD remembers the flashback, and stops.

Goodwin: (Smiles at DJD's curiousity) You were on the brink of death and I saved you from certain doom. You see DJD, when a person dies, he or she is given a chance to live by becoming a Dark Signer at the time of death. If they display a great will to live or a reason for revenge, an Earthbound Immortal may spare them turning them into a Dark Signer in the process. This phenomenon derives from the Netherworld itself.
    DJD:Sorry, I don't believe in fairy tales anymore.

DJD makes his way towards the door again, and as he walks he passes by a hanging mirror on the wall which reflected his image, but his eyes had changed color. The color of his iris had turned a dark yellow, and the rest of his eye had turned black. Angrily DJD turns around to face Goodwin

DJD: What have you done to me?!
    Goodwin: (calm) The Earthbound Immortal that saved you is known as Ccapac Apu. He is one of the strongest among the Earthbound Immortals.
    DJD: What do you want from me?
    Goodwin: I merely want to help you DJD. I helped you keep your life, and now I want to make you a proposition.
    DJD: I didn't ask for this Goodwin. I owe you nothing.
    Goodwin: Ah good, so you know who I am. Well I know a bit about you too. You were the first student to ever rank Obelisk Blue in his first attempt at Duel Academy, but you dropped out before you could graduate because of personal problems you had against the instructors. Soon after, Duel Academy burned to the ground, and many people blamed you for it. You dropped off the map in Neo Domino City, but made a name for yourself dueling underground at the Satellite
    DJD: (shock) How...
    Goodwin: Surprised? Don't be DJD; my eyes reach further than Neo Domino City, The Satellite, and The Netherworld itself. So much so that I was lucky enough to have one of my men find you in a dump of a hospital in the Satellite with one foot in your grave. For reasons unknown to me there was enough desire in your heart to seek revenge that you survived the ritual, and now you stand before me.
    DJD: You've wasted enough of my time, and like I said before I didn't ask for you to save me so I don't owe you anything.

DJD continues to walk towards the door, determined to ignore what Goodwin had just said to him, however, Goodwin has one last thing to say.

Goodwin: I'm bringing back the legendary Battle City Tournament DJD, and I need your talent.

DJD makes a stop again, his eyes filled fire fire. He doesn't turn towards goodwin, but his halt is a good enough sign for Goodwin to know he has peaked DJD's interest.

Goodwin: Surely you studied it in Duel Academy? The tournament ran by Seto Kaiba, and Kaiba Corporation so many years ago. It gathered hundreds of top duelists into Domino City, and just imagine how many duelists would gather in Neo Domino once a tournament of this magnitude is announced. I'm calling it Neo Battle City! Surely whoever you seek revenge against is likely to show up.

DJD smiles, and turns his head towards goodwin.

DJD:So what do you want me to do?
    Goodwin: (smile)Well first we'll have to build a new deck for you, and give you a change of clothes.

Chapter End

If you don't want to search through the posts to find the chapters you can find them by clicking the following links:

::Chapter Two: Plan A::

::Chapter Three: The Dark Signers::

::Chapter Four: DJD vs. SK::

::Chapter Five: Brotherhood Promise::

::Chapter Six: Boat Ride::

::Chapter Seven: Tournament of Revenge::

::Chapter Eight: X Marks the Spot::

::Chapter Nine: Fortune Scoop::

::Chapter Ten: Burning Memories::

::Chapter Eleven: Severed Bond::

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 am; edited 20 times in total
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by OptimusYale Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Nice work, Minor spelling mistakes (Thorn instead of Torn being the only one I noticed) but overall a nice start to a surely epic fan fiction. And if you want to write non-fiction all the time, and eventually get a job as a reporter, then having some knowledge of fiction helps you to create scenes better. For example, take that book I was telling you about earlier (dont wanna say the title as its for older people), Neil Strauss writes for the times, most his work is biography but he also uses minor fiction in his stories to create an atmosphere or illusion!

However reading this it seems you have no problem with creating a scene and immediately I felt the role of DJD. As this is the first fan fiction I read (first one I ever spotted in the new posts widget) I'm impressed and would happily read some more!
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by Atem Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:15 pm

I have a feeling i already know the ending.
    Keep this up DJD, we want to read more.
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

Post by xcross21 Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:34 pm

Yeah this is going to be really good and your good with writing fiction like Optimus said I felt like I was djd himself in that dark room
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Male Posts : 61
    Speed Credits : 774

Post by Mercer Bond Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:36 pm

Hmmmm, I'm interested in this! o.o Though I'm waiting for a climactic duel to come up soon... is it to early for that? xD
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Mar 02, 2010 9:40 pm

Lol thanks guys the compliments are very much appreciated. My professor said I'm a good writer, but suggested I do fiction so that I can learn new styles of writing that would help me create more detailed non-fiction, or whatever. I'm really just doing it to better my writing cause it's not required that i write it lol, but I figured I'd rather let you guys judge me than my teacher x]
    Alhmanic
    Alhmanic

Male Posts : 58
    Speed Credits : 91

Post by Alhmanic Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:28 pm

i like it man idk y u dont like fiction writing
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:33 am

~Chapter Two: Plan A~
    Opening
    DJD walks back into Goodwin's office after having a change of clothes.
    Spoiler:
    Goodwin is still staring down at Neo Domino City.
    Goodwin:Ah, I see you've freshened up. For some odd reason you look very familiar in those clothes.
    DJD looks down at his clothes, and ignores the comment. He walks over to Goodwin's side and looks out the window and sees all of Neo Domino City including the massive structure that is under construction.
    DJD:That construction site, what is it?
    Goodwin: It's plan B.
    DJD: (confused) So what's plan A?
    Goodwin: You, my friend.

