Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters

SabreW
    SabreW

Male Posts : 35
    Speed Credits : 207

Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters Empty Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters

Post by SabreW Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:00 pm

I've had some trouble in the past about this particular topic, and have gotten in trouble many a times for it. So I've done my homework on the subject., Seeing that nobody else hasn't posted this article up yet, for those that don't know about it, I thought I'd explain the difference and functions of Nomi and Semi-Nomi monsters. I just hope I do a good job of it.

NOMI Monsters:

"Nomi" is a special term that refers to some monsters. If a monster is a "Nomi monster", then it means that the monster cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. It can neither be Special Summoned except by fulfilling a special requirement. You can identify a Nomi monster because it will have the following text:

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by..."

It is also to be noted that the Special Summoning of these cards can only be done while the card in question is in the owner's hand unless stated otherwise in card text.

Examples of Nomi monsters include:

Dark Armed Dragon
    Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters DarkArmedDragonPTDN-EN-ScR-1E

and all Elemental Hero Fusion monsters, including everyone's favorite hero:
    Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters ElementalHeroAbsoluteZeroYG04-EN-UR

Though one of the things that I had problems with in the past was specially summoning Nomi monsters from the Graveyard, especially the LV monsters. One of the card they have for doing that is Level Modulation.

Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters LevelModulationDR04-EN-C-UE

An "LV" monster that normally couldn't be Special Summoned except by the method in its text CANNOT be Special Summoned from the Graveyard with "Level Modulation" unless it has been previously Special Summoned by the correct procedure. The "ignore the Summoning conditions" text allows for these monsters to be Special Summoned only after they have been properly Summoned by their own effect.

Now let's take a look at Semi-Nomi monsters.

SEMI-NOMI Monsters:

Semi-Nomi Monsters (also known as Special Summon-only monsters) are monsters with the text

"This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can only be Special Summoned...".

If a monster is a Special Summon only monster, then it means it must be Special Summoned by its listed effect before it can be Special Summoned by another effect. An example of Semi-Nomi monsters is:

Chaos Sorcerer
    Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters ChaosSorcererTU02-EN-UR-UE

After a Special Summon only monster has been Special Summoned properly, it can be Special Summoned through other effects. This only lasts as long as the monster does not return to the Hand or Deck. As long as the monster remains on the field, in the Graveyard, or removed from play, you can Special Summon it again with other card effects.

For an example, let's look at Dark Necrofear:

Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters DarkNecrofearCP05-EN-R-UE

* A player removes from play three Fiends to Special Summon "Dark Necrofear". If it is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, it can be revived (such as by "Monster Reborn").

* If, afterwards, it is removed from play by "Dark Core", you can still Special Summon it (such as by "Dimensional Inversion").

* If after all this, "Dark Necrofear" is returned to the deck or hand (such as by "Phoenix Wing Wind Blast" or "Compulsory Evacuation Device"), then you must remove three Fiends to Special Summon "Dark Necrofear"'s again. You cannot Special Summon it from the hand or deck by other cards, such as "Monster Gate" or "Doom Shaman".

* If it is later removed from play or sent to the Graveyard (such as by "Graceful Charity"), it still cannot be Special Summoned.

Note that Fusion Monsters, Ritual Monsters and Synchro Monsters are treated as Semi-Nomi monsters, unless stated otherwise. Also unless stated otherwise, Fusion Monsters are properly Special Summoned by a Fusion Summon, Ritual Monsters by a Ritual Summon, and Synchro Monsters by a Synchro Summon.

I hope I explained it good enough to make the higher-ups happy. If not, I can go back and make the necessary changes.
    Lucci
    Lucci

Male Posts : 437
    Speed Credits : 1272

Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters Empty Re: Nomi/Semi-Nomi Monsters

Post by Lucci Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:51 pm

This was a great article! I myself had no idea about semi-nomi/nomi monsters until a few weeks ago, and this article only confirms I was reading the right stuff! Good job!
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:08 pm

yea, same as Lucci, my myself have just know the Nomi and semi Nomi monsters when i got tested by Captain Chrono and entering this academy...lol xD
    this article will remain me again.....Nice Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:09 am