Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

5 posters

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets

vem123
    vem123

Male Posts : 415
    Speed Credits : 6014

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Empty A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets

Post by vem123 Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:23 pm

So guys this will be my first article and will be about my current favorite deck. I hope you will like it and please rate it.
    Deck Article :
    Machina Gadgets

First of all, Machinas are not a new archetype. In fact some of them existed many years ago, and their main objective was to get out Machina Force.
    This deck was nowhere near a competitive deck, but the situation changed a lot with the release of Structure Deck: Machina Mayhem .This structure deck introduced ''Machina Fortress'' , ''Machina Peacekeaper'' and ''Machina Gearframe''. The easy fortress abuse gave the deck a great boost, but not enough to go against the top decks. The machines needed some ''gadgets'' to enpower them and indeed they found them. The compination of them leaded to a very competitive deck which is based on summoning ''Machina Fortress'' and other machine monsters (preferably along with solidarity), while keeping hand advantage with the help of the ''Gadget'' Monsters
    Let us take a look in the key monsters of this Deck

Gadgets

Spoiler:

Effect : ''When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 Red/Yellow/Green Gadget to your hand
    --Green searches for Red. Red searches for Yellow, and Yellow searces for Green--.

Usage : What makes them special is that you can have at least one monster in your hand every turn.Every time you summon a Gadget, you get another one in an instance so the -1 hand advantage you get by summoning a monster becomes - 0 because of the monster you add to your hand. With the effect of these you can easily have a fodder for ''Machina Fortress'' every turn. Gadgets are not infected by ''Bottomless Trap Hole'' except if you have solidarity in your field so this is a plus.
    How many to run ? : You should run 2 of each gadget to avoid dead draws. 3 of each are overkill. Use 3 in Gadget Stun decks only.

Machina Fortress
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN001

Effect : You can discard Machine-type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this face-up card you control is targeted by an opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand.
    Usage : This guy is the key card of the deck.It can be easily Special Summoned by discarding itself and 1 other Machine-type monster .The fact it can discard itself is pretty handy because just with a -1 you can have a 2500ATK beatstick (3300+ with one or more Solidarity(ies) on the field).It can also be Special Summoned from the Graveyard in hard situations, preferably by discarding ''Machina Force''.If your opponent wants to destroy it he has to think it two times because if Fortress is destoyed by battle it can destroy a card on the field. An effect which can be very useful if you want to get rid of your opponent's key cards. Also if it is targetted by a monster effect (like monarchs), You can see your opponent's hand and discard one card from it, learning what your opponent will try to do next turn and turn one key card of his useless.
    How many to run ? : I suggest running 2 of them, 3 can become dead draws but if you prefer 3 you can run them.

Machina Gearframe
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaGearframeSDMM-EN-SR-UE

Effect : When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Machina" monster, except "Machina Gearframe", from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a Machine-type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead
    Usage : This guy is sure one of the best cards in this deck. A 1800 beatstick and can search for Fortress or even Force sometimes! If boosted with solidarity he can easily beat synchos like Stardust or even your opponent's fortress etc..
    His second effect is nice if you want to protect your fortress, but if you ask me i will almost never use it. There are cards like Caius, that can destroy both of your monsters so do not take the risc

How many to run ? : A key card of the deck. Definetaly use 3.

Machina Force
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaForceSDMM-EN-C-UE

Effect : This card cannot be Normal or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Commander Convigton''. This card cannot declare an attack unless you pay 1000 Life Points. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard to select and Special Summon one each of "Machina Soldier", "Machina Sniper", and "Machina Defender" from your Graveyard
    Usage : This card is almost impossible to hit the field and the only use in a machina deck is that you can discard it to Special Summon , ''Machina Fortress'' from your Graveyard so that you will decrease the cost of discarding it from -2 to -1. It can be also searched through Gearframe.
    How many to run ? : 1 is ok in that deck. If you want you can run 0 but never run more than one.

Machina Peacekeeper
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN003

Effect :: When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 Union from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase you can equip this card to a machine-Type monster you control as an Equip, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)
    Usage : This card is the searcher of the searcher. It is pretty handy to quickly get a gearframe to your hand and unlike with gearframe it is safer to equip it to Fortress because here we care more about peacekeeper's effect which activates even if equipped and not about keeping gearframe on the field.
    How many to run ? :An average good card. Run 1 or 2. I sometimes run 1 and sometimes run 2. Most of the times i run 1 but it is your choice

Other monsters that you may run :
    1-2 Scrap Recycler
    1 Machina Soldier
    1-2 Cyber Dragon

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spell/Trap Support

Solidarity
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets ANPR-EN054

Effect : If you have only 1 original (printed) Type of monster in your graveyard, face-up monsters you control with the same Type gain 800 ATK.
    Usage :This deck runs only machines so this is a perfect card for it.With that our gadgets have at least 2000 ATK and fortress 3300, an attack which can easily beat the most of in-game monsters.One of the key cards of the deck.
    How many to run ? : Particularly good card. Run at least 2.

