Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+16
Zerix
Shade
Janembo
Jaden Yuki
Nhant
wolverine
WilBer
the jancok
Supreme_King
CatGirl
Alhmanic
Mercer Bond
xcross21
Atem
OptimusYale
DanceJonDance
20 posters

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Poll

Who would you like to see duel next?

[ 11 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b1342%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b15 [42%] 
    [ 3 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b1312%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b15 [12%] 
    [ 5 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b1319%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b15 [19%] 
    [ 7 ]
    TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b1327%TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Vote_b15 [27%] 

Total Votes: 26
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Empty TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by DanceJonDance Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Well I basically have to learn to write fiction for a class I'm taking -_- Seems like writing non-fiction doesn't quite cut it if you want to be a professional writer according to my teacher, and she suggested I try some fiction stuff so here is a little fan-fic I'm going to attempt to write a fan-fiction based on some events in TDA. The characters will involve members from the academy x] their personalities will of course be changed to fit bad/good guy roles. Just imagine how you guys would look in this fanfic x] as a lot of you will be taking part in it

Before I begin I'd like to give a shout out to Catgirl, and the long gone Phoenix Enforcer for laying down some basics in their own fanfics to help me write my own. Please don't laugh at me xD

~Chapter One: Dark Signer Birth~
    Opening
    A boy in his late teens finds himself laying down in a dark room as he wakes up from what seemed to be an eternal sleep. Confused of his whereabouts, the boy looks around the dark room to give himself some self of orientation. The room is more like a cavern than an actual room, and at the center of the room there is a hole with a bright light emitting from it. The boy stands and finds that half of his clothes have been torn to shreds, and as he sees his torn clothes he has a flashback. In his flashback he sees himself falling down the bright hole and feeling agonizing pain as he makes his way down the seemingly bottomless pit. The boy realizes he must have fell down the hole, and wonders why he is not dead. Curious he walks over to the hole and as he stares into the deep bright abyss he has another flashback. This time he is no longer in pain, and feels as if he is ready to pass out, but suddenly a blurry vision of a giant black figure with dark blue stripes stops his fall, and he once again comes back to his senses.

The last thing the boy remembers before waking up in the dark room is being mugged and nearly beat to death in the satellite for his deck and duel disk. He put up a valiant fight, but the five against one odds were too overwhelming for him to handle. The boy finally decides it's time for him to leave and looks around for a way out. He glances around desperately and sees a passage with a staircase going to a floor above. He cautiously makes his way to, and up the stairway and finds a bright white light at the end of the stairs, the boy can't help but wonder if he has actually died. He gets closer to the bright light, and his eyes can't seem to adjust to the change if lighting from the dark room below and the bright room above. He puts his arm before his face to block the light and finally makes his way to the top, and to his surprise he is inside a bright room with a desk, and luxuries such as bottles of alcohol a huge screen display. At the far end of the room there is a large window giving view to to a massive construction site in the middle of Neo Domino City. Before the massive window stood a man in gray with white hair to match his outfit looking down on Neo Domino City. The boy recognized the figure as he was the richest man in Neo Domino City, Rex Goodwin.

Spoiler:

Goodwin: (Turns his head as he overhears the boy entering the room) Ah, so you're finally awake... congratulations on surviving the ritual... DJD.(Goodwin turns his head once again facing Neo Domino City) Beautiful.. isn't it? (The door slides shut behind DJD sealing the cavern room)

DJD walks towards a door that appears to be an exit, but as he makes his way to the door goodwin begins to speak again

Goodwin: What you saw down there is known as an Earthbound Immortal DJD.

DJD remembers the flashback, and stops.

Goodwin: (Smiles at DJD's curiousity) You were on the brink of death and I saved you from certain doom. You see DJD, when a person dies, he or she is given a chance to live by becoming a Dark Signer at the time of death. If they display a great will to live or a reason for revenge, an Earthbound Immortal may spare them turning them into a Dark Signer in the process. This phenomenon derives from the Netherworld itself.
    DJD:Sorry, I don't believe in fairy tales anymore.

DJD makes his way towards the door again, and as he walks he passes by a hanging mirror on the wall which reflected his image, but his eyes had changed color. The color of his iris had turned a dark yellow, and the rest of his eye had turned black. Angrily DJD turns around to face Goodwin

DJD: What have you done to me?!
    Goodwin: (calm) The Earthbound Immortal that saved you is known as Ccapac Apu. He is one of the strongest among the Earthbound Immortals.
    DJD: What do you want from me?
    Goodwin: I merely want to help you DJD. I helped you keep your life, and now I want to make you a proposition.
    DJD: I didn't ask for this Goodwin. I owe you nothing.
    Goodwin: Ah good, so you know who I am. Well I know a bit about you too. You were the first student to ever rank Obelisk Blue in his first attempt at Duel Academy, but you dropped out before you could graduate because of personal problems you had against the instructors. Soon after, Duel Academy burned to the ground, and many people blamed you for it. You dropped off the map in Neo Domino City, but made a name for yourself dueling underground at the Satellite
    DJD: (shock) How...
    Goodwin: Surprised? Don't be DJD; my eyes reach further than Neo Domino City, The Satellite, and The Netherworld itself. So much so that I was lucky enough to have one of my men find you in a dump of a hospital in the Satellite with one foot in your grave. For reasons unknown to me there was enough desire in your heart to seek revenge that you survived the ritual, and now you stand before me.
    DJD: You've wasted enough of my time, and like I said before I didn't ask for you to save me so I don't owe you anything.

DJD continues to walk towards the door, determined to ignore what Goodwin had just said to him, however, Goodwin has one last thing to say.

Goodwin: I'm bringing back the legendary Battle City Tournament DJD, and I need your talent.

DJD makes a stop again, his eyes filled fire fire. He doesn't turn towards goodwin, but his halt is a good enough sign for Goodwin to know he has peaked DJD's interest.

Goodwin: Surely you studied it in Duel Academy? The tournament ran by Seto Kaiba, and Kaiba Corporation so many years ago. It gathered hundreds of top duelists into Domino City, and just imagine how many duelists would gather in Neo Domino once a tournament of this magnitude is announced. I'm calling it Neo Battle City! Surely whoever you seek revenge against is likely to show up.

DJD smiles, and turns his head towards goodwin.

DJD:So what do you want me to do?
    Goodwin: (smile)Well first we'll have to build a new deck for you, and give you a change of clothes.

Chapter End

If you don't want to search through the posts to find the chapters you can find them by clicking the following links:

::Chapter Two: Plan A::

::Chapter Three: The Dark Signers::

::Chapter Four: DJD vs. SK::

::Chapter Five: Brotherhood Promise::

::Chapter Six: Boat Ride::

::Chapter Seven: Tournament of Revenge::

::Chapter Eight: X Marks the Spot::

::Chapter Nine: Fortune Scoop::

::Chapter Ten: Burning Memories::

::Chapter Eleven: Severed Bond::

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 am; edited 20 times in total
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:04 am

~Chapter Nine: Fortune Scoop~
    Opening
    Carly was walking through the crowds of people after separating from the rest of the dark signers; she was walking towards the sector securities building. As she walked she noticed a small crowd, and figured that a duel was about to take place, but she realized there weren't any holograms towering over the people in the crowd and the crowd was gathered too close together making it impossible for two duelists to have a duel at the center of the crowd due to the cramped space. Carly's curiosity kicked in as soon as she started placing the inconsistencies together--after all she was always looking for a big scoop.