Goodwin walks over to his desk, and grabs a deck of cards. He looks through the cards as he talks to DJD

Goodwin: You, and the other Dark Signers are going to help me harvest the power of the crimson dragon.
    Spoiler:
    DJD: (confused) Other Dark Signers? You mean there's more like me?
    Goodwin: Of course, I have been gathering the best duelists for this tournament. It's taken me several years since most of them do not survive the Earthbound ritual.
    DJD: You go around hospitals looking for duelists who are about to die?
    Goodwin: (ignoring DJD's question) The crimson dragon is known as the embodiment of the red star, he was a god to an ancient civilization called the Inca also known as "people of the light" or "Signers." Long ago the signer's called upon the crimson dragon for help to aid them against the "Wicked Gods" or Earthbound Immortals, as you know them.
    Spoiler:
    The Earthbound Immortals proved to be too much of a challenge for the crimson dragon, and so he called forth five dragons for aid. You may know four of these dragons as Stardust Dragon, Black Rose Dragon, Ancient Fairy Dragon, and Red Dragon Archfiend. The fifth dragon is unknown to this day.
    DJD:Those dragons are duel monsters.
    Goodwin: Indeed they are. With the help of these dragons the crimson dragon was able to send the Earthbound Immortals into the netherworld, and when he did the Nazca Lines were created.

Goodwin finishes looking through the deck of cards, and grabs a remote which was sitting in his desk. He points it as his massive display, and an image of the Nazca Lines appears on the screen.
    Spoiler:
    DJD:(annoyed)Heh so these lines were created when this so called dragon sealed away the earthbounds? First there are dark signers and now there's also signers? (Sarcasm) What are they the good guys? You really expect me to believe that duel monsters were real a long time ago and fought some giant animals and sealed them away under ground? You have no proof of any of this besides some creepy dungeon you keep under your office. You don't need to sell me this fairy tale in order for me to participate in your tournament Goodwin.
    Goodwin:Do you really need any more proof? I'm sure you noticed as you changed clothes the mark in your chest? Look closely at the screen DJD. You bear the mark of Ccapac Apu.

DJD holds his hand to his chest then squeezes his blue and white stripped shirt in shock. He wonders if Goodwin did something to him to believe his story.

Goodwin:I know what you are thinking DJD. You did not go though any surgery to get your eyes like that, and that mark in your chest is no tattoo. How do you think you recovered so fast from your injuries? If you really need proof I'll show it to you.

Goodwin opens a drawer in his desk and pulls out a card, and hands it to DJD. DJD grabs the card and it is the Earthbound Immortal Ccapac Apu
    Spoiler:
    DJD's chest then begins to glow, and as he stares into the card he has another flashback. This time the blurry image of the black and blue giant becomes clear, and it was the same image he sees in the card Goodwin handed to him. DJD comes back to his senses and finally realizes that Goodwin is probably telling the truth.

Goodwin:I have no reason to lie to you DJD. I saved your life, and now I'm going to take care of you. I am your friend, not your enemy. The card is yours to keep, but you must not use it during the tournament as it will draw suspicion from the signers.
    DJD: So what kind of power does the Crimson Dragon have? Also, how do we harvest its power?
    Goodwin: Good question. With the power of the Crimson Dragon we would be able to power Neo Domino City, and thousands of other cities like it forever. It would end the massive amounts of payments people have to make to keep their electricity, and it would just make this a better world. In theory the Crimson Dragon should appear when the signers need its help. The signers, much like you, bear a mark, but theirs is of the Crimson Dragon. They are the descendants of the Inca so there's really no way of knowing how many signers remain, if any. You see DJD, we are not the bad guys, we are the good guys. We are merely using the Earthbound Immortals to help us achieve a goal to benefit the rest of mankind.
    DJD: And with a tournament so massive... you're bound to get these signers to show up.
    Goodwin: Exactly, but once they find out what we are up to they are going to try to stop us, and that's where you and the other dark signers come into play. The Battle City Tournament had a rule which forced the loser of a duel to give up their rarest card, and with the team of duelists I've put together.. all the rarest cards in Neo Battle City will belong to us as you guys will be the ones to take the title, and hence leaving the signers defenseless once the tournament is over.
    DJD: My deck was stolen in the satellite, we'll have to find the people who took it before I can duel anyone.
    Goodwin: Ah yes, your blackwing deck. Not to worry DJD, I've taken the time to create this Twilight deck for you, and surely as you duel in the tournament you'll eventually run into the people who took your blackwing deck. After all those cards are very rare, I doubt more than one person would be using the same deck as you.

Goodwing hands the deck of cards he had been looking through earlier to DJD. DJD looks through the cards and is impressed by the rarity some of these cards have.

