Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+8
Stef
Aludra
Tyann
BERKAY
Goomoonryong
vem123
WilBer
Yuri Bakura
12 posters

stardust dragon effect

Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Male Posts : 707
    Speed Credits : 2687

stardust dragon effect Empty stardust dragon effect

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:20 pm

1 - I got monsters at field with stardust, my opponent activate darkhole, and then my stardust negate it then my opponent have Yubel - Terror Incarnate, his effect will destroy all my monster during end phase. He end his turn, and then that monster effect activate, become chain link 1, my stardust dragon effect become chain link 2. When resolving, my stardust dragon summon to field, can he negate the destruction during chain resolving ?

------------------really confuse------------------------
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

stardust dragon effect Empty Re: stardust dragon effect

Post by WilBer Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:27 pm

i think yes he can?
    vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

Post by vem123 Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:39 pm

Yeah i am 90% sure he can
    Goomoonryong

Male Posts : 16
    Speed Credits : 0

Post by Goomoonryong Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:15 pm

The effects don't form a chain to begin with. He is turn player so he can choose to activate and resolve his effect first. When that is done, or if he chooses to pass priority, you can summon your Stardust back. If he passed priority and you then summoned Stardust, you can negate his Yubel when he activates it's effect after Stardust has been summoned.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:00 pm

first ... yubel incarnate effect is Compulsory Trigger Effects, so ... he cannot pass priority without yubel effect activate...

second, what i am asking is

Yubel - chain link 1
    Stardust - Chain link 2

chain resolve backward, so stardust summon to the field, so can he negate Yubel ? Not what will happen after he pass the priority

and yubel effect did start a chain, stardust did too = ="
    BERKAY
    BERKAY

Male Posts : 1134
    Speed Credits : 2933
    GMT : +2

Post by BERKAY Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:41 pm

If you're right about Chain Link order, Dusty can do this of course.
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:21 pm

Both effect start out when your end...... its confused too...>.<
    Just like you activate treeborn frog when sacred phoenix wanna special summon too from ur grave at ur standby phase, who summoned first then?
    Just like Berkay said, are u sure about Its chain link?
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:41 pm

ok ... first, during the end phase, mandatory trigger effect always GO FIRST !!! so Yubel Incarnate effect become chain link 1, then opponent has choice to activate any card before pass the priority to me. He didn't activate any card so he pass the priority to me. I activate stardust dragon effect. so it become chain link 2, and STARDUST DRAGON EFFECT IS NOT MANDATORY.

So i am sure chain go like this but the problem is, can stardust activate effect during chain resolving ??? My brother said it is impossible = =" He told me an example why cannot

Call of the haunted chain link 2
    Book of moon chain link 1

chain resolve backward, call of the haunted resolve, special summon a monster, and he said "SO YOU WANT TO TELL ME YOU CAN CHAIN BOTTOMLESS DURING CHAIN RESOLVING !! ? ?! ?!?"

= ="
    Goomoonryong

Post by Goomoonryong Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:11 pm

1st, Yubel and Stardust will not form a chain (like I said before)

2nd, even if they did you wouldn't be able to use Stardust's effect.

3rd, I assume you made this topic because you wanted help with the question, but if all you want to do is shoot down posts with correct answers and make up your own little rules, then be my guest.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:13 pm

i make this topic because i want to ask can Stardust effect activate during middle of the chain ~.~"

admin can close this topic, actually i am waiting detonator to give me the answer = ="
    Tyann
    Tyann

Male Posts : 458
    Speed Credits : 1835
    GMT : +9

Post by Tyann Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:22 pm

U should not talking about "close" this thread ( If crescent Know this, he will directly close this thread like u said before deto Explain it to us) Very Happy
    This really confused on me too.....
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Post by Aludra Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:20 pm

Yuri Bakura wrote:ok ... first, during the end phase, mandatory trigger effect always GO FIRST !!! so Yubel Incarnate effect become chain link 1, then opponent has choice to activate any card before pass the priority to me. He didn't activate any card so he pass the priority to me. I activate stardust dragon effect. so it become chain link 2, and STARDUST DRAGON EFFECT IS NOT MANDATORY.

So i am sure chain go like this but the problem is, can stardust activate effect during chain resolving ??? My brother said it is impossible = =" He told me an example why cannot

Call of the haunted chain link 2
    Book of moon chain link 1

chain resolve backward, call of the haunted resolve, special summon a monster, and he said "SO YOU WANT TO TELL ME YOU CAN CHAIN BOTTOMLESS DURING CHAIN RESOLVING !! ? ?! ?!?"