Before Carly became the master of the Earthbound Immortal Aslla Piscu, she was a young aspiring reporter. She was an intern at a minor newspaper called 'The Pegasus League Times,' a newspaper that followed a small dueling league in Neo Domino. Carly's sights were set higher than a league newspaper though, she hoped that one day she could work for a major newspaper. She was a bit dorky and nothing compared to her dark signer self. She wore thick glasses, a fanny pack, and always carried a bag where she had a digital camera so that she could gather images whenever she came across a story that would give her the break she was hoping for.
    Spoiler:
    She hoped that with a big story she would get the attention of a big newspaper company and get the job she always wanted. She usually covered Neo Domino street duels to try to impress her boss so that he'd let her have a full article in 'The Pegasus League Times,' but one day she got a tip that some organization was planning to use duel monsters as a means to make money illegally. She did some digging around and found a shocking discovery that would change the face of Neo Domino, and would surely catch the attention of any newspaper. Unfortunately she was right, and that organization could not allow it. She was caught as she did some investigating and to prevent her from revealing any information to the media she was.... silenced. She was left to die until a man found her in an alley fighting for her life. The man rushed Carly to the hospital, but before they could treat her Devak and other sector securities officers picked her up and brought her to Goodwin. She survived the dark signer ritual and joined the dark signers in order to get revenge on the people who tried to murder her. Even though she is a dark signer and felt as if the old Carly passed away that night. her sens of reporting was still very much alive and so she decided to check out the situation. She began shoving people aside to get to the center.

Flodian: (shoved) Hey watch it!

At the core of the crowd was DJD, Janembo, Atem, and the sector securities officers. DJD was standing in front of Janembo and he had the same furious look he had the day he dueled Supreme_King. Carly knew it could mean trouble, she made her way to the front of the crowd to witness what was going on.

DJD: (evil smirk) After all these years.. you're going to duel me Janembo.
    Janembo: I will do no such thing.

Blood began rushing back into Janembo's face after the shock of seeing DJD again, and his arrogance attitude soon replaced his frightened one.

DJD: (evil smirk) Oh dear Janembo.. you don't have much of a choice, nobody can refuse a challenge from sector securities, and all those who do are automatically disqualified.

DJD used his left hand to move the cape that was covering the top half of his right shoulder, and on his arm the was a badge that every sector security officer wore. DJD flashed the badge to Janembo with a smile. The badge was given to the highest ranking officers employed by the sector securities, and it was also given to the dark signers by Godwin in order to prevent any potential signers from refusing any challenge made by the dark signers.

DJD: (evil smirk) Like I said.. I've outdone in you power.

Janembo began to chuckle, and extended his hand out to Atem.

Janembo: Is that so?

Atem reached in his pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper, he handed it to Janembo, and Janembo folded it out. He showed it to DJD and it appeared to be some kind of contract with Goodwin's signature at the bottom. DJD looked at it and knew somehow Janembo could slip away from him again. His smirk disappeared from his face and it was replaced with a look of frustration as he stared down Janembo.

Janembo: Being the celebrity that I am you don't really think I'd bring myself to an event such as this one without any sort of protection do you? You see I worked with Goodwin, and we worked a contract that states that I am allowed to challenge anyone in this tournament, but nobody is allowed to challenge me unless they go through my good friend Atem first. You see a duelist of my caliber cannot be seen dueling with any low rate duelist so in order to prove that someone is worthy of losing to me they must first duel Atem.

Janembo smirked assuming he had gotten the last laugh. He knew DJD would challenge Atem, and he would make a run for it once DJD was distracted by Atem.

DJD: So after all these years you still have Atem do all your dirty work... pathetic.
    Janembo: It comes with being champ DJD. Unless you duel Atem or Atem has no more locator cards I am above your little shiny badge and can refuse any challenge you throw at me.

DJD was ready to challenge Atem, but was afraid the officers would not be able to keep Janembo detained since his contract outranked them. However, DJD had no choice he could at least take out Atem and look for Janembo later. DJD closed his fists in frustration and was ready to take on Atem, but before he could do so he was interrupted.

Carly: Is that so?

Carly began stepping forward from the crowd. She removed her hood that covered her face as she walked and finally stood next to DJD.

Carly: Well your boyfriend isn't protected by any cowardly contracts, but he is bound by our authority.

Carly moved the cape she was wearing out of the way to reveal her waist, and on her belt there was a badge identical to DJD's. DJD turned to Carly wondering why she was helping him. She had never really spoken to him while they were in the sector securities building, she always kept to herself, and the only person she ever really spoke to was OptimusYale because he always managed to tick her buttons.

DJD: What are you doing?
    Carly: Working on this teamwork thing.

Carly's duel disk turned on in the same fashion DJD's dragon head duel disk turned on, and nn awkward silence took over the crowd, there were no longer mutters and whispers as to what was going on. Atem and Janembo did not say anything. The crowd was so silent that when a breeze rushed through everyone could hear the wind howling. The breeze carried DJD's and Carly's capes with it as they stared Janembo and Atem down. Finally the crowd began roaring "Duel duel duel!" Among the crowd was still Det, Flo, Cross and CatGirl.

The Detonator: This should be good.
    xcross21: I may not like DJD, but that Janembo guy is sure way more detestable.

The crowd's "Duel!" roar got louder and louder, and soon det, and the rest could not hear themselves talk. The crowd was about to get a huge treat. The world champion and his protection were about to take on two of the mysterious people who emerged from the sector securities buildings. Not much was known about Atem, DJD, and Carly, but everyone assumed they were high caliber duelist given the organizations, and people they were associated with. Carly pointed towards Atem.

Carly: I'm challenging you to a duel for two locator cards, and if you want to protect your boyfriend then you have no choice but to accept.

Atem looked at Janembo and groaned, he looked down then looked at Carly. He wasn't about to let a girl bully him around. He turned his duel disk and pointed right back at Carly.

Atem: You want to lose that bad?! Then you got yourself a duel pretty little girl!

Carly brushed her hair into the wind then put her hand on her waist giving Atem a sort of model-like pose.

Carly: Don't let my good looks distract you from the duel little boy.
    Atem: Now you're asking for it!
    Carly: I've been.. so (same time as Atem) let's duel!
    Atem: Let's duel!

Atem:8000 LP Carly:8000 LP

DJD knew Atem had helped Janembo with the deck that made him world champion and both of them were the bains behind their decks. He knew Atem would be a tough opponent and with the money Janembo had there was no card that they probably didn't have. He looked at Carly and was worried because he had never seen her deck or duel, but for some reason Carly had an overconfident look on her face. She turned to DJD and nodded as if letting DJD know she'd handle it. DJD stepped back and allowed the duel to begin.

Atem: Ladies first.
    Carly: Alright, if you want it that way then I draw! (draws)

Carly looked at her hand and smiled, she then turned to Atem and began her move.

Carly: I activate the field spell card Future Visions!

The field card slot in her duel disk slid open, and carly placed her field spell card on the slot. The slot then closed back up, and her field began surrounding them and the crowd. The field was an abstract looking dimension with rectangular, almost card-like shaped images floated around. Each image had a different scenery in it, and they ranged from oceans, to woods, to deserts. One of the images showed Atem on his knees. Atem looked at the image and was confused to see himself there.
    Spoiler:
    Carly: You've never faced a duelist like me! This field spell allows me to see into the future, and you know what I see? YOUR DEMISE!
    Atem: Your mind games won't work on me, now tell me what this field spell does.
    Carly: I'd love to, but I love surprises even more so you'll just have to wait and find out. For now I set one card face down, and one monster in defense mode, and I'll end my turn.
    Atem: Alright then I draw! (draws) Next I'll summon X-Saber Airbellum! (1600/200)
    Spoiler:
    A humanoid beast was summoned on Atem's side of the field with three claws in each hand. Xcross saw the card and angrily began calling out to Carly.

xcross21: (angry) Hey you girl! Beat him! He stole my deck idea!
    Atem: Oh please kid.. My deck is far superior than your mediocre X-Sabers.
    xcross21: (angry) What did you say?! I'll show you my Sabers aren't mediocre!

Xcross began walked towards Atem. It seemed as if his victory over Mercer Bond had given him a huge confidence boost, but before he could take one more step Det grabbed him by the shoulder, and xcross tried to fight his way out of Det's grip, but he was still too small and weak to break Det's hold, who was much older then him.