Goodwin: Here's a final present from me.

Goodwin reaches for the inside pocket of his coat and hands DJD a card.

Goodwin: This is to be your rarest card. You must not lose in the tournament for if you do, you will lose this card.

DJD looks at the card, and can't believe his eyes.

Goodwin: It's the Black Luster Solider - Envoy of the Beginning. The very same card used by the king of games himself.

DJD smiles and adds the card to his deck.

DJD: Seems like you've planned this pretty thoroughly. Will the other Dark Signers be using strong decks?

Goodwin: Ah yes, the rest of the team. Perhaps It'd be best if I introduce you.

Goodwin presses a button on the telephone on his desk

Goodwin: Send the rest in, and have them bring a duel disk.

Secretary: Right away sir.

A group of five people walked in through the door, all hooded with a black coat. Each one of them had different colored stripes to match their hoods--Red, Orange, Violet, Green, and Yellow. They had to be duelists as they were all wearing a strange looking duel disk One of the was a woman, and she was carrying an extra duel disk. The person in Red was carrying a black coat in his left hand with blue stripes. The woman in orange, and the man in red both threw the coat and duel disk at DJD. DJD caught the duel disk with both hands, and the coat landed safely above it.

Goodwin: These are now your brothers DJD.
    Goodwing began introducing each one of the Dark Signers, and each one of them removing their hood as their name was called.

Goodwin: In yellow is Devak, he was saved by Cucillu
    Spoiler:
    In orange is Carly, she was saved by by Aslla Piscu.
    Spoiler:
    In green is OptmusYale, he was saved by Ccarayhua
    Spoiler:
    In Violet is SK, he was saved by Wiraqocha Rasca
    Spoiler:
    And finally in Red, is Nhant, he was saved by Uru
    Spoiler:

You four all have your motives for surviving the ritual, and I shall help you accomplish that goal if you help me accomplish mine.

Goodwin turns around to get another view of Domino City. He extended his arms out, and gave a sinister grin as he spoke.

Goodwin: TOGETHER WE SHALL BRING FORTH A NEW UTOPIA!

Chapter 2 End

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:13 am

Awsome djd but why did you make two dark signers from the show and the rest from the academy???
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:24 am

Cause there's no Dark Signer girls O_O and I have plans for Devak x]
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:27 am

Hm sounds interesting cant wait to see what you have planned for him and cant wait to see chapter 3
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 am

Sweet as....Glad I got a part as a dark signer :3!

Looking forward to the next chapter TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Icon_razz

Again you managed to capture the distrust between Goodwin and DJD. I guess in the next one we find out the feelings of DJD towards his members, as well as a literary description of the duelists?

It's looking like there could be some sweet dueling in this tournament TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond Icon_smile
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:46 am

~Chapter Three: The Dark Signers~
    Opening
    A few days passed since the dark signer birth of DJD, and Goodwin once again obsessed with the construction site in Neo Domino, stares out the window. Devak was right behind him with arms crossed, as if guarding the millionaire. Devak was a tall man in his thirties. He was a man of few words, but he just didn't seem like the type of man you'd want to mess with. Whenever he spoke his voice was deep, and a bit menacing. His very presence demanded respect, and would send chill down your spine if you failed to give him so. There was never any expression to his face, he just stood at Goodwin's side most of the time. The silence in the room was eerie, and it was waiting to be broken. Finally Goodwin speaks.

Goodwin:What have they been doing?
    Devak: They have been getting accustomed to their new decks.
    Goodwin: Ah, well they are all top duelists. I don't suppose it should take them too long to master their decks.
    Devak: I don't trust them Master Goodwin.
    Goodwin:Why do you say that Devak? I have granted them a second chance, and they trust me.
    Devak: They do not share our goal. They are mere children, they lack experience, and it shall be their downfall. They are treating this as a game.
    Goodwin: Perhaps, but they are a vital role in our plan. We are so close Devak.. Soon the power of the Crimson Dragon will be ours.

Silence consumes the room again as Devak does not reply to Goodwin's last statement, and both men watch over Neo Domino. Meanwhile the rest of the Dark Signers are in a room further down the hall from Goodwin's office. Inside the room there is hardly any light, and only a single rectangular table with three candle candelier on it. All three candles on the candelier were lit, and the light radiating from the candles was the only light that was being provided to the room. All the signers sat around the table. To DJD's surprise, the rest of the Dark Signers had very interesting personalities.

OptimusYale: (To DJD) You see Carly over there? She's ignoring me because she's into me.

OptimusYale seemed like the kind of guy that liked to have fun. He was very social and kept trying to break the awkward silence that filled the room. He didn't seem at all phased with the fact that he had nearly died and was saved by an Earthbound Immortal. He didn't take anything or anyone too seriously. He had a live for the moment attitude about him, and didn't seem to care about expressing his opinions or thoughts.

DJD, and Carly did not make any comment regarding OY's comment. Carly was quiet, but not in the timid way. She just didn't seem like a girl of too many words. However, there was something about her that didn't seem right. Her attitude seemed like a wall to keep people out of her true emotions. She didn't make conversations with anyone, and she seemed to be fine that way. Every time she revealed her face, her eyes showed determination; as if she was out for something or someone, and nobody was going to stand in her way.

