Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+3
BigBangMeteor
Ruby
vem123
7 posters

Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase

vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase Empty Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase

Post by vem123 Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:07 pm

Answer this please because some guys will drive me crazy -.- /

Player A activates Forbidden chalice on a lightsworn monster of Player B( let's say luimna)
    Player B ends his turn.

Does player B get to mill during the end phase or not ?

Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase Empty Re: Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:12 pm

You choose, similiar to the brain control ocasion
    BigBangMeteor
    BigBangMeteor

Male Posts : 315
    Speed Credits : 327

Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase Empty Re: Forbidden Chalice vs Effects that activate in the End Phase

Post by BigBangMeteor Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:18 pm

I don't know; I've been wondering about this for a while, albeit with the Majestic Mechs/Koa'ki Meirus, rather than the Lightsworns.
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

@Ruby. That's what i was thinking about. Smile but if someone can explain it further or add something i would appereciate it .
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:48 pm

When younenter the the end phase, you can choose to put things in the order you desire, therefore you can either first mill with your ls, then let brain control resolve OR you can let bcon resolve forst and not mill Wink Same goes fr destroying opponents koaki Wink
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:26 pm

Actually the Lightsworn monster is player B's while forbidden chalice was activated by Player A, but no difference i guess. I knew those already x] but thanks for confirming.
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Youre welcome, I'm grateful to help Smile
    Mushi - The Rebel
    Mushi - The Rebel

Male Posts : 21
    Speed Credits : 13

Post by Mushi - The Rebel Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:56 pm

Turn player gets priority, which means that he can choose to activate Lumina's effect to mill before chalice wears off, or after, One of the two.
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:38 pm

Yea, you chose their order
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:41 pm

What if i am not the turn player and activate my face-down chalice on my opponent's turn?
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Than they choose?
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:02 am

IMO in that case, the turn player get the priority to be the chain link 1, and his/her opponent chain link 2?
    so in ur case chain link 1 would be lumina, and chain link 2 is chalice. so your opponent does mill.
    CMIIW
    *running away*
    Goomoonryong

Male Posts : 16
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Goomoonryong Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:18 am

Ruby wrote:You choose, similiar to the brain control ocasion
    It's not the same player who has to resolve both effects.

BigBangMeteor wrote:I don't know; I've been wondering about this for a while, albeit with the Majestic Mechs/Koa'ki Meirus, rather than the Lightsworns.
    The Koa'ki Meirus effect to destroy itself in the endphase is a cost, not an effect, so it can't get negated by Forbidden Chalice.

vem123 wrote:What if i am not the turn player and activate my face-down chalice on my opponent's turn?
    When turn player (player B in this case) chooses to move to the endphase he has priority to resolve his lightsworn monster's effect. He can pass priority to the non-turn player who can choose to resolve his Forbidden Chalice. He can then pass priority back to turn player who is now forced to activate the effect on the lightsworn monster, which will be negated. Then priority goes back to non-turn player who is now forced to resolve Forbidden Chalice.

To summarize: The outcome depends on how well the players know their game mechanics.

The thing about you choosing which order is only when you are the one who has to resolve them both, such as you use it on your own lightsworn monster.
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator

Male Posts : 408
    Speed Credits : 742

Post by Crescent Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:32 am

Question Answered, Topic Locked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:32 pm