The Detonator: Aren't you mister I can take on the world now? You know interrupting a duel is illegal so just chill out and watch the duel.

Xcross finally gave up and crossed his arms in annoyance. Carly looked at xcross and smiled, she then turned to Atem and snapped her fingers. As soon as her fingers snapped a hole opened next to X-Saber Airbellum and sucked him right in front of a shocked Atem.

Atem: (Shock) What the hell just happened?
    Carly: Oh that..? (smile) That was my field working its magic. You see whenever my field is in play any monster that is normal summoned is removed from play until the next standby phase of the monster's controller. So your little wolverine wanna be won't be back until your next turn.
    Atem: Grr.. I'll set two cards face down and end my turn.
    Carly: Alright, my turn! Draw! (draws) I'll flip summon Fortune Lady water!(Level 4 - ?/?)

Spoiler:
    Water was created from the floor in front of carly, and a female monster with blue skin, blue hair, blue attire, and a staff with with a blue Gem emerged from the hole of water, and was summoned on Carly's side of the field.

Atem: Fortune Ladies? I've never heard of such monsters. It has no ATK or DEF.
    Carly: Wrong. Fortune ladies gain ATK points based on the level they are, and each of my standby phases their level is raised by one. Since my Fortune Lady is level four she gains 300 ATK and DEF times four (Level 4 - 1200/1200)
    Atem: Wait a minute! Why wasn't she removed?!
    Carly: (Chuckle) Future Visions only removes monsters that are normal summoned. Its effect doesn't apply to flip and special summons. Now if you're done with questions I'd like to continue! Now I'll summon Fortune Lady Light!(Level 1 -?/?)
    Spoiler:
    A bright ray of light descended from the sky, and as the light dimmed it revealed another fortune lady taking field; it resembled Fortune Lady Water in almost every way, but the only difference was that Light was colored yellow.
    Carly: She won't be sticking around for long though since future visions' effect kicks in.

A hole similar to the one that sucked in X-Saber Airbellum appeared next to Fortune Lady Light. FL Light waved goodbye at Atem, and walked in through the hole willingly, unlike Airbellum who was sucked in.

Atem: What's the point of your field? It only slows our decks down. You are just another third rate duelist like the rest of the people in this crowd.

The crowd began to boo Atem

Carly: Once again you're wrong. It may slow your deck down, but for me it does wonders! You see whenever Fortune Lady Light is removed from the field by a card effect I can special summon one fortune lady from my deck!
    Janembo: What?! She is cheating!
    Carly: Not used to losing are we?

Carly's duel disk began its automatic deck search and shuffle, and slid out a card to the top of her deck. Carly drew the card and placed it in one of her Monster slots.

Carly: I choose to special summon Fortune Lady Wind! (Level 3 ?/?)
    Spoiler:
    A small whirlwind formed in front of Carly, and as the wind died down Fortune Lady Wind was revealed.

Carly: Much like Fortune Lady Water, Fortune Lady Wind's ATK and DEF is increased by 300 times her level so she totals 900 for now.

Fortune Lady Wind began elevating and then waved her want at Atem. A small whirlwind-like ray was created from her wand and it shot Atem's face down cards shattering them into the graveyard.

Atem: What the hell is going on now?!
    Carly: Oh did I forget? Fortune Ladies have special effects when they are summoned by the effects of a Fortune Lady. You see when Wind is summoned by the effect of a fortune lady she gets to destroy spell or traps on your side of the field equal to the amount of fortune ladies I control, and since I have two now... your traps went bye bye (smile)
    Atem: Grr.. You need to start explaining your cards so I can prepare for them!
    Carly: Oh? But this shiny badge says...

Carly gave Atem an innocent girl smile as she showed off her badge again, but soon her happy face soon turns to an evil smirk.

Carly: I can do whatever the hell I want! Now my ladies attack his life points directly!

Both of Carly's Fortune Ladies elevated and combined their water and wind attacks. A blast of water came out of Fortune Lady Water's Staff and soon after Fortune Lady Wind shot a a blast of wind from her staff which caught up to the water blast making the blast travel faster, and hitting Atem successfully. Atem tensed up as he received the blast and the crowd cheered for Carly.

Atem:5900 LP Carly:8000 LP

Carly: That's gonna do it for my turn.
    Atem: Alright it's my turn! Draw! (Draws) and now during my standby Phase Airbellum returns!

A hole opened dropping X-Saber Airbellum into the field.

Carly: Not so fast! Reveal trap card Bottomless Trap Hole!

Carly's face down card was revealed and as soon as X-Saber Airbellum was dropped into the field from the hole above, a hole below opened with a green mist emitting from it. Airbellum fell into it letting out an agonizing roar as it fell. The hole closed soon after Airbellum fell into it.

Carly: Now you can continue (smile)
    Atem: (Thinking) Damn it! She's got me against the wall! I can't normal summon or else my field will be open, and the only card in my hand that will allow me to special summon will be too vulnerable if I place it face down.... my only option is to stall with this guy until I can draw a Mystical Space Typhoon and get rid of this dreadful field spell. (Outloud) I'll set one monster in defense mode and end my turn!

DJD looked at Carly and his concerns from earlier were slowly fading away. Carly looked back at DJD giving him a confident look as if telling him 'I told you I could do it' with her eyes.
    DJD: (Thinking) Great! Carly's deck is removing from play everything Atem throws at her. She's good... No wonder Goodwin chose to save her.
    Carly: Wow is that really all you've got?! Oh well.. my turn! Draw! (Draws) Since it's my standby phase now I can bring back Fortune Lady Light!

A hole opens on the field and fortune Lady Light stumbles out of it.

Carly: Also all my fortune Ladies gain one level and with it their attacks increase!
    FL - Light (Level 2 400/400)
    FL - Water (Level 5 (1500/1500)
    FL - Wind (Level 4 1200/1200)

Carly: I got you right where I want you! I activate the spell card Nobleman of Crossout!

A knight with silver armor, and blonde hair appeared before Atem's face down monster. It was holding a sword upside down ready to stab Atem's face down. Atem's face told the story, his stalling strategy was going to go out the window, and Atem couldn't be more frustrated. The knight stabbed the card with its long sword revealing a Nimble Momonga.

Carly: Yay! No life points for you! Now you have to remove from play all the Nimble Momongas you have in your deck.
    Atem: Damn it...

Atem's duel disk began its automatic search and shuffle and pushed out two cards to the top of his deck. Atem grabbed them and placed them in a slot underneath his duel disk as removed from play.

Carly: I'll set one card face down and have my monsters attack your life points directly!

Once again Carly's fortune ladies attacked Atem, but this time the blast was intensified by a ray of light coming from Fortune Lady Light's staff.

Atem:2800 LP Carly:8000 LP

Carly: I'll end my turn.

Atem looked at Janembo who had not really said anything since the duel started, the crowd had been cheering for Carly the whole way through. Atem had not lost in a long time, and Carly's deck threw him completely off his deck. He never had to deal with a deck that wouldn't even allow him to summon. Atem had always worked with Janembo since they met in Duel Academy. They were both talented duelists, but were usually always outshined by DJD, and other duelists like Mercer Bond. They made a pact to help each other and have one of them reach the top. They created a deck which was almost unbeatable, but it was still not enough to outshine some of the talent in Duel Academy. For years they each gathered as many rare cards as they could until they were able to create the perfect deck which often beat opponents in one single turn. They could not share the deck so they picked Janembo to be the one who used it and soon Janembo became one of the brightest pupils in DA along with DJD. They were able to achieve their dream of a world championship after Duel Academy burned down, and Atem was there every step of the way with Janembo. Atem became like a big brother to Janembo, and today it seemed as if he was going to fail Janembo. Atem looked at DJD and couldn't understand why he was out for revenge against Janembo. He continued reminiscing until Carly snapped him back into his senses.

