Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+7
ALucard
Vongola-x
vem123
IversonSt3
OptimusYale
Pharmacist
DanceJonDance
11 posters

KCTAU World Cup: The Teams

Poll

when should the KCTAU world cup start?

[ 14 ]
    KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b1348%KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b15 [48%] 
    [ 3 ]
    KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b1310%KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b15 [10%] 
    [ 5 ]
    KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b1317%KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b15 [17%] 
    [ 7 ]
    KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b1324%KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Vote_b15 [24%] 

Total Votes: 29
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Empty KCTAU World Cup: The Teams

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:57 am

After one month of qualifying tournaments in three different academies the long awaited and first ever KCTAU world cup is set to begin in ten days. The first world cup will be hosted by Turbo Duel Academy and two other academies (Synchro Duel Academy, and Duel Genesis) Academy signed up to take part in this event where dueling, country, and academy pride is all on the line. Out of the thirty-two qualifiers there are thirteen different countries represented mainly because an outstanding 10 qualifiers--that's nearly 1/3 of the competition--are all Greek! Giving the country amazing odds to take the trophy home for the greeks. However, this competition is about more than just country pride, this competition will determine which of these three academies is housing the top duelists and each academy is hungry for the victory. TDA, the host academy, and DGA both have the upper hand with 11 representatives. Things don't look so good for SDA with only 10, but we shouldn't count them out because every single academy representative wants to win the competition for their home academies, and it'll be interesting to see who comes out on top.

Team TDA
    Turbo Duel Academy has to be the favorite to win this tournament given the fact that the academy is older, and bigger. With these two come lots of experience shared among members and over the past eleven months we have produced some of the best duelists I've ever faced. Duelists like Alucard, Overdoze.KayKay, KingMP94, Efane, and Giapostolo all have great chances of making it out of their groups. Duelists like OptimusYale, Colton, Myst, and Kalin Kessler have all struggled in the past, but they aren't qualifiers for no reason and they are definitely my favorites to beat their opponents. However, my two picks to dominate are The Detonator, and myself. The Detonator is an amazing duelist, and this isn't news to anyone, and I've got the experience needed to lead our academy to the promised land. I've won four TDA tournaments, I've won tournaments outside of the academy, I was the winner of the last World Cup style tournament, and I'm ready to repeat the task not just for me, and my country but for TDA.

Team SDA
    Two names: Svstar34, and Vem123. Vem123 has proven to be a worthy adversary in past TDA tournaments, and should not be taken lightly. Svstar34 is a veteran duelist that has made a name for himself in the KCVDS community; some people say he's great, others say he is not, but no matter the case there is a reason for why he's got people talking and is probably the biggest threat coming out of SDA. Then there is also Infamously_Fatal who has been topping several KC Live tournaments, but always seems to come up short one of those times was in the final of KC Live 52 where I defeated him to win the tournament. KC Live tournaments are very competitive and if someone to be steadily topping these tournaments then they should definitely not be underestimated. The rest of SDA's representatives are unknowns to me, but this doesn't mean that they should be underestimated. For all we know the biggest threats could be them.

Team DGA
    Team DGA is similar to team SDA when it comes to known players. There aren't many names that stand out of their team so I can't really give an opinion on them other than to not underestimate them. The big names that do stand out from DGA's team are Vongola-X, Tino the Sinner, and Scorpion67. Vongola-X is a top ranked duelist in TDA, and in TDA we pride ourselves in having one of the toughest academy tests meaning that if this guy made the top dorm then he is definitely good. He was even able to take out The Detonator and I in the same day in our current Tag Team Tournament. Tino the Sinner is another name that stands out to because he is the leader of GT a pretty well known KC team, and although they haven't been too successful they are still a pretty tough team to beat and tino should be no different. Lastly, we have Scorpion67 who is a member of DLK. Before some changes were made in the team scene DLK was conisdered to be one of the best teams to be a part of because they were full of great duelists, and Scorpion must've caught one of these duelists' attention to get invited into such a team. However, DLK is no longer considered the beast team due to roster changes, and their recent 7-3 loss to Lethal Edge where their only three wins came from Sam Tisdale, and the rest of their team lost. Should we take the less dominant DLK as a sign of Scorpion67 being a bad duelist? I guess our representative, KingMP94, his fellow team mate, will find out since these two are paired off in the same group.

This tournament should be very exciting because we will have the whole academy behind us waiting for us to come out on top (much like a country is behind their soccer team during the FIFA world cup) and it is up to our team of eleven duelists to not let them down!

