Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

5 posters

Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times

Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Male Posts : 618
    Speed Credits : 4320

Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times Empty Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times

Post by Supreme_King Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 am

This is one of the most flexible decks I've met in today's meta. Usually, drawing from a deck that has over 30 cards is not a very good thing, but this deck turns that disadvantage into a very overpowering advantage. The Gladiator Beasts are a very effective toolbox deck, combined with aggro and control tactics, therefore annihilating everything in the instant they are given the chance.

Gladiator Beast Monsters:
    Spoiler:

That's it for the GB monsters. Now here comes the support:

Spoiler:

That's about it. Oh, and as a side note, here are some viable GB support cards that aren't in the archetype:
    Spoiler:

This is my article about Gladiator Beasts, the former #2 ranked deck, that now has fallen behind those cheap LS and Zombies. Can't wait for the banlist to hit these decks, so that the mighty Gladiators might rise to battle it all out once again on the grandest stage of them all: The Shonen Jump Top 16.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times Empty Re: Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times

Post by Nhant Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:46 am

Very nice article Supreme. I've had my share of encounters with GBs and i have to say that they are tough when used right. I would advise people to not use Zombies against this because I lost miserably when i did, due Retiari removing all my monsters... The one that gave me a huge problem was Heraklinos. He is probably the ace card of the whole deck. Gladiator Beasts have a nice balance of being aggressive and defensive and can control the field easily. I can definitely see them making a come back once the top metas get nuked by the ban list.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times Empty Re: Gladiator Beasts, Rulers of today from Ancient Roman Times

Post by Supreme_King Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:49 am

Indeed they will, but Nhant, you are wrong a little. Heraklinos isn't the one doing the hard work, he is in a relationship with the duelist like Yusei was with Stardust:keep him for special occasions, to finish the job. Gyzarus is the one doing the hard work. That comes from own experience with and against GB's.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:22 am

I think Gladiator Beast decks are the most underused underated cards today.

I have a Gladiator Beast deck in one of my slots on KCVDS and it hasn't lost yet (no jokes although i only built it yesterday...).

The only main problem that they have is Oppression, something you can garentee your opponent will use, seeming as they all rely on Special Summoning for their effects. Cards such as Royal Decree, Trap Stun and even Dust Tornado can overcome this problem however, so Gladiator Beasts need access to these cards readily and ONLY use them for an Oppression!

Apart from that they are quite bestly o.o

Nice article Very Happy

--The Detonator--
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:25 am

Detonator, Oppression is mainly the reason I said Halberd fits in the deck. You see an Oppression? Fine. If you have a Special Summoned Samnite, even better, Halberd is easier to get that way. Of course they are underrated and underused. Would you use a deck that requires a big amount of strategy instead of a deck that gives you a straight path to victory? But once the banlist hits again, GB's will rise, I see that coming.

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 pm

I created a new deck for DJD days ago. A Harpie Gladi simorgh Deck Very Happy. Why Gladi ? Some of them are winged beast (nice icarus and swallow nest tribute) but the only reason why i play them is octavius x)). Yes it is a bad Gladi Very Happy:D but used with swallow nest (octavius is winged beast ;Very Happy) you can take out Dark Simorgh ;D
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:53 pm

Yeah, true, that's why Icarus Attack can become a nice tech in GB decks, they have quite enough fodder for it, not to mention using Bestiari for Icarus, then using Test Tiger to take out a Darius, bring Bestiari, then get Gyzarus is a very sexy combo Wink

~~~Supreme_King~~~
    DanceJonDance
    DanceJonDance

Male Posts : 1160
    Speed Credits : 3876

Post by DanceJonDance Thu Feb 11, 2010 8:25 am

I honestly don't see gladiators making a come back. Even if the banlist hits lightsworns, and zombies hard they won't be out of the picture. The banlist will only encourage pure LS users to turn their decks into Twilight decks, chaos sorcerer and DAD will do just fine replacing the fallen JD. Zombies have an insane amount of support from when they first came out, and the ban list will most likely try to slow them down, but there is no way that they will be out, and Gladiator Beasts won't be able to defeat Twilight, and Zombies because they are just too slow.

The game pace right now is just way too fast for gladiator beasts to keep up, especially since pure GBS have no synchro support unless you're running a kitty, and with that at one well they won't be too much of a threat. Even blackwings will still be able to run over gladiator beasts. Vayu is looking to be limited, and whirlwind might be semi'd, but even with those hits they will still be muuch faster than gladiator beasts.

Everyone knows that Mirror of Oaths completely messes up GBs, and this card can be found in almost any side deck. All it takes is this card t ruin gladiators. You can say you'll run royal decree to avoid this scenario, but fact of the matter is that GBs rely heavily on trap cards because they are all weak monsters, and really have no way of protecting themselves.

Gladiator beasts were the last great deck after six sam to hit Yu-Gi-Oh before the 5D's era, but that time is over and done. The game pace is too fast for GBs to keep up, and they won't be making a come back unless they get some support in the future, which is highly unlikely. This is just how it is in yugioh, three years from now blackwings, lightsworns, and zombies are going to be getting owned by Kuriboh Dark Synchro Sin monsters or some crazy cards that Konami will cook up. If cards that are old like GBs were always competitive, we'd all still be running E-hero fusion, and monarch decks, but then Konami would be out of business.
    Supreme_King
    Supreme_King

Post by Supreme_King Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:08 pm

True DJD, so true, and to be honest, I'm sad GB's don't come back. They are a heck of fun to run, I loved my GB's, the problem is the competition is too hard Sad

~~~Supreme_King~~~

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:28 pm