OptimusYale: (annoyed after being ignored by DJD) And here I thought you'd spice things up in this place. Looks like you're going to turn out to be like shy boy over there.

Optimus was referring to Nhant. Much like Carly, Nhant was quiet, but Nhant's attitude differed from Carly's. Nhant seemed to be intimidated by the situation he had been placed in and had not spoken since surviving his Earthbound ritual. His facial expression was blank, it was hard to tell why Nhant was there. He just didn't seem to fit the role of someone who had hatred or revenge in their heart.

OptimusYale: Poor guy hasn't spoken a word since Goodwin made us babysit him.
    Supreme_King:Do you ever shut up?
    Carly:(annoyed)Thank you! Finally somebody said it.

Supreme_King had a cocky attitude about him. He always had his arms crossed, and walked with a swagger that would have you believing that there was something wrong with you, and you should aspire to be more like him. He was rude, and blunt. He truly believed in his heart that he was the best in the world when it came to dueling or just being himself.

OptimusYale:Oh now I'm the bad guy? (Annoyed) How long I'm I going to be stuck here with you colorful characters..?
    DJD:How exactly did you guys end up here?
    OptimusYale:Ah so you do talk! Well I don't remember much. I woke up being a dark signer about a month ago. Goodwin took me in, and asked me to perfect my dueling skills. You see, I was never too good at regular dueling; my true calling was turbo dueling. One day I was riding, and for some odd reason my Duel Runner's breaks stopped functioning. I crashed, and woke up the next day in that room you woke up in.
    DJD: Hmm.. An accident huh? Well what about you Supreme?
    Supreme_King:Don't talk to me. You are merely an aid for me in the tournament. You and the rest of the people in this room are in charge of taking out the small fry. I don't know why Goodwin made such a big deal about finding you, he should know that I will be the one to finish this tournament.

Optimus stepped in before things got out of hand and with a big grin in his face faced DJD
    OptimusYale:Don't worry about him. He's all talk.
    DJD seemed to agree with Optimus for once, and decided to ignore Supreme.
    DJD:So we are all here for the tournament? Something doesn't seem right about Goodwin's plan. I mean why would the richest man in Neo Domino care about anyone but himself? Just look at the satellite. The place has been a dump for years, and he's done nothing about it.

Optimus puts his arms behind his head and leans back on his chair
    OptimusYale: Who cares? We all are getting treated like royalty just to duel. We're living the dream my friend.
    DJD: Something just doesn't feel right. Maybe he's...

Before he could finish his sentence Devak walks into the room.

Devak:What is all this noise?! You are supposed to be getting ready for the tournament.
    Supreme_King:What do you mean? We have all been waiting for this tournament for a long time. The only one that should be getting ready is the new guy.
    DJD:Don't try to put this on me.
    Supreme_King:It's true, if it wasn't for Goodwin trying to complete the team with you we would have accomplished his goal a long time ago, and I would get the glory I deserve.
    DJD:You really think you're better than everyone don't you?
    Supreme_King:I don't think so. I know I am, especially you.

Suddenly a feeling of rage took over DJD. DJD had never felt such intense fury in his life. He didn't understand why he felt so angry over something so simple as the argument he found himself in, nonetheless the feeling was overwhelming. DJD wondered if it had to be with the fact that Earthbounds exploit the anger in people's hearts in order to spare their lives. As DJD was reacting to Supreme's remarks Devak smiled. He knew that the anger was taking over DJD's personality and soon his true Dark Signer self would emerge. DJD stood from his chair, but instead of letting his emotions take over him he leaned over to Supreme and gave him a sinister smile.

DJD:Care to prove it?
    Supreme_King:(hysterical)Hah! ME?! Duel the likes of you? Don't make me laugh!

Optimus finally getting the spice he'd been hoping from DJD knew he just had to add fuel to the fire.

OptimusYale:Sounds like supreme is scared
    DJD:You're pathetic. Optimus was right, you are all talk.

Supreme became overwhelmed with the same rage DJD had been overwhelmed with earlier, and it showed in his facial expression. He wanted nothing more than to get a piece of DJD. He pointed his arm at DJD and his duel disk expanded and lit up revealing the five field slots for his monsters. Supreme was ready to put his money where his mouth is, and DJD was ready to shut Supreme once and for all. DJD extended out his arm and his duel disk also lit up. Both duelists got their decks and placed them in the deck area of their duel disks.

DJD:DUEL!
    Supreme_King:DUEL!