Carly: I said I end my turn!
    Atem: Damn it... (Thinking) If I don't draw the card I need I will have failed Janembo... after he took me with him all the way to the top... no... I can't fail him! I must win! (Outloud) Draw! (Draws) Yes! I play the magic card Mystical Space Typhoon on your Future Visions!

A typhoon appeared below the field and it sucked the field around the crowd down with it.

Atem: Now I'll summon Rescue Cat!
    Spoiler:
    A cute kitten with a whistle around his neck, and a helmet was summoned to Atem's side of the field. Carly stared at the cat with one eyebrow raised, and confused.

Carly: You get rid of my field so you can finally special summon.... and you summon that?!

Carly began laughing hysterically, but DJD stopped her.

DJD: Don't underestimate that thing... it's more dangerous than it looks.
    Carly: Oh jeez DJD I thought you trusted me?
    Atem: You can laugh all you want, but this duel is about to turn around! I activate Recue Cat's effect! By sacrificing it I can special summon two level three or lower beast-type monsters from my deck to the field!

Rescue Cat grabbed its whistle with its mouth and let out a huge whistle, the cat then faded away and two beast emerged. One was a giant Koala, and the other one was another X-Saber Airbellum.

Atem: I special summon Des Koala, and X-Saber Airbellum! Since Airbellum is a tuner I can now synchro summon Goyo Guardian!
    X-Saber Airbellum began glowing as he jumped into the air and then disintegrated into three green circles of light that made a patter one after the other, soon after Des Koala jumped through the three circles and as he made his way past all of them a bright light began radiating from the monster and Goyo Guardian emerged.
    Spoiler:
    The momentum quickly shifted into Atem's favor. The crowd began booing since Carly appeared to be in trouble, and she only put her arms on her hips waiting for Atem's move. DJD knew Carly was in trouble and she was trying to play it off as she usually did. Atem smiled and ordered Goyo to attack.

Atem: I am one of the best duelists in the world! You didn't think I'd go down so easily did you?! Goyo Guardian attack Fortune Lady Light!

Goyo Guardian began swinging its weapon charged Fortune Lady Light. Atem had a smile from ear to ear as he knew none of her fortune ladies stood a chance against Goyo Guardian.

Carly: I don't think so!

Atem's heart dropped as soon as he heard those words, he feared he had walked into a trap and indeed he had. Carly revealed her face down card.

Carly: I activate slip of fortune! This trap card negates one of your monsters attack, and removes its target from play so Fortune Lady Light is going bye bye again.
    Atem: No!
    Carly: I assume you know what that means! I get to special summon one fortune lady from my deck now!

Carly's duel disk automatic search and shuffle began and slipped out a card to the top of her deck. Carly drew it and paced it in an empty monster slot on her duel disk.

Carly: I summon fortune lady fire!
    Spoiler:
    Flames began bursting out of the floor in front of carly, and as the flames died out Fortune Lady Fire was revealed.

Carly: I told yo before! Your future was revealed to me, and now it has come to pass! This card is your demise! Whenever it's special summoned by the effect of a fortune lady I can destroy one of your monsters!

Fortune Lady Fire elevated and let out a huge burst of flames from her staff engulfing Goyo Guardian and eventually shattering it to the graveyard.

Atem: No! My Guardian!
    Carly: But that's not all! The destroyed monster's attack points come out of your life points!

Suddenly Atem was surrounded by a circle of fire, and the flames were getting stronger, and getting closer to him as the fire intensified. Atem tried to back away, but he was surrounded.

Atem: No! No!

The flames finally reached Atem and covered him from head to toe burning the rest of his life points. The crowd cheered as Carly won.

Atem:0 LP Carly:8000 LP

As the flames died out Atem dropped to his knees. His duel disk released his deck as it did with everyone who lost in the tournament. The holograms disappeared and Carly walked over to Atem.

Carly: Hand your locator cards over.

Atem did not look at Carly, he only reached for his graveyard slot to pull out his two locator cards and willingly handed them over to Carly. Carly grabbed them and began walking towards DJD.

Carly: Told you I could do it, now his boyfriend is all yours. You better not lose!
    DJD: Right.
    Carly: Oh! I almost forgot.

Carly turned to face Atem who was approached by Janembo and began yelling at him.

Janembo: How could you lose to such a duelist?! You are worthless! You were supposed to help me in this tournament! I should have left you to rot in Duel Academy like all the duelist there who became nobodies after it burned down!

Atem said nothing. Carly walked towards Atem and kneeled down in front of him. Atem looked at Carly as she was giving him a big smile.

Janembo: What the hell do you want?!

Carly ignored Janembo and continued to smile at Atem. Her smile comforted Atem for a bit, he thought she was going to comfort him.

Carly: (Smile) I forgot to take your rarest card!

Carly picked up Atem's Rescue Cat got up and walked towards DJD again. Atem comfort soon turned into despair. DJD snapped his fingers and the Sector Securities officers shoved Janembo forward.

DJD: You have nowhere to hide now.
    Janembo: You think I'm afraid of you?! I'm not world champion for nothing! My deck can still defeat you DJD!

Janembo turned his duel disk on and the crowd began Cheering.

xcross21: Get him DJD!
    Flodian: Why are you cheering for him?! You don't even know him!

Carly overheard xcross and turned to see him. Xcross noticed Carly looked at him and blushed. Carly grabbed the rescue cat she had won from Atem and reached for xcross' hand as she held the card.

Carly: You keep it. I have no use for it.
    xcross21: Really?!
    Carly: Do it before I change my mind.

Xcross took the card, but before he could thank Carly she was already walking towards DJD. DJD turned to Carly ready to speak to her, but before he could Carly interrupted.

Carly: (Annoyed) Don't even do the whole thank you thing. I needed his locator cards, and now you get to go at that guy. Two bird in one stone, just make sure you win.

DJD smiled ant turned towards Janembo, he knew Carly was acting tough again. He turned on his duel disk again and was ready to face Janembo.

xcross21: Those guys are so cool! That's why we should cheer for them! Besides that Janembo guy is a jerk, and DJD is one from the Satellite! He's one of us!
    The Detonator: He's not from the Satellite... He was only there because he ran away from Neo Domino.
    CatGirl: Wait what? Why would he run away?
    The Detonator: Because he was the one who burned down Duel Academy...
    xcross21: (Shock/Same time) What?!
    CatGirl: (Shock/Same time) What?!
    Flodian: (Shock/Same time) What?!

The group's shock was silenced by the Crowd's thunderous roar, and the crowd was about to get even bigger. Above the duel a screen turned from black to helicopter image of the duel DJD and Janembo were about to have. The image started being broad casted to every big screen found in Neo Domino City. The other dark signers noticed DJD was about to duel and stopped walking to watch the duel, and apparently so did all of Neo Domino. Some people began getting hysterical as they started recognizing DJD. Anyone who knew who DJD in Neo Domino knew that he was the prime suspect in the burning down of Duel Academy, and many speculated he had done it because he had trouble with his professors. Everyone knew he was one of the best duelists there along with Janembo before it burned down and many did not know how to react. People wanted to get his hands on him for burning down the most important dueling institution in Neo Domino, but at the same time they knew the match that was being broad casted was a once in a life time dream match. DJD and Janembo seemingly tuned out the commotion they had created and were ready to settle their scores.

DJD: Duel!
    Janembo: Duel!