Last edited by DanceJonDance on Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pharmacist
    Pharmacist

Male Posts : 332
    Speed Credits : 998

KCTAU World Cup: The Teams Empty Re: KCTAU World Cup: The Teams

Post by Pharmacist Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:11 am

i want this to start already and i didnt know i was unknown Neutral im goin for TDA but represent SDA so i cant/wont let them down, hopefully can i win onto the next stage and the chances of winning the next one are low but at least ill get a chance to move on ;D
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:27 am

Looking forward to it...should be a good one Smile Hopefully I can pwn through this tournament and re-establish my name after my horror showing in the last world cup. I know Iverson is a member here too, so I wish him luck in the group stages. Is there an hamachi we have to join?
    IversonSt3
    IversonSt3

Male Posts : 291
    Speed Credits : 1646

Post by IversonSt3 Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:34 am

OptimusYale wrote:I know Iverson is a member here too, so I wish him luck in the group stages.

Thanks OptimusYale! Good Luck to you, too! Smile

@ DanceJonDance: You have forgot Fallen King! DGA's Admin/Top Dormed. Also, GT's Leader and a Very Potentialed duelist. Wink
    Moreover, SDA got lotz of talented duelists that you don't know. The most of them were on holidays and so they are NOT qualifiers! (redgar/terraplant/aris samaras) Blaze and Stef are very good duelists so might gonna make it to the TOP 16 at least. Wink The Bad thing is that Me and Stef are in the Same Group and this is NOT very good, cause we have to Pass both! Neutral

Last edited by IversonSt3 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:39 am

If am considered as one of SDA's main threats, then SDA loses one big threat xD .I won't even know what happens in the world cup Sad . Let's hope i will find internet when i go on holidays x]
    Advice from me : Look out for Stef and Blaze Wink . They are experienced and can equally face people like Det or efane. Also you are lucky aris samaras is away on hlidays
    'till september. He was 5th place at Greek Nationals and came 80th in European scoring 4-4 .

About DGA , the leader of GT is now Fallen King, not Tino. Fallen is a really good player, and deserves to has its name in the article above. If someone from SDA doesn't win this, i hope someone from DGA does.Especially Fallen King because he is greek! DGA is our bro academy <3.

TDA... You are the best academy in KCTAU. Everyone wants to prove they are better than you. So i do not want you guys to win this. I wish you good luck though, especially to the Greek Participants

Good luck everyone. I hope this will last more than september 3rd so that i can support the ones who reached the quarter finals or even further than them.

Let this exciting event begin Very Happy

DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:44 am

a lot of people are pushing for this to start early and some to start it later |: not sure what to do so i opened a poll
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:54 am

If this cannot be postponed till September, then start it now :/ . The thing was that in the last month of summer the most people go on holidays. If we have to postpone this for a later day in summer, then better not postpone it at all. The results will be exact the same :/ .
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Male Posts : 130
    Speed Credits : 1508

Post by Vongola-x Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:13 pm

DGA members are on holiday or can't get a pc right now so later would be better Sad
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:44 pm

I would suggest start it now, and keep it for a month or so Wink . This way everyone should be able to do his duels!
    ALucard
    ALucard

Male Posts : 133
    Speed Credits : 11

Post by ALucard Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:30 pm

I'm sure the final result of this tourney will surprise everyone.
    A question why there are so many greeks? xP
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Greeks are pros
    Myst
    Myst

Male Posts : 148
    Speed Credits : 514

Post by Myst Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:58 pm

The sooner it begins the better it will be... in one month my 2nd semester begins and i already owe some subjects from the first...hope u understand xD
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:31 pm

of course the sooner is better

and give your best, vongola !!!
    Giapostolo
    Giapostolo

Male Posts : 39
    Speed Credits : 629

Post by Giapostolo Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:05 pm

vem123 wrote:Greeks are pros

True...True
    XD
    IversonSt3
    IversonSt3

Male Posts : 291
    Speed Credits : 1646

Post by IversonSt3 Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:49 am

when should the KCTAU world cup start?
    Aug 6 ~~~~60%
    Aug 7 ~~~~10%
    Aug 10 ~~ 10%
    Aug 15 ~~ 20%

cheers Let the Tournament Begin! cheers
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

Post by Yuri Bakura Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:35 am

today is august 6 xD GOGOGO START THE MATCH !!!
    BigBangMeteor
    BigBangMeteor

Male Posts : 315
    Speed Credits : 327

Post by BigBangMeteor Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:01 pm

I'm cheering for Scorpion. He's the only Canadian to qualify. TDA guys after that, I suppose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:07 am