DJD:8000 LP SK:8000 LP

Chapter 3 End

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:01 am; edited 2 times in total
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:00 am

Absorbed, DJD.. This is such an awesome story! xD I'm eager to read more. Smile
    And it's nice your teacher assigned you to write fiction, cuze since we're all fans with "Yu-Gi-Oh!".. There's many stories to cook up from it. This is one example. ^^
    Another thing that's good from your professor to write a fan-fic, is you like to write a story that interests you a lot. I find it very encouraging and it doesn't feel that hard on a subject based on what you like, is worth the learning. Did I forget to mention fun too? study

I really liked how well you accurately directed Goodwin's part throughout the Chapters. Accurate enough to actually hear Goodwin's voice, mentally, as I read along. Smile Great points on that DJD! ^^

Awesome story! Can't wait for another! Smile

~ cat
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:07 am

Yeah each chapter gets better and better I cant wait for chapter 4 so I can see the duel between djd and supreme its gonna rock out hard also on offtopic catgirl when will chapter 6 of hiro tale come out????
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:16 am

CatGirI wrote:Absorbed, DJD.. This is such an awesome story! xD I'm eager to read more. Smile
    And it's nice your teacher assigned you to write fiction, cuze since we're all fans with "Yu-Gi-Oh!".. There's many stories to cook up from it. This is one example. ^^
    Another thing that's good from your professor to write a fan-fic, is you like to write a story that interests you a lot. I find it very encouraging and it doesn't feel that hard on a subject based on what you like, is worth the learning. Did I forget to mention fun too? study

I really liked how well you accurately directed Goodwin's part throughout the Chapters. Accurate enough to actually hear Goodwin's voice, mentally, as I read along. Smile Great points on that DJD! ^^

Awesome story! Can't wait for another! Smile

~ cat

Thanks catgirl x] Your compliments mean more t me than anything my teachers could say cause you're like the best fanfiction person thingie alive ;D I'll have more chapters soon, but I wanted to leave the people who are actually reading this with a cliff hanger ending to ch 3 x]

sorry for all the spelling errors. I kind of re-read everything when I post it - .- cause I'm a big nub like that. Atem, xcross, gothic, ICU, and of course catgirl. You'll all have part in my story soon enough x]
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:44 am

DJD, it awesome to see myself being portrayed as the way I actually am...nice capture dude Smile

I actually want you to shut SK up...it will be sweet Very Happy
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:05 pm

Hey DJD, make it an epic duel, xD, just like the one we will be having in the Pegasus league finals Wink But why did u make me such a bad and cocky guy? xD I'm not like that Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Mercer Bond
    Mercer Bond

Male Posts : 61
    Speed Credits : 774

Post by Mercer Bond Wed Mar 03, 2010 8:36 pm

Awesome, there's gonna be a duel Smile I liked that chapter a lot since it introduced the characters. Also Optimus's personality was great XD
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:02 am

~Chapter Four: DJD vs. SK~
    Opening
    All of the Dark Signers became very interested in the duel that was about to begin. Optimus sat back on his chair with his arms behind his head smiling from ear to ear, Nhant sat his chair, his arms were by his side, he was still timid, but his blank look turned towards the action. Carly leaned back as well and put her legs on the table, she crossed her and turned to see the duel, Devak did nothing, he just stood near the door to see the duel, he was finally going to see if the rest of the team had enough experience for their plans.

DJD:8000 LP SK:8000 LP

Supreme_King:I'll go first! Draw! I'll set one monster face down, and set two cards. That ends my turn.
    DJD:(Draws) I'll summon Jain, Lightsworn Paladin(1800/1200) in attack mode!

A knight with silver white armor and silver white hair is summoned to DJD's side of the field. The knight is wielding a one handed sword, and a shield; a bright light is also radiating from the monster.

Supreme_King:Lightsworns?!
    DJD:That's right, it seems you've chewed off more than you can eat this time. Now attack his face down card!

Jain attacks the set card and a rhino with a silver armor is revealed.
    Supreme_King:Ha! it seems you're 300 ATK points short to destroy my Gladiator Beast Hoplomus (700/2100) and now the difference will come out of your lifepoints!
    DJD:Wrong! Jain's special ability boosts his attack by 300 when it attacks an opponent's monster, so my life points are safe.
    Supreme_King:Heh, well either way you've activated my the very special ability of my gladiator beast. You see whenever a gladiator beast battles I can return it to my deck, and summon another gladiator beast from my deck to take its place! So now return Hoplomus, and come on out Gladiator Beast Laquari! (1800/400)

A new beast with copper colored armor takes the place of Hoplomus.

DJD:Great.. I'll have to find a way to counter that. I'll end my turn, but before you draw, my Lightsworn's effect kicks in. Every time I end my turn I have to send two cards from the top of my deck to the graveyard.

DJD draws two cards, takes a look at them, and places them in the graveyard pile of his duel disk.

Supreme_King:Ha! It seems I don't even have to defeat you. Your own monsters are doing that for me! It just goes to show that you and I are not on the same level. Now I draw! I'll summon Gladiator Beast Hoplomus in Attack Mode! And since there is a Gladiator beast on my side of the field, I can now special summon this guy: Test Tiger (600/300)

A tiger with a blue armor appears next to GB Laquari.

Supreme_King:This guy may seem defenseless, but he has a very unique ability. I can tribute it to send one gladiator beast from my side of the field back to my deck, and have another beast take its place! Now Hoplomus come back, and I'll summon another GB Laquari (1800/400)

Test tiger dissolves into the air, and GB Hoplomus fades only to be replaced by another GB Laquari.

Supreme_King:Now one of my Laquaris will take out your pathetic excuse for a monster!

GB Laquari charges towards Jain. Jain prepares to defend with his shield, but Laquari overpowers him and Jain shatters, and Laquari returns to SK's side of the field.