Royal Oppression
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets CP08-EN013

Effect : Pay 800 Life Points to negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it. Both you and your opponent can use this effect as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
    Usage : This is another important card in machinas.The only monster you have that is special summoned is ''Machina Fortress'' . If you get to special summon it and have an oppression ready then you have the uper hand, against the most decks.Even if you have a solidarity and some gadgets, you will be able to control the duel easily
    How many to run ? : Two for sure.Oppression is a key card.

Smashing Ground
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 005

Effect : Destroy the 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has the highest DEF. (If it's a tie, you get to choose.)
    Usage : Another very good card.Smashing Ground will propably destroy one of your opponent's best monster, propably allowing your gadgets to do some damage by direct attacking.You can destroy annoying cards like Rai-Oh with that etc...
    How many to run ? : Really nice card. Run 3 in all your gadget decks.

Dimensional Prison
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 171px-DimensionalPrisonWC08-JP-UR

Effect : Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from Play the attacking monster.
    Usage : Gadgets are weak without Solidarity so D-Prison is the best card to protect them.This card can take out almost all of the cards in the game.Use this and Smashing Ground to eliminate your opponent monsters and slightly gain the field advantage.
    How many to run ? : Same with smashing. Run 3 of these

Other Spell/Traps to use :
    1x Torrential Tribute
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Solemn Judgment
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole

~~End of the article~~

Article Creator : Vem123

Sources : http://yugioh.wikia.com , http://www.google.com/images , Self Knowledge.

Please do not post this article in other sites without asking me first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So guys this is the end of my article. I hope it will help you a lot. I tried to make it as more comfortable to read as i could.
    You are free to rate and suggest fixes.
    Thanks for reading and ofc give me a +1 rep if you like it.

P.S I cannot understand why the letter's color and size change after fortress Sad . I double-checked the code and it is alright. I think this have to be a forumotion bug or something because any letter in my sig turned green too O.o

~~vem123~~

Last edited by vem123 on Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
    the jancok
    the jancok

Male Posts : 657
    Speed Credits : 6016
    GMT : +7

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Empty Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets

Post by the jancok Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:50 pm

I like the ending within red text D:. Good article. KIU.
    Yusei Fudo.
    Yusei Fudo.

Male Posts : 227
    Speed Credits : 673

A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets Empty Re: A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets

Post by Yusei Fudo. Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 pm

Awesome article.
    +1 rep from me.
    Gino

Male Posts : 116
    Speed Credits : 4529

Post by Gino Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:48 pm

very nice article vem Very Happy
    learned a lil bit more about machina thanx to this Very Happy
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks guys!

Here is the code :

Spoiler:

If you find the mistake you get 200SC from me Smile
    HyawehHoshikawa
    HyawehHoshikawa

Male Posts : 110
    Speed Credits : 479

Post by HyawehHoshikawa Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:20 pm

well, gadget is definitely a deck that wouldn't waste your hand very much,being their opponent will not feeling really satisfied even if they succeded torrential tributing/MFing =.=,
    other than that, Machina fortress is also broken card because it can ressurect himself from the grave, and AFAIK the only good card to get rid of him is just BTH, though it can be countered with book of moon, resulting the atk point of fortress is unknown when BTH resolve.

^^Nice article, though i'm actually looking for an article that isn't considered "common" deck

and also, we actually can just quote your article and find ur code Razz
    btw, all i've done is just wraping it orderly, here's an example
    Code:
    [center][color][size]....[/size][/color][/center]
    yai 200 SC for me XD

Spoiler:

Effect : ''When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 Red/Yellow/Green Gadget to your hand
    --Green searches for Red. Red searches for Yellow, and Yellow searces for Green--.

Usage : What makes them special is that you can have at least one monster in your hand every turn.Every time you summon a Gadget, you get another one in an instance so the -1 hand advantage you get by summoning a monster becomes - 0 because of the monster you add to your hand. With the effect of these you can easily have a fodder for ''Machina Fortress'' every turn. Gadgets are not infected by ''Bottomless Trap Hole'' except if you have solidarity in your field so this is a plus.
    How many to run ? : You should run 2 of each gadget to avoid dead draws. 3 of each are overkill. Use 3 in Gadget Stun decks only.

Machina Fortress
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN001

Effect : You can discard Machine-type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this face-up card you control is targeted by an opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand.
    Usage : This guy is the key card of the deck.It can be easily Special Summoned by discarding itself and 1 other Machine-type monster .The fact it can discard itself is pretty handy because just with a -1 you can have a 2500ATK beatstick (3300+ with one or more Solidarity(ies) on the field).It can also be Special Summoned from the Graveyard in hard situations, preferably by discarding ''Machina Force''.If your opponent wants to destroy it he has to think it two times because if Fortress is destoyed by battle it can destroy a card on the field. An effect which can be very useful if you want to get rid of your opponent's key cards. Also if it is targetted by a monster effect (like monarchs), You can see your opponent's hand and discard one card from it, learning what your opponent will try to do next turn and turn one key card of his useless.
    How many to run ? : I suggest running 2 of them, 3 can become dead draws but if you prefer 3 you can run them.

