Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

3 posters

(my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero

HunterZero

Male Posts : 3
    Speed Credits : 0

(my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero Empty (my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero

Post by HunterZero Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:51 pm

MY FIRST ARTICLE
    This is a short article for people who like not popular, strange decks which aren't seen often. It will help you how to make such decks.

Table of contents:
    1. Choosing an especial card
    2. Getting tips, hints about "x" card
    3. Discovering the main tactic of your deck
    4. Basing on the main tactic, putting cards you need (OTK, FTW, high atk, high def, high level, low level etc.)
    5. Testing the deck

1. Choosing an especial card

The easiest way to make a strange deck is to search for a monster (or even trap/spell card) about which you want to make your deck. Choose a monster which you like and think has a really good eff and can maybe destroy your opponent easily. (example: Great Maju Garzett - a monster which can have high attack easily and so decrease opponents lifepoints easy way)

2. Getting tips, hints about "x" card

The best way to get tips, hints about your card is to go to wikia and search http://yugioh.wikia.com , also the deck you are going to make is maybe already in wikia so you may search here for the decks http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Deck_Types:_A-C . Every deck is made somewhere sometime, so you can google just your card and add deck after its name, google will find the deck on some forum. There you will be able what ideas people have about the deck, theres no need to think much about a deck which is already made somewhere, so you just see the ideas and add your own if you think those are not enough good for your deck.

3. Discovering the main tactic of your deck

After you've seen the ideas,tips,hints,rullings about your card, you have to think about the main tactic of the deck. Since you now know the meaning of your card and the cards which may be used for it, you may see what tactic to use. (example: garzett deck tactic is to easy special summon monsters which you use as a tribute for garzett, and that way easy become strong attack with it, you also use spells/traps for high atk monsters like "mystik wok")

4. Basing on the main tactic (OTK, FTW, high atk,
    high def, high level, low level etc.)

Now you have discovered the main tactic of the deck you want to make. It is time to search for every card which may be used for it. (example: for garzett you must have monsters which can special summon their selves like "vice dragon" "cyber dragon" "tricky" etc. You have to use also high atk lvl 4 monsters in deck in combination with "threatening roar" which is very fast card and will protect your monsters on field so you can tribute them next turn for garzett.)
    You must have cards which will protect your "main card" of the deck, and even cards which will use the main monster as a cost to make a good effect when the monster would be destroyed by some other card, or removed from field. (example: Garzett has a high atk, it can be destroyed easyily by traps and spells though, so to protect it on field, you may use "my body as a shield", the card "mystik wok" is perfect for this tactic too, it increases your lifepoints much when tributing garzett, and gives you a chance to have 2-3 "my body as a shield" cards__________this is just an example)

5. Testing the deck

After you have make your deck, it is time to test it properly. Best way to test such deck is to go against a meta deck right now. When playing against a meta deck, you see what your deck misses. When you have done the test, replace the cards you think you dont need with some more useful ones.

~HUNTER ZERO~

(any question is welcome)
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

(my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero Empty Re: (my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero

Post by OptimusYale Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:59 pm

Good article though a few things that I think you missed or glossed over.

Making a strange deck isn't about the winning, its using quirky cards and effects that frustrate or confuse your opponent. My alien deck is a good example. Not many people know alien cards nor do many people know how to duel against them. So you have the upper advantage of being able to take the game to your opponent and force them into making moves that do not benefit them. (when I was dueling Atem today I noticed a move which if he'd of known the effects he would have won that turn, but as he didnt he had to fight a few more turns for it.

Also testing the deck: Decks based around 'odd cards' are not usually designed to go against meta. They're more for fun dueling than meta dueling. When you duel a weird deck the best way to test is to start off small. Duel a few other weird decks, duel non meta duel the noobs on KCVDS. Doing this helps you to know where your combo's are, where they're gonna come out and what they're useful against. Only once you've low end tested it is it time to move it up to dueling the meta. Otherwise you may end up trashing a deck as it gets thumped by blackwings or lightsworns when the deck itself isn't half bad!
    HunterZero

Male Posts : 3
    Speed Credits : 0

(my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero Empty Re: (my 1st article) How to make a strange deck which will impress your opponents-by HunterZero

Post by HunterZero Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:13 pm

ehm ok, but the goal of this article is to make a strange deck with a "never seen" tactic by your opponent (alien decks have already their monsters spells traps, so they aint so strange as the decks u gonna make like here), to make a "very good" strange deck, IMO its not fun to make a deck which u will lose all the time and get dead draws etc. this article could help people to make a strange AND competitive deck Smile and since making competitive deck u test it against meta to see what u miss Smile

thnx for the post, i hope i duel u soon with a strange deck i m gonna make Very Happy
    OptimusYale
    OptimusYale

Male Posts : 453
    Speed Credits : 2825

Post by OptimusYale Sun Feb 07, 2010 2:24 pm

Would be a pleasure to duel you with my odd deck!

But Aliens never really saw much play. Problem with just picking a strange card to work with is that to be competetive these days you need those support cards...otherwise you'll be overrun by most well constructed decks. And duelling beginers and non meta decks still allow you to see what you miss, but they still allow your deck to get a few wins and make you more confident with it!
    Nhant
    Nhant

Male Posts : 534
    Speed Credits : 1526

Post by Nhant Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:58 pm

Nice article Hunter. I'm a big fan of making strange decks myself. I find that using meta decks over and over again gets to be kinda boring. Sure it may win you duels, but you don't have much fun while using it. I always try to make decks that are "weird" or that aren't seen very much. Sometimes I like to take a meta deck and mix it with some other types of decks that haven't been done before and i have gotten some pretty surprising results, but not all of them turn out so well. It's just a matter of trial and error or how creative you are.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:03 am