Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+9
overd0se.KayKay
HyawehHoshikawa
Goomoonryong
Mino
Glovenaut
Tyann
vem123
Ruby
The Detonator
13 posters

Quiz Week 7

The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Quiz Week 7 Empty Quiz Week 7

Post by The Detonator Tue Jul 27, 2010 1:38 pm

TDA Quiz Week 7:
    Theme: None (Free Week)

DO NOT POST ANSWERS IN THIS TOPIC, YOU WILL RECIEVE A WARNING IF YOU DO SO

Anybody may participate in this event. You may use online resources such as yugioh.wikia and your KCVDS to read card effects and help you answer the questions. All answer are to be set out in the following way and PM'd to me in the TDA PM system:

Here's how your answer sheet should look like
    Question 1: a
    Question 2: a
    Question 3: a
    etc. etc.

If you want to add any additional comments to the quiz feel free to do so as I will read each one and appreciate the feedback. You might want to include questions you liked, questions you didn't like, what other type of questions you would like to see on the quiz etc. By next week I will release the results and let you know who the winner(s) are for the week as well as give you detailed answers for each question. Good luck and hopefully this will continue to build yor Yu-Gi-Oh card knowledge.

The winner(s) will recieve 200 SC, each entrant will recieve 10 SC per correct answer.

Question 1:
    Belinda has a face-up Attack Position “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” and a Set Defense Position “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” on her side of the field. Her opponent Keith has a face-up “Royal Oppression” on his side of the Field. It is Belinda’s Main Phase 1 and she tells Keith that she would like to Special Summon her “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” from the Extra Deck. Which of the following is correct?

a). Belinda reveals her Set “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to Keith and returns both “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” and “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to the Deck. She reveals “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” Keith can activate “Royal Oppression,” negating the Special Summon of “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” is sent to the Graveyard and can later be Special Summoned from the Graveyard.

b). Belinda reveals her Set “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to Keith and returns both “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” and “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to the Deck. She reveals “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” Keith can activate “Royal Oppression,” negating the Special Summon of “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” remains in his Extra Deck.

c). Belinda reveals her Set “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to Keith and returns both “Gladiator Beast Bestiari” and “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” to the Deck. She reveals “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.” Keith cannot activate “Royal Oppression” as summoning a monster cannot be chained to.

d). Belinda cannot Special Summon “Gladiator Beast Gyzarus” because her “Gladiator Beast Hoplomus” is not face-up on the field.

e). None of the above.

Question 2:
    Greg has a face-up Attack Position “Flamvell Firedog” on his side of the field. Andy has a face-up Attack Position “Armageddon Knight” and a face-up “Dimensional Fissure” on his side of the field, along with a previously Set “Torrential Tribute.” Greg declares an attack with his “Flamvell Firedog,” destroying the “Armageddon Knight” as a result of battle. Which of the following is correct (assuming there are targets for Flamvell Firedog in the Deck)?

a). The effect of “Flamvell Firedog” activates, but the no monster can be Special Summoned.

b). The effect of “Flamvell Firedog” does not activate.

c). The effect of “Flamvell Firedog” activates, and Greg Special Summons a “Flamvell Magical”. Andy cannot activate “Torrential Tribute.”

d). The effect of “Flamvell Firedog” activates, and Greg Special Summons a “Flamvell Magical”. Andy can activate “Torrential Tribute,” destroying all the monsters on the field.

e). None of the above.

Question 3:
    Dave has a face-up Skill Drain on his side of the Field. Jerry has a face-up Attack Position Cyber Valley on his side of the field. Which effect can Dave activate and have it resolve properly?

a). When “Cyber Valley” is attacked by an opponent’s monster, you can remove it from play to draw 1 card and end the Battle Phase.

b). You can remove from play “Cyber Valley” and 1 face-up monster you control and draw 2 cards.

c). You can remove from play “Cyber Valley” and 1 card from your hand and place 1 card from your Graveyard on top of your Deck.

d). All of the above.

e). None of the above.

Question 4:
    Cybil controls a Elemental Hero Absolute Zero and Fred control a Goyo Guardian. Fred attacks Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero and it is destroyed by battle. Which of the following is correct?

a). Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is Chain Link 1 and Fred's Goyo Guardian is Chain Link 2. Goyo Guardian will resolve first and Special Summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero before Goyo Guardian is destroyed by Elemental Hero Absolute Zero's effect.

b). Fred's Goyo Guardian is Chain Link 1 and Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is Chain Link 2. Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero will resolve first and destroy Goyo Guardian, then Fred can Special Summon Elemental Hero Absolute Zero.

c). Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is Chain Link 1 and Fred's Goyo Guardian is Chain Link 2. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero will destory Goyo Guardian and will nt be Special Summoned to Fred's side of the field.

d). Fred's Goyo Guardian is Chain Link 1 and Cybil's Elemental Hero Absolute Zero is Chain Link 2. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero will destory Goyo Guardian and will nt be Special Summoned to Fred's side of the field.

e). None of the above.