Machina Gearframe
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaGearframeSDMM-EN-SR-UE

Effect : When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Machina" monster, except "Machina Gearframe", from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase, you can equip this card to a Machine-type monster you control as an Equip Card, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead
    Usage : This guy is sure one of the best cards in this deck. A 1800 beatstick and can search for Fortress or even Force sometimes! If boosted with solidarity he can easily beat synchos like Stardust or even your opponent's fortress etc..
    His second effect is nice if you want to protect your fortress, but if you ask me i will almost never use it. There are cards like Caius, that can destroy both of your monsters so do not take the risc

How many to run ? : A key card of the deck. Definetaly use 3.

Machina Force
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets MachinaForceSDMM-EN-C-UE

Effect : This card cannot be Normal or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except with "Commander Convigton''. This card cannot declare an attack unless you pay 1000 Life Points. You can send this card from the field to the Graveyard to select and Special Summon one each of "Machina Soldier", "Machina Sniper", and "Machina Defender" from your Graveyard
    Usage : This card is almost impossible to hit the field and the only use in a machina deck is that you can discard it to Special Summon , ''Machina Fortress'' from your Graveyard so that you will decrease the cost of discarding it from -2 to -1. It can be also searched through Gearframe.
    How many to run ? : 1 is ok in that deck. If you want you can run 0 but never run more than one.

Machina Peacekeeper
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets SDMM-EN003

Effect :: When this card on the field is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard, you can add 1 Union from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn, during your Main Phase you can equip this card to a machine-Type monster you control as an Equip, OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Attack Position. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.)
    Usage : This card is the searcher of the searcher. It is pretty handy to quickly get a gearframe to your hand and unlike with gearframe it is safer to equip it to Fortress because here we care more about peacekeeper's effect which activates even if equipped and not about keeping gearframe on the field.
    How many to run ? :An average good card. Run 1 or 2. I sometimes run 1 and sometimes run 2. Most of the times i run 1 but it is your choice

Other monsters that you may run :
    1-2 Scrap Recycler
    1 Machina Soldier
    1-2 Cyber Dragon

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Spell/Trap Support

Solidarity
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets ANPR-EN054

Effect : If you have only 1 original (printed) Type of monster in your graveyard, face-up monsters you control with the same Type gain 800 ATK.
    Usage :This deck runs only machines so this is a perfect card for it.With that our gadgets have at least 2000 ATK and fortress 3300, an attack which can easily beat the most of in-game monsters.One of the key cards of the deck.
    How many to run ? : Particularly good card. Run at least 2.

Royal Oppression
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets CP08-EN013

Effect : Pay 800 Life Points to negate a Special Summon of a monster and/or the effect of a card that Special Summons a monster and destroy it. Both you and your opponent can use this effect as long as this card remains face-up on the field.
    Usage : This is another important card in machinas.The only monster you have that is special summoned is ''Machina Fortress'' . If you get to special summon it and have an oppression ready then you have the uper hand, against the most decks.Even if you have a solidarity and some gadgets, you will be able to control the duel easily
    How many to run ? : Two for sure.Oppression is a key card.

Smashing Ground
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 005

Effect : Destroy the 1 face-up monster your opponent controls that has the highest DEF. (If it's a tie, you get to choose.)
    Usage : Another very good card.Smashing Ground will propably destroy one of your opponent's best monster, propably allowing your gadgets to do some damage by direct attacking.You can destroy annoying cards like Rai-Oh with that etc...
    How many to run ? : Really nice card. Run 3 in all your gadget decks.

Dimensional Prison
    A Gadget for the Machines! Deck Article : Machina Gadgets 171px-DimensionalPrisonWC08-JP-UR

Effect : Activate only when your opponent declares an attack. Remove from Play the attacking monster.
    Usage : Gadgets are weak without Solidarity so D-Prison is the best card to protect them.This card can take out almost all of the cards in the game.Use this and Smashing Ground to eliminate your opponent monsters and slightly gain the field advantage.
    How many to run ? : Same with smashing. Run 3 of these

Other Spell/Traps to use :
    1x Torrential Tribute
    1x Mirror Force
    1x Solemn Judgment
    2x Bottomless Trap Hole

~~End of the article~~

Article Creator : Vem123

Sources : http://yugioh.wikia.com , http://www.google.com/images , Self Knowledge.

Please do not post this article in other sites without asking me first.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

So guys this is the end of my article. I hope it will help you a lot. I tried to make it as more comfortable to read as i could.
    You are free to rate and suggest fixes.
    Thanks for reading and ofc give me a +1 rep if you like it.

P.S I cannot understand why the letter's color and size change after fortress Sad . I double-checked the code and it is alright. I think this have to be a forumotion bug or something because any letter in my sig turned green too O.o

~~vem123~~

and here's the code

Spoiler:

edited: the code has been edited because of some reason, and it should actually be good now Razz

Last edited by HyawehHoshikawa on Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:43 pm; edited 11 times in total
    vem123
    vem123

Post by vem123 Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Thanks you Hyaweh. Please an admin cash 200SC to him from me Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:09 pm