Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+2
BERKAY
firefsp
6 posters

Quick Play Spell Question

firefsp
    firefsp

Male Posts : 207
    Speed Credits : 906

Quick Play Spell Question Empty Quick Play Spell Question

Post by firefsp Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:30 pm

I need a confirmation in this guys, whether this can be done or not..
    it's about quick Play spells.. especially "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" and "Transcendent Wings"

Let's say that we have those 2 facedown (those two cards) ion the field,
    our opponent enters battle phase..
    my first question here is, can we activate "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" immediately after our opponent enters battle phase? or maybe should i wait for an attack?

ok, next when "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" resolves, since we want to use "Transcendent Wings", of course we special summon "Winged Kuriboh". Can we activate "Transcendent Wings" the moment "Winged Kuriboh" special summoned?

and last, when "Winged Kuriboh LV10" special summoned due to "Transcendent Wings" effect, can we immediately activate it's effect to destroy things?

help is appreciated

~thanks~

BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Quick Play Spell Question Empty Re: Quick Play Spell Question

Post by BERKAY Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:54 pm

firefsp wrote:can we activate "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" immediately after our opponent enters battle phase? or maybe should i wait for an attack?

Whenever you want. Think like this. If your oppenent attacks and you use Flute, your attack declaration is chain link 1. Your Flute is chain link 2. You will use chain link 2's effect and summon a monster. Then chain link 1 have to choose new attack target.

firefsp wrote:Can we activate "Transcendent Wings" the moment "Winged Kuriboh" special summoned?

If only Flute's efffect a cost effect which is summon Winged Kuribohi you can chain later cost. Anyways you can't chain to cards before cost effects. So you could use it. But Flute's effect is not cost. Sorry Smile

firefsp wrote:when "Winged Kuriboh LV10" special summoned due to "Transcendent Wings" effect, can we immediately activate it's effect to destroy things?

Of course you can. Priority is your right later Tracendent Wings.

I'm sorry if I'm wrong Smile If I'm not, glad to helped. Smile

Last edited by BERKAY on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:55 pm

Nice questions to test what i learned about the battle phase xD

You can activate flute of summoning kuriboh during the battle step ( when your opponent declares an attack) but you cannot chain Transcedent Wings because there is not a Winged Kuriboh on your side of the field yet. Transcedent Wings will resolve normally ( suppose your opponent doesn't have a response) and a ''Winged Kuriboh'' will be succesfully special summoned into your side of the field(Side Note : A battle replay will occur since the amount of monsters on the field has changed). Because in the battle step multiple chains can occur, you can activate Transcedent Wings, tributing Winged Kuriboh and Special Summon Winged Kuriboh Lv10.

Then your little cutie friend can wipe out your opponent's field leaving him pwned.

+1 rep ? xD

Hope this helped

Edit : @Berkay : Attack declaration doesn't start a chain link Wink and also the turn player has priority after he declares an attack. I do not try to pretend i know more or anything but i just pointed it out so that everyone will know the right rulings Wink

( if i am wrong then gimme -1 rep xD )
    Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Post by Ruby Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:41 pm

You can activate flute whenever you want (except dmg step) and you have to wait till chain resoves and kuribih comes before activating wings. But then multiple chains can occur so you can also activate wings after he's summoned Wink
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:42 pm

firefsp wrote:can we activate "Flute of Summoning Kuriboh" immediately after our opponent enters battle phase? or maybe should i wait for an attack?

Yes, as soon as your opponent enters the Battle Phase, if he doesn't activate something, priority is passed to you and you can activate your Flute before he even declares an attack. But like everyone said, you could also wait for an attack it is up to you. If you do wait for an attack to be made, a battle replay will occur since a monster on the field has changed and your opponent has the option to attack again.

firefsp wrote:Can we activate "Transcendent Wings" the moment "Winged Kuriboh" special summoned?

It is your opponents turn, so he has priority to activate a card first in response to your summon. If he does not, priority is shifted and then yes, you may use Transcendent Wings in response to the summon of your Winged Kuriboh during the Battle Phase.

firefsp wrote:when "Winged Kuriboh LV10" special summoned due to "Transcendent Wings" effect, can we immediately activate it's effect to destroy things?

Once again, because it is your opponents turn, he has priority to respond to the summon before you have a chance to activate the effect of Winged Kuriboh LV10. If your opponent does have a response, you must wait for the response before you can chain winged kuriboh LV 10's effect. But yes, either way, you can use Wigned Kuribohs effect before your opponent has the chance to end the Battle Phase.

--The Detonator--
    firefsp
    firefsp

Male Posts : 207
    Speed Credits : 906

Post by firefsp Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:15 am

thank you guys Razz this helped me a lot Very Happy
    Crescent
    Crescent
    Administrator
    Administrator