Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Turbo Duel Academy

Welcome to our academy, this academy offers what you'll see in other academies, and MANY things that you won't see anywhere else. Come and join the fun.

Turbo Duel Academy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Are you new?Post an Intro!
Portal updated on: October 5th, 2010
TDA's Bounty Hunter's Lounge: Week 13 Bounties!

+6
Atem
WilBer
The Detonator
Flodian
najex
Gothicmess
10 posters

Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not?

Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Male Posts : 341
    Speed Credits : 1376

Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not? Empty Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not?

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:31 am

Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not? PyroClockofDestinyPGD-EN-C

Pyro clock of destiny, a forgotten card.

Pyro clock of destiny makes a name for itself as an useless card in most decks, but how to really take advantage of this card?

Well start at the core of a deck, a deck that uses a lot of trap cards would find this card to be a good addition to they're deck, specially if your running a deck on pure Royal decree. The focus would be to set a Royal decree or any trap card that you which to use that same turn, Call of the Hunted comes to mind, set Call of the hunted and activate Pyro clock of destiny, this will allow you to activate Call of the Hunted the same turn you set it, possibly for a Duel ender.

Most of us know that counting turns is not that same as counting phases IE: Standby, battle or end phase.

Also I wouldn't mind adding a couple of this cards to a Toon deck, since it will allow for direct DMG the same turn you Summon your monsters, so keep it in mind. <>

Also, this card comes in handy when using good cards that allow you to apply they're effect "once per turn" and "cant do this" "cant do that" in the same turn you activate "this" or summon "that".

So you can see the versatility of this card, also for you massive token users and Giga plant users, with this you can tribute your tokens the same turn you summon them IE: Doomsday fire, Dandy-lion.

So, try this card out, you'll find some good use for it, Morphtronics will get a when they learn to use this properly, Tool dragon anyone? Cellphone?

Of course you have the drawback of a dead draw, just like most support cards, but if you take your time to understand this card, you'll be surprised when you have 3 or so Morphtronics and be a ble to activate they're effects multiple times in the same turn.

I dont know if this is possible but I dont see y not.

Pyro clock of destiny set on the field along with Chain material set on the field, and Fusion gate activate, its your turn and you have D hero Dragoons in your Extra deck, think about it.

Best of luck with this, I know I'll try it out.
    [/b]

Last edited by Gothicmess on Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    najex
    najex

Male Posts : 46
    Speed Credits : 393

Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not? Empty Re: Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not?

Post by najex Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:41 am

are you sure about all os this?

your card says "the turn in which this card is activated coninuous as normal"
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not? Empty Re: Pyro clock of destiny, useful or not?

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:45 am

100% it just means that you cant conduct your Battle phase twice if you already attacked.
    najex
    najex

Post by najex Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:05 am

ok than I am starting to see some intersting potential

especialy getting around the "once per turn" limetation

my Knowledge of the card game has increased once again thanks
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:09 am

I'm actually making My first Morph deck with this card right now, how to see yours in action in the later days.
    Flodian
    Flodian

Male Posts : 648
    Speed Credits : 6588

Post by Flodian Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:10 am

Great article! I really enjoyed it, bring back retro cards is awesome ^_^
    najex
    najex

Post by najex Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:17 am

so you can make card troper mill 6 cards and get a atk of 3400 atk nice xD
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 am

Yes, since card trooper counts phases not turns, even bazoo will get a kick out of these.
    The Detonator
    The Detonator

Male Posts : 1147
    Speed Credits : 850

Post by The Detonator Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:34 am

Your making me see the potential of forgotten cards o.o!!! like you said though alone they don't do much and become dead draws, buts with cards with "once per turn" like effecs it becomes a great OTK tool. Great for an OTK type deck.

--The Detonator--
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:43 am

Perfect for that Ill Blood for all you Zombie users o.-
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:58 am

eh cool article
    the only annnoying thing is ur blue text -.-
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:01 am

To much contrast?
    WilBer
    WilBer

Female Posts : 508
    Speed Credits : 1616

Post by WilBer Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:07 am

eh yep do u have any idea how to read it in black ?
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:11 am

Rephrase. <>
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Sun Feb 28, 2010 3:52 pm

Read carefully:
    *"Pyro Clock of Destiny" will only affect cards that count turns.
    It will affect "Swords of Revealing Light", "Nightmare's Steelcage", "Crush Card Virus", "Lightforce Sword", etc.
    It will not affect "Goblin Attack Force", "Cocoon of Evolution", "Great Moth", "Change of Heart", "Dimensionhole", "Destiny Board", "Different Dimension Capsule", "Ekibyo Drakmord", etc.

That means that cards that have "once per turn" and "cant do this" "cant do that" in the same turn you activate "this" or summon "that" in their text won't work with this card.
    I'm sorry to say that these strategies won't work, since the ruling specifically says it can only be used on cards that count turns.
    Unless of course Konami says otherwise. Razz
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:42 am

Atem wrote:Read carefully:
    *"Pyro Clock of Destiny" will only affect cards that count turns.
    It will affect "Swords of Revealing Light", "Nightmare's Steelcage", "Crush Card Virus", "Lightforce Sword", etc.
    It will not affect "Goblin Attack Force", "Cocoon of Evolution", "Great Moth", "Change of Heart", "Dimensionhole", "Destiny Board", "Different Dimension Capsule", "Ekibyo Drakmord", etc.

