Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
Gothicmess
Mino
6 posters

Timing Question

Mino
    Mino

Male Posts : 86
    Speed Credits : 578

Timing Question Empty Timing Question

Post by Mino Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Here is Nitro Warrior:
    Spoiler:
    So.. I was dueling and my Opponent had Nitro Warrior. It's his turn. I had a monster in ATK Position, and a monster in DEF position and a facedown Return from a Different Dimension and 2 Cyber Valleys in my RFP zone. He attacks my ATK position monster, destroys it, then I activate Return, bringing back the Valleys. In this case, does Nitro Warrior miss timing for his second effect or not?
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Timing Question Empty Re: Timing Question

Post by Gothicmess Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Considering that Nitro warriors second effect activates on the field and not in the grave.

And firstly, when did you activate Return from DD? at second attack declaration, and the moment the monsters go to the grave by the first attack?

You cant activate Return until after the DMG step or at attack declaration.

In this case, Nitro warrior will look for another monster in which to activate it's second effect on, a target, since before the DMG step is concluded there is not target, it's effect will disappear.

Again, this is just based on standar ruling and card text, you would have to check or Netrep the specific ruling
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm

No it doesn't miss the timing because it activates in the DMG step and he had the choice to activate it so you could not chain your RFTDD to it. Since there were no targets for his Nitro's eff he didn't activate at all.
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:31 am

First of all, you can't activate RftDD in the dmg step like that.
    Even if you did, Nitro Warrior will never miss the timing, because his effect is worded "if...you can...".
    There's a very good tutorial from Deto in the sticky topics found here: https://turboduelacademy.forumotion.com/question-room-f1/missing-the-timing-expert-gameplay-t658.htm
    Nhant wrote:Since there were no targets for his Nitro's eff he didn't activate at all.
    Actually there was a target: his Def position monster that was there before.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:04 pm

You can't active Spells/Traps with Spell Speed 2 or lower in the Damage step. This means only Dinivne Wrath could counter his effect.
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Post by Gothicmess Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:09 pm

Koa ki meiru Guardian can also activate it's effect, since he is considered a Quick effect monster.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:20 pm

If you are satisfied with the responses Mino i will lock this.

Like everybody said before me, Nitro Warrior's effect activates during the Damage Step when it destroys a monster and send it to the Graveyard (this is the Damage Step), you cannot activate Return From the Different Dimension at this stage because Spell Speed 2 cards cannot be activated in the Damage Step.

Basically, you are going to need to wait for Nitro Warrior to resolve and the Damage Step to end, then you will be able to activate Return From the Different Dimension.

Also card effects with "if... you can..." can never Miss the Timing. Why? Because "When... you can..." effects need a choice made immidiantly, "when" that particular action is performed, so if something is still trying to resolve you miss your chance to make a choice. "If... you can..." effects do not need you to make an immidiate choice because "if" something happened refers to a "past tense" action performed, so you may wait for a card effect to resolve and make your choice after its resolution.

--The Detonator--
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Gothicmess wrote:Koa ki meiru Guardian can also activate it's effect, since he is considered a Quick effect monster.

Alot of Monsters can negate him like DCK and Buster Dragon.
    Mino
    Mino

Male Posts : 86
    Speed Credits : 578

Post by Mino Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:32 pm

Ty everyone for the answers. Det, you can go ahead and lock this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:24 pm