Question 5: True or False?
    Dimensional Alchemist cannot activate its effect when destroyed by Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter's effect during the Damage Step.

Question 6: True or False?
    When Battle Fader is summoned to the field. Its effect to end the Battle Phase activates on the field.

Question 7: True or False?
    During the Standby Phase, when Drill Warrior tries to Special Summon itself to the field from the Removed From Play zone, it cannot be negated by Royal Oppression.

Question 8: True or False?
    When a monster is destroyed and removed from play it is always removed from play face-up unless the card specifies to remove it from play face down.

Question 9:
    Why is it legal to tribute a face-down Winged Beast monster for Icarus Attack, but it is not legal to destroy a face-down Reptile monster for Offerings to the Snake Deity?

--The Detonator--

Last edited by The Detonator on Thu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Ruby
    Ruby

Male Posts : 161
    Speed Credits : 244

Quiz Week 7 Empty Re: Quiz Week 7

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Some questions simply remind me of our duels Razz
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:11 pm

x] I was in a rush and you were most recently dueled so i thought ahhhh ok x]

Its only 2 of them i think Razz

--The Detonator--
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:20 pm

That's why they were too easy ? Razz

(If i score less than 7/9 gimme -1 rep eveyone xD )
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:30 pm

Is my PM have been sended?: Quiz Week 7 Icon_rolleyes
    but iam not sure about my answer, lol
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:33 pm

I only have doubt 'bout number 5. Other than that, expecting an ace!
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:23 am

I just came to notice my Inbox was full. If for some reason your answer sheet was not sent to me please resend

An easy way to tell if your answer sheet has not been sent is by checking your Outbox. If it is not there and it is in your sentbox instead it has been sent.

--The Detonator--
    Glovenaut
    Glovenaut

Male Posts : 67
    Speed Credits : 1266

Post by Glovenaut Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:51 am

I'm want to know the answers already!...Det get out from the grave (or removed from play 0_o)
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Fri Aug 06, 2010 10:07 pm

I appologise for my slowness in the answers. I've been super busy with University and working that i haven;t had much of a chance to get online at all. Once again, at work, so I'll post them tonight after my footy match. Sorry guys i know you are all waiting patiently.

--The Detonator--
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:03 pm

RESULTS:

Question 1:
    Correct answer: e

Response a).
    Most of this answer is correct except for the very last part. In order to Special Summon a monster like the Gladiator Beast Fusion monsters from the Graveyard you must first Special Summon them with their conditions successfully. Because Royal Oppression negates the Summon it becomes unsuccessful and makes Special Summoning it from the Graveyard impossible. Special Summon only monsters (monsters that say: "This card can only be Special Summoned by....") all follow the same rule.

Response b).
    Most of this is also correct but Gladiator Beast Gyzarus will be sent to the Graveyard not remain in the Extra Deck.

Response c).
    It is true that a monsters summon cannot be chained to, but the event of negating a Summon is not a chain to the Summon. It prevents the entire summon from taking place in what we call the Summon Negation Window. What is happening is a response to a Summon, not a chain.

Response d).
    Gladiator Beast Fusion Monsters can be Special Summoned by sending face-down monsters listed as material to the Extra Deck. In order to do this you simply reveal the monster to your opponent before sending it to your Deck for the Special Summon.

Response e).
    Correct.

Question 2:
    Correct answer: b

Response a).
    Flamvell Firedog requires it destroy a monster by battle and send it to the Graveyard in order to Special Summon a monster. Dimensional Fissure does not allow for this to take place because instead of going to the Graveyard, monsters are removed from play. By not fulfilling this condition, Flamvell Firedogs effect will not activate at all.

Response b).
    Correct

Response c).
    We already know the the effect will not activate. Torrential Tribute can not be used either way.

Response d).
    We already know the the effect will not activate. Torrential Tribute can not be used either way.

Response e).
    Incorrect.

Question 3:
    Correct answer: a

Response a).
    Cyber Valley's first effect to remove itself from play when attacked is infact a cost. This is evident from the way the text is worded in comparison to the other two effects. The way it is written, Cyber Valley must remove itself in order to draw a card and end the Battle Phase. So the cost is to remove to do something.

Response b).
    Here we have an effect text stating you can remove Cyber Valley from play with another monster and draw 2 cards. Everything is happening at the same time. This is evident by "and" joining all the effects together making it one single effect with no cost.

Response c).
    Once again the entire third effect is joined by "ands" and indicates that this effect is a single effect with no cost required that will resolve at the same time.

Response d).
    Incorrect

Response e).
    Incorrect

Question 4:
    Correct answer: e

I understand a few of you were concerned with picking a choice between a. and e. because of the wording of a's answer. E is the only correct answer and even with the way the answers are worded this is still evident. Let's discuss.