DJD:7700 LP SK:8000 LP

DJD:What?! Both monsters should have been destroyed!
    Supreme_King:(hysterical laugh)Hahahaha! Ooops, I forgot to mention something. Each time a Gladiator Beast is summoned from my deck to the field they gain a special ability. I'll keep you guessing as to what the abilities of my other beasts are, but I'm pretty sure you already guessed the ability of my GB Laquari. Whenever he's special summoned from my deck he gains an additional 300 ATK points for a grand total of 2100, and now 2100 ATK points are coming your way! Now my second Laquari attack his life points directly!

Laquari charges at DJD, and DJD braces for impact by making an x shape with his arms in front of him. Laquari strikes DJD's defense, and attacks his life points successfully.

DJD:5600 LP SK:8000 LP

Supreme_King: Now I'll send the Laquari that just attacked you back to my deck, and special summon Gladiator Beast Samnite to take its pace!

A new beast is summoned. This time it is a white humanoid tiger with a black armor, a shield and a sword.

Supreme_King: I'll end my turn with that.
    OptimusYale:C'mon DJD, if you lose now... (despair) he'll never shut up!
    DJD:(Draws) I'll activate Charge of the Light Brigade! By sending three cards from the top of my deck to the graveyard, I can add one level four or lower Lightsworn monster from my deck to my hand!

DJD draws three cards and places them in his graveyard pile, however when he does a light begins radiating from the floor in front of DJD, and a humanoid white wolf with a golden spear in one hand, and a golden claw in the other is summoned. Much like Jain summoned before him the wolf has a bright light was radiating from the monster.

Supreme_King:What is the meaning of this?!
    DJD:Your monsters aren't the only ones with special abilities. I special summoned Wulf, Lightsworn Beast (2100/300). Whenever he is sent from the top of my deck to my graveyard, I can special summon it to my side of the field.

DJD's duel disk automatically pushes out a card, and DJD adds it to his hand.

DJD:I'll add Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner to my hand, and next I'll tribute my Wulf in order to summon Celestia, Lightsworn Angel (2300/200)!

Wulf dissolves into thin air, and a fairy with long blue hair, and angel wings takes its place. She was holding a white staff, and light was also radiating from her.

DJD:Now I'll activate her special ability. Whenever she is tribute summoned, and the tribute was a Lightsworn monster, I can send the top four cards from the top of my deck to the graveyard to destroy two cards on your side of the field!

Celestia begins glowing brighter than before. She elevates into the air and waves her want fiercely towards SK's side of the field. Suddenly a white beam comes out of Celestia's staff destroying GB Laquari, and Samnite.

Supreme_King:No! My beasts!
    DJD:Now Celestia, attack his life points directly!
    Supreme_King:Not so fast! I activate my trap card Waboku!

Celestia once again waves her wand towards SK, and a beam makes its way from her want towards SK, but suddenly three priestesses dressed in cyan chanting appear before SK. The priestesses then create a barrier in front of them blocking Celestia's attack.

DJD:Nice save, you won't be so lucky next turn though.
    Supreme_King:You still don't get it. You are not on my level! (Draws) I'll show you why! First I'll activate my trap card Call of the Haunted to bring back GB Samnite. Next I'll summon GB Laquari! and Finally I'll special summon a test tiger.

A grave takes the pace of the trap card SK had previously set, and from it emerges the fallen GB Samnite. Next to it a new GB Laquari, and Test Tiger are summoned.

Supreme_King:Now I'll tribute Test Tiger in order to return GB Samnite to my deck, and have GB Darius take its place!

A humanoid horse with an orange armor is summoned to SK's side of the field replacing the Samnite that was sent back to his deck.

Supreme_King:Darious has a special ability, when he is summoned from my deck I can special summon one Gladiator Beast from my graveyard, and I'll bring back GB Laquari. Now I will show you why you don't mess with me! (hysterical) CONTACT FUSION!

All of SK's monsters vanish, and a massive beast takes their place. The beast resembles the look of Laquari mixed with a lion. The beast was wearing a thick armor that looked nearly impenetrable. It wielded a giant axe in one hand, and a giant shield in the other. The creature let out a thunderous roar as it was summoned on the field.

Supreme_King:Now you will feel the wrath of my best card! Gladiator Beast Heraklinos! (3000/2800)
    Spoiler:

Supreme_King:I will show you, and the rest of everyone here why I shouldn't be messed with!

The room began filling with shadowy clouds that seemingly were appearing from thin air. Small strikes of lightning began thundering within the shadows as the clouds began thickening. Nhant looked away from the duel as if he were terrified of the shadows. Optimus stood up, and began shouting for SK to stop.

OptimusYale:You are taking this too far! If one of you loses a shadow duel, you'll die!

SK ignored OY and began laughing histerically. However, DJD remained calm, and was not intimidated by the shadows. Carly looked down and tightly shut her eyes as if knowing that one of them would die, and she could not handle seeing such a thing. Devak had not said a word since the duel started, and the current circumstances were not changing that fact.

Goodwin:That's enough!

Everyone turned their attention towards Goodwin who stood infront of the door, and immediatelly the shadows began dimming. His facial expression could only state that he was not pleased with the situation. Hewalked towards Devak and grabbed the giant by the collar of his hooded coat pulling him down to Goodwin's level.