DJD:8000 LP Janembo:8000 LP

Chapter 9 End

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Empty Re: TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond

Post by xcross21 Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:27 am

Awsome chapter I got a kitty XD and djds duel with janembo will be epic and for someone who was friends and stuck together with stem since duel academy he janembo is mean to him XD chapter 10 will rock im sure
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:31 am

Atem lost. Hmph, he deserved it, cause he's not me. Razz lol, you remembered the deck i used when we dueled DJD. Anyways i've changed it now, since even Fortune Ladies can kick it. Razz
    You did make a few dueling mistakes though, but doesn't matter.
    Go DJD go, show Janembo who's boss. Next chapter will be a good one.
    And give me meh cat back, cross. Razz
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Fri Mar 19, 2010 6:54 pm

NO no kitty for you!!!XD Ill beat you in a duel until your purple to prove you dont get my kitty back XD just get over it and wait for chapter 10 XD
    Jaden Yuki
    Jaden Yuki

Male Posts : 131
    Speed Credits : 1315

Post by Jaden Yuki Fri Mar 19, 2010 9:04 pm

so when am i coming into this story?? lol jk
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:07 pm

And when will I duel? My beasts have gone out of shape xD Hopefully I get an epic duel as well Very Happy

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Janembo
    Janembo

Male Posts : 294
    Speed Credits : 2900

Post by Janembo Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am

@Chapter 7:(I just read it):World champ:D but I am not so arogant in real:D
    @ rest b4 chapter 7:djd you have really out done your self this time.
    @ chapter 8:Wow...Im suprised It is farly best 1 yet.
    @chapter 9:epic,please don't make me lose Very Happy)
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:40 am

I haven't written a chapter in a while so I'll give you guys a quick recap of what's happened so far. If your memory is still fresh from chapters 1-9 then read on x]

Story begins with DJD being turned into a Dark Signer by Rex Goodwin who asks him to help him win a battle city style tournament as it would draw in the signers. Goodwin hopes to gather all the signers to neo domino so he can summon the crimson dragon and harvest its power. DJD agrees and finds out he is not the only person who was turned into a dark signer. He is in a team with various different people who survived the ritual as well. Everyone on the team has a reason for why they became dark signers since only people who have strong feelings of revenge tend to survive a dark signer ritual. DJD clashes with Supreme_King, who is an egotistical duelist, but later they both find respect for each other.
    In the satellite, four friends make their way to neo battle city in order to win the grand prize, but the satellite is a place where only poor people live so they are not welcome in neo domino. The tournament begins and some duels take place, and after a while DJD finally finds the person he'd been wanting to duel and the person he wanted to get revenge on, Janembo (the current duel monsters world champion). His reasons for wanting to get revenge on Janembo are unknown, but it may have something to do with the fire people believe DJD caused in Duel Academy. At the end of chapter nine DJD finally gets a chance to duel with Janembo and the duel gets under way.

~Chapter Ten: Burning Memories~

Lights were burning bright as a crowd gathered in a giant circle cheered. The cheering was so loud that nobody could really hear each other as they tried to talk. The mindless screaming and cheering suddenly began turning into a single chant. The crowd was chanting Janembo's name over and over again as he had finally defeated DJD. As the holograms faded Janembo raised both his hands in victory and savoring every moment of the crowd's love for him. DJD stood across from Janembo in disbelief, never in his life had he been embarrassed like Janembo had just embarrassed him by beating him in only three turns, and during those turns DJD was not able to attack or do anything to stop Janembo from winning. Janembo continued to circle around with his arms raised high as he was being showered in praise by the adoring crowd, and it made DJD sick because he knew he was better than Janembo, and the only reason Janembo beat him was because of his wide variety of rare cards and an incredibly huge amount of luck.

Before DJD could get any sicker he decided to walk away. He turned his back on Janembo and stepped down from a dueling platform. DJD and Janembo were not dueling in the streets of Neo Battle City, they had just finished a duel in the arena of Duel Academy. The duel arena was a huge dome that could fill thousands of spectators and at the very center there was a white platform with enough space for holograms to be summoned on duelists’ sides of the field. DJD was reminiscing on the past. He recalled the last time he dueled Janembo as if he were living the moment again, and had been doing so every day for the last four years of his life. DJD continued reminiscing on his past and saw himself stepping down from the Arena platform as the crowd continued to cheer Janembo on. At the end of the platform steps he was greeted by a man who appeared to be in his late forties or early fifties.
    Spoiler:
    He was wearing a pair of glasses, and his hair was beginning to turn white signaling his wisdom. He was none other than the head master of duel academy; he smiled at DJD and gave him a pat on the shoulder.

DA Headmaster : You did very well, don't be ashamed about your loss.
    DJD: I'm not ashamed. He got lucky.
    DA Headmaster: Oh DJD... sometimes it's okay to lose. His deck is just very well built son, he has defeated almost everyone in this tournament in the same way. Also Janemb is your..

Before the headmaster could finish he was interrupted by a loud voice on the arena speakers.

announcer Please give it up for Janembo who will advance to the final in our annual 'Deck Theme Tournament!'

DJD turned back and saw the academy referee raising Janembo's hand. The announcer continued to speak, but DJD tuned it out and continued walking disregarding what the headmaster was about to tell him. DJD made his way to the arena tunnel which leads to duel academy and the duel academy dorms. As he walked the crowd noise became less irritating and allowed DJD to clear his head when suddenly he came to a stop. He stared at the ground and recalled the duels Janembo had in the preliminaries and quarter final matches. He turned around and smiled.

DJD: Very well built...

DJD continued walking and made and faded into the dark night outside of the duel arena.

The next morning students at Duel Academy were in their classrooms. The Slifer reds were being taught the basics of dueling like the phases of a turn, the Ra yellows were being taught elementary stuff like combos, and the Obelisk blues were being taught complex aspects of dueling like rulings. Studying at Duel Academy was a pleasant experience as all the students were usually respectful to their professors, and everyone was silent as instructors gave their lessons. In the main hall of Duel Academy there were the classrooms which gave lessons to the advanced Obelisk blue students and in the center of the hall there was a big door with the writing 'Headmaster' engraved on it. It was a day like any other in Duel Academy, but suddenly the silence was broken by loud screaming coming from the Headmaster's office.

DA Headmaster: (shouting) Your jealousy knows no boundaries! How dare you say such things?!.
    DJD: (shouting) You're not even listening!
    DA Headmaster: (shouting) How dare you yell back at me?! Out of my office DJD! OUT! This time you've gone too far.
    DJD: (enraged shouting) I'll show you! I'll show all of you!

DJD stormed out of the headmaster's office with students looking out into the hall with a scared look in their face as he passed by. DJD was always known for having problems with his professors, and the words he just said sounded threatening to everyone. A concerned professor left her classroom and walked into the headmaster's office The head master was sitting on his desk with both elbows down on it and grabbing his head in frustration. The headmaster obviously was a man of money; his desk looked very expensive and had lots of expensive looking decorations on it. Among the decorations there was a golden globe, a golden deck box in the shape of the art in the 'gold sarcophagus' card, and a picture framed in silver with the image of a younger looking headmaster and two boys who shared a striking resemblance to Janembo and DJD because they were in fact DJD and Janembo when they were merely kids. They were standing on opposite sides of the headmaster, and the head master had one both his arms around both children, and all three shared a huge smile from ear to ear. The concerned teacher looked at the picture then spoke

Professor Laurie: Is everything alright headmaster?
    DA Headmaster: One of these days one of those two is going to kill me...
    Professor Laurie: Are you referring to your grandchildren sir?
    DA Headmaster: Could you please get a hold of Janembo for me? I need to speak with him urgently..
    Proffessor: Right away sir!

A few hours passed since the incident, and DJD was now lying in his bed facing the ceiling with his hands behind his head. He was laying in the dark thinking of what he should do.

Crescent: So what are you going to do?

Crescent was a boy the age of DJD; at the time they were both about fifteen years old. He was DJD's Obelisk blue dorm room mate, and had also become his best friend over the years. DJD helped Crescent make it from Ra to Obelisk in less than a year, and both aspired to be professional duelists once they graduated from Duel Academy.

DJD: I don't know.. You and the old man are the only ones I've told. Maybe I'll talk to him...
    Crescent: I doubt he'd willingly give in.
    DJD: Only one way to make them see...

DJD got up from his bed and picked up his Obelisk blue jacket from the bed.

