Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+15
Shada-Loo
Mino
BigBangMeteor
vem123
CaptainChrno
overd0se.KayKay
Crescent
Sil
catastor
Gothicmess
Tyann
Nhant
OptimusYale
Aludra
fouzman
19 posters

Wondering why KCVDS update so slow

fouzman
    fouzman

Male Posts : 19
    Speed Credits : 0

Wondering why KCVDS update so slow Empty Wondering why KCVDS update so slow

Post by fouzman Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:47 am

I really wonder why KCVDS cards update was really slow. There's a lot of good card, that release but haven't updated on KCVDS. KCVDS with this format, without these new cards was really different in real life. Bunch of card since Duelist Tin 2010 release isn't here yet. Play style and new top tier deck was absolutely different. I'll give some explanation about new cards that haven't updated yet.

Spoiler:

Starlight Road :
    This card, makes a huge different story in result of game. In my opinion, this is a totally broken card. If there's a card effect that effect is destroying at least 2 or more card you control, negates the effect and destroy it, Special Summon Stardust Dragon. So, Heavy Storm + Icarus + JD + Gyzarus effect is totally boomerang for opponent. It's really good card that makes a lot of people will think twice to heavy your backrow. It's just a fact that you maybe want to main this card 1 / max 2, since you doesn't really want to have 3 Stardust in your extra deck. You can still use the effect, even without Stardust in your extra deck, but it will be less deadly as having Stardust free Special Summon. But, since Stardust is not Synchro Summon properly, he won't come back to your side of field if he using his effect preventing card(s) being destroyed.
    My Rating : 9.5

Spoiler:
    XX-Saber Darksoul :
    This card makes X-Saber deck become Tier 1. If this card you control sent to graveyard, at End Phase, add X-Saber monster from your deck to your hand. With Faultroll loop effect, this card become a really good searcher for X-Saber. Being a lv 3 beast monster also makes Rescue Cat being able to special him together with Airbellum. Bring Hyunlei out, pop backrow, search Faultroll / other X-Saber at the end phase. Completely an important addition for X-Saber. This card is one of support card for X-Saber from The Shining Darkness and the most important for deck. I can see a lot of X-Saber's deck will topping a lot of big tourney with this format.
    My Rating : 9

Spoiler:

Infernities :
    New Tier 1 deck that has a power to OTK your enemy easily with a simple hand. But, how things work with this deck is require you to have NO cards in hand. This makes you do not have hand advantage "but" you easily aggro the field with so many monster / synchro in one turn. Pretty much this deck is broken if your enemy doesn't have stuff like D.D. Crow, Crevise or something to prevent things back from graveyard. But, since this deck require you to not having any cards in hand, you really need to think up carefully to begins your attacking move at the right time. I'll quickly explain briefly about this deck and I start with Infernity Archfiend.

Infernity Archfiend :
    This card is soul of the deck. When this card Summoned while having no cards in hand, you can search an "Infernity" card from your deck, add it to your hand. Simply you want to get infernity launcher to swarm / infernity barrier to protect your monster. Since you have 3 Infernity Launchers on deck, you can make a loop to synchro "at least" 3 times if you have Infernity Beetle or even better with Infernity Necromancer. You can keep searching Launcher for 3 times and use the effect, before you search for Barrier.
    My Rating : 8.5

Infernity Launcher :
    This card is totally makes the deck broken. This card have 2 effects, first you can discard Infernity monster from your hand to graveyard. This makes you can perform the combo, since most of infernity cards require you to have no cards in hand. The second effect is once you got no cards in hand, you can sent this card to graveyard, and bring back 2 Infernity monsters from your graveyard. You really want to bring back Infernity Archfiend from graveyard, so you can search another Launcher from your deck. You can bring back Necromancer too, and use his effect to bring back 1 Infernity monster from graveyard, which makes you got 3 Infernity monsters and ability to get another launcher, and of course perform a synchro with those 3 monsters.
    My Rating : 10 (Broken, and will be limited or semi-limited at least on September banned list)

