Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

4 posters

Token Question

HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Token Question Empty Token Question

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 am

Well, so we know that token can't be faced-down so they cannot be targeted by book of moon.

and so i have a thought question(at least for me) when i play with nightmare archfiend token, and my opponent activates book of eclipse
    wat'll happen then?

is it destroyed and i take 800*the number of nightmare archfiend token?
    is it just disappear without traces? <-(this is the choice me and my opponent made,because this is the netral one Razz)
    is it an illegal play?

and then,
    can i use token for a fusion summon? for example: cloudian-token and e-hero for absolute zero?

thx, for the answer Very Happy

out of place question:
    IINW, Deto once said, when an effect negates a part of another effect, the rest can still be done just like usual,
    can someone give explanation, why "disturbance strategy" can't be used when i control "protector of the sanctuary".
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Token Question Empty Re: Token Question

Post by The Detonator Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 am

As we know, Token Monsters are unaffected by effects which flip them face-down. Book of Eclipse will not affect the tokens in anyway and flip all other monsters face-down. If you only control token monsters then no cards will be affected. It is not an illegal play since their are targets on the field for the card effect, but they are just unaffected so it is able to be activated, just nothing will happen. (This is like activating Mirror Force while Elemental Hero Wildheart is the only monster on the field).

Token monsters can be used for a Fusion Summon. Fusion Summoning by using Polymerisation or Miracle Fusion do not involve costs, and as we know, the only restriction tokens have is that they cannot be used as costs for cards that require them to be in specific place on the field when the cost is played. (For example "tribute 1 monster to the Graveyard" vs "tribute 1 monster"). Since Fusion Summoning involves no costs tokens are legal targets as Fusion Material Monsters.

With the Protector of the Sanctuary card, its effect does not negate card effects, it simply changes the game state. By not allowing your opponent to draw by a card effect you have placed a restriction condition on your opponent. This is different to negating parts of a card after activation, instead, you are applying restrictions on cards before activation. If a cards entire effect cannot be fulfilled because of conditions on the field, then it cannot be activated, this would be illegal gameplay.

--The Detonator--

Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Post by Ruby Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 am

You can use tokens with almost ALL purposes unless the token summoner card says the opposite. What you cant do is send them to grave, and fd them. The first one is really important as you cant summon Tuatalin when 2 dandyRAWR token gets destroyed in bp. İt kinda sucks but thats the game mechanic, sorry
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:30 am

Question answered, topic locked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content