Crescent: Don't do anything you'll regret..

DJD gave Crescent thumbs up and began walking towards the door.

DJD: It's late.. don't wait up for me.
    Crescent: Right.

DJD walked out and closed the door behind him. Crescent realizing it was past two in the morning he decided to lay down and sleep. Crescent had not been sleeping for more than an hour when he was woken up by a loud scream. The one scream suddenly turned into another, and another. He couldn't make out what was being yelled so he decided to go investigate as he was getting up the screaming became more and more difficult to hear; it was as if people were being tortured. Crescent got scared and decided to check it out fast. He walked towards the door and attempted to twist the doorknob to open the door, but the moment he touched it a sizzling sound came from his hand and the smell of burning flesh overwhelmed Crescent. Crescent groaned and grabbed his hand in agony.

Crescent: What the hell is going on!?

Crescent looked under the door and realized smoke was crawling from beneath the door. He then realized the screaming were being burned or trapped in their rooms.

Crescent: Oh no! Damn it!

Crescent quickly grabbed the blanket in his bed and covered the crack underneath his door, but by that time the smoke inside was overwhelming. Crescent lungs began filling with smoke, and he began to cough violently. He ducked to reach the small pocket of fresh air and began calling out for help desperately.

Crescent: Help! DJD! Someone! Help me! (cough)

Crescent was hoping to survive out the smoke until the fire fighters came to put out the fire, but any hope he had left was consumed by fire along with the door. The wooden door to his dorm was consumed in flames allowing the violent fire to come into the room.

Crescent: HEEELP!

Crescent was never heard from again and neither were most of the Obelisk, and Ra dorm members who unfortunately did not make it out of the fire by the time firefighters arrived. After some time the firefighters were able to control the fire which had eaten away half of Duel Academy's building. Some professors were able to make it out alive along with some students who were mostly from the Slifer red dorm. A terrorized Professor Laurie looked upon Duel Academy as it collapsed, and wondered how such a highly advanced building could burn down. She then heard some screaming coming from within the academy and realized there was probably someone still inside. She realized the fire fighters were too busy putting out the last flames and rushed inside to help whoever was trapped. She walked into what used to be the grand entrance and saw how the walls of Duel Academy were no more a big black stain left as a result of the intense fire. She continued to hear the screaming and it came from the Obelisk blue hall where the headmaster's office was. She hurried and saw two people one was on the floor, bloody pleading for mercy. Professor Laurie realized the two were fighting since a fire could not cause a student to bleed out of his face in such a way.

Professor Laurie: What's going on here?! Are you guys okay?!

As professor Laurie got closer she made out the two students. They were DJD and Janembo. She was shocked and slowly began approaching them. She remembered how DJD threatened to 'show everyone' and realized he had started the blaze. DJD and Janembo realized they were not alone. Janembo was on the ground bloody, and DJD was standing above him with his fist raised high. Next to the two there were containers of Gasoline which was further proof that DJD had set Duel Academy on fire.

Professor Laurie: DJD what have you done?!
    Janembo: Profressor! He's killed my grandfather! He's burned down the school! He's trying to kill me!

Janembo got up, and began running towards the professor. DJD had a shocked look to his face as if barely realizing what had happened. He stared at Janembo with disgust, and realized the cops would come after him if he didn't get out of there fast.

DJD: I will have my revenge Janembo!

DJD turned around and began running off into the city. DJD was never heard from again in Neo Domino City as he fled to The Satellite where he spent the last four years of his life waiting for the moment that was about to take place.

DJD:8000 LP Janembo:8000 LP

DJD: Draw! (Draws) I set two cards face down and end my turn.
    Janembo: Let's see if I can't beat you in less than three turns this time around DJD! Draw! (Draws) Heh.. Looks like I'll be winning this one! I activate Destiny Draw! This card lets me send one Destiny Hero from my hand to the grave to draw two cards! (Janembo draws 2 cards) Now I activate Trade-In! This other card allows me to send a level eight or higher monster from my hand to the grave to draw two cards! (Janembo Draws 2 cards) Now I discard one Thunder Dragon from my hand to add two Thunder Dragons from my deck to my hand! Next..!

DJD: Wait! You're so predictable Janembo.. Same opening move as always I see.
    Janembo: What of it?
    DJD: You would've thought someone would've have caught on to you by now. This is the exact same opening move you did against Mercer Bond in the Fortune Cup, the exact same opening move you did against Crescent in the Structure deck tournament four years ago, and so many other times.
    Janembo: My deck contains a lot of the same cards, it is only logical I'd have the same opening hand multiple times. This deck is very well built.
    DJD: Very well built... that's what I said when you defeated me. Anyway, I have a condition for dueling you. If you do not accept this rule then you'll be disqualified. Your contract does not protect you from this.
    Janembo: What are you talking about? What rule?
    DJD: Now that you've added two thunder dragons from your deck to your hand you must shuffle. Well instead of having the duel disk for you.. I want you to do it manually.
    Janembo: What?! No!
    DJD: Why not..? Is it because your duel disk shuffler... is so well built?

Suddenly the blood rushed away from Janembo's face as well as everyone in the crowd.

The Detonator: Now way... He's been cheating this whole time?!
    Flodian: So that's how he gets the first turn kills all the time!
    DJD: Come on Janembo, you should have nothing to worry about.

Janembo realized if he didn't comply he would look like a cheater in front of the world so he decided to go along with DJD.

Janembo: Fine!

Janembo took out his deck from his deck slot in his duel disk and began slowly shuffling it. DJD was staring down Janembo with hate, and Janembo avoided making eye contact. Janembo finished shuffling his deck, and was about to put it back in his deck slot when he was again interrupted.

DJD: Wait!
    Janembo: Now what?!

DJD walked towards Janembo and extended his hand out to him.

DJD: Let me cut it.
    Janembo: Grr..

Janembo handed DJD his deck, and DJD cut it two times. However, instead of handing it back he grabbed the wrist Janembo was wearing his duel disk on and violently pulled it towards him. He then placed the deck inside the deck slot and began walking back to his spot.

DJD: Never trust your opponent until you've cut his deck. Isn't that what I taught you..? Little brother.

Chapter 10 End

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:20 am; edited 4 times in total
    xcross21
    xcross21

Post by xcross21 Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:03 am

Sweet chapter man the ending is epic as always and it figures janembo was cheating I always suspected yooouu Im watching ya Janembo x].
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:47 am

Awesome chapter....Been waiting to read the next installment for a while Smile
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:08 am

DJD and Janembo are brothers?? O_o Wow, this is gonna be reeeeeeally serious when the next chapter comes. Cool
    Yea, cross. We gotta keep track if he pulls something. He's not to be trusted all right. xD

Can't wait for the next one! Smile bounce

~ cat
    Janembo
    Janembo

Post by Janembo Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:39 pm

I'm cheater-_-
    That 1 sucks:P
    Nice chapter Very Happy I didn't thoght we were gonna be bros Razz
    You gave me my favorite deck^^
    P.S:lets get this game on way shell we bro^^
    Shade
    Shade

Male Posts : 90
    Speed Credits : 490

Post by Shade Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:21 pm

Nice story man! I hope there will be interesting net chapter as well! Smile
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Post by Supreme_King Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:17 pm

Haha Janembo! Knew it, you always cheated xD Nice one DJD, but I think that next time you want a rematch, burning the academy and half the students and some teachers to the ground doesn't quite cut it xD

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Janembo
    Janembo

Post by Janembo Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:21 pm

@Supreme:I am so evil >:O Still...cheating ftw xD
    And yeah DJD is also evil he burnt down academy and now he is looking me with discus since I got away from butt kicking:P
    Zerix
    Zerix

Male Posts : 104
    Speed Credits : 2032

Post by Zerix Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:29 pm

Nice chapter. Getting burned alive ftw cheers

Great chapter! Awesome ending. I can't say i saw it coming.
    wolverine
    wolverine

Male Posts : 248
    Speed Credits : 773

Post by wolverine Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 pm

wow they are brothers i didn't see that coming
    Janembo
    Janembo

Post by Janembo Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:21 pm

When is next chapter coming out?
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11: Severed Bond - Page 3 Empty TDA Chronicles: Ch. 11--Severed Bond

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:23 am

~Chapter Eleven: Severed Bond~

DJD made his way back to the his spot across from Janembo. He turned around to see Janembo's expression, which told the whole story. Although DJD couldn't prove it he had already made Janembo look like a cheater, and a look of desperation consumed Janembo. DJD knew he had Janembo right where he wanted him because he was 100 percent sure that Janembo's duel disk had been setting up Janembo with one turn kill hands, and now it would come down to luck, and not the duel disk for Janembo to pull off the one-turn kill. Janembo did not make a move which began to frustrate DJD.

