Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+8
Aludra
the jancok
Adnrw
Flodian
Jaden Yuki
CaptainChrno
BERKAY
Gothicmess
12 posters

Dueling habits

Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Dueling habits Empty Dueling habits

Post by Gothicmess Fri May 07, 2010 6:01 pm

I decided to make an article this time about proper dueling habits to be aware of at all moments, this can also go unseen by some top ranks so I've compiled a list for it to be edited later on, aside from making a name for ourselves as a great duel tier 1 academy, I'd also like this academy to be known for it's great dueling habits "common courtesy"

While starting the duel

Greet your opponent with a friendly comment, smiley, or cheer: "Good luck", or simple :] can make the game that much pleasant.

Don't enter a duel with: "Test deck", "New deck", this will just outlook you as suffering from inferiority complex, so this is a no no.

While dueling

If the game lags and you are unaware off, ask your opponent instead of repeating your previous action "attack", "negate".

If you have experience with events that lag the game such as: adding a card to hand, summoning from the grave, be so kind to call out your next move so your opponent can have a chance to inform you if its laging.

When making a move and your opponent has a back row card and your planing a big move that can be interrupted if a card is negated, please ask for a chain before continuing (Applied to rouge duelists not every day duel buddies)

Make it a habit to shuffle your deck and set cards when returning cards to your hand or deck to avoid miss interpretation.

Respect your opponents right to challenge a ruling, but provide your own 2 cents by offering a link if possible, some duelists just don't understand reason.

Be aware and take DMG from your opponents monsters according to his order of attack, most people like to attack with the lowest to highest attack monster first to avoid Gorz confrontation.

If a match.

Please use your designated side deck, otherwise theres no use for it and you wont get better at building a generic side deck.

If you won the first duel, ask if your opponent wants to go first next round.

Dont judge an opponents move if it seams "noob", maybe theres some skilled reason behind it or hes just starting out, either way it's not smart to judge.

Anyway, more points will be added in the day,
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Dueling habits Empty Re: Dueling habits

Post by BERKAY Fri May 07, 2010 6:46 pm

dont forget "chain" xD
    also when we used BTH aginist Caius or something like that, oppenents say that caius still apllies -.- dude we know !!!!!! xD
    CaptainChrno
    CaptainChrno

Male Posts : 179
    Speed Credits : 2359

Post by CaptainChrno Fri May 07, 2010 6:52 pm

@BERKAY
    It's just to avoid conflict since not all of us know Wink It's usually only asked once in a duel anyway^^

I also want to add that if your opponent uses an effect that targets (ex: Caius), then ask for the target first before chaining anything. It's mostly to avoid mis-play tho.
    Jaden Yuki
    Jaden Yuki

Male Posts : 131
    Speed Credits : 1315

Post by Jaden Yuki Fri May 07, 2010 9:38 pm

I almost always follow all of these except The Ask if my opponent has a chain. O.o mainly because i forget or because i am simply to fast in some plays XD.
    Flodian
    Flodian

Male Posts : 648
    Speed Credits : 6588

Post by Flodian Fri May 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh damn... does it count as inferiority complex if I'm scared of only 1 person? xD
    Great article Goth.
    Adnrw
    Adnrw

Male Posts : 63
    Speed Credits : 584

Post by Adnrw Fri May 07, 2010 11:32 pm

This is a very good article.
    I usually forget to ask for chain.
    But that's 'cause I play in irl more.
    So they have faster reactions.

Also.
    I thought this thread was about what habits you have during a duel.
    e.g. Shuffle your hand all the time, Play with your deck and graveyard the wrong way around (or tilting them.)
    I think we should have one of them threads as well. c;
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

Post by the jancok Sat May 08, 2010 2:09 am

Hehe... that's great article gothic Very Happy . keep it up!.
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Post by Aludra Sun May 23, 2010 5:28 am

Good article Goth ^^
    Its very good for someone that new at KCVDS,
    This article Will Help me a lot when I'm new back then xD
    Good job, this article is essential Smile
    Lucas clay
    Lucas clay

Male Posts : 7
    Speed Credits : 200

Post by Lucas clay Sun May 23, 2010 5:47 am

i'ts very educational article for noob like me Very Happy
    GaFF
    GaFF

Male Posts : 12
    Speed Credits : 157

Post by GaFF Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 am

Adnrw wrote:This is a very good article.
    I usually forget to ask for chain.
    But that's 'cause I play in irl more.
    So they have faster reactions.

Also.
    I thought this thread was about what habits you have during a duel.
    e.g. Shuffle your hand all the time, Play with your deck and graveyard the wrong way around (or tilting them.)
    I think we should have one of them threads as well. c;

That's what I thought, and I agree with your response to the thread, as it applies to me as well. I normally tend to click cards a lot to make sure it's not lagging so I'll holler and say that it is, if it is.

As with the irl habits I think a lot of the experienced or people around experienced duelists tend to play with their hand and graveyard a lot. Also the deck and graveyard swap makes it easier to access graveyard and easier for your opponent to cut your cards after searching or shuffling etc. I normally have my deck horizontal or slightly tilted and especially with my new DandyWarrior deck, I tend to search through the grave constantly, making sure stuff is there.

Another one to add is making sure what you set is still set. Flicking up facedowns and then backdown again is something I do and see a bit.

/rant

Very Happy
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Sun May 23, 2010 12:18 pm

One month back i was forgetting to shuffle and didn't not ask for a chain but now i do them all!! I do not ask for a chain i just wait for 5 secs to check if there is response!
    xcross21
    xcross21

Male Posts : 416
    Speed Credits : 518

Post by xcross21 Sun May 23, 2010 5:18 pm

Yay an article to prevent myself from looking like a noob although thatll still be hard with me x] great article gothic hope to see more

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:02 pm