= ="

I Have same opinion with ur brother, Stardust will miss the timing..
    But well I am not an expert in ruling lets wait det's..
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Yuri is right, because this is the same with Torrential Tribute.

If you Special Summon "Stardust Dragon" during the End Phase and your opponent activates "Torrential Tribute", you can chain "Stardust Dragon's" first effect to negate "Torrential Tribute". If you do, you can Special Summon "Stardust Dragon" again during the same End Phase.

Check it on wikia if you don't believe me Smile Always check on wikia before asking ruling questions, you will find the answer most of the time!

This happens because Stardust's Summon does not start a chain. The effect that states that Stardust Dragon will be special summoned in the End Phase is the same with the one that negates a card that destroys cards on the field. If you negate Stardust's first effect he won't come back in the end phase. I'm not completely sure about this, but for me it kinda makes sense xD

@Goomoonryong Yubel's effect effect that destroys all other monsters on the field is a Trigger Effect, so why doesn't it start a chain? :S

Destroying all other monsters during the End Phase is a Trigger Effect.

From YGO wikia
    Reference : Individual Card Rulings on Netrep
    Aster Bakura
    Aster Bakura

Male Posts : 41
    Speed Credits : 7

Post by Aster Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 pm

If you Special Summon "Stardust Dragon" during the End Phase and your opponent activates "Torrential Tribute", you can chain "Stardust Dragon's" first effect to negate "Torrential Tribute". If you do, you can Special Summon "Stardust Dragon" again during the same End Phase.

this example didn't help = ="

Your example ... Torrential tribute effect activate <<< stardust negate it since he is face up at field

Torrential Tribute chain link 1
    stardust chain link 2

Question is different, Yubel effect activate first <<< Stardust is not face up at field, he still at graveyard, no people negate it

Yubel effect chain link 1
    Stardust revive chain link 2
    Goomoonryong

Post by Goomoonryong Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:07 pm

Sigh...

I didn't say Yubel and Stardust don't start a chain. I said they don't form a chain, as in they activate and resolve seperately. There is Chain Link 1 twice. No Chain Link 2. And Stardust's effect in the End Phase to Special Summon it back does start a chain.

As Aster said, your example with Torrential has no use here since it's 2 different situations.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:16 pm

Lets make things clear shall we.

The End Phase is a very important step where many effects take place and many resolutions take place. During the End Phase it is the turn player who decides which effects resolve first. In this case, the turn player controls Yubel, and the non-turn player has Stardust Dragon in the Graveyard.

Lets notice importantly that the turn player control a Mandatorty Trigger Effect and the opponent controls a Optional Trigger Effect. Since the turn player has priority in the End Phase he gets to decide whether he wants to activate his Mandatroy Trigger Effect immediately or not.

--Player A enters the End Phase--
    Player A can activate and resolve Yubel OR pass priority to his opponent.

Even though it is a Mandatory Trigger Effect you can pass priority and resolve it later but it will resolve regardless. Two things happen from this:

Option 1. Player A chooses to activate and resolve Yubel
    Option 2. Player A chooses to resolve Yubel later, Player B can now activate Stardust Dragon OR pass Priority back to Player A.

Now we have a number of things that can happen. If player A chooses option 1. Then Player B can respond to the activation of Yubel with a card but cannot chain Stardust Dragon since the two effects are not happening at the same time. The only time trigger effects form a chain is if the happen at the exact same time, but the End Phase bends the rules and actually contains many substeps that do not allow for this to happen.

Following from Option 1:

1 a). Yubel resolves destroying all monsters on the field. Player B can now activate and resolve Stardust Dragon.

Now lets look at how option 2 could work. Player B has two choices here, he can pass priority back to player A or choose to activate and resolve Stardust Dragon.

Following from Option 2:
    2 a). Player B activates and resolves Stardust Dragon. Priority is passed back to Player A who must now activate and resolve Yubel's effect.
    2 b). Player B passes priority back to Player A who now must resolve Yubel's effect. When Yubels effect resolves, Player B can once again decide to activate Stardust Dragons effect.