Goodwin:You are supposed to be taking care of the team! Not allowing them to tear each other appart!

Goodwin released Devak, and Devak back away from Goodwin like a frightened child. Goodwin then proceeded towards Supreme_King and unexpectedly slaps him accross the face. Everyone goes in shock as Supreme_King loses his footing for a second. Enraged, Supreme_King charges goodwin with a right hook, but Goodwin grabs the charging arm of Supreme_King, and uses its momentum to violently shove Supreme_King to the floor.
    Goodwin:It would be wise for you to stay down boy!

Supreme_King turned around on his back to face Goodwin, but did nothing to retaliate, all he did was just stare up at Goodwin with rage. Goodwin then turned towards DJD, and the other Dark Signers.

Goodwin:I will only say this one time, and one time only! You all work for me, and I need you alive. You are not to engage in any duels amongst each other, especially shadow duels! Is that understood?!

Everyone in the room was silent. Not everyone could really get around what had just happened. They had just witnessed a completely unexpected side to Rex Goodwin, and they didn't quite know how to react. The silence, however, was a a good enough response for Goodwin. He put his arms behind his back and casually walked out of the room, Devak right behind him. As the door shut behind him the tension in the room lifted instantaneously. Supreme_King got on his feet and turned towards DJD.

Supreme_King:You're lucky you were saved.
    DJD:Keep telling yourself that.

DJD walked towards the table as his duel disk shut down. He slammed the five cards he had in his hand on the corner of the table, and proceeded to take his seat. Optimus walked over to the cards and picked them up, curiously looking through them.

OptimusYale:(Relieved)Haha it appears DJD had this duel won guys!
    Supreme_King:What?! He had nothing but a monster with 2300 ATK. It seems you've got to learn math before you can learn to properly play duel monsters Yale.

Yale showed the cards DJD was holding to Supreme_King and the cards included 1 Charge of the Light Brigade, 1 Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner, 1 Ryko Lightsworn Hunter, 1 Necro Gardna, and 1 Honest.

OptimusYale:Read them and weep! The moment your Heraklinos attacked his Celestia your monster would have gotten half of her staff shoved up his...
    Carly:Enough! The duel had no victor, and that's all there is to it.
    OptimusYale:How can you say that? DJD was obviously the better duelist! (Anguish) Now we'll have to keep hearing his obnoxious voice until the tournament starts, and we're allowed to leave our golden cage.

Supreme_King does not say another word as he knows he would have been in serious trouble once DJD took out his best card and left his field wide open. He walks towards the door and before he walks out of it he has the urge to give into his pride and have the last word, but all he says is

Supreme_King:Well played..

Supreme then proceeds to walk out of the door, and the door shuts behind him.

Chapter Four End~~

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:27 am

Getting better and better djd keep up the good work chapter 5 will rock im sure
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:28 am

Epic Duel man, thanks, finally, this is perhaps the best fanfic I read in a while Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:07 pm

~Chapter Five: Brotherhood Promise~
    It had been two weeks since the dark signer birth of DJD, and plan A was about to be excecuted. Goodwin had made some calls to make sure all of Neo Domino City, The Satellite, and anyone who was anyone in the dueling world around the globe would hear the news of Goodwin's tournament. Neo Domino City was a big city, and had everything you'd expect from a big city. There were tall buildings from one end to the other, and lots of people who dressed in nice clothing--clearly people of wealth. There were duel, and turbo duel arenas in several parts of the city to display the city's fanaticism for duel monsters. There were cops on duel runners, and cops on the streets. Everyone seemed to be happy with their lives in Neo Domino City, and why shouldn't they? Everyone who lived there had wealth, whether it was simple wealth like owning a home, or something more profitable like owning a company. Anything you could think of could be found here, shopping malls, libraries, movie theaters, night clubs, parks.. you name it and Neo Domino City had it. It was the ideal place where you'd want to raise your children; It was as if the future had found people in a perfect utopia. However, there was a very dark secret to Neo Domino City: The Satellite.

Spoiler:

Neo Domino City was not powered with magic. It took hard work in order to keep such a massive city running properly, but nobody in the city was willing to do this hard work. The Satellite is where the old Domino City used to be, but the days where that city was a major attraction for duel fans were over, and now the city was literally a dump. Satellite, and its recidents were seemingly forgotten by modern society; it had been this way for many years. The residents of satellite were not allowed to leave satellite because the place was surrounded by water, and the only way out was a pipeline that connected Satellite to Neo Domino City. This pipeline was used to transport the garbage from Neo Domino City to Satellite, and was tightly guarded by Neo Domino Security to prevent anyone from making it across, but every now and then someone would. The people of Satellite were forced to work in plants that recycled the trash of Neo Domino or plants that provided power to the massive city across the water. People in Neo Domino tried to ignore the very existence of Satellite and its residents, and whenever they referred to the people there, they often used names such as "scum" and "trash" for them. It was illegal for residents of Satellite to own any form of wealth, any form of transportation, or any goods required for dueling. It was a bad place to grow up, but unfortunately people still grew up there, and regardless of the laws people still duled there, and some people were good.