Infernity Barrier :
    This card coming out on The Shining Darkness pack as Secret Rare and being the most expensive card for this pack. This card actually not as superior as Infernity Launcher, but the effect is pretty nice for Infernity deck support. While having no cards, if you control face-up Attack Position Infernity monster, you can negate effect of Spell, Trap, and Effect monster. You can say this is a extra Solemn for Infernities. Infernity Archfiend effect can search this card from deck, and protect you from any cards your opponent play. So, you can say at the moment, Infernity got 4 Solemn in deck.
    My Rating : 8.5

If you really want to know more about Infernity, you can find it out from Youtube, how easy to combo out and OTK your enemy. Simply because Launcher is broken, and 1 Launcher can make you synchro Mist Wurm to bounce back enemy cards, and go all out. But, the bad things about this deck is remember you don't have any cards in hand. You need to have exacly no cards. No hand control, and if you can't make your hand no cards in time, your enemy will gain control of the game. Inconsistent. But deadly. Side deck will hurts, because there's a lot of cards to counter the combo.

There's a lot more cards that makes KCVDS and real life game style become so different. I want to share more about new cards that haven't added to KCVDS, but I'm getting tired here.. XD
    Sorry for my lacking English, but I hope you understand it. (Me, for being so Asian) XD
    Hope you like this article. Peace out.
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Wondering why KCVDS update so slow Empty Re: Wondering why KCVDS update so slow

Post by Aludra Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:12 am

is it because seto is really busy watching and betting at World Cup Razz
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:52 am

infernities won't get hit in the banlist. My reasoning is that Konami are now trying to make the old tier 1's more accessable than before, meaning that they want something new to bring up the profits. Infernities are that new thing, incredibly hyped and actually quite good. They have quite a few flaws but Konami want to try and level the playing field between creativity and competitive gaming again!
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:04 am

If konami hits launcher or archfiend, then the deck is dead. It wouldn't be worth competitive play.
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:19 am

Once those cards are succesfully Unleashed / playable in this Kcvds, iam sure that many people will be change and built a deck like that ...... Newest MEta Deck are coming and i hate it...... It make someone become uncreative.....Though.....
    Iam sorry... but i think, there are any good side too.... the cards will become more and more.... and Kcvds will be a yugioh Online game that having MOST of cards in the world...Lol Very Happy
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:35 am

Yes infernities do have a good speed for special summoning, and thats it o.o

So, DD Crow, Oppression, chain disappearance, prohibition or even King tiger wil destroy it o.o
    fouzman
    fouzman

Male Posts : 19
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by fouzman Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:29 am

but infernity got like 70% win in first game, since we don't have side deck like crow, crevise, etc.. most likely they can swarm perfectly if they got a right hand.. (even without right hand, infernity can still easily make it easy)

I JUST WANT MY STARLIGHT ROAD!
    catastor
    catastor

Male Posts : 77
    Speed Credits : 464

Post by catastor Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:22 am

totally agree dude
    many good new cards aren't available yet
    Sil
    Sil

Male Posts : 93
    Speed Credits : 452

Post by Sil Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:14 pm

i think we would have all the cards already if he wouldnt work on it alone.
    He could just get some more ppl to work with him on it, but no....
    I dont get why ppl always want to do everything alone o0
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:29 pm

People do things alone, sometimes cause they don't trust others with the job. Sweet Article! Smile Also, it's funny, my friend and I were talking about this deck last night Razz He said it's ridiculously good IRL
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:17 am

The game misses Tuningware :/

Another thing is taking out some cards like that Parasite.I dont even know how to play that card in real life without cheating Very Happy
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:21 am

Sil wrote:i think we would have all the cards already if he wouldnt work on it alone.
    He could just get some more ppl to work with him on it, but no....
    I dont get why ppl always want to do everything alone o0

Because sharing a source code is a big thing that not everyone want to do that Wink Altho, current format in KCVDS is rather enjoyable if you ask me. Very balanced and decks that won the tournaments are vary Very Happy
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:47 am

Seto Kaiba, posted in KC , that he is working in updates. I doubt new cards, will be iin vds soon though.
    BigBangMeteor
    BigBangMeteor

Male Posts : 315
    Speed Credits : 327

Post by BigBangMeteor Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Crystal Beasts are almost unplayable at the moment in KCVDS. I'd say being able to put monsters in the spell/trap zone is important too.
    Mino
    Mino