That means that cards that have "once per turn" and "cant do this" "cant do that" in the same turn you activate "this" or summon "that" in their text won't work with this card.
    I'm sorry to say that these strategies won't work, since the ruling specifically says it can only be used on cards that count turns.
    Unless of course Konami says otherwise. Razz
    Noted, this is why I recommended this card for "Once per turn" effects, since this cards dont have the "end phase" "standby phase" limitation, it is possible to do this, unless you have a rulling that says otherwise to "turn count". If you can get a rulling on this card that says I cant activate with "once per turn" effects I will close this topic, I say this because I haven't found this ruling or anything of that sorts, if you can find it please provide so we can close this up.

Another note, have you been wanting to OTK your opponent and they activate T. Roar? Doesn't it just burn you up? Guess what? yeah your right, Pyro clock takes care of that, so for all you Morph users, GET this card into your deck ASAP, I know I did :]
    koisthefish
    koisthefish

Male Posts : 37
    Speed Credits : 340

Post by koisthefish Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:11 am

hmm ill have to try this out and see what i can do with it

also would this work with chaos sorcerer?
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 am

If it says, once per turn, you can activate the effect twice, or activate the effect then attack.

But remember people, if wont work against T. Roar if you chain it to it.

You have to wait till T. Roar resolves, other wise you Clock will resolve and the T. Roar, which is useless
    flaker
    flaker

Male Posts : 62
    Speed Credits : 600

Post by flaker Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:05 am

IMO this card is really bad. That's the only good thing that this card can do but when you dont have the right cards on the field or in the hand, it is a complete dead draw. About the Trap coombo you said.. it's almost the same thing as setting a trap cuz you need to set pyro clock first and from all the cards, call of the hauntd will be the only one useful for pyro clock of destiny so that means that you need, again, to have the correct cards to use this combo. Top decking a T roar would be million times better than drawing this; that card alone is really good but a pyro clock of destiny cant save you like using t roar. So IMO this card is not useful.
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:12 am

Well, as mentioned before -cough-

I did explain the most support cards are dead draws if you get them at the wrong time, 2 Pyro clocks are good enough for consistency.

You have the draw back of dead drawing it, but it's also a good OTK pushing and OTK pushing if your opponent doesn't set cards like MF for being confident that he'll counter with roar and thus saving his skin, but I tell you this, would you rather have your opponent a MF or a roar on the field?
    flaker
    flaker

Male Posts : 62
    Speed Credits : 600

Post by flaker Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:22 am

I was comparing T roar to pyro clock of destiny because T Roar can do what you said and even more. You can have a chaos sorcerer on the field and activate it's effect then setting a T Roar from preventing him from being destroyed, thus using effect next turn, or you can have a chaos sorcerer, then set a facedown Pyro clock of destiny which would not be useful in your opponent's turn while threatening Roar can and Chaos Sorcerer has chances of being destroyed so that next turn you can use chaos sorcerer eff two times... I would prefer more the Threatening Roar option..

Let's say your opponent has Lumina and Lyla and if they hit you, you will lose. The only thing that could save you is the next card you draw.

Threatening Roar: Lyla will try to destroy roar but you chain it stopping attacks and doesn't matter if Lumina SS another monster cuz still he cant attack, and you have Lyla in defense which can be destroyed easily with his poor def.

Pyro clock of destiny: You set it.. Lumina SS a monster from grave, Lyla tries to destroys facedown and let's say you chain it. Lumina gets another eff and makes your dead even worse, or you can just decide not to chain it and still lose to Lumina and the SS'd monster.
    Gothicmess
    Gothicmess

Post by Gothicmess Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:29 am

And again . . . please read the post before this one -.-

Now, if you put a scennario where next card saves you I think I can name a "coule" that wont, so think about the pros and cons, if you run a deck that would benefit from this card greatly, by all means use it, if not, then dont, thats what it is, a support card for your deck, if your deck doesn't need that support card then simply dont use it, not ALL decks need Pyro clock of destiny as I mentioned before.

As for your example, next card saves you, you draw T Roar good, your safe that turn.

That gives your opponent card advantage, field advantage, JD fodder adn who knows what else.

As for Pyro clock, you draw good, your dead anyway because this support cardd is useless by itself . . .as I mentioned 2 times before.
    Atem
    Atem

Male Posts : 114
    Speed Credits : 1156

Post by Atem Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:14 pm

There's no ruling that tells you cannot use Pyro Clock of Destiny on "once per turn cards", simply because it does not do that.
    "Move the turn count forward by 1 turn. The turn in which this card is activated continues as normal."
    Pyro Clock of Destiny moves the "Turn Count". Notice that the "Turn Count" is in fact a Yu-Gi-Oh concept just like discarding, destroying etc.
    http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Turn_Count
    The only cards that involve Turn Counting are Final Countdown, Lightforce Sword, Swords of Revealing Light, Crush Card Virus, Deck Devastation Virus, Eradicator Epidemic Virus, Nightmare's Steelcage. Simply put, every card which you when you duel count the turns that have passed since it's activation (ex. 1/3 for Swords of Revealing Light, etc.)
    Every "once per turn" card does not enter in this group. Furthermore "once per turn" is a condition which tells you that you cannot activate this effect more than once in a turn. Also notice the text in italic in the card's effect: "The turn continues as normal", which means that the condition of "once per turn" does not get reset.
    overd0se.KayKay
    overd0se.KayKay

Male Posts : 200
    Speed Credits : 2611

Post by overd0se.KayKay Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:49 pm

Mhm that card just moves the turn count by 1 turn.
    I dont think that it is a good card. I wouldnt even play this card in a Final Countdown Deck x))
    DarkDuelist
    DarkDuelist

Male Posts : 21
    Speed Credits : 51

Post by DarkDuelist Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:54 pm

So what atem put I think this card can be useful in a final countdown deck or a stall deck using that cannon spell.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 6:25 am