Spoiler:

One day everyone in Neo Domino, and Satellite woke up to receive a free copy of March 12th, 2091's newspaper, and on the front page a picture of Rex Goodwin holding up a trophy with the letters 'NBCT' embedded on it. The headline read: The Battle City Ressurection. The article wrote:
    Neo Domino City--Today, multi-millionaire, Rex Goodwin has announced the launch of a massive tournament to be held in Neo Domino City. The millionare has called the tournament Neo Battle City. For those of you who don't know your dueling history, in 2004 Kaiba Corporation (the company who laid the foundation for virtual dueling) C.E.O. Seto Kaiba hosted a massive tournament which hundreds of top duelists gathered to the old town of Domino City in order to crown a champion. The winner of said tournament was the legendary King of Games, Yugi Muto. The tournament rules were simple, each player was given two locator cards, and had to wager one card and their rarest card in a duel against someone in the city. The first eight players to obtain ten locator cards advanced to the second round where more glory, in addition to all the rare cards they collecte, would await them. Rex Goodwin has promised for his tournament to follow the same format, and has invited anyone who is a duelist to participate--including satellite duelists! This of course is causing some controversy in Neo Domino City, and fear among the residents of the Satellite as they believe for this to be some sort of set-up which will land them in prison for attempting to cross the pipeline. However, Goodwin has made it clear that he is serious about the invitation to Satellite, and will send two boats to the Satellite docks on March 15th, 2091 for any duelist who is willing to ride these boats back to Neo Domino City in order to participate in the tournament. People who ride these boats will be granted free duel disks, however, they must present a legal forty card deck in order to ride the boat. Goodwin has promised the winner a grand prize of $100,000! With money like that any Satellite grease monkey could get the proper paper work to leave that dump forever. However, the odds on favorite to take this tournament has to be the current Turbo Duel Champion, Janembo, and we will all be rooting for him because nobody would want some satellite people living amongst us forever! The tournament is set to start on March 17th so all you duelists better get ready because this one will be one for the history books!

A boy in his late teens was reading the paper out loud, and behind him two other boys were listening. They were all wearing raggedy clothes as you'd expect from a group of boys living in the satellite. One of the other boys was also in his late teens, and was anxiously looking through his deck as the other boy read the paper. The third boy was about four years younger than the other two, and didn't look as excited as the other boy holding the deck. The boy read the last part of the article and angrily exclaimed

The Detonator:(annoyed)Are they really allowed to call us grease monkeys?!
    Flodian:Well this grease monkey is going to get that hundred k, and leave this dump for good.
    xcross:(depressed)You guys know that statistically speaking we don't stand a chance right? All our cards are from the garbage Neo Domino dumps here... They got all the rare cards there, we'll get eliminated in no time...
    The Detonator:You gotta think positive mate. We got a good enough chance to win as any other duelist out there! Especially with this baby I found

Det flashes off a card to his two friends, and both of them are amazed

Flodian:(Gasp)You found a third Light and Darkness Dragon!?
    The Detonator:That's right! Winning some duels with this guy will get me more rare cards, and we'll make our way to the top!
    xcross:(depressed)I wish I found some good cards... all I have is a bunch of random cards stashed together to make this pathetic excuse for a deck...
    Flodian:You just have to work on your deck building skills cross, and I'm sure you can make something happen with your triple X cards dirty cards!
    xcross:(blush)They're not triple X! They're called X-Sabers.. and XX-Sabers.. and (grabs head, and shakes it)GAAAH this is all so confusing. Why can't duel monsters be more like junk scavenging!?
    The Detonator:Don't get frustrated, at first it's a little hard, especially with the limited cards we have, but you'll get the hang of it. You'll have to... if you wanna leave the satellite.
    xcross:But our moms and dads are here..
    Flodian:Our parents don't want us to live in this place. We deserve better, and this tournament is our chance to prove it!

Det put his hand in front of Flo, and xcross waiting for the other two to do the same.

The Detonator:We have to make a promise guys. We have to promise that no matter what we will support each other in this tournament, and make it to the finals. This is our only ticket out of here, and we can't afford to waste it

Flodian put his hand on top of Det's and gave him a big smile

Flodian:You got it! One of us is definitely going to win, and then we're going be living the good life!

Both Det, and Flo turned over to xcross and waited for his hand to complete the promise

The Detonator:Cross, you have to come with us... there is nothing for you here
    xcross:We'll never win guys.. what's the point?
    Flodian:At least we'll try! We have nothing here! There is nothing that we can lose by trying
    The Detonator:We're like brothers cross, you have to come with us. This is a brotherhood promise, and you can't not make it
    xcross:(sigh)Fine... Let's go rock that tournament!

xcross puts his hand on top of Flodian's completing the promise, and all three friends look at each other with determination to make it out of the Satellite, and be recognized as human beings, and not just grease monkeys living in the junk.

Chapter 5 end

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:03 am; edited 2 times in total
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Epic beginning of an epic duel story I feel will soon come Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:35 pm

Yeah awsome chapter and thaaaanks alot for the depressed attititude XD Im just kidding although I better cheer up at some point in the story even if only for a small part XDXDXD keep up the good work chapter 7 will surpass chapter 6 im sure

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 9:47 am