Male Posts : 86
    Speed Credits : 578

Post by Mino Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:59 pm

overd0se.KayKay wrote:The game misses Tuningware :/

Another thing is taking out some cards like that Parasite.I dont even know how to play that card in real life without cheating Very Happy

Parasite can be used. It's effect reads :
    FLIP: Put this card face-up in your opponent's Deck and shuffle it. When your opponent draws this card, it is Special Summoned on your opponent's side of the field in face-up Defense Position and inflicts 1000 points of damage to your opponent's Life Points. Then all face-up monsters on your opponent's side of the field become Insect-Type as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:19 pm

How do you want to put that card 'FACE UP' into your 'OPPONENTS DECK'?xD
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:28 pm

uhm..simply put it O.o Razz
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:48 am

Thats a good question XD
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:50 am

The case in that situation would have to be to add one of your opponents trap or spells back into theyre deck, when they draw it it would be the "parasite card", easy o.o
    Shada-Loo
    Shada-Loo

Male Posts : 10
    Speed Credits : 1

Post by Shada-Loo Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:23 am

my guess would be that u would give the card to your opponent and tell them to shuffle it in their deck face-up....that's how they did it in the game boy advance yugioh game...

jus a guess though (or not)
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:04 am

Another solution would be to host some YVD tournaments, but most of you guys can't be bothered with it =\

@OY
    Infernities will definitely get hit. Maybe not as hard as they should, but they will be hit somewhere. My guess is a semi or limit on archfiend/launcher. Just because they wanna profit it doesn't mean they wanna kill the game

LS: JD was hit the format after its release
    BW: Gale and Dark Strike Fighter were hit the format after their release

The same can be said about other meta, but those are the two most recent examples.

My guess will be that this september Archfiend, and Launcher will get semi-limited. Darksoul, and Substitoad will get limited. Machinas seem to have died off.
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:27 am

DJD i do not have a problem to play with yvd, it is better, but i do not know how to connect with others O.o

I hope kcvds will update before the format changes :/ . If it doesn't i may quit using it!
    Shada-Loo
    Shada-Loo

Male Posts : 10
    Speed Credits : 1

Post by Shada-Loo Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:25 pm

DanceJonDance wrote:Another solution would be to host some YVD tournaments, but most of you guys can't be bothered with it =\

@OY
    Infernities will definitely get hit. Maybe not as hard as they should, but they will be hit somewhere. My guess is a semi or limit on archfiend/launcher. Just because they wanna profit it doesn't mean they wanna kill the game

LS: JD was hit the format after its release
    BW: Gale and Dark Strike Fighter were hit the format after their release

The same can be said about other meta, but those are the two most recent examples.

My guess will be that this september Archfiend, and Launcher will get semi-limited. Darksoul, and Substitoad will get limited. Machinas seem to have died off.

I agree DJD, we should start hosting tournaments in yvd cause they got the latest packs and everything.

Infernities are gonna get hit by the banlist, there's no doubt bout that. It should get hit to where you can't pull off that synchro loop so easy.

Although Machinas won a YCS tournament, they starting to die off cause of X-Saber, Infernities, GB's that are makin a comeback, and frognarchs/frogquickdraw/frog ftk. those decks are more popular if i may say that.
    Mushi - The Rebel
    Mushi - The Rebel

Male Posts : 21
    Speed Credits : 13

Post by Mushi - The Rebel Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:34 pm

Launcher WILL be hit, probaly Archfiend too. The reason is that in the OCG Infernities are one of the biggest things They Triple Trihsula, and win the game right away.

X-Sabers on the other hand are TCG exclusives most of it. Because of this They probaly won't get hit by the banlist. The only thing that might happen i Faultroll getting hit and Probaly Rescue Cat since its big in Fabled too.

LS didn't get hit until it won a major tournament, a thing which Infernities already have done. Infernities WILL get hit at september.
    Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:36 pm

And yet you insist on using lame KCVDS, while there is an awsome Program which is pure, simple, updated a day after the release, and contains all features: YVD

geez guys kcvds is so lame. The only bonus( if you can call that a bonus) is auto draw. The ther stuff simply sucks 0_o

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 7:00 am