Response a).
    So why is this incorrect? Well, why are most of these incorrect is because of the same reason. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero cannot be Special Summoned other than with Fusion Summon. No if's no but's and no :OOO. Lot's of people still do it! and I'm very suprised. Elemental Hero Absolute Zero cannot be brought back with Return From the Different Dimension, it cannot come back with Call of the Haunted and it certainly cannot be Summoned by Goyo Guardian. In fact. All of the ELemental Hero Fusion monsters are exactly like this. Not summonable by any means other than Fusion Summon. The only Chain Link that would occur will be Zero's

Response b).
    Elemental Hero Absolute Zero cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon.

Response c).
    Goyo Guardian will not have a chain link in this situation.

Response d).
    Goyo Guardian will not have a chain link in this situation.

Response e).
    Correct! No Special Summon is possible, no chain link is possible by Goyo Guardian, e is the only answer.

Question 5: TRUE

This is a difficult Missing the Timing question. When Ryko is flipped up and selects Dimensional Alchemist as a target, Dimensional Alchemist misses the timing and its effect will not activate. It will work like this:

Ryko is flipped up (by battle or manually)
    Chain Link 1: Ryko's effect activates, player choose target Dimensional Alchemist.
    ---Chain resolves---
    Chain Link 1: Dimensional Alchemist is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard.
    << Dimensional Alchemist's effect should activate here, but cannot interrupt the resolution of Ryko's effect, resolution continues >>
    Chain Link 1: The top 3 cards from the Deck are sent to the Graveyard.
    << Dimensional Alchemist can no longer activate since the last thing to happen was 3 cards sent to the Graveyard. It has missed the timing >>

Question 6: FALSE

When Battle Fader is Special Summoned it ends the Battle Phase as its being Summoned to the field. BEcause of this unique property the effect is not considered activating on the field or in the hand and it will end the Battle Phase in what we can call a "limbo" between the hand and the field. This means Battle Fader is unaffected by Skill Drain.

Question 7: FALSEDrill Warrior's effect to return itself to the field activates it is perfectly legal to use Royal Oppression's effect. Remember, Royal Oppression can be used to negate the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and because of this it can stop Drill Warrior activating in the RFG zone which will in turn destroy it and it will remain in the RFG zone and not Special Summon itself to the field. Nifty.

Question 8: TRUE

Whenever a card is removed from play it is always removed from play face-up, regardless of what position it was on the field when removed. The same applies for cards sent to the Graveyard, they are also sent to the Graveyard while face-up no matter what position they were in.

--The Detonator--
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Sat Aug 07, 2010 7:39 pm

If my question 9 is correct i aced Cool
    Mino
    Mino

Male Posts : 86
    Speed Credits : 578

Post by Mino Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:52 pm

About the rfg face-up thing.. mind explaining Different Dimensional Capsule?
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:39 pm

When a monster is destroyed and removed from play it is always removed from play face-up unless the card specifies to remove it from play face down.

Different Dimension Capsule falls in the category of a card that specifies to remove it from play face-down.

--The Detonator--
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:32 pm

I screwed up a little on Battle Fader question but basically i answered correct. Is my answer still counted as correct ? xD and what about question 9 . What is the right answer ? , i wanna know it T.T
    Goomoonryong

Male Posts : 16
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Goomoonryong Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:05 am

Seems I had everything right, but my reasoning for question 4 was way off. I can't believe I have such a hard time remembering that it can't be summoned except by fusion. I think that's the 3rd time I forget it, but I just can't seem to remember that one.
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:46 am

Darn i don't read that Cyber Valley 1st effect is a cost >.< (ARGH So frustating...)
    Care to explain about Junk Archer's effect? since it's effect is also removing a monster also in face-down defense position

btw, for the question about absolute zero, maybe replacing zero with Machina Fortress will create more confuseness? (though the result will be diferent)
    Mino
    Mino

Post by Mino Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:11 am

The Detonator wrote:

Different Dimension Capsule falls in the category of a card that specifies to remove it from play face-down.

--The Detonator--

heh.. gotcha

Also I resent my quiz answers cause I haven't gotten my results yet.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:12 am

I love you avatar btw Mino.
    I'll be sending results soon.

--The Detonator--
    Mino
    Mino

Post by Mino Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:36 am

I love it too Razz. Kimo made it.
    + Zemnas rocks.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:34 am

who won? xD
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:54 pm

hey ive get my result already

will u post the discussion about this here?
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:03 pm

where s my Result?
    I have been PM Det long time ago to answer this Quiz, but the result didnt come yet....
    >.< albino
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

Post by the jancok Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:38 pm

The Detonator wrote:I appologise for my slowness in the answers. I've been super busy with University and working that i haven;t had much of a chance to get online at all. Once again, at work, so I'll post them tonight after my footy match. Sorry guys i know you are all waiting patiently.
    Tyann wrote:where s my Result?
    I have been PM Det long time ago to answer this Quiz, but the result didnt come yet....
    >.<
    Well, det 've been busy for college i think, det's already told to us so don't bother him? :]. Just be a patient. D:
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

Post by Yuri Bakura Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:15 pm

@william : the discussion is in page 1 ...
    Ruby
    Ruby

Post by Ruby Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:49 am

yes, one mistake Sad

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am