Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
Vongola-x
Yuri Bakura
6 posters

ton of question

Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

ton of question Empty ton of question

Post by Yuri Bakura Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:44 pm

if macro cosmo or d.fissure is face up on the field, i cannot activate any card that have the cost of "send to grave" but i can activate card that has the effect of "send to grave" right ?

future fusion effect "send .... to grave" is cost or part of the effect ?

dragon mirror "remove from play" is cost or part of the effect ?

i special summon battle fader during battle phase, and my opponent use brionac effect during main phase 2, return my battle fader, what wil happen ?

LaDD can negate the summon of Valdagon right ?

can ladd negate battle fader summon ?
    Vongola-x
    Vongola-x

Male Posts : 130
    Speed Credits : 1508

ton of question Empty Re: ton of question

Post by Vongola-x Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:06 pm

1. You cannot activate any card with the cost or effect that sends cards to grave while d. fissure is activated.

2. The sending is not a cost so if a MST is chained to the activation of FF you won't send any material monsters to the grave.

3. it is a cost, but I am not sure.

4. Fader will leave the field with brios eff so it will go to rfg.

5. What is Valdagon? xD

6. LaDD negates fader's sp summon and you can't special summon him again on the same attack.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:10 pm

vandalygon lol ~

and thx for ur answer ...
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:51 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:if macro cosmo or d.fissure is face up on the field, i cannot activate any card that have the cost of "send to grave" but i can activate card that has the effect of "send to grave" right ?

Correct, effects that send cards to the Graveyard resolve normally. Cards like Ryko, which has the effect to send 3 cards from the top of your Deck to the Graveyard will resolve normally and instead the cards will be removed from play. Celestia on the hand, must send as a cost from the top of the Deck to destroy, which cannot be paid since they will be removed from play, and cannot activate her effect.

Yuri Bakura wrote:future fusion effect "send .... to grave" is cost or part of the effect ?

Sending Fusion Monsters to the Graveyard is an effect. It is not a cost to do something.

Yuri Bakura wrote:dragon mirror "remove from play" is cost or part of the effect ?

Once again this is an effect. Because the sentence is joined by the word "and" it means that you remove from play monsters and special summon at the same time. There is no cost if everything is happening at the same time.

Yuri Bakura wrote:i special summon battle fader during battle phase, and my opponent use brionac effect during main phase 2, return my battle fader, what wil happen ?

Because Battle Fader is being removed from the field, its effect to remove itself from play will resolve immediately. Battle Fader will be removed from play.

Yuri Bakura wrote:LaDD can negate the summon of Valdagon right ?

The Summon is not negated, just his effect. Van'Dagyon will stay in the hand where his effect was activated and negated by Light and Darkness Dragon.

Yuri Bakura wrote:can ladd negate battle fader summon ?

You are not negating the summon, just the effect to summon. Battle Fader will be negated in your opponents hand and stay in the hand.

Last edited by The Detonator on Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:57 pm

*quickly memorize everything*

xD thx for the knowledge again xD I feel smarter than before right now but ur 1st answer and vongola 1st answer is different >.< any thing that can make sure the answer so there wont be any problem during official war or tournament

FinasLionheart
    FinasLionheart

Male Posts : 50
    Speed Credits : 45

Post by FinasLionheart Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:32 pm

xD thx for the knowledge again xD I feel smarter than before right now but ur 1st answer and vongola 1st answer is different >.< any thing that can make sure the answer so there wont be any problem during official war or tournament
    You can refer to Hand Destruction Card Ruling
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:05 am

I think any effect that would send card to graveyard can be activated even though D.Fissure is still active because D.Fisure isn't preventing any card to be sent to graveyard it just changing the "path". unlike Imperial Iron Wall which preventing any card to be sent to RFG, any effect or cost that would sending card to RFG wouldn't be activate-able if IIW is active.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:50 am

Just to clear up the confusion of the first question you asked:

Sending to the Graveyard as a cost:
    Card effects that require cards to be sent to the Graveyard as a cost cannot be activated while Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure is activated. The reason for this is because a cost is a condition required in order to activate an effect. If Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure is removing cards sent to the Graveyard from play it is impossible to actually send a card to the Graveyard, you are instead sending a card to the Removed From Play zone. Because of this, you can never actually fulfill the condition of sending a card to the Graveyard. When the condition, or cost, cannot be fulfilled, the effect of the card cannot be activated.

Sending to the Graveyard as an effect:
    When a card send a card to the Graveyard as an effect while Macro Cosmos is on the field, that card is instead removed from play. When a card resolves which causes other cards to be sent to the Graveyard, the destination zone is the Graveyard, all Macro Cosmos does is change the destination to the RFG zone. These effects will resolve normally with the changed destination applied.

Examples: (Player B controls Dimensional Fissure in both examples)

Situation 1:
    Player A Tribute Summons Celestia, Lightsworn Angel by tributing 1 Lightsworn monster.
    -- Dimensional Fissure forbids monster cards being sent to the Graveyard, because of this, even though you may not mill all monsters, it is illegal to try to activate Celestia's effect--

Situation 2:
    Player A Flip Summons Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter and selects a monster on the field as a target.
    Chain Link 1: Ryko
    --- Chain resolves backwards ---
    Chain Link 1: the monster is destroyed. Ryko sends the top 3 cards from the Deck to the Graveyard. 2 monsters are removed from play and 1 Spell/Trap is sent to the Graveyard.

Hope this helps.
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:52 am

Alright, thanks to Det's vast knowledge, i'm certain all questions were answered, therefore, topic locked Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:11 pm