Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

2 posters

Counters and Priority

Kalin Kessler
    Kalin Kessler

Male Posts : 101
    Speed Credits : 290

Counters and Priority Empty Counters and Priority

Post by Kalin Kessler Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:23 am

can you use solemn judgement on gorz?
    can brio prio BTH or solemn judgement?
    if i use mirror force, my opponent uses solemn judgement and i use counter coutner then he uses trap jammer and i finish with my solemn judgement what is the result?
    blackwing: kalul with prio vs honest?
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Counters and Priority Empty Re: Counters and Priority

Post by The Detonator Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:42 am

Q). Can you use Solemn Judgement on Gorz?
    A). No you cannot. Gorz the Emissary of Darkness is summoned by what we call an "effect Special Summon". It summons itself by the trigger and resolution of its own effect. Solemn Judgment cannot touch cards that are summoned by effects, only cards that summon themselves under conditions. Why? Cards that are summoned by effects are being summoned by an effect resolving, you cannot start a new chain by activating Solemn Judgment while another chain is trying to resolve. By the time the Summon is resolved by the effect, it is too late to activate Solemn Judgment and you miss the timing of the summon window.

Q). Can Brio prio BTH or Solemn Judgement?
    A). I'm not sure what you mean by this but ill assume you are referring to calling Priority. You can call Priority before your opponent activates Bottomless Trap Hole and both effects will resolve. However, you cannot call Priority if your opponent is going to activate Solemn Judgment. It activates and negates the summon during "the summon window", so Solemn Judgment hits Brionac before it even touches the field. Because of this property you cannot use the effect of Brionac.

Q). If i use Mirror Force, my opponent uses Solemn Judgment and i use Counter Coutner then he uses Trap Jammer and i finish with my Solemn Judgment what is the result?
    A).
    Chain Link 1: Mirror Force activated
    Chain Link 2: Solemn Judgment activated
    Chain Link 3: Counter Counter activated
    Chain Link 4: Trap Jammer activated
    Chain Link 5: Solemn Judgment activated
    ----Chain resolves backwards----
    Chain Link 5: Solemn Judgment resolves, Trap Jammer is negated.
    Chain Link 4: Trap Jammer does not resolve
    Chain Link 3: Counter Counter resolves, Solemn Judgment is negated.
    Chain Link 2: Solemn Judgment does not resolve
    Chain Link 1: Mirror Force resolves.

All costs for Solemn Judgment (paying half your life points) must still be paid.

Q). Blackwing: Kalut with prio vs Honest?
    A). I am assuming by prio you mean Kalut was used by the turn player, Honest was then chained.
    Chain Link 1: Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow activated.
    Chain Link 2: Honest activated.
    ----Chain resolves backwards----
    Chain Link 2: LIGHT monster battling gains the current ATK of the Blackwing monster.
    Chain Link 1: Blackwing monster now gains 1400 ATK.

I can't tell you the outcome because i do not know which monsters were used.

--The Detonator--

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:00 am