With option 2 a). in this case, Stardust is summoned to the field before Yubel is activated and can chain itself once Player A is forced to activate Yubel's effect since he already passed Yubels effect once. With option 2 b). and since no more passing can be done. Mandatroy effects must now activate and resolve. Stardust Dragon like we said cannot chain its effect because it is not happening at the same time but in a different substep later in the End Phase so Yubel will go first and Stardust can be summoned after Yubel has fully resolved.

The key thing to remember is "whos turn is it?" and "does he want to pass his priority to me?" Mandatory effects can be passed only in the End Phase, and will instead activate after Player B has decided if he would like to activate his effects first.

So as a straight answer without all the mumbo jumbo, Stardust Dragon will not be able to chain its effect to Yubel if he wants to use Yubels effect before you can summon Stardust. If he doesnt, you can summon stardust and then he must use yubels effect which you can chain to so it all depends on what your opponent wants to do.
    Yuri Bakura
    Yuri Bakura

Post by Yuri Bakura Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:49 pm

Is this mean,

If Player A (Who control Yubel Incarnate) pass the priority to Opponent, and the opponent choose to revive stardust and the the priority pass back to Player A, he forced to activate Yubel effect =

Chain Link 1 Stardust Dragon Revive
    Chain LInk 2 Yubel effect destroy

Result is Destroy all monsters at field except Yubel and then stardust revive

and

If Player A choose activate Yubel effect and the opponent activate stardust effect =

Chain Link 1 Yubel effect
    Chain Link 2 Stardust Effect

Result is Stardust will get destroy ?
    Stef
    Stef

Male Posts : 189
    Speed Credits : 261

Post by Stef Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:32 am

@Yuri Bakura

No, both of these are incorrect.

Read Det's explanation again and try to understand Smile

Spoiler:

Stardust Dragon's effect and Yubel's effect won't activate at the same time, therefore they will not form a chain, so if Player A passes priority to Player B, then Player B can summon Stardust, and THEN Player A will activate Yubel. This ISN'T a chain, it's two different effects happening at a different time. That's why you can THEN chain Stardust to Yubel's effect and negate it.

IF Player A retains priority, Yubel's Effect will be activated and will destroy all monsters on the field. Then Player B can decide if he wants to Special Summons Stardust.

Looks like Det saved the day Cool
    Hebi
    Hebi

Male Posts : 55
    Speed Credits : 231

Post by Hebi Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:12 am

and All i can say is wow.... lmao det's a freak! Shocked
    FinasLionheart
    FinasLionheart

Male Posts : 50
    Speed Credits : 45

Post by FinasLionheart Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:22 am

@TheDetonator
    How about if you sticky your post above. It's very helpful and understandable =)
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 am

@FinasLionheart
    Sure. I'll make a more generalized version of my post and make a sticky tutorial on the End Phase.
    Goomoonryong

Post by Goomoonryong Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Goomoonryong wrote:The effects don't form a chain to begin with. He is turn player so he can choose to activate and resolve his effect first. When that is done, or if he chooses to pass priority, you can summon your Stardust back. If he passed priority and you then summoned Stardust, you can negate his Yubel when he activates it's effect after Stardust has been summoned.
    Didn't someone say this in the beginning? Why do I even bother anymore...
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Post by The Detonator Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:43 pm

Sometimes it can take more than one person to show that something will work the way it works. I just went into massive detail so everyone could understand what is happening in this scenario and why since there was so much debate involved.

But yes your post was correct Goomoo.
    Goomoonryong

Post by Goomoonryong Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:39 pm

I just find it weird that if I say something, people go "gtfo of here scrub, you don't know s***", and then you come along and say something and people go "ahh, I see".

I AM BOILING WITH ANGER, ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!

*rage quits*
    Aludra
    Aludra

Female Posts : 356
    Speed Credits : 3991

Post by Aludra Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:13 pm

Goomoonryong wrote:I just find it weird that if I say something, people go "gtfo of here scrub, you don't know s***", and then you come along and say something and people go "ahh, I see".

I AM BOILING WITH ANGER, ROOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!

*rage quits*

Well Tbh its not that weird If I see it from my point of view,
    since u're new here so ppl will doubt u, even with ur explanation that is really short and ppl get confused by ur explanation so ppl will just ignore it..
    its different with det's explanation that is long and more details such like he is adding the reason why it didnt form any chain, not to mention he is a well-known person here that have a great knowledge of ruling..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:49 pm