DJD: You can proceed you know.

Janembo looked down and clenched his fist with anger.

Janembo: I have no brother.

The comment took DJD by surprise.

DJD: Oh? You are going to play the victim again?
    Janembo: The day you burned down Duel Academy you ceased to be my brother!
    DJD: You're really something kid... Make your move!

Janembo got his mind out of the day of the fire, and back into the duel.

Janembo: You want to take everything away from me?! Well I'm not gonna let that happen. I am not a cheater, and I will prove why I have the best deck in the world! I activate card destruction! I'll send the two thunder dragons I just got to the grave, and draw two new cards (Janembo draws 2). Not only that, but you must also discard two and draw two.

DJD discarded and drew two cards, Janembo looked at his hand and smiled.

Janembo: You don't have a chance! I play Royal Magical Library in ATK mode!
    Spoiler:
    DJD: Not so fast! I activate Book of Moon! This flips your Library face down making you unable to get counters until your next turn when you're able to flip it face up!
    Janembo: Damn!

Royal Magical Library was Janembo's deck engine and without it his deck slowed down tremendously. DJD had obviously prepared for Janembo's deck, and now Janembo would have to wait a whole turn before he could flip his library back up. However Janembo wasn't too worried as he already had three pieces of Exodia in his hand, but there was nothing else he could do with the rest of his hand.

Janembo: I guess I won't be able to get you in a single turn... I end!
    DJD: Good! My turn. Draw! (DJD draws) I set one card face down, and a monster in defense mode. I'll end my turn with that.
    Janembo: My turn! Draw (Janembo draws)
    DJD: Before you do anything! Reveal trap card... Trap Dustshoot!
    Spoiler:
    Janembo: Grr..!
    DJD:Now you have to reveal your hand to me, and place one card back in your deck!

Seven life size cards appeared before Janembo, and turned to be revealed. Janembo's hand was as follows: Broken Bamboo Sword, Destiny Draw, Trade-in, Exodia the Forbidden one, Left Leg of the Forbidden one, Right Leg of the Forbidden One, and Golden Bamboo sword. DJD smiled at Janembo's hand and made his choice.

DJD: I pick Exodia the Forbidden one, and remember to shuffle your own deck.

Janembo retrieved his deck from his duel disk and placed his card in the middle then began shuffling it slowly.

DJD: Hurry up! It seems that these automatic shufflers have made you forget how to shuffle fast.
    Janembo: Shut up DJD!

Janembo began shuffling faster, and finally placed his deck back in his duel disk after shuffling thoroughly, and continued his turn.

Janembo: I flip summon my Royal Magical Library! (0/2000)

From the face down card emerged a large book case that looked more like a wall. It began towering higher and higher behind Janembo until it finally stopped.

Janembo: This is the beginning of the end for you DJD! This card allows me to place a spell counter on it for every spell card I play, and once it gets three spell counters I get to draw one card. Now I'll equip it with my Broken Bamboo Sword!

A broken bamboo sword appeared on one of the shelves of the book case.

DJD: I'll counter with Mystical Space Typhoon!

DJD extended his arm forward revealing hsi face down card. A whirlwind emerged from the card which gradually got bigger and bigger making its way towards Janembo's library as it grew. It finally became a full sized typhoon striking the bamboo sword in Janembo's library, and destroying it.

DJD: Now you can't activate your golden sword, and you've left your library quite vulnerable.

Janembo clenched his fist one more time and began turning red in angry frustration

Janembo: What do you want from me DJD!? Wasn't it enough when you burned down Duel Academy, my friends, and my grandfather with it!?
    DJD: Oh shut up with that already Janembo! Do you really think nobody was watching you?! I've kept your secret all these years hoping that your concience would one day catch up to you, but it seems you don't have one.

Janembo became very hostile towards DJD's words and the anger was written all over his face. The crowd was silent throughout the whole duel, they did not know who they should cheer for or what was going on. They knew DJD was a criminal, but didn't want to root against him because he somehow was tied to sector securities, and Janembo was the world champion who had been accused of cheating his way to the top. The atmosphere was awkward, and everyone's eyes were on Janembo.

Janembo: Who watched me?! What are you talking about?!
    DJD: I watched you!

Suddenly Janembo was overwhelmed by shock and his face gave off a blank look as if no reaction could express what he had just heard. The crowd began gasping and whispering with each other. Carly looked at DJD and was surprised to see his expression; It was no longer that of a man out for revenge, but that of a man with a broken heart. DJD seemed out of breath as if saying those words had taken the wind out of him. Carly then realized what was going on and began walking towards DJD, but DJD held his hand out to her to stop her. He looked at her and shook his head. The blank expression which made it look as if Janembo was somewhere else began fading and he quickly came back to reality.

Janembo: I... don't know what you're talking about....
    DJD: You're only lying to yourself you know. There was no proof that I burned down Duel Academy which is why I was never arrested or sought after when I feld to The Satellite.
    Janembo: I... don't know what you're talking about!
    DJD: You burned down Duel Academy Janembo... not me.

The crowd became silent, and noone made a sound. Janembo did not make eye contact with DJD, and everyone was waiting for Janembo's response, but it did not come. DJD looked around and saw the shock in everyone's faces, including Atem. He never wanted to expose Janembo publicly, but Janembo left him no choice.

DJD: You've had a rigged duel disk ever since you built your Exodia deck with Atem. I figured you out the night you defeated me in that tournament. I talked to the head master, and he accused me of being Jealous. I was furious because the head master... my own grandfather would not believe me and thought I would sink so low! As if I had no feelings other than Jealousy for my own brother! As if I would not be proud of you for defeating me... I was upset for losing that night, but I was more proud of the fact that my little brother was finally stepping out of my shadow.
    Janembo: You're a liar...
    DJD: As I walked out of the tunnel I remembered all your matches and became prouder and prouder as I remembered how you beat everyone in less than five turns each, but then it hit me... Nobody was that lucky. The more I thought about the more it made sense, and I figured you out. The sense of pride I felt for you quickly turned into disgust. I wanted our grandfather to deal with you privately so you would not be made a fool out of in Duel Academy, but he would not listen; I figured if I gave him some time to calm down he'd listen to me so I waited a couple of hours. Later that night I went to his office only to find him half dead.......

DJD paused for a second he shut his eyes tightly as he remembered that night as if it were happening right before him again.

Flashback
    DJD rushed into the room and kneeled before his grandfather who was covered in blood.
    DJD: Oh god...

His grandfather moved slightly and looked at DJD

DJD: Good! You're alive! Stay here I'll get some help!

DJD tried to get up but his grandfather weakly grabbed his arm in an attempt to stop him.

DA Headmaster: (Weak)Don't... I'm not going to make it...
    DJD: Don't say that old man!
    DA Headmaster: (Weak)You... you were right DJD... he cheated...
    DJD: That doesn't matter right now! We need to get you some help!
    DA Headmaster: (Weak)He.. he... didn't want to be exposed...

DJD's face became overwhelmed with shock, and the shock quickly turned to tears as he heard his grandfather's last words.

DJD: What... who did this to you?!
    DA Headmaster: (Weak)Promise... promise you won't tell anyone... he... did not mean to..
    DJD: Are you saying it was Janembo?!
    DA Headmaster: (Weak)I promised your parents... I'd take care of you two... when they died.. I'm sorry I couldn't... keep my promise..
    DJD: Gramps! Don't talk like that! Who did this to you!?!?
    DA Headmaster: (Weak)Now.. you must take care of each other... I love you both...

DJD's grandfather's body seized to move and his stare became blank.

DJD: No! Grandpa! GRANDPA!

DJD shook his grandfather's body, but he knew there was nothing else he could do. He went to look for help when he saw Janembo pouring gasoline in the Obelisk Blue hall. DJD was shocked to see his brother trying to burn down the academy.

DJD: Hey!

Janembo turned around, but could not make out who called out to him as the hall was dark, and he was very nervous. He quickly lit a fire and dropped it on the gasoline. DJD tried to chase after Janembo but the flames blocked his way. He went back into the head master's office and opened the window and jumped out of it escape the flames. The head master's window was quite high, but his fall was broken by a couple of trees. DJD landed safely on the ground, and he looked back to see Duel Academy slowly catching ablaze. DJD figured that Janembo tried to burn down the academy in order to get rid of any evidence of his grandfather's murder. DJD wasn't quite sure how to react; he was sad that he would surely lose the last remainder of his family because Janembo would go to jail, and angry at the fact that Janembo was capable of such terrible thing. He decided to go look for Janembo and turn him over to the authorities. He walked all the way around Duel Academy as he heard sirens coming from the inner city, but Janembo was nowhere to be found. There was chaos going on around the school as students fled the building making it harded to find Janembo. The fire fighters had finally arrived and began trying to control the fire. DJD walked inside the building through an entrance in the southern area of Duel Academy and saw Janembo sitting down against a wall in a dark hall. DJD made loud foot steps as he walked towards Janembo which scared him, but he then realized it was just DJD.

Janembo: DJD! What happened!?

DJD knew Janembo was pretending, and instead of answeing him he grabbed him by the collar of his shirt and began punching him relentlessly. Janembo asked DJD to stop, but DJD couldn't bring himself to stop as he continued to beat Janembo with tears in his eyes. Janembo pleaded for mercy, and suddenly DJD stopped after hearing the voice of a Duel Academy professor.

Professor Laurie: What's going on here?! Are you guys okay?!
    Flashforward

DJD: When she showed I realized what I was doing, and let you go I never liked our grandfather because he always babied you, and a professor witnessing me beating you made me the prime suspect, and I've lived with that all these years.

Janembo looked at DJD with disgust

Janembo: You would place the blame on your own brother DJD!?
    DJD: You just don't quit the act do you...? End your turn! We still have a duel to finish
    Janembo: End..

DJD drew silently and looked at his hand.

DJD: I'll flip summon Ryko Lightsworn Hunter! When this card if flipped I can destroy one card on the field, and I pick your library. Now I have to send the top three cards from my deck to the grave.
    Spoiler:

DJD sent three cards from the top of his deck, but the ground began glowing after that and a humanoid wolf was summoned to his side of the field.

DJD: Since I discarded Wulf from my deck I can now special summon him!
    Spoiler:
    DJD: Next, I'll summon Garoth, Lightsworn Warrior!
    Spoiler:
    DJD: Now! Attack his life points directly!

All three monsters attacked Janembo directly, and all Janembo could do was brace himself for the attacks.

DJD:8000 LP Janembo:3850 LP

DJD: I end my turn..

Before Janembo could begin his turn Atem called out to Janembo.

Atem: Tell me it isn't true! My sister was in that building Janembo! Tell me it wasn't you who burned down Duel Academy!

Janembo did not answer, and began his turn by drawing. However, Atem was not having it and walked up to Janembo and grabbed him by his neck collar.

Atem: Don't you ignore me! I've considered you my brother all these years, I helped you get to where you are today, and I've put up with the attitude you got when the fame got to your head! I deserve to know the truth!

Janembo still had no answer, but his eyes began tearing up; Atem released Janembo and Janembo dropped to his knees. The tears in Janembo's eyes were proof enough that he could not come forward with the truth, and Atem could not believe it. He slowly backed away from Janembo as his eyes teared up.

Atem: That's why you always checked the paper to see if they had caught DJD. You knew if they finally caught him you would have gotten away with murder! You killed my sister Janembo!

Atem became enraged, and began charging Janembo, but the crowd behind him aprehended him.

Atem: Let me go! He's a murderer!

Janembo was still on his knees, and did not make eye contact with anyone. He was looking at the ground not revealing his face to anyone as the shame was too much for him to bear. DJD stared at Janembo as he had finally been exposed for his crime, and felt as if he had made a mistake. He could not bear to see the sight of Janembo down on his knees.

Janembo: (soft spoken)I end my turn....

DJD drew a card

DJD: There is nothing he can do.. this duel is over... Officers, aprehend him and have sector securities re-open the Duel Academy fire case..

The holograms faded as DJD was victorious, but nobody cheered; there was silence all around. DJD did not feel victorious either, he was crushed because he broke his promise to his grandfather. Carly walked towards DJD and placed her hand on his shoulder.

Carly: You did the right thing..
    DJD: I know..

The parts that remained human in Carly and DJD showed as they watched Janembo being grabbed by officers. Janembo did not struggle but before they could take him away he looked at DJD.

Janembo: You never liked our grandfather! Why would you do what he wanted?! Why didn't you ever turn me in!?

DJD looked at Janembo, and gave him a broken smile.

DJD: Because you're my little brother...

Chapter 11 End.

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:21 am; edited 4 times in total
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:48 am

Few things I changed for ya bro Razz

Seized=Ceased

I know you know the difference Wink

Also the last line is supposed to be you not Janembo Razz

But I appreciate you working under pressure and speed Smile

but again, another cracking piece of writing dude! Love the story and love the characters Smile
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:03 am

i wrote it super fast, and my ms word probably corrected the spelling for me wrong lol thanks though, and glad you liked it.
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Post by OptimusYale Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:56 am

I know...which is even more impressive that you can continue a strong narrative whilst writing super quickly Smile

Your narrative skills are incredible! Did you have this written on paper then transfered or do you just write what comes to your head?
    Janembo
    Janembo

Post by Janembo Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:21 pm

Epic...I like it DJD I trully like it...
    First few things to say.
    1:same like optymus Yales in bost b4.
    2:You have actionaly described DJD actionaly what every older brother whould have done...congratulations this is trully epic.
    3:Janembo(me:P)was described as total punk and lier witch goes one with a nother in life again congratulations,but only thing what I think will probably go later in storry that things aren't so black how they seem for me now,I think.
    4:Read PM I sent you please reply since I whould like to become good @ that tema also(so far secret for you guys^^but you will see what I meant)
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Post by DanceJonDance Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:11 am

Umm I try to come up with a story like at night before I go to bed, but I usually get distracted so I never get around to do it. It only works when I have time actually write stuff down on paper/computer. Usually I'll have like a plan set out for example the original thing to do in this chapter was basically expose Janembo and as I wrote on I started asking why hadn't DJD exposed him earlier then I think of their brotherhood bond and idk I just take it from there to come up with a whole chapter. It usually takes me an hour or two to write one. I kind of have the whole story already thought out, but as I write I start adding more details and stuff.
    CatGirl
    CatGirl

Female Posts : 762
    Speed Credits : 4303
    GMT : -8

Post by CatGirl Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:33 am

Well, you're an excellent writer DJD. Smile
    This drama reminds me of Law & Order. Yeah, you're story is that dramatic with the conflict! I really like that! ^^

@ Janembo: Epic's the word for it! Very Happy

Will be reading more! study *Sipping decaff vanilla coffee*

~